Puppy Night Kde 4.6.3 (english/spanish)

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
dealora

Puppy Night Kde 4.6.3 (english/spanish)

#1 Post by dealora »

This website is published this wonderful version of puppy linux with KDE 4.6.3 and numerous programs to add (Based of Puppy 5.2.8 )

http://www.puppylinuxjosejp2424.com/

Programs that can be added:
kdegames : los juegos de kde
kdenlive : video editor info
kdemultimedia 4.6.3 . : info
Keepassx 0.4.3- : gestor de contraseñas
musescore : es un programa libre de notación musical que ofrece una alternativa eficaz a programas profesionales como Sibelius o Finale.
firefox 10 y flashplayer 11 .: navegador y flash
google chrome : navegador
python 2.6.5 kde : algun programa que use python usen este los otros causan errores.
gimp 2.6.8 : editor de imágenes
pidgin full : cliente mensajería.
libreoffice 3.4.5 : suite ofimática libre y gratuita, compatible con Windows y Mac
amsn : clon msn
wine : Ejecuta programas de Windows directamente en Linux
skype : puedes enviar mensajes instantáneos, hacer videollamadas y llamadas gratuitas
java :
vlc : mejor reproductor gratuito de vídeo
Last edited by dealora on Wed 29 Feb 2012, 14:14, edited 1 time in total.

darkcity

#2 Post by darkcity »

looks cool, how big is iso? :arrow:

Eyes-Only

#3 Post by Eyes-Only »

Hi darkcity... at the very bottom of his page it says the download is 395megs for the complete .iso file - LucidPup-528 with KDE4 combined.

If you check Battleshooter's KDE4 thread in "Additional Software" ( it's a separate thread - not under "desktops" as one might expect ) you'll see where Puppian Josejp has worked/asked many questions of Battleshooter before getting this puplet together. :)

Should he be reading: Great job Jose!! :D I wish you great success with your puplet.

Adios/Amicalement,

Eyes-Only
"L'Peau-Rouge d'Acadie"
*~*~*~*~*~*
Proud user of LXpup and 3-Headed Dog. 8)
*~*~*~*~*~*

darkcity

#4 Post by darkcity »

Thanks Eyes Only, I missed that :arrow:

oui

#5 Post by oui »

I did discover it with real enthusiasm!

a great Puppy remastering

absolutely fast in use

the stuff I did add did work perfectly:

frisbee, gtklp, merkaartor, midori, qemu, zim, libflashplayer.so

but I can't test more as it is not possible to restart with the save file (and test the use of other software being on *.sfs as LibreOffice, Skype etc.): it don't recognize the produced lupusave.2fs file.

and I miss 2 details:

- no indication of rest memory in the bar of KDE
- no connection of mtpaint screen snap shot with the PrtScr Key of the usual Windows-PC-keyboard

(the mTpaint version loaded is old)

a critic as the iso is very heavy, I would prefer to have only a player: both are installed Xine and Mplayer. It seems that Xine works better...

thank you very much Josep for this real great work!

next steps?

koffice? kopete & skype?

more dictionaries for konqueror (alt. koffice, if koffice would be proposed)?

dealora

#6 Post by dealora »

consumption when you start 95 mb RAM

browsing with firefox 10 and downloading is 225 RAM

oui

#7 Post by oui »

I did discover Puppy Night Kde 4.6.3 (english/spanish) thank this discussion at the Puppy forum and I find it great.

As the save file don't work, I am using now a different method to work with it as my prefered daily use Puppy version: I did remaster it and

- save my more important spaces (Seamonkey, Instantbird as instant messenger client, Skype, Wine) outside of the lupu_528.sfs directly in the partition (I only have 2 partitions on my PC: sda1 swap, sda2 ext2 on the hard disks with max. 80 Gbyte or ext3 on the hard disks with 160 or 500 Gbyte because of long partition check if the system crashes!)

- link (# ln -s /initrd/mnt/dev_ro2/... destination)

/initrd/mnt/dev_ro2/... as /mnt/home
/initrd/mnt/dev_ro2/f/0my as /root/my-applications (f is for «f)iles»)
(I did create in it all the same subdir's beeing originaly in /root/my-applications)
/initrd/mnt/dev_ro2/f/0my as /root/my-documents
(I did create in it all the same subdir's beeing originaly in /root/my-documents)
/initrd/mnt/dev_ro2/spot as /root/spot

so I don't need some save file at all ;-) ...

and I can use this construct in all Puppy's I am testing or really daily use (my actual daily use puppy before I did discover you Puppy Night KDE4 was Quirky 1.2 with KDE4 as external *.sfs!)

but I have some little problems

in /initrd/mnt/dev_ro2 are all my frugal installations

as well as a group of «s» subdirectories:

seamonkey
stantbird

and

wine.

as /initrd/mnt/dev_ro2/seamonkey, /initrd/mnt/dev_ro2/skype, /initrd/mnt/dev_ro2/spot, /initrd/mnt/dev_ro2/stantbird, /initrd/mnt/dev_ro2/wine

The «s» subdirectories are the subdir's that I have to save from time to time to have a really save system! And as they are all to find under the later S at the same place, is the risk to forget one very little.

In /initrd/mnt/dev_ro2/seamonkey/seamonkey are the installations files of seamonkey (allways the actual or last actual beta version) and in /initrd/mnt/dev_ro2/stantbird/instantbird are the installations files of instantbird. in /usr/bin, /usr/lib, /root, /root/.mozilla are adequate links to those external areas.

wine can be as fat as needed without dommage: it is external. I can also from time to time save it or not depending of the use! Idem /mnt/home/f/0my.

in /mnt/home/f are collections of files (mp3 etc.) especially on the big hard disk with 500 Gbyte capacity!

This way of installation is clear, easy and able to be use with almost all Puppy versions and make the use of the same subdir's in more as one Puppy version possible!

I did remaster this puplet with all goodies I want to have ready to use daily, they are a lot:

ciao prolog,
clex,
dd rescue,
didiwiki (as zim starts but only once time :cry: ),
frisbee,
gtklp,
instantbird,
libflashplayer.so,
links2.3 with ssl (can handle https://duckduckgo.com as well as the https version of my free email box online client and this is important to reduce the access times! no advertisement any more at all :wink: ! What a comfort!),
merkaartor,
midori 2.2-9 static,
mtools,
mtpaint 3.4 (as the built in version is to old),
qemu 0.91 launchscript,
seamonkey actual beta version,
sfs load 1.3.9,
skype static 2.1.0.81,
testdisk 6.11.3,
wine 1.1.44,
wordgrinder (I love CLI applications as this one, or clex, links, etc.),
yap prolog,
you2pup 2.1.4,
(and zim but it works not any more and is erased now)

the lupu_528.sfs with this stuff is now really heavy, just under 570 MiB (where divers stuff is not really in the lupu_528.sfs but directly in the partition: Seamonkey beta with seamonkey data, Instantbird with Instantbird data, Skype data, and .wine subdirectory being usually in /root; in the lupu_528.sfs I have only links to them).

but all seems to work properly and relatively fast. but sfs_load seems to need to be used with precaution (it starts LibreOffice and java and is operable with it) as well as qemu with the iso for puppy 4.31 Xtreme... I will in the next days test the intensive use of Windows 95 under qemu (I need it daily...).

Note: I did not find some way to make a save file operable but it is not important for me: as the data of seamonkey, instantbird, skype and the wine user files are on the partition as well as all the stuff for windows 95, I don't need some save file at all!

my problem is

that I find about all this stuff under «Applications > lost and found». only midori did find the right way to the KDE tab «Internet» (and Instantbird, that I am starting with the overwrited link from ayttm as ayttm himself will not work properly). what is to do to add tabs and applications in those tabs?

darkcity

#9 Post by darkcity »

the-jub

#10 Post by the-jub »

http://www.puppylinuxjosejp2424.com/201 ... ramas.html

The download is right above the comments about half way down the page!

O what the heck just have a direct download link! XD

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/36940871/puppy% ... TKDEB1.iso

darkcity

#11 Post by darkcity »

nice one ; -)

Diamond

#12 Post by Diamond »

Hello to all puppy lovers!
Thank you for this great community and thanks to maker of this great distro.
I have problem,why is keyboard layout grayed out ? I want to add some languages,but I cant.
Thank you

PS Any solution for save file that is not working ? Thank you