Puppy option for itunes

Requests go here. If you fill a request, give it a new thread in the appropriate category and then link to it in the request thread.
rmcellig

Puppy option for itunes

#1 Post by rmcellig »

Use iTunes to edit the metadata for the album name and artist
Make sure that one of the columns you have showing in your iTunes library is Kind. The imported files will show as WAV and can be listed together by clicking on the "Kind" column header.
Select all the WAV files and use iTunes' metadata editor to enter the album name and the artist name so that you can easily find it later when editing the other metadata tags. You could alternatively set this metadata prior to Audacity Export using Audacity's metadata editor – some users report that it is easier to use iTunes rather than Audacity to manage the metadata.
Use iTunes to make AAC copies in the library from the WAV files
Provided that you did not already have other WAV files in your iTunes library, the WAV files you need should still be the only selected tunes at this stage, providing that you have done no further clicking. Make sure that you have your iTunes Import Settings set to AAC at your required bitrate. Convert them to AAC by using the iTunes command Advanced > Create AAC version . Note carefully that this makes a “copy

disciple

#2 Post by disciple »

Hi - that's an awful lot of words, and it's very unclear what you are actually asking for.
Are you sure you don't just want to export directly from Audacity as AAC? Why do you need to export to wav if all you are going to do is convert to AAC?
If you don't like to set the artist and album name in audacity there are a variety of tag editors which can handle AAC.
What function are you missing?
Puppy option for itunes
You're also more likely to get help if you give the thread a meaningful title.
Do you know a good gtkdialog program? Please post a link here

Classic Puppy quotes

ROOT FOREVER
GTK2 FOREVER

rmcellig

#3 Post by rmcellig »

I am really sorry for such a winded description. I actually solved my problem with help from the Audacity forum. I have also tried Banshee in Puppy and find it works pretty good.

Thanks for the replay, your comments and suggestions are duly noted for future reference. Thanks again!!