Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Sun 23 Feb 2020, 09:58
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Projects
Saluki
Moderators: Flash, JohnMurga
Page 131 of 252 [3778 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, ..., 250, 251, 252 Next
Dromeno

PostPosted: Thu 22 Mar 2012, 14:08    Post subject: TaskCoach
Subject description: another python pain in the pup

There is a new version of taskcoach. Sorry for repeating myself but... it is one of the best taks managers you can get BUT andother python pain in the pup. Deb doesn't work out of the box. So Jemimah... do you mind to help again?

(I really wish it were possible to make one kind of adjustment so that puppy could accept all python apps immediately)

http://www.taskcoach.org/download_for_linux.html
jtouso

PostPosted: Thu 22 Mar 2012, 14:17    Post subject: Jemimah "older" isos  

Jemimah,
No more Puppeee or Fluppy?
All is for Saluki?
Regards
shelezyaka

PostPosted: Thu 22 Mar 2012, 17:08    Post subject:  

Hello
In the assemblies Saluki 014 and 015 (013 skipped) are not mounted DVD drives and CD drives are installed correctly. In Pmount seen twice, and in the /mnt directory does not appear /mnt/sr0 as /mnt / CDROM it in big letters.
How do I fix it?
HiDeHo

PostPosted: Thu 22 Mar 2012, 17:38    Post subject:  

All I can say is Awesome, Great Job Speechless. I hope Saluki becomes one of the standard puppy distros alongside Slacko, Wary & Racy one day.
just wanting to know where i can get latest version of chromium or do i need devx to build it.

Custom Builder
    atm i am building my saluki os the way i have created other puplets. install apps I want> remove ones I dont>add desktop backgrounds etc etc.>run the puppy iso maker....(we all know the process). How does the Custom Builder Differ
    if i add apps before using the custum builder i would like to know if they are in the adrive.sfs or puppy save. does the builder allow adding pets/sfs directly ???.
    is there a tutorial on how to use the saluki custom builder.
Thanks again for such a great puppy os. it is what I have wanted to do, but not the skills.Now i can easily get on with building my puppy idea slowly and properly.
Geoffrey

PostPosted: Thu 22 Mar 2012, 17:57    Post subject:  

shelezyaka wrote:
Hello
In the assemblies Saluki 014 and 015 (013 skipped) are not mounted DVD drives and CD drives are installed correctly. In Pmount seen twice, and in the /mnt directory does not appear /mnt/sr0 as /mnt / CDROM it in big letters.
How do I fix it?

Yes I can confirm that inserting a DVD into drive gives two notification dialogs and appears twice in Pmount,
selecting /dev/sr0 in the panel icon doesn't mount the drive but starts xnoise, pmount does mount the drive ok,
no it doesn't appear as /mnt/sr0 but as /mnt/"the disk Label" , so "CDROM" should be correct.
jemimah

PostPosted: Thu 22 Mar 2012, 18:17    Post subject: Re: TaskCoach
Subject description: another python pain in the pup

Dromeno wrote:
There is a new version of taskcoach. Sorry for repeating myself but... it is one of the best taks managers you can get BUT andother python pain in the pup. Deb doesn't work out of the box. So Jemimah... do you mind to help again?

(I really wish it were possible to make one kind of adjustment so that puppy could accept all python apps immediately)

http://www.taskcoach.org/download_for_linux.html

I have uploaded it to the repo.
jemimah

PostPosted: Thu 22 Mar 2012, 18:18    Post subject: Re: Jemimah "older" isos  

jtouso wrote:
Jemimah,
No more Puppeee or Fluppy?
All is for Saluki?
Regards

Correct. There comes a point when starting over is the only way to make forward progress.
jemimah

PostPosted: Thu 22 Mar 2012, 18:18    Post subject:  

shelezyaka wrote:
Hello
How do I fix it?

Did you run the cd/dvd wizard in the control panel?
jemimah

PostPosted: Thu 22 Mar 2012, 18:23    Post subject:  

HiDeHo wrote:
All I can say is Awesome, Great Job Speechless. I hope Saluki becomes one of the standard puppy distros alongside Slacko, Wary & Racy one day.
just wanting to know where i can get latest version of chromium or do i need devx to build it.

