Now - Puppy 4.3.1 VirtualBox - Much Simpler than Before

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
marktam264

Why does the cursor position become inadequate?

#41 Post by marktam264 »

But it's better to disable mouse integration at this point, because cursor position will become inadequate.
Why does this happen? I noticed this as well when running Lucid Puppy in the latest VirtualBox. (I also tried the latest Slacko and Racy and they all exhibit the same issue).

The bad thing is that this mouse issue ONLY happens with Puppy Linux, all other distros I've tried on VirtualBox don't have this mouse issue.

Why do I need to disable mouse integration in VirtualBox for the mouse cursor to be aligned correctly?

Thanks for any info.

SFR

Re: Why does the cursor position become inadequate?

#42 Post by SFR »

marktam264 wrote:
But it's better to disable mouse integration at this point, because cursor position will become inadequate.
Why does this happen? I noticed this as well when running Lucid Puppy in the latest VirtualBox. (I also tried the latest Slacko and Racy and they all exhibit the same issue).

The bad thing is that this mouse issue ONLY happens with Puppy Linux, all other distros I've tried on VirtualBox don't have this mouse issue.

Why do I need to disable mouse integration in VirtualBox for the mouse cursor to be aligned correctly?

Thanks for any info.
I suppose it's somehow related to xorg.conf
Take a look on these posts: http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 479#595479

Greetings!
[color=red][size=75][O]bdurate [R]ules [D]estroy [E]nthusiastic [R]ebels => [C]reative [H]umans [A]lways [O]pen [S]ource[/size][/color]
[b][color=green]Omnia mea mecum porto.[/color][/b]

Pelo

Virtual box Tuto video belgian spoken

#43 Post by Pelo »

It's much easier to run puppy under Windows Virtual machine than the opposite. Acces code for Windows is requested, anyway.

video

nooby

#44 Post by nooby »

Does Puppy run much slower in the virtual box? Too slow
for impatient persons like myself?
Could this be a way to get puppy on new UEFI machines?

The bad things is that Win 8 run in the background getting
attacked by virus and malware and what not? Windows still
vulenrable but Puppy should be rather same in a virtual environ?
I use Google Search on Puppy Forum
not an ideal solution though

nooby

#45 Post by nooby »

Does anybody know