Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Mon 20 Oct 2014, 07:30
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Projects
Saluki
Moderators: Flash, JohnMurga
Page 135 of 250 [3742 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, ..., 248, 249, 250 Next
jemimah

PostPosted: Sun 25 Mar 2012, 16:43    Post subject:  

Saluki 016 has been released:

New in 016:
Various bugfixes, including dvd mounting, startmount ntfs drives, Thunar not refreshing file lists, and midori local html files.
jemimah

PostPosted: Sun 25 Mar 2012, 17:12    Post subject:  

if firstrun runs on every boot just delete /root/Startup/firstrun. Sorry about that - not sure how I missed it.
HiDeHo

PostPosted: Sun 25 Mar 2012, 17:50    Post subject:  

jemimah wrote:
You state here that you used the wbar from the wiki and below that you used the one from the ppm. Which is it?

If you want combo sfses, just extract them, combine them and recompress the resulting directory. Or use the sfs builder from the repo.

Anything loaded on the fly will be remembered for the next bootup. You can load as many sfses as you want and they will be remembered.

you are corect i did. i actually edited that out removing that statement as i actually tested the one from ppm which i thought was the same. i clearly remember editing it. but also glitches happen. sorry for any confusion.

to clarify i got the wbar from ppm
i am also looking into the cario-doc suggested and comparing them.
HiDeHo

PostPosted: Sun 25 Mar 2012, 17:59    Post subject:  

jemimah wrote:

New in 016:
Various bugfixes, including dvd mounting, startmount ntfs drives, Thunar not refreshing file lists, and midori local html files.
ok now how do i update to new Saluki. would i need to use all files or just replace the adrive and zdrive.files. is there an easy way to update from saluki-1.5 - saluki-1.6. I am just gauging how things are done in Saluki.

Some ideas I have
**Could you link to the new pup here.
**also most other apps and os on forum have a separate forum post for each new release. (good ones use the puppy wikka site as the main info and links to things including new forum posts). It makes it easy to find help on the version one might have. as this post is already 135 pages long. then again you do what you feel just providing feedback.
HiDeHo

PostPosted: Sun 25 Mar 2012, 18:28    Post subject:  

have some issues with cario doc i am not sure weather they where just on saluki or also in other puppies so i created a post click here
Marv

PostPosted: Sun 25 Mar 2012, 20:08    Post subject: 016 update  

Posting from 016. Smooth bonehead update 015-016. Just mount the iso, copy the 016 Adrive, Zdrive, initrd, vmlinuz, puppy_luki files to Home (USB drive in this case), hide Adrive in my case, delete 015 files (except save) and reboot. All settings preserved ) 016 live.

firstrun deleted from /root/startup per post.

Fix on backlight control works perfectly on Dell D610, Fujitsu S6120, and IBM T60 laptops. max_brightness reported correctly in all 3. THANKS.

So far so good. Video and resolution on all 3 laptops set correctly on first boot (two intel i915 and an ATI mobility radeon X1300).

More testing later.

jemimah

PostPosted: Sun 25 Mar 2012, 20:17    Post subject:  

HiDeHo wrote:
jemimah wrote:

New in 016:
ok now how do i update to new Saluki. would i need to use all files or just replace the adrive and zdrive.files. is there an easy way to update from saluki-1.5 - saluki-1.6. I am just gauging how things are done in Saluki.

Some ideas I have
**Could you link to the new pup here.
**also most other apps and os on forum have a separate forum post for each new release. (good ones use the puppy wikka site as the main info and links to things including new forum posts). It makes it easy to find help on the version one might have. as this post is already 135 pages long. then again you do what you feel just providing feedback.

Updating is the same as any other pup. All files should be updated. If you had a custom adrive, just delete the saluki adrive and rename the custom one in it's place.

Links to the latest version are always in the first post. I don't expect anyone to read this whole thread - just the first post and the last few pages. I might start a new thread for the final release.
jemimah

PostPosted: Sun 25 Mar 2012, 20:19    Post subject:  

HiDeHo wrote:
jemimah wrote:
You state here that you used the wbar from the wiki and below that you used the one from the ppm. Which is it?

If you want combo sfses, just extract them, combine them and recompress the resulting directory. Or use the sfs builder from the repo.

Anything loaded on the fly will be remembered for the next bootup. You can load as many sfses as you want and they will be remembered.

you are corect i did. i actually edited that out removing that statement as i actually tested the one from ppm which i thought was the same. i clearly remember editing it. but also glitches happen. sorry for any confusion.

to clarify i got the wbar from ppm
i am also looking into the cario-doc suggested and comparing them.

I coudn't reproduce the wbar issue on my (very fast) machine. You might be able to fix it by adding a longer delay before starting wbar.

I don't recommend cairo dock to be installed by default unless you want your puplet to only work on fast computers.
HiDeHo

PostPosted: Sun 25 Mar 2012, 20:50    Post subject:  

jemimah wrote:
I coudn't reproduce the wbar issue on my (very fast) machine. You might be able to fix it by adding a longer delay before starting wbar.

I don't recommend cairo dock to be installed by default unless you want your puplet to only work on fast computers.

ok i will .look into that and yes i noticed cario-doc was fance rendering. will stick with wbar instead
Geoffrey

PostPosted: Sun 25 Mar 2012, 21:02    Post subject:  

All seems nice, yes the first start popped up again, it also has a fault, country settings appears to be broken, see image.
countrysettings.png
 Description   
 Filesize   26.39 KB
 Viewed   707 Time(s)

countrysettings.png

jemimah

PostPosted: Sun 25 Mar 2012, 21:37    Post subject:  

Geoffrey wrote:
All seems nice, yes the first start popped up again, it also has a fault, country settings appears to be broken, see image.

We just need a font that covers more languages. Does anyone know of one that's easy on the eyes?

I uploaded "unifont" to the repo, but it's kind of painful to look at for long periods.

Edit: Ok it looks like just having unifont installed solves the problem - one doesn't actually need to select it for use. Great!
James C

PostPosted: Sun 25 Mar 2012, 22:48    Post subject:  

Manually upgraded my frugal install from 015 to 016. Other than having to reset the keyboard everything went smoothly.
Geoffrey

PostPosted: Mon 26 Mar 2012, 00:03    Post subject:  

jemimah wrote:
Geoffrey wrote:

We just need a font that covers more languages. Does anyone know of one that's easy on the eyes?

I uploaded "unifont" to the repo, but it's kind of painful to look at for long periods.

Edit: Ok it looks like just having unifont installed solves the problem - one doesn't actually need to select it for use. Great!

It's not the font that's the problem, but the fact that en English is listed three times and a number of the others are duplicated, worst of all there is no Australian entry Laughing

Installed GL drivers then tried Assaultcube on a new save, it loaded all dependencies, runs fine Cool
DaveS

PostPosted: Mon 26 Mar 2012, 01:34    Post subject:  

In general terms, FirstRun seems to be something of a nightmare compared to the old multi-page terminal set-up.
HiDeHo

PostPosted: Mon 26 Mar 2012, 02:56    Post subject:  

Geoffrey wrote:

just want to know how you post screenshots. the automatic code provided in the forum editor does not work at all.
Page 135 of 250 [3742 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, ..., 248, 249, 250 Next
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Projects
Jump to: