Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Fri 18 Apr 2014, 12:26
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Projects
Saluki
Moderators: Flash, JohnMurga
Page 48 of 250 [3740 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, ..., 248, 249, 250 Next
Lobster
Official Crustacean

PostPosted: Mon 23 Jan 2012, 20:29    Post subject:  

Quote:
I feel that luki will be one of the great ones
Keep up the good work

In 008 posting from Midori browser. Just about to try some of the programs included. This might be the last alpha? Certainly feels that way. Flash installer came up during initial setup (locale, timezone etc) which seemed innapropriate somehow . . .
Saluki is different and yet the xfce feels familiar. Something to grow into. So far, so good . . .
Smile

pacer106

PostPosted: Mon 23 Jan 2012, 20:43    Post subject:  

booted with pfix=ram to check out cairo very good lookin i must say Smile did some other tweaks with xfce and managed to lock it up not even the 3 finger salute would save me. glad i pfix=ram'd lol.

while it worked it looked great & felt real snappy congrats on a job well done jemimah & all who are helping saluki along Smile

looking forward to betas & a final release now Smile
Aitch

PostPosted: Mon 23 Jan 2012, 20:50    Post subject:  

jemimah wrote:
Binscan looks cool, but there's no actual download.

http://binscan.svn.sourceforge.net/

Aitch Smile
Geoffrey

PostPosted: Mon 23 Jan 2012, 21:00    Post subject:  

jemimah,thanks for Cairo dock, works great even in no OpenGL mode, I really like the desklets, far better than trying to use pwidgets.

I noticed there was no menu entry, this will get it working
(no OpenGL)
Code:
cairo-dock -c

OpenGL (hardware acceleration)
Code:
cairo-dock -o
aarf

PostPosted: Mon 23 Jan 2012, 21:24    Post subject:  

NOTICE: THESE DELTAS FOR SALUKI 008 ARE NOT PRODUCING THE REQUIRED SALUKI.008 OUTPUT. INVESTIGATION IS IN PROGRESS. [/]
Deltas are at www.smokey01.com/aarf/xdelta/saluki/ usual user and pass . 40M for isos deltas and 3M for devx
Code:
wget -4c --http-user=puppy --http-password=linux http://www.smokey01.com/aarf/xdelta/saluki/luki-007.iso___luki-008.iso.delta

Edit: i cant confirm that these work. My gprs connection is so bad that i cant be sure i am getting a non corrupted file downloaded for testing.. Will attempt online md5sums.

ASUS EeePC Flare series 1025C 4x Intel Atom N2800 @ 1.86GHz RAM 2063MB 800x600p ATA 320G
_-¤-_

<º))))><.¸¸.•´¯`•.#.•´¯`•.¸¸. ><((((º>

Last edited by aarf on Tue 24 Jan 2012, 08:44; edited 3 times in total
Marv

PostPosted: Mon 23 Jan 2012, 21:33    Post subject: Xce4 panel persistence  

Updated 007 save file to 008, manual frugal install to cfcard. Everything went well, all settings preserved, Excellent fonts now, my CUPS printer installation of an HP4500 survived. I'll address the sfs vs pet printer driver ? in another post.

One oddity noted. The xfce4 panel reverted to the default settings. Reapplied the launchers and appearance settings easily enough. Saved to the flash and rebooted.
Panel reverts back to the default.

Removed the save file and booted 008 fresh. Added one launcher to the panel, set some appearance parameters rebooted, creating a save file, and poof it reverts to default again.

In /root/.config/xfce4/xconf/xfce-perchannel-xml/ the xfce4-panel.xml file is being overwritten with the default on reboot. If I copy in a saved xfce4-panel.xml file the panel is fine.

The launchers in /root/.config/xfce4/panel survive ok and all other xfce4 settings also are ok.

Can someone try to replicate? No problems at all here til 008.

Thanks,

James C

PostPosted: Mon 23 Jan 2012, 23:06    Post subject:  

Fresh manual frugal install on my main Athlon XP box.Sound and internet good on initial boot....had to use xorgwizard to achieve desired 140x900 resolution.Installed SeaMonkey 2.6.1.Everything looking good so far.

# report-video
VIDEO REPORT: Saluki, version 008

Chip description:
oem: NVidia
product: NV18 () Board Chip Rev A2

Driver used by Xorg:
nouveau

Video mode used by Xorg:
Resolution: Depth 24 Depth: "Display"

...the above also recorded in /tmp/report-video
#
Tman

PostPosted: Tue 24 Jan 2012, 03:39    Post subject:  

I should be be going to sleep soon..Surprised
Luki 008 is impressive. Midori still has it's quirks but Saluki looks like it's good enough for day to day use. Great work, Jemimah.
Screenshot.jpg
Description  luki088 with modified Stardust theme
jpg

Download 
Filename  Screenshot.jpg 
Filesize  114.34 KB 
Downloaded  142 Time(s) 
Sage

PostPosted: Tue 24 Jan 2012, 03:55    Post subject:  

Geoffrey - naughty boy! You have broken the board rules. I cannot see the whole of p47 even on my widescreen. You have to resize so images are visible @ 800x600 on a 4:3 screen. We don't have a proper moderator on this Board, so we rely on correspondents doing this themselves. There are millions of folks out here who will struggle with their old 14" crt monitors. We did all this years ago, several times, but newcomers may not be aware and oldcomers with posh modern kit tend to forget the less fortunate in this unequal world. Otherwise, enjoy your reportage.
Sage

PostPosted: Tue 24 Jan 2012, 04:12    Post subject:  

jemimah, angel: thanks for 008, great selection. Nobody works so hard and effectively as you! You are the blast of fresh air to keep everyone interested and on their toes.

Maybe we could persuade you to look at EudoraOSE sometime? There are several .pets available. I use Claws a lot (because it works on almost every distro); it is a really good default selection, but folks who have used Eudora tend to like it so much they adopt it. It now belongs to the Mozilla camp so might have better compatibility with those preferring SM and FF browsers? Not sure about that, though. Downside is size, so it may need to remain .pet or .sfs? It is strictly Webster-o-centric so should appeal to your countrymen.Of course, it permits accumulation of personal dictionary, like the rest of email clients, but this can be tedious for the indolent and indefatigable distro-hoppers.
mavrothal

PostPosted: Tue 24 Jan 2012, 05:35    Post subject: cairo-dock  

Luki looks ready for beta Smile

But is this suppose to happen with cairo-dock?
See screenshot
(The black frame stays always there no matter what configuration I tried)
Screenshot.png
Description 
png

Download 
Filename  Screenshot.png 
Filesize  646.84 KB 
Downloaded  147 Time(s) 

Geoffrey

PostPosted: Tue 24 Jan 2012, 06:28    Post subject: Re: cairo-dock  

mavrothal wrote:
Luki looks ready for beta Smile

But is this suppose to happen with cairo-dock?
See screenshot
(The black frame stays always there no matter what configuration I tried)
you need to turn on the Compositor in window manager tweaks to activate the transparency
smokey01

PostPosted: Tue 24 Jan 2012, 06:45    Post subject:  

aarf It didn't work.
Code:
wget -4c --http-user=puppy --http-password=linux http://www.smokey01.com/aarf/xdelta/saluki/luki-007.iso___luki-008.iso.delta

The diff file downloaded ok but when I applied it with diff manager the result was a 40M luki-008.iso file.

aarf wrote:
Deltas are at www.smokey01.com/aarf/xdelta/saluki/ usual user and pass . 40M for isos deltas and 3M for devx
Code:

Edit: i cant confirm that these work. My gprs connection is so bad that i cant be sure i am getting a non corrupted file downloaded for testing.. Will attempt online md5sums.

mavrothal

PostPosted: Tue 24 Jan 2012, 07:15    Post subject: Re: cairo-dock  

Geoffrey wrote:
you need to turn on the Compositor in window manager tweaks to activate the transparency

Worked. Thanks (May be this could be part of the pinstall.sh)

Any trick to open folders? Should I "tell" it somehow to use thunar?
Also the "home" icon points to shortcuts desklet which is kind of confusing. Anyway to reconfigure?

alec78

PostPosted: Tue 24 Jan 2012, 07:29    Post subject: xdelta  

Hi All,

@aarf

I can confirm smokey01's finding, an 40MB iso after using the 007___008 delta file.
Awaiting the next delta file.

Cheers
Page 48 of 250 [3740 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, ..., 248, 249, 250 Next
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Projects
Jump to: