How I got vpnc (remote access) working in 2.16.1

How to do things, solutions, recipes, tutorials
mtamura

How I got vpnc (remote access) working in 2.16.1

#1 Post by mtamura »

Hi everyone,

I'm new to Puppy Linux but I wanted to share the following packages which enabled me to get vpnc up and running (I use vpnc with vncviewer to access my work machine from home).

There are three packages that need to be installed. The libraries are installed to /usr/local/lib and the executable to /usr/local/sbin. If you don't change your paths then you need to launch the executable like this:

% LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib /usr/local/sbin/vpnc

These files were compiled and tested with 2.16.1. Of course your mileage may vary :) The vpnc installation will complain about missing libraries but don't worry about that.

My current setup is 2.16.1 + TrueCrypt + vpnc + vim

Mark
Attachments
vpnc-0.4.0-i486.pet
(51.4 KiB) Downloaded 1374 times
libgpg-error-1.4-i486.pet
(44.69 KiB) Downloaded 1290 times

kaeves

Thank you for packaging this

#2 Post by kaeves »

Thank you for putting this together. It works great for me in Puppy 4.

Here is a link to help other people get this configured easily for the final steps in setting up the profile:
http://www.spiration.co.uk/post/1293

3wsparky

vpnc error

#3 Post by 3wsparky »

I have followed your example but have the following issue

bash: fg: %: no such job

what does this mean ?

tempestuous

#4 Post by tempestuous »

vpnc dotpet package now available for Puppy 5.1/5.2 here
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=63121

joycesavio

Not working with Racy pup

#5 Post by joycesavio »

Hi,

I've installed the pet as well as the openssl pet available with racy pup and I'm getting stuck with the error below

# vpnc
vpnc: /usr/lib/libcrypto.so.0.9.8: no version information available (required by vpnc)
Enter password for xxxxx@yyyy.zzzz.com:
vpnc: relocation error: vpnc: symbol gcry_cipher_setkey, version GCRYPT_1.2 not defined in file libgcrypt.so.11 with link time reference
#

Thanks
Savio

gcmartin

This is a good command-line tool fo access to a VPN server

#6 Post by gcmartin »

I am not taking issue with this thread. This is a very clearly written.

But, would someone share if the RDP Pet in Puppy doesn't already do this (and with no setup need)?

Just curious

Edited 2011-03-08
I thought there was a RDP client included with all PUPs. I think I may be wron on this. Maybe I had use a PET somewhere in my past??? Now, I cannot find it in a single 32bit PUP.

Edited 2011-03-09
Found it. I did find the old copy but it is for 64bit and it is NOT fully features versus what you get from Microsoft's RDP. The Linux facility name is RDesktop. Now you must be careful to choose the version that is fully feature for LInux, Full Featured Open-source version found here.

Maybe some member would help by publishing a Puppy PET to help all in the community.

If anyone in the community can create a Puppy version, Thanks in advance.