Custom Builder
    atm i am building my saluki os the way i have created other puplets. install apps I want> remove ones I dont>add desktop backgrounds etc etc.>run the puppy iso maker....(we all know the process). How does the Custom Builder Differ
    if i add apps before using the custum builder i would like to know if they are in the adrive.sfs or puppy save. does the builder allow adding pets/sfs directly ???.
    is there a tutorial on how to use the saluki custom builder.
Thanks again for such a great puppy os. it is what I have wanted to do, but not the skills.Now i can easily get on with building my puppy idea slowly and properly.

Installed pets go into the pupsave.

The custom builder is not a remaster tool. You can build a totally different puppy than the one you are running.

Just collect the pets and sfses you want and feed them the the custom builder when it asks for them.

Boot saluki with the adrive and run the custom builder and you'll see how it works. It's a wizard - not too hard to figure out.

Chrome 12 is the latest that will work on saluki until Barry does another t2 build. I don't think you'll have any luck getting it to compile.
sneekylinux

PostPosted: Thu 22 Mar 2012, 18:44    Post subject: Saluki 014
Subject description: Video

Have just released a video on saluki 014 a few days ago, and yes i think this could be a good alternative to standered pup for peeps that dont want to tinker, just to run with a nice version of xfce...super
Pete22

PostPosted: Thu 22 Mar 2012, 20:22    Post subject: no sound on 15  

No sound on my dell latitude d610 nor my duel core ? desktop computer.

Tried all the suggestions in the alsa sound wisard on both machines. No go.
--

However, my brother got saluki up and working with sound
on all three computers he tried it on. A single core,
a dual core and a amd x64 machine.
Maybe I am doing it wrong?????
--

As for brightness: I tried marv's suggestion for darkness.
I put all three at 14203 but no go.
Hope this information might help you pinpoint the problem.

Thanks marv and Jemimah.

Looking forward to a beautiful puppy.

Pete
Marv

PostPosted: Thu 22 Mar 2012, 22:00    Post subject: Luki 015 on Dell D610  

Hi Pete22,

Puzzled here. I'm running 015 from a USB stick (syslinux) on a bog-standard D610 here. Save file is an update from 012..013..014 to 015. I just mount the new isos and copy the new system files onto the USB or ATA flash drive I'm working from, reboot and update. Use Grub4dos and syslinux kind of randomly. Intel 915 graphics. All I did was edit those 3 files in /etc/acpi using leafpad and do a reboot. Sorry it didn't help.

So long as I load the Adrive, I have sound without any action on my part at all. xnoise plays wavs etc. 015 barks on startup and G'bye on shutdown til I mute those in the control panel. Running without Adrive I have reasonable youtube on my opera 11.52 with the "9 pretends to be 10" flash pet from the common repo.

What kind of install do you have on the d610?

Pups currently in kennel Very Happy Older LxPupSc and X-slacko-4.4 for my users; LxPupSc, LxPupSc64 and upupee for me. All good pups indeed, and all running savefiles for look'n'feel only. Browsers, etc. solely from SFS.
shelezyaka

PostPosted: Fri 23 Mar 2012, 02:47    Post subject:  

Quote:

Yes.
Geoffrey

PostPosted: Fri 23 Mar 2012, 03:35    Post subject:  

shelezyaka wrote:
Quote:

Yes.

shelezyaka, it looks ok to me other than the Two entries in pmount, the CDROM must be the label, if you did not name it,
it is most likely the default name the burning software gave it, here a pic of mine, much the same as yours just a different name on the dvd.
dvd.jpg
 Description   
 Filesize   33.58 KB
 Viewed   519 Time(s)

dvd.jpg

tony

PostPosted: Fri 23 Mar 2012, 05:16    Post subject: Another bug on 15
Subject description: Xine

Hi,

Xine worked fine in Saluki 10 but not in fresh install of 15.

All dependencies present.

BUG REPORT.TXT says all available drives failed.

computer eeepc 1015 pem.

Regards Tony
Page 131 of 252 [3778 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, ..., 250, 251, 252 Next
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Projects
Jump to: