Saluki

A home for all kinds of Puppy related projects
Billtoo

#741 Post by Billtoo »

Geoffrey wrote:I can't get Thoggen DVD ripper to work, don't no if it is to do with anything I've done, can someone comfirm if it runs at all.
It worked for me, it produced an ogv file playable in xnoise or vlc etc.
I just set the screen size and away it went.

Billtoo

#742 Post by Billtoo »

Geoffrey

#743 Post by Geoffrey »

Billtoo wrote:
Geoffrey wrote:I can't get Thoggen DVD ripper to work, don't no if it is to do with anything I've done, can someone comfirm if it runs at all.
I'll have to back track what I've done that caused this to happen, thanks Billtoo.

jemimah

#744 Post by jemimah »

Geoffrey wrote:
Billtoo wrote:
I'll have to back track what I've done that caused this to happen, thanks Billtoo.
This happens when the window manager starts dbus before rc.services starts it. Try this:

Exit to the prompt

Code: Select all

/etc/init.d/dbus stop
/etc/init.d/dbus start
xwin
Hopefully this will be fixed in 009.

jemimah

Re: Saluki

#745 Post by jemimah »

Billtoo wrote:@jemimah

I made an sfs file of Goggles Music Manager 0.12.6 (approx 10mb) but
when I tested it it gave an error about libgcrypt version conflict and seg faulted, if I install the libgcrypt pet that I made and try it again it works.

I put libgcrypt-1.4.6-i686.pet that I made in 008 in the sfs, maybe I
should wait for the final Saluki and try again?
It'll probably need to be recompiled.

jemimah

Re: xgamma-gui

#746 Post by jemimah »

emil wrote:It seems there is a very old version of xgamma-gui in Saluki which is buggy.
fix:
replace /usr/sbin/xgamma-gui with this version
details about bugfix here
8) emil
Got it. Thanks.

aarf

#747 Post by aarf »

aarf wrote:after some checking i am at a complete loss to explain why the produced 008 is only 40M. Can someone with both 007 (or 006) and 008 produce the delta, then move 007 and delta to a new folder and try to create 008 from 007 plus delta and see if it is the real deal 008 that is produced. Check the md5sum of the produced 008. I think xdelta is failing because of some unknown characteristic of 008. Clicking open the produced 008, it will look ok but you cant copy the whole contents out of the mounted folder to a new folder. (To do the usual manual frugal.) My failures are happening in both racy and luci003. All on ext3 partitions.
Icafe downloaded the offending 008. Md5sum matched the one posted by jemimah. But now cant proceed because my 007 was on my virtually new toshiba 500G external which has developed a strange clicking sound and then EeePc blackscreens and all indicator lights are out. This strange clicking sound first occurred when trying to produce 008 from the smokey01 hosted strange deltas yesterday. Only today when plugged in does the external hard toshiba kill all puppies. Remove external. Reboot. Click open icafe 008 try to copy contents to SDcard. Hangs at luki.sfs. Wont copy. Then EeePc fails to shutdown. Plugin external hard toshiba. >once again it kills EeePc.
Proceed at own risk. All happening in racy and luci003.

cthisbear

#748 Post by cthisbear »

aarf:

Why not try the old trick of disconnecting your mains power,

taking out the battery.....

and holding down your power button to discharge your lappy.

Instead of 10 seconds....make it at least 30 seconds.

Regards....Chris.

aarf

#749 Post by aarf »

cthisbear wrote:aarf:

Why not try the old trick of disconnecting your mains power,

taking out the battery.....

and holding down your power button to discharge your lappy.

Instead of 10 seconds....make it at least 30 seconds.

Regards....Chris.
will this fix my external harddrive? Other times in the past when i cant shutdown i just holddown the power button and it will shutdown. I thought i'd try the new plug in the toshiba external HD shutdown method to see how effective it was.

Edit: Tried the battery removal trick. External toshiba still kills racy522 when it is plugged in and accessed. Takes about 30 seconds to get its act going. In the interum can see content of the external drive. Whoa it actually restarted not shut down now i can get the 007 off of the external HD. Perhaps it has something to do with the USB flashdrive i was using at the icafe. Because it warmt plugged when the succesful copy from the external HD went through. Will investigate.
Edit: could be my battery is past its useful life. As also indicated by in the unusable screen popups about power mentioned earlier in this saluki thread..sorry for side tracking saluki again jemimah.

aarf

#750 Post by aarf »

Locally in both racy522 and Puppeeerc2 using 007 and 008 to generate a delta (66 M) then using 007 and the generated delta to create 008 produces a 008 with the correct md5sum. So back to not having any clue as to not why the online created deltas failed so consistently.
And have copied the content out of the 008.iso to SSD and booted saluki from it via xorgwizard and xwin.
Previous failure to copy was probably due to my defective SDcard writer.

Geoffrey

#751 Post by Geoffrey »

Here's a small list of things that may need attention.

Sleep button on desktop computer keyboard, if your cat walks across the keyboard and happens to press sleep, this puts the PC into a coma, I have tried everything to revive it, pressing the power button on the computer case give a false hope, keyboard flashes as well as the mouse, possible fix super glue the button. :wink:

Still have problems with themes Aurora and all of the TerraNova themes the right click menu in file manager won't stick, well sometimes it does.

If Cairo dock runs at startup and has a weather applet which runs before a network connection is established, it can't find a connection, even refreshing the applet has no effect and x needs restarting for it to work, one fix is to start Cairo dock manually, this maybe one of the reasons it has a menu entry.

fix for cairo-dock to give the network a head start.

/root/Startup, edit cairo-dock

sleep 10 && exec cairo-dock
The keyboard suspend is the main problem.

Geoffrey

#752 Post by Geoffrey »

A clean look with Cairo Dock and Terryphi's latest Opera web browser and Opera clock widget.

what I've seen of it so far Opera runs extremely well, flash works smoothly, Opera comes as a SFS so it's a easy install.

Terryphi's Opera thread here http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic. ... 488#500488

Sage

#753 Post by Sage »

Maybe we can persuade Terry to work his magic on EudoraOSE 1.0, too? Personally, I don't work with .sfs files. Does it create a lot of extra work to issue them as .pet s? Eudora .pet s are already available; which if any for Saluki?!

Midori in 008 is good. However, the 'wrong' FlashPlayer gets installed by default for running BBC iPlayer. In the UK this is a show stopper for folks like myself who don't possess the skills to install (or even recognise!) the correct version from Adobe.
All this may well the fault of Adobe's antics, but it doesn't help.
i.e Help, please!

Confirm poweroff not working.

smokey01

#754 Post by smokey01 »

Sage download this file:
http://eudora.com/download/eudora/1.0/E ... 86.tar.bz2
Extract it to /root
Then click on the Eudora script and it should work.
It places all files in /root/eudora
Drag the script to the desktop for ease.
I have tried it in Micko's new Slacko, works fine.

Good luck.
Attachments
eudora.jpg
(49.48 KiB) Downloaded 913 times

aarf

#755 Post by aarf »

Sage i would tell you about flashplayer but i dont approve of puppians watching that colonialist propaganda channel however the things you ask are covered dozens of times on the forum.
May i refer you instead to CCTV4, who knows you might even get lucky and see live coverage of tibetian monks self immolating. Whatever next lobsters au flambe? Which brings of to the crux of the matter, the new webcam app is good maybe i can now use it to do timelapse surveileance of my computer connection wires in my absence. Only thing is i think my EeePc will disappear if i leave it on duty. No great loss as replacement is well overdue.
Last edited by aarf on Thu 26 Jan 2012, 10:51, edited 1 time in total.

peebee

Frisbee problem

#756 Post by peebee »

I have just changed my wifi router/modem in preparation for future receiving ADSL2+ service from my ISP.

I have changed the 10 hex digit key supplied with the new router to a 10 hex digit key of my choosing.

I have successfully entered this key into Frisbee on slacko, lupu, exprimo and wary and established a WPA protected connection.

When I enter the same key into Frisbee on saluki it gives an "Invalid Key" message but doesn't say why the key is invalid.

Why is Frisbee on luki behaving differently to all other versions?

How do I find out what luki / frisbee thinks is wrong with the key??

The key has lower case alpha characters in it - would this be a problem?

Thanks for help
Cheers
Peter
ImageLxPup = Puppy + LXDE
Main version used daily: LxPupSc; Assembler of UPups, ScPup & ScPup64, LxPup, LxPupSc & LxPupSc64

Sage

#757 Post by Sage »

Gee, t'anks, lads! Everyone needs friends like smokey & aarf - one to offer such rapid, solid help, the other for a good laugh. Both therapeutic in their own way.
Just off out to fix a friend's lighting system - try it all later.

ICPUG

Re: touchpad

#758 Post by ICPUG »

yordanj94 wrote:Hi.
How can i enable tapping on my touchpad ?
I can only move my cursor,but not to tape.
Laptop Dell latitude C610.
With LUPQ-511 and Lucid Puppy 5.2.8 i can do that with from the very beginning,but here iF i try to calibrate it it crashes and restarts X.
Thanks in advance.
Have a look at this:
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 267#578267

worked for me on 007.

What defines the default settings in flsynclient? Is it woof? Both Slacko and Saluki need more non-obvious twiddling than Lucid to get touchpad tapping to work.

yordanj94

Touchpad

#759 Post by yordanj94 »

Hi.
Thank's a lot!
This works too.
What i did was to edit in "root/flSynclient":

TapButton1 =1
TapButton2 =2
TapButton3 =3

After that i was able to tape.
Thanks again !

jemimah

#760 Post by jemimah »

Geoffrey wrote:Here's a small list of things that may need attention.

Sleep button on desktop computer keyboard, if your cat walks across the keyboard and happens to press sleep, this puts the PC into a coma, I have tried everything to revive it, pressing the power button on the computer case give a false hope, keyboard flashes as well as the mouse, possible fix super glue the button. :wink:

Still have problems with themes Aurora and all of the TerraNova themes the right click menu in file manager won't stick, well sometimes it does.

If Cairo dock runs at startup and has a weather applet which runs before a network connection is established, it can't find a connection, even refreshing the applet has no effect and x needs restarting for it to work, one fix is to start Cairo dock manually, this maybe one of the reasons it has a menu entry.

fix for cairo-dock to give the network a head start.

/root/Startup, edit cairo-dock

sleep 10 && exec cairo-dock
The keyboard suspend is the main problem.
You can turn of the suspend feature by going into Laptop Tools and unchecking Enable Acpid.