Polarpup-005 with Qt4-4.8.0 and Gstreamer libs inbuild

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
pemasu

#461 Post by pemasu »

Do you have /usr/lib/dri stuff installed ? If I remember right it is called libgl1-mesa-dri in debian. Lucid Puppy and dpup exprimo has packaged it as xorg_high. If not....Install the opengl dri package with some of above names and run xorgwizard of your driver and restart X.

darkcity

#462 Post by darkcity »

8)

Hi pemasu,

Check Qtractor compile and it recognises Qt with the redefinition PET - thanks.

---

On a different note-

Polarpup has the F11 fullscreen bug with firefox - you can't exit fullscreen.

this can be cleared up with-
http://distro.ibiblio.org/quirky/pet_pa ... 05-w5c.pet
more info
http://bkhome.org/blog/?viewDetailed=02507

---

finally, made page for Polar pup on Wiki-
http://puppylinux.org/wikka/PolarPup

pemasu

#463 Post by pemasu »

Oh yes...jwm bug can be fixed with that or update to the newer jwm-574.

http://distro.ibiblio.org/quirky/pet_pa ... 74-w5c.pet

Good to hear that you got it working. I know the feeling when you have worked hard for a goal and you manage in your aim.

And nice wiki page also. Thank you of that.

darkcity

#464 Post by darkcity »

the goal isn't quite a archived (ie. qtractor full-functional and packaged as a PET)

but you've help me take a big step ; -)

marco07

#465 Post by marco07 »

Hi pemasu:
I recently had to reinstall polarpop 005. Everything went ok. Except, now when I close the laptop lid, suspend does not function. It functions well from shutdown menu though. It used to work on my previous install. I did reformat the same partition where I had it installed before. It was a frugal and still is a frugal install on my Thinkpad R60.
Could you advise please?

pemasu

#466 Post by pemasu »

Could you post the /etc/acpi/sleep.sh script content.

marco07

#467 Post by marco07 »

pemasu wrote:Could you post the /etc/acpi/sleep.sh script content.
Here it is :
#!/bin/bash

[ -e /tmp/suspend ] && exit
touch /tmp/suspend

sleep .2

PID=`ps -e |grep "sleep.sh$" |sort -n|head -n 1|cut -f1 -d\ `
[ $$ != $PID ] && exit

which acpitool
if [[ $? != 0 ]] ;then
notify-send "You Need to Install Acpitool to Enable Suspend" -u critical -i dialog-error
else
notify-send "Suspending to RAM" -i xscreensaver
/usr/local/Frisbee/disconnect
rfkill unblock all
acpitool -s
sleep 2
acpitool -a |grep on-line
if [[ $? == 0 ]] ; then
/etc/acpi/performance.sh
else
/etc/acpi/powersave.sh
fi

sleep 2
/usr/local/Frisbee/connect

fi

rm /tmp/suspend

pemasu

#468 Post by pemasu »

I believe it is that notify-send which gives hiccup. So try this version which is without it. Just replace the code with the code below and try....

Code: Select all

#!/bin/bash

[ -e /tmp/suspend ] && exit
touch /tmp/suspend

sleep .2

# do not suspend at shutdown proccess
PS=$(ps)
echo "$PS"| grep -q "sh[ ].*poweroff" && exit

PID=`ps -e |grep "sleep.sh$" |sort -n|head -n 1|cut -f1 -d\ ` 
[ $$ != $PID ] && exit

/usr/local/Frisbee/disconnect
        rfkill unblock all
        acpitool -s
        sleep 2
        acpitool -a |grep on-line
        if [[ $? == 0 ]] ; then
                /etc/acpi/performance.sh
        else
                /etc/acpi/powersave.sh
        fi
    sleep 2        
        /usr/local/Frisbee/connect

rm /tmp/suspend

pemasu

#469 Post by pemasu »

And here is my previously created fixed package. I suppose it is still valid. This pet replaces those /etc/acpi files which needs to be replaced.
Attachments
etc-acpi-scripts-fix-0.0.1.pet
(1.44 KiB) Downloaded 689 times

marco07

#470 Post by marco07 »

Pemasu:
Thanks! It now works OK. However, on resume, although Frisbee connection establishes, the Frisbee icon on the system try remains as non-connected. That is two monitors icon instead of a circle. This will switch to a circle by just clicking on the Frisbee icon, and exiting the ensuing Frisbee dialogue box.

pemasu

#471 Post by pemasu »

I will boot tomorrow Polarpup and check the proper syntax.

hoven

#472 Post by hoven »

Are there nouveau or nvidia drivers that can be installed for Polarpup or is this kernel version not supported?

marco07

#473 Post by marco07 »

pemasu wrote:I will boot tomorrow Polarpup and check the proper syntax.
Pemasu:
The audio in Libre Office Impress does not work despite all gstreamer dependencies avaiable. This used to function perfect in my prior installation. This should be checked as well.
Thanks!

pemasu

#474 Post by pemasu »

I did have fairly bad cascade of hazards. I did move my laptop linux hdd content to my development 1 Tb usb hdd so that I had partition for full install experiments. It was meant to be temporary solution for couple of days. I did find a solution to dpup full install frozen usb mouse and I used the full install to create the next fixed dpup exprimo. During that woof process...in the middle of devx sfs creation by woof script the usb hdd decided to die. The reading head broke and I got only click...click...click from it. No way to get it recognized as usb hdd anymore.....I didnt lose everything but I did lose all my Polarpup work...the woof used for it.
I have now spent 3 days....evenings...nights to get my dpup woof stuff back in condition. I am now almost there. Probably I will need to replace package here and there...but I have now ready platform for it. I did lose my kernel-kit but I have built it back for my kernel needs. I didnt lose my qt4 stuff, they were safe in other location.

But my work to create next Polarpup is gone and also all my previous builds. Due to that temporary moving of my linux partition content to that usb hdd. There is no way back. I just dont have time to start again with Polarpup. I do have working qt4 environment with dpup and I am going to use it and compile slowly more apps for it. Latest was Stellarium.

I might-could create an updated remastered Polarpup with some fixes though but that wouldnt be new build with new woof. More or less quick update by updating Firefox....some othe stuff. But...not sure yet. I will be quit busy once again with my other activities.

I can check the gstreamer - Libreoffice sound problem....but I would need sample file to play with. I cant debug the problem without having test material.

marco07

#475 Post by marco07 »

Pemasu:
Sorry for what has happened! It is unfortunate because as I had indicated before in this thread Polar005 was a gem for me and my Thinkpad R60 laptop. It was functioning perfect before I accidentally messed up with it and had to reinstall it when all these new glitches started. I feel sorry about it and will miss it.
I have attached a nice pps slide show with a nice audio for you to enjoy and test the Libre Office Impress if you get to that point.
Thanks!
Edited:
I had problem with uploading of attachment. Several times I went through the process of attaching the file and submitting it. Every time I got the error message "Tried to upload an empty file" I was not able to resolve this issue. Tell me how to attach it and I will gladly do it.

pemasu

#476 Post by pemasu »

There is 2 Mb limit in attachments. The error message sounds like too big file. Can you compress it more. tar.gz should be accepted here.

marco07

#477 Post by marco07 »

OK.
The file I wanted originally sent was about 2.9 MB. After compression by zip and tar.zip it turned to be 2.7. So, I found another file which is much smaller (1.3 MB)and has music embedded in it. Enjoy!

pemasu

#478 Post by pemasu »

I did download pristine Polarpup-005 and installed it as frugal install, booted it and then I did sfs_load LibreOffice-3.5.0. And your uploaded .pps played music on the background when I clicked ahead of those nice stick building pics.

So...something is wrong with your setup..

marco07

#479 Post by marco07 »

Where is this pristine Polarpup005 located at? I am willing to redownload and retry it again.
I s it the one posted on page 1?

pemasu

#480 Post by pemasu »

Yes. I did download that one and then I sfs_loaded LibreOffice and then tested your .pps and it worked oob.
I didnt install any gstreamer packages because I should have fairly extensive set of them preinstalled.