For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
oldyeller

BiblePup is being removed. has a new name=MannaPup

#1 Post by oldyeller »

Hello everyone,

You can go here for more infomation on MannaPup

http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=79385

BiblePup no langer available

I have just got done doing a remaster of lupu 528 called BiblePup. It has theWord and BibleAnalyzer programs pre-installed by permission from the creators of these.

It also has tint2.pwgets 2.3.8 and wbar. It also has links to their sites in the Internet menu along with a link for BiblePup 5.0. It also has a menu entry called bible studies-this will take you to /root/my-documents/Studies. the studies that you download will go to this folder or create it in any other puppy.

Thanks Oldyeller
Last edited by oldyeller on Sat 30 Jun 2012, 15:41, edited 8 times in total.

Jim1911

BiblePup 5.0

#2 Post by Jim1911 »

Hi Oldyeller,

Thank you for this fine remaster of Puppy Lucid 5.2.8 that provides a good basic Bible Study system. See here for a brief review that I posted on my thread.

May our Lord bless your efforts to spread His Word,
Jim
Attachments
image-1.jpg
BiblePup desktop with Bibletime added
(55.78 KiB) Downloaded 1054 times

oldyeller

biblePup 5.0

#3 Post by oldyeller »

Thanks Jim,

I am not sure just what I will do for BiblePup 522 that I will be doing in the next few months. This is not going to be remaster it will be its own build using pet packages.

Jim1911

Re: biblePup 5.0

#4 Post by Jim1911 »

oldyeller wrote:Thanks Jim,

I am not sure just what I will do for BiblePup 522 that I will be doing in the next few months. This is not going to be remaster it will be its own build using pet packages.
It's definitely your call, however, consider the many problems that need to be resolved during testing. A new distribution will require hugh amounts of time to assure that it works properly on a wide variety of hardware. IMO your time could be better utilized by doing a remaster of the latest Lucid, Slacko, or Dpup Exprimo. That approach will allow you to maintain primary focus on what you want to do with the included Bible resources and your associated web site. Either way, I'm looking forward to seeing your next version and will be delighted to help test it.

Cheers,
Jim

bones01

Re: BiblePup 5.0 - remaster of Lupu 528

#5 Post by bones01 »

oldyeller wrote:Hello everyone,

I have just got done doing a remaster of lupu 528 called BiblePup. It has theWord and BibleAnalyzer programs pre-installed by permission from the creators of these.

Thanks Oldyeller
Looks good, and looking forward to trying it sometime. Do you have the MD5 Sum? I tried downloading, but something went wrong - it stopped at 136mb.

Cheers.

Bones
Dell Latitude D630 running Puppy 5.2.8 frugal, Macpup 525 frugal (if I can get it working again. Sadly, I couldn't get it fixed :? )
Precise Puppy 5.4 live DVD
Precise 5.7.3 on USB

oldyeller

BiblePup

#6 Post by oldyeller »

Hi bones01,

I don't have one how do I get one.

I have just downloaded it and burned it. I am using it right now. maybe it was your connection.

Let me know if you can about how to get aMD5 Sum?

Thanks.

bones01

#7 Post by bones01 »

I've downloaded another copy, and this one seems to be the right size, so I'll give it a go.

To get the MD5, you can right click the .iso file and under 'file > biblepup_5.0.iso' go to 'md5sum check' and click 'Hash'

This is what I ended up with

306bfa65f153292ae9478ac74f468655

Bones
Dell Latitude D630 running Puppy 5.2.8 frugal, Macpup 525 frugal (if I can get it working again. Sadly, I couldn't get it fixed :? )
Precise 5.7.3 on USB

bones01

#8 Post by bones01 »

Thanks for putting this together oldyeller. It's handy already having the two bible programs already installed. I'll have some more fun with it and may end up making it a permanent fixture on the laptop.

Bones
Precise 5.7.3 on USB

oldyeller

BiblePup

#9 Post by oldyeller »

Thanks for the information on the MD5 Sum. will do.

