How to Customize xonclock's clock-face

How to do things, solutions, recipes, tutorials
mikeslr

How to Customize xonclock's clock-face

#1 Post by mikeslr »

Recently there as been a renewed interest in xonclock, an analog clock for your desktop. One of the nice things about it is that you can customize the clock-face to match your color scheme and your wallpaper’s aesthetic. While customization isn’t difficult, it is not obvious, nor currently does there appear to be a guide. So, in addition to including two clock-faces you can use, I hope the following may help.
In both pemasu’s Exprimo, or by installing the currently available pet, xonclock’s clock-faces can be found in /usr/share/xonclock/skins. My systems use rox as their file manager. So if yours doesn’t, you’ll have to translate the following to instructions used by yours. I also used GIMP, so if you’re using a different graphics editor, you’ll have to find comparable steps.
If you open your filemanager to /usr/share/xonclock/skins, you’ll find that folder contains several skins and one symlink. The later is named “xonclock.png
Attachments
Gold2.png
Clock-Face with black numbers
(85.97 KiB) Downloaded 1641 times
Blue1.png
Clock-Face with white numbers
(23.2 KiB) Downloaded 1627 times

wjaguar

Re: How to Customize xonclock's clock-face

#2 Post by wjaguar »

mikeslr wrote:I found that sometimes an image simply downloaded crashed both GIMP and mtPaint.
If there exists any image which crashes mtPaint (as opposed to simply failing to load), I am VERY interested in getting that image.
Vague forum posts do not get bugs fixed; test examples do.

-= With best regards, Dmitry Groshev, maintainer of mtPaint =-

mikeslr

Correction: Regarding mtPaint/Gimp problem

#3 Post by mikeslr »

wjaguar questioned my above assertion that images I downloaded "crashed" mtpaint rather than "failed to load."
My recollection was that I had opened the directory into which I had downloaded the image, right-clicked it and selected open in mtPaint. mtPaint did not open. I then opened mtPaint and browsed to the image and tried to open it which "closed" mtPaint. Dragging and dropping the image into GIMP, I think, produced the same result. My suspicion was not that there was anything wrong with either application but rather that somehow the images contained something which prevented them from being successfully copied, although I could find nothing which indicated that they had by copyrighted.
Following wjaguar's post, I attempted to duplicated the problem I encountered. Having deleted the images I had difficulty with I searched the web for them again and downloaded those I thought might be the ones. All could be opened in mtPaint. But I was running Three-Headed Dog and it occurred to me that I might have been running the Slacko which used the 3.1.10 Kernel. So I booted into Slacko and searched again. In Slacko, I was able to duplicate the problem with some, but not all, images in jpg format. I have emailed wjaguar attaching copies of the problem images for his analysis.

Last correction: Both mtPaintsnapshot.sh and PupSnap can save snapshots in png format. I don't know what I was thinking. I actually use mtPaint more often as it's easier.

mikesLr

CatDude

231 clock skins

#4 Post by CatDude »

Hello mikeslr

Here are a few more clock-faces for you: 231-clock-skins.tar.gz (8.3 MB :roll: )
they were half inched out of MU's package: gdesklets-0.36-i586-2gsb-MU-200clocks.tgz

CatDude
[img]http://www.smokey01.com/CatDude/.temp/sigs/acer-futile.gif[/img]

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#5 Post by Flash »

mikeslr wrote:... or by installing the currently available pet, ...
Where is this pet?

aragon

#6 Post by aragon »

Flash wrote:
Where is this pet?
There is this one for example:
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=33608

Aragon

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#7 Post by Flash »

Thank you. :)

recobayu

#8 Post by recobayu »

aragon wrote:
Flash wrote:
Where is this pet?
There is this one for example:
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=33608

Aragon
Hi everyone and Aragon,
I need some help about xonclock. I very happy with this widget. after I install xonclock on my lucid puppy 528, i have a little error message like this:
One or more XML syntax errors were found while parsing the openbox configuration files. See stdout for more information. The last error seen was in file "/root/.config/xmlParseEntityRef: no name
what should I do with this?
thanks for your help.
myblog: [url]http://muktyas.blogspot.com[/url]