Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Fri 24 Oct 2014, 15:15
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Projects
Saluki
Moderators: Flash, JohnMurga
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topic :: View_next_topic
Page 139 of 250 Posts_count   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, ..., 248, 249, 250 Next
Author Message
gcmartin

Joined: 14 Oct 2005
Posts: 4368
Location: Earth

PostPosted: Tue 27 Mar 2012, 13:54    Post_subject:  

elroy wrote:
HiDeHo wrote:
For my saluki base
    ** do you have a list of files you put in adrive and zdrive. ...


The best way to learn how to use the custom-builder is to play with it. ...
Just a comment.

"... play with it ..." This is NOT the best way to learn. But, what you offer is what, I feel, the best way to learn. That is I feel a document should exist to give a start on a goal and the steps to achieve it.

By reading (or viewing) a structured approach consistent with the artist's/author's view allows all a base to which we can spring-board from.

Then, any questions arising from the spring-board can be fed back into a document which expands the knowledge necessary to properly use something.

I want to THANK @Elroy because he does, indeed, provide us with a useful approach that some can use as a spring-board to launching into the distro's custom-builder.

Thanks for the insight, as, I find it useful.

_________________
Get ACTIVE Create Circles; Do those good things which benefit people's needs!
We are all related ... Its time to show that we know this!
3 Different Puppy Search Engine or use DogPile
Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message 
jemimah


Joined: 26 Aug 2009
Posts: 4309
Location: Tampa, FL

PostPosted: Tue 27 Mar 2012, 14:23    Post_subject:  

New pets
Pcrypt - encryption
Pudd - disk copy
bleachbit - system cleanup
samba - file/print server
gtk-youtube-viewer
assaultcube - game
Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message Visit_website 
gcmartin

Joined: 14 Oct 2005
Posts: 4368
Location: Earth

PostPosted: Tue 27 Mar 2012, 14:50    Post_subject:  

rcrsn51 wrote:
jemimah wrote:
Adrive and Zdrive are the only sfses that will be autoloaded if found. For other sfses, just click on them to load them.

So if I want a setup with OpenOffice and printer support, I have to load those sfs packages at EVERY bootup?
This is a very good question for understanding.

I run a LIve media (CD?DVD) system. I currently have 1 save-session on Saluki16. Each time I boot, after the initial boot, is the Adrive brought into play each time, or is it only used on the initial boot before the first save-session, then is unused there-after?

Thanks in advnace

_________________
Get ACTIVE Create Circles; Do those good things which benefit people's needs!
We are all related ... Its time to show that we know this!
3 Different Puppy Search Engine or use DogPile
Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message 
pemasu


Joined: 08 Jul 2009
Posts: 5463
Location: Finland

PostPosted: Tue 27 Mar 2012, 14:51    Post_subject:  

Jemimah. Could you upload the devx sfs 015 md5sum. Just to be sure...
Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message 
gcmartin

Joined: 14 Oct 2005
Posts: 4368
Location: Earth

PostPosted: Tue 27 Mar 2012, 15:01    Post_subject:  

  1. Entered PPM from Menu>System
  2. clicked Update ...
  3. clicked Network
This is what is shown for SAMBA Its a very dated version.

Question
Is this what we are to see?

Check PM
PPM showing old SAMBA.png
 Description   PPM after update, shows an OLD version of SAMBA
 Filesize   87.6 KB
 Viewed   903 Time(s)

PPM showing old SAMBA.png


_________________
Get ACTIVE Create Circles; Do those good things which benefit people's needs!
We are all related ... Its time to show that we know this!
3 Different Puppy Search Engine or use DogPile
Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message 
elroy


Joined: 02 Feb 2012
Posts: 374

PostPosted: Tue 27 Mar 2012, 15:12    Post_subject:  

gcmartin wrote:
rcrsn51 wrote:
jemimah wrote:
Adrive and Zdrive are the only sfses that will be autoloaded if found. For other sfses, just click on them to load them.

So if I want a setup with OpenOffice and printer support, I have to load those sfs packages at EVERY bootup?
This is a very good question for understanding.

I run a LIve media (CD?DVD) system. I currently have 1 save-session on Saluki16. Each time I boot, after the initial boot, is the Adrive brought into play each time, or is it only used on the initial boot before the first save-session, then is unused there-after?

Thanks in advnace


The adrive and zdrive are loaded everytime that they are found with or without a save-file being present.

Any other SFS loaded-on-the-fly, so long as it is not unloaded before reboot/saving, is reloaded upon a reboot if a save-file was created/updated. If a save file isn’t created/updated, then yes, you would have to reload any other SFSs that you wish to use.
Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message 
scabz


Joined: 30 Apr 2009
Posts: 308
Location: Tallahassee FL US

PostPosted: Tue 27 Mar 2012, 16:38    Post_subject:  

I am having problems with ndiswrapper everything works fine until this point
Code:
ndiswrapper -i xxxxxxx.inf
depmod -a
modprobe ndiswrapper FATAL: Module ndiswrapper not found
Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message AIM YIM 
pemasu


Joined: 08 Jul 2009
Posts: 5463
Location: Finland

PostPosted: Tue 27 Mar 2012, 16:40    Post_subject:  

I suppose it is because ndiswrapper module is not compiled yet....
Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message 
scabz


Joined: 30 Apr 2009
Posts: 308
Location: Tallahassee FL US

PostPosted: Tue 27 Mar 2012, 17:14    Post_subject:  

trying to compile ndiswrapper this is what i get devx and kernel sources are loaded

Code:
# make uninstall
rm -f /usr/share/man/man8/ndiswrapper.8
rm -f /usr/share/man/man8/loadndisdriver.8
make -C driver uninstall
make[1]: Entering directory `/ndiswrapper-1.57/driver'
Makefile:23: *** Kernel tree not found - please set KBUILD to configured kernel.  Stop.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/ndiswrapper-1.57/driver'
make: *** [uninstall] Error 2
Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message AIM YIM 
Geoffrey


Joined: 30 May 2010
Posts: 1433
Location: Queensland Australia ɹǝpu∩uʍop

PostPosted: Tue 27 Mar 2012, 18:25    Post_subject:  

scabz wrote:
trying to compile ndiswrapper this is what i get devx and kernel sources are loaded

Code:
# make uninstall
rm -f /usr/share/man/man8/ndiswrapper.8
rm -f /usr/share/man/man8/loadndisdriver.8
make -C driver uninstall
make[1]: Entering directory `/ndiswrapper-1.57/driver'
Makefile:23: *** Kernel tree not found - please set KBUILD to configured kernel.  Stop.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/ndiswrapper-1.57/driver'
make: *** [uninstall] Error 2


Try this, it compiled for me ok.
ndiswrapper-1.57.pet
Description 
pet

 Download 
Filename  ndiswrapper-1.57.pet 
Filesize  103.18 KB 
Downloaded  104 Time(s) 
ndiswrapper_DOC-1.57.pet
Description 
pet

 Download 
Filename  ndiswrapper_DOC-1.57.pet 
Filesize  2.12 KB 
Downloaded  85 Time(s) 
Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message 
scabz


Joined: 30 Apr 2009
Posts: 308
Location: Tallahassee FL US

PostPosted: Tue 27 Mar 2012, 18:55    Post_subject:  

Geoffrey wrote:
scabz wrote:
trying to compile ndiswrapper this is what i get devx and kernel sources are loaded

Code:
# make uninstall
rm -f /usr/share/man/man8/ndiswrapper.8
rm -f /usr/share/man/man8/loadndisdriver.8
make -C driver uninstall
make[1]: Entering directory `/ndiswrapper-1.57/driver'
Makefile:23: *** Kernel tree not found - please set KBUILD to configured kernel.  Stop.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/ndiswrapper-1.57/driver'
make: *** [uninstall] Error 2


Try this, it compiled for me ok.


thanks a lot will try tomorrow.
Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message AIM YIM 
HiDeHo

Joined: 16 Mar 2011
Posts: 286

PostPosted: Tue 27 Mar 2012, 19:21    Post_subject:  

now i have a fairly good idea i am happy to begin testing fully.

all i need is a sfs-pet converter which i cant find in the ppm. converting sfs to pets. i see how to make sfs files.

enjoy your puppy building.

Saluki PUP rocks thanks to all the team for creating it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message 
HiDeHo

Joined: 16 Mar 2011
Posts: 286

PostPosted: Tue 27 Mar 2012, 19:22    Post_subject:  

deleted duplicate post again i dont know weather its just me or Madori causing this lately.
Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message 
Geoffrey


Joined: 30 May 2010
Posts: 1433
Location: Queensland Australia ɹǝpu∩uʍop

PostPosted: Tue 27 Mar 2012, 20:07    Post_subject:  

HiDeHo wrote:
now i have a fairly good idea i am happy to begin testing fully.

all i need is a sfs-pet converter which i cant find in the ppm. converting sfs to pets. i see how to make sfs files.

enjoy your puppy building.

Saluki PUP rocks thanks to all the team for creating it.


Use Thunar file manager rightclick menu on the sfs file, select "Extract to directory" then use "Convert to pet package".
Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message 
HiDeHo

Joined: 16 Mar 2011
Posts: 286

PostPosted: Wed 28 Mar 2012, 02:33    Post_subject:  

Custom Builder
Idea one thing that would be handy with the custom builder is to have it look for currently installed apps user settings, addons etc and ask if want to install them. this would be an easy way to customise apps for your puppy os.
All one would need to do is
  1. create a small save file
  2. install the apps needed
  3. create settings for them
  4. run custom builder
  5. builder would detect installed apps and ask to include user settings
  6. finish build
Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message 
Display_posts:   Sort by:   
Page 139 of 250 Posts_count   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, ..., 248, 249, 250 Next
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topic :: View_next_topic
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Projects
Jump to:  

Rules_post_cannot
Rules_reply_cannot
Rules_edit_cannot
Rules_delete_cannot
Rules_vote_cannot
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
[ Time: 0.1360s ][ Queries: 13 (0.0495s) ][ GZIP on ]