Saluki

A home for all kinds of Puppy related projects
wahyu

problem with themes

#681 Post by wahyu »

Geoffrey wrote:Thunar's right click menu has a problem with these themes, TerraNova and Aurora, the Aurora compact theme is ok.

The problem is that right clicking a file the menu wont stick, you have to hold the mouse button down and move it onto a menu selection.
same with you.. get right click problem in new theme saluki 7 when open thunar

Geoffrey

#682 Post by Geoffrey »

Lobster wrote:I know it is a bit early for software to include but even so . . .

Simple and useful way to save and secure a data file.
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 322#598322
Lobster, I tried this and couldn't get it to create another app as quoted
The second option creates a new copy of application, but the file contains encrypted text also.
When it's launched, the text is displayed instantly and can be decrypted, and the application itself can be reused.
have you got it to work, if i save as text it works :?

Lobster
Official Crustacean

#683 Post by Lobster »

it is only designed for text.
Growl will work on data files (using code in Slacko from Mick) and this might be a better option for Saluki further down the line . . .
Puppy Raspup 8.2Final 8)
Puppy Links Page http://www.smokey01.com/bruceb/puppy.html :D

Tman

#684 Post by Tman »

I have made a simple Howto on creating a single sfs file from multiple pets, which can be found -> here

You can use the luki003_extras.pet found -> here and combine it with other pets to make your own custom sfs file for Saluki.

Marv

Frisbee & FlSynclient

#685 Post by Marv »

Continued testing on the Fujitsu 6210 Laptop (Pentium M, i915 video, i2200 wireless. Frisbee connected flawlessly to friends wireless now using the 10.0.0.x private network. I had always had to set up a static IP for that under Puppy 4.

I have the same problem with FlSynclient as heywoodj ( crash out of X on any position calibrate). Just edit Xorg.conf and good to go though (Alps touchpads).

Will test setting up my HP4500 all-in-one next, using the dynamic HPLIP in the printer sfs.

I found that the font color in the clock can be set independently of the global font color if the digital clock format is used. As an example, under custom format in the clock properties, the following sets font color to white: <span color="#ffffff">%I:%M %p</span>

Saluki still leading the pack..
Pups currently in kennel :D Older LxPupSc and X-slacko-4.4 for my users; LxPupSc, LxPupSc64 and upupEF for me. All good pups indeed, and all running savefiles for look'n'feel only. Browsers, etc. solely from SFS.

jim3630

#686 Post by jim3630 »

Tman wrote:I have made a simple Howto on creating a single sfs file from multiple pets, which can be found -> here

You can use the luki003_extras.pet found -> here and combine it with other pets to make your own custom sfs file for Saluki.
Tman thanks!

mill0001

#687 Post by mill0001 »

Hi, Running luki-007 on my desktop---phenom II quadcore, 2GB DDR3 ram. I'm LOVIN what I see so far. Booted right up, no problem-o, even my b43 wifi came right up without a hitch. I really like your new info display boxes for frisbee. Only negative for me is I would like some one to please, please tell me how to switch thunar to single click operation. I hate double click.
I must say this is one of the most polished, and professional versions of Puppy I have seen and I'm amazed that you were able to pack all this into 85MB. WOW, am I lookin forward to the final! BTW are the kernel sources in the devx? I want to install latest Nvidia driver for my video. Thanks for a really hot and amazing puppy Jemimah, and Thank you for all the hard work you're doin to make it so. Believe me I haven't forgotten about the rest of the Saluki team members, a HUGE Thank You too Guys! Wait till DistoWatch gets a load of this one. Number One, here comes Saluki Puppy. Yay!!!!

Edit: Did a manual frugal install to my boot hdd, 36 gb WD Raptor.

jemimah

#688 Post by jemimah »

The desktop doesn't have a single click option. To make Thunar single click, go to Edit->Preferences->Behavior. There's a link to the kernel source in the first post.

-----

I have been working hard and I'm happy to announce that Saluki-008 will have applications! Looks like the ISO size will be in the neighborhood of 120MB.

mill0001

#689 Post by mill0001 »

Thank you, Jemimah.

heywoodj

Re: Frisbee & FlSynclient

#690 Post by heywoodj »

Marv wrote: I have the same problem with FlSynclient as heywoodj ( crash out of X on any position calibrate). Just edit Xorg.conf and good to go though (Alps touchpads)...
Good call on manually editing, in my case the parameters on /root/.flSynclient . I had to first enable viewing hidden files. And the changes don't apply until X restarts. Yeah!
Last edited by heywoodj on Mon 23 Jan 2012, 14:01, edited 1 time in total.

heywoodj

Re: Frisbee & FlSynclient

#691 Post by heywoodj »

Sorry,duplicate post :oops: .

einar

first saluki tryout

#692 Post by einar »

Hi Devs and others :)

its my first try on saluki and it feels realy polished. As a ultra linux noob i find it easy to get it do do what i want. i realy like the control panel and the not so clutterd start menu with "run program, find and control panel" it looks clean and well made.

The only think is that it does not feel as snappy as other puppys. aka slacko and lucid . I Guess this is because of the XFCE. and dont missunderstand me, it is fast but not instant like the others. But then again i have only tested it on my acer aspire one. It is a Intel Atom 1.6Ghz with 1 GB memory. is it to slow for Saluki ?

I have also not tested any apps. I know the devs have not made any yet. but what is Saluki compatible with ? I see the wary5,quirky and common in puppy package manager. can i use one of those ? or all ?

Hope my questions are not to stupid. and that you can forgive my bad english.

Best regards
Einar

Aitch

#693 Post by Aitch »

Jemimah wrote:I have been working hard and I'm happy to announce that Saluki-008 will have applications! Looks like the ISO size will be in the neighborhood of 120MB.
Any possibility you could look at using/incorporating zero install?

http://0install.net/install-linux.html

also see pandora apps

http://apps.openpandora.org/cgi-bin/vie ... plications

binscan looks interesting, too

http://binscan.sourceforge.net/

thanks

Aitch :)

aarf

Re: first saluki tryout

#694 Post by aarf »

einar wrote:Hi Devs and others :)

its my first try on saluki and it feels realy polished. As a ultra linux noob i find it easy to get it do do what i want. i realy like the control panel and the not so clutterd start menu with "run program, find and control panel" it looks clean and well made.

The only think is that it does not feel as snappy as other puppys. aka slacko and lucid . I Guess this is because of the XFCE. and dont missunderstand me, it is fast but not instant like the others. But then again i have only tested it on my acer aspire one. It is a Intel Atom 1.6Ghz with 1 GB memory. is it to slow for Saluki ?

I have also not tested any apps. I know the devs have not made any yet. but what is Saluki compatible with ? I see the wary5,quirky and common in puppy package manager. can i use one of those ? or all ?

Best regards
Einar
i also noticed saluki to be slow. Then after i made a pupsave it didnt seem slow any more. My ram 512Mb no swap.

Geoffrey

#695 Post by Geoffrey »

I've got cairo dock working, I downloaded the debs that puppyluvr has but needed more so I download until it ran, seem to work ok, I tried making a sfs but it didn't seem to work but works if I install them with petget
maybe someone would like to check it out and make a sfs that works, download the debs here http://dl.dropbox.com/u/26024684/linux/ ... 3.0.tar.gz
Edit I'll leave this download here for the time being, download jemimah's cairo-dock-2.4.0.pet at the bottom of the page.
Last edited by Geoffrey on Fri 27 Jan 2012, 09:38, edited 2 times in total.

jemimah

#696 Post by jemimah »

Well that's cool! It didn't occur to me that it would work without compiz. I will compile it from source when I get done with my current todo list.

jemimah

#697 Post by jemimah »

Aitch wrote:
Jemimah wrote:I have been working hard and I'm happy to announce that Saluki-008 will have applications! Looks like the ISO size will be in the neighborhood of 120MB.
Any possibility you could look at using/incorporating zero install?

http://0install.net/install-linux.html

also see pandora apps

http://apps.openpandora.org/cgi-bin/vie ... plications

binscan looks interesting, too

http://binscan.sourceforge.net/

thanks

Aitch :)
I think zero install would probably either break system libs, be generally incompatible with puppy, or download a large amount of redundant libs. It really is best to compile from source. Installing bins from other sources is always going to cause trouble or be really large.

I think the pandora apps are compiled for the openpandora. If they work on puppy, it would just be luck, but I'm pretty sure it's an ARM platform.

Binscan looks cool, but there's no actual download.

jemimah

Re: first saluki tryout

#698 Post by jemimah »

einar wrote:Hi Devs and others :)

Best regards
Einar
It does take somewhat longer to boot on slowish machines, but once it's booted, it ought to be fairly snappy. It runs fast on my eee with the same specs as your aao. I'm not sure where you are experiencing slowness.

Saluki is compatible with wary/racy packages. Stuff in the repos should work.

pemasu

#699 Post by pemasu »

At last time to test saluki-007. Looks, feels and smells good.
I have attached the xorg.log. Remove the phony .gz

I tested the gtk theme Raptor...or better modification of it by:
http://ardenarboriger.deviantart.com/ar ... -107967299

Not bad, if you want black and white cool appearance with some shining.

The problem: It needs spesific userChrome.css file for Seamonkey, Firefox and Thunderbird. The one I use now for Seamonkey has been attached. Again remove the phony .gz. Place that file to the /root/.mozilla/seamonkey or firefox/afkjdlfj.default/chrome folder replacing the previous one.

/etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit still has Barry`s added Pwireless2 choices instead of Frisbee. Not a big deal but I thought to remind of it.

Change the gtk theme with control panel > appearance.
Attachments
Xorg.0.log.gz
(20.92 KiB) Downloaded 186 times
userChrome.css.gz
(1.3 KiB) Downloaded 182 times

jemimah

#700 Post by jemimah »

pemasu wrote:
/etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit still has Barry`s added Pwireless2 choices instead of Frisbee. Not a big deal but I thought to remind of it.
I know about it. But I need Frisbee to work in any puplet so unless Barry changes it, I leave this alone. The code should work anyway because it treats unknown network managers the same as Pwireless2.