Saluki

A home for all kinds of Puppy related projects
jemimah

#1921 Post by jemimah »

HiDeHo wrote:ok so i downloaded and tested Saluki both 014 and 015 from a flash drive, they will not work. I can boot into the desktop ok, with the usual puppy first time boot welcome screen. that's it.I cannot use mouse, keyboard, mousepad, or do anything

I have managed to set up Saluki to run in vbox. it runs ok. i like the look and feel it has. have to run full install for best results.

hopefully you have some suggestions i can try to get it going. from usb
I figure one of the boot options for Saluki might do the trick. but running from usb does not show the puppy boot options like from cd.

I would really like to use Saluki for my build project click here but without a working usb install its no good to me.
Make sure the zdrive is found. This is what happens when you don't find it.

If you use grub4dos to install the bootloader on the usb drive you will get boot options.

jemimah

#1922 Post by jemimah »

smokey01 wrote:Is there a Citrix ICA client available for Saluki?
I uploaded it but I had trouble with some of the deps. It starts but I'm not sure it actually works.

tlcstat

upgrade flashdrive

#1923 Post by tlcstat »

delete
Last edited by tlcstat on Mon 26 Mar 2012, 17:25, edited 1 time in total.

jtouso

saluki and asus eeepc 901

#1924 Post by jtouso »

Jemimah
Excelent as fluppy and your first puppy, puppeee with my asus eeepc 901 in live mode.
Unetbootin in my 512 (only 512!!!!) sd chart.
Runs well, fast and easy.
All my "special" keys: Fn+F2 to F9, my silver keys (touchpad on/off, perfomance...works
but
how can I assign other functions to my silver-special keys? as bluetooh on/off or screen on/off (as eeepc-acpi-scripts I am using in my other debian iso)
Congratulations

OscarTalks

#1925 Post by OscarTalks »

How am I supposed to get a United Kingdom keyboard layout in 0.1.5 please?

If I set it to United Kingdom it is still not working right.

Best example is the key that is 2 to the right of the letter "L" in upper case for the UK should be the @ symbol and not the inverted commas like this "
Oscar in England

HiDeHo

#1926 Post by HiDeHo »

jemimah wrote:Make sure the zdrive is found. This is what happens when you don't find it.

If you use grub4dos to install the bootloader on the usb drive you will get boot options.
ok tested with zdrive.sfs and it works. it is a very basic puppy linux os without allot of stuff. Now i assume that using the adrive.sfs will include more applications etc

i wonder why without zdrive i could run saluki in vbox without much problems.

is there a list of the apps installed in adrive and stuff. I am building my own puppy and will prefer a bare bones base,

compared to other puppies what do adrive and zdrive do.

i am going to test a boot with adrive included to see how it differs and maybe i will have to create my own one. with changes i want to include. other than this i like saluki.

Pete22

Backlight keeps turning it self off in luki 15.

#1927 Post by Pete22 »

Give it about 1 minute and its too dark to type, like right now!!!
I keep having to use the keyboard keys to turn the lights back up.
Even on the Turbo setting.

I am using a dell latitude d610. :cry:

I will try it on my desktop and see if I get the same problem.

In 14 Rox would open and immediatly close.
In 15 It's not in the control panel and none of the files in pfind will start the program.

Love some of the new icon sets!!!

Pete

Pete

gcmartin

#1928 Post by gcmartin »

In the Opening Post, the OP wrote:The focus is user-friendliness, innovation, improved look and feel, and solid, functional applications. We attempt to address the most common complaints of new Puppy users and raise the bar for Puppy usability, customizability, and polish.

This is a Release Candidate. Please report any bugs you find.

The enhanced and improved Saluki Package Manager is well stocked with packages, tested and working. New packages added frequently. Want a package added, just ask. Package maintainers and contributors welcome!
Question
Is there a document for what is described available?

Thanks in advance

aarf

#1929 Post by aarf »

A community project with a user-friendly Xfce desktop
now that i have manually created desktop launchers for all the drives i need to go to, terminal, and opera it is approaching user-friendly but will never get there as its basic premise of double click which cannot be changed to single click, and so is not user-friendly at all.

stiil have the problem of needing to reconnect wifi because i have pizzas is gods random mac script in startup. it runs after wifi connects and this makes reconnection again necessary. need to know how to make random mac run before wifi connects initially.

gcmartin

#1930 Post by gcmartin »

Keyboard problems, too.

@Jeminah
I have not had keyboard problems with ANY distro that uses Shnobar's FirstRUN single-screen localization ("Personalize Settings").

Hope this helps and reduces issues that we run into at systems start.

HiDeHo

#1931 Post by HiDeHo »

hi is there a way i can add the cloud application click here from 528.004 into Saluki.

I have no idea how to get it out of 528 and into Saluki if it is at all possible.

jemimah

Re: saluki and asus eeepc 901

#1932 Post by jemimah »

jtouso wrote:Jemimah
Excelent as fluppy and your first puppy, puppeee with my asus eeepc 901 in live mode.
Unetbootin in my 512 (only 512!!!!) sd chart.
Runs well, fast and easy.
All my "special" keys: Fn+F2 to F9, my silver keys (touchpad on/off, perfomance...works
but
how can I assign other functions to my silver-special keys? as bluetooh on/off or screen on/off (as eeepc-acpi-scripts I am using in my other debian iso)
Congratulations
You should be able to program them with Sven in the Control Panel. The bluetooth toggle scripts are found in /etc/acpi, but I haven't tested them recently.

Marv

015 backlight issues with Dell D610

#1933 Post by Marv »

Pete22,

I don't have a cure, but I have a workaround for the D610 backlight problem.

In /etc/acpi you can edit the files performance-brightness, powersave-brightness, and turbo-brightness to put in the max or desired brightness values for the i915. 14203 is max brightness, 10200 works for my powersave.

The gui sets these values at a max of 15, hence the darkening. To see what the defaults are in /proc/acpi/........ and get the correct value for max_brightness, just use pfind and search for brightness.

I don't at this time know the cause of the mismatch. Hope this helps a bit.
Pups currently in kennel :D Older LxPupSc and X-slacko-4.4 for my users; LxPupSc, LxPupSc64 and upupEF for me. All good pups indeed, and all running savefiles for look'n'feel only. Browsers, etc. solely from SFS.

jemimah

#1934 Post by jemimah »

OscarTalks wrote:How am I supposed to get a United Kingdom keyboard layout in 0.1.5 please?

If I set it to United Kingdom it is still not working right.

Best example is the key that is 2 to the right of the letter "L" in upper case for the UK should be the @ symbol and not the inverted commas like this "
This version is an experiment to find out how well the XFCE keyboard layout setter works. Apparently not as well as I hoped.

Standby, I'll post a fix shortly.

jemimah

#1935 Post by jemimah »

HiDeHo wrote:
jemimah wrote:Make sure the zdrive is found. This is what happens when you don't find it.

ok tested with zdrive.sfs and it works. it is a very basic puppy linux os without allot of stuff. Now i assume that using the adrive.sfs will include more applications etc

i wonder why without zdrive i could run saluki in vbox without much problems.

is there a list of the apps installed in adrive and stuff. I am building my own puppy and will prefer a bare bones base,

compared to other puppies what do adrive and zdrive do.

i am going to test a boot with adrive included to see how it differs and maybe i will have to create my own one. with changes i want to include. other than this i like saluki.
The zdrive has all the drivers and the adrive has all the (noncritical) applications.

If you boot with the adrive then run the Saluki custom builder, you will get a list of adrive apps and you can deselect anything you don't need.

jemimah

#1936 Post by jemimah »

HiDeHo wrote:hi is there a way i can add the cloud application click here from 528.004 into Saluki.

I have no idea how to get it out of 528 and into Saluki if it is at all possible.
Is there a pet for it somewhere?

You can create desktop web app launchers easily.

Right Click on Desktop
Choose Create Launcher
For the command use midori -a <url>

This is assuming the browser is midori. I suspect other browsers have a similar way to do this.

jemimah

Re: Backlight keeps turning it self off in luki 15.

#1937 Post by jemimah »

Pete22 wrote:Give it about 1 minute and its too dark to type, like right now!!!
I keep having to use the keyboard keys to turn the lights back up.
Even on the Turbo setting.

I am using a dell latitude d610. :cry:

I will try it on my desktop and see if I get the same problem.

In 14 Rox would open and immediatly close.
In 15 It's not in the control panel and none of the files in pfind will start the program.

Love some of the new icon sets!!!

Pete

Pete
Heh, one bug fix spawns another bug. I will fix the backlight thing for the next release and also have a look at pfind.

jemimah

#1938 Post by jemimah »

gcmartin wrote:Keyboard problems, too.

@Jeminah
I have not had keyboard problems with ANY distro that uses Shnobar's FirstRUN single-screen localization ("Personalize Settings").

Hope this helps and reduces issues that we run into at systems start.
Shinobar's version had minor but annoying issues with Xorg. It will need some TLC before it's ready.

BHINTZ

#1939 Post by BHINTZ »

i had the same problem with very dark screen that could not be brightened. Dell Latitude 630. I reverted to Luki14, which has worked like a charm on this machine.

bob

sszindian

Cloud .pet

#1940 Post by sszindian »

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HiDeHo wrote:
hi is there a way i can add the cloud application click here from 528.004 into Saluki.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just Go Here & Download: It works very nice in Saluki...

Cloud Computing For Every Puppy (a .pet)

http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=69192

>>>---Indian------>
Cloud Computing For Every Puppy (a .pet)
[url]http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=69192[/url]