Lighthouse Pup 5.03 203M Wine 1.3.14 (not being maintained)

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
HiDeHo

#221 Post by HiDeHo »

Hi Is this lhp 503-g the final version being made of the 32bit LHP

I do hope you are still working hard on it. but also i know when its done its done. lol

michel804

Installing debian package

#222 Post by michel804 »

First thanks to all for a very good distro that does everything expected and more. I recently tried to install a debian package so i can have a java compiler ( i am taking a class). the package manager gave a successful message BUT there was no compiler. So i want to know what i need to do to install the JDK in LHP. I have LHP 5.03 mariner, frugal install. thanks
Michel

gcmartin

Re: Installing debian package

#223 Post by gcmartin »

michel804 wrote:First thanks to all for a very good distro that does everything expected and more. I recently tried to install a debian package so i can have a java compiler ( i am taking a class). the package manager gave a successful message BUT there was no compiler. So i want to know what i need to do to install the JDK in LHP. I have LHP 5.03 mariner, frugal install. thanks
Michel
I am not a Puppy Linux developer, but I thinik for compilers to work you MAY need the DEVX SFS for 5.03G in order for desired results.

Other community members may provide better answers to this need.

Hope this helps

rcrsn51

#224 Post by rcrsn51 »

So i want to know what i need to do to install the JDK in LHP. I have LHP 5.03 mariner, frugal install. thanksMichel
Please provide a link to the JDK package you installed.

Cherag

not detecting Network Interface for a Lenovo 4518 pc

#225 Post by Cherag »

Hi,

I am beginer in GNU/Linux and need help in detecting a network interface on a Lenovo 4518 model pc. I have booted directly from USB ( no installation) and tried lading many modules from the list but cannot get the network inteface detected.

The network adapter is an Intel(R) 82579LM Gigabit Network Connection

Thanks in Advance,

gcmartin

#226 Post by gcmartin »

rcrsn51 wrote:
So i want to know what i need to do to install the JDK in LHP. I have LHP 5.03 mariner, frugal install. thanksMichel
Please provide a link to the JDK package you installed.
If my memory serves me correct (lifelong problem of mine) JRE is built into the Mariner product and its boot sequense.

Hope this helps.

Pelo

J'ai le Web ! Internet OK with eth0

#227 Post by Pelo »

Hello everybody. I kept this distro because I enjoyed very much it, but impossible to connect.
This morning i have success with this pet atl1e-v1.0.1.14-k2.6.33.2.pet.
Yes de yes !
merci a celui qui l'a fait.
My computer is a Medion akoya.
Attachments
atl1e-v1.0.1.14-k2.6.33.2.pet
A plus
(36.06 KiB) Downloaded 314 times

Pelo

LHP maintained by me

#228 Post by Pelo »

LHP maintained by me, I think about using a newer version (64 bits ?). Hum... I am sceptical.
Memo of clinical features (by a frenchy veterinarian) :
LHP503 pas de wifi pas de son
Installation avec luci de la Puplette de Petithar (kernel 3.0.25 de Racy 5.3). les firmware, modules de lib sont ceux de la Racy
Les modules de etc aussi
pas de souris active.
Je met une sauvegarde de la puplette et change lucisave en LHPsave. La souris fonctionne. Mais pas de réseau internet, ni de son.
Mots de passe : root et woofwoof