Your welcome and hope that you will enjoy.

cheers

oldyeller

majorfoo

#10 Post by majorfoo »

D/L iso, burned to cd and booted to desktop.

Sound is ok
Did not auto connect to internet. Had to setup manually.
All items checked work just fine.

One very minor thing I noticed. The icons for Abiword and Gnumeric that you are using are actually icons associated with Open Office or LibreOffice.

Icon spread48.png and word48.png found in /usr/local/lib/X11/pixmaps would possibly work better. Just a thought.

Good job on you product.

majorfoo

oldyeller

Post subjct

#11 Post by oldyeller »

Hello majorfoo,

Thanks for the input will keep that in mind when doing the next one thanks

oldyeller

oldyeller

#12 Post by oldyeller »

Hello, everyone,

I have just got done creating fluxbox-1.3.2-i486.pet and have plans to put this in the next BiblePup as the only window mgr.

So if you want to download it and help me text to make it all works that would be great.

This only for lucid puppies. I don't it would work for any other ones.

fluxbox-1.3.2-i486.pet

oldyeller

#13 Post by oldyeller »

Hi everyone

I have redone the fluxbox 1.3.2-i486.pet now it should shutdown and have icons for it as well.

I had just removed this. It is not working. so if some one else wants to give a go at it that would be cool.

thanks
oldyeller

pudgypup

#14 Post by pudgypup »

Burned it yesterday, starting to play with it a little bit today. I like having the Word already loaded. When I first clicked it, it wanted me to define setup (normal), but then it wouldn't accept any clicks, rebooted and now works fine. Haven't tried to add modules yet, I'll let you know how that goes.
When booting up, error message popped saying the background files could not be found, don't exist, but found them in Nathan, so far so good. When I mouse-over the wbar, it doesn't tell me what each is, but most I recognize.
Overall, this looks to me like a good start and I'm glad you put it together!

oldyeller

#15 Post by oldyeller »

Hello pudgypup

Hopefully this all will be taken care of when 5.2 comes out there will be a over haul of biblepup.

I have downloaded it, burned it and have tried it once before for a different issue will do again and see if it will repent what happened to you.

Thanks.

Jim1911

#16 Post by Jim1911 »

pudgypup wrote:Burned it yesterday, starting to play with it a little bit today. I like having the Word already loaded. When I first clicked it, it wanted me to define setup (normal), but then it wouldn't accept any clicks, rebooted and now works fine. Haven't tried to add modules yet, I'll let you know how that goes.
When booting up, error message popped saying the background files could not be found, don't exist, but found them in Nathan, so far so good. When I mouse-over the wbar, it doesn't tell me what each is, but most I recognize.
Overall, this looks to me like a good start and I'm glad you put it together!
Goto WBAR setup in menu and select the font that you prefer. Apparently the font selected is not present.

oldyeller

#17 Post by oldyeller »

Hi Jim1911

I notice that for me to the other day, it was not until I did some editing that the font was there will try and make that this is fixed on 5.2.

pudgypup

I have been trying to download bpup but it stops every time will need to check with host and see what is going on. but I will check and see about the issues the first chance that I get.

Thanks to the both of you. God bless

l2ulinux

download problem

#18 Post by l2ulinux »

I had problems downloading bpup. The first only downloaded 36 mb, second time 176 mb and on the last time all of it.

Will burn later and give you a report on how it all works out.

oldyeller

#19 Post by oldyeller »

Hello

l2ulinux

My hosting service is checking on this for me. I tried like ten or twelve times myself before it would download the whole thing earlier today.

Hi pudgypup

Downloaded the iso and it worked just fine the backgrounds showed up. Could not get it to do for me what happened too you. Maybe a clinch on the first boot.

Let me know if it continues or not

Thanks to both of you

infromthepound

#20 Post by infromthepound »

I had several attempts to download it too (On 21 Feb). before I succeeded.
Got it installed on a USB stick now, and am going to pass the CD on to several friends.
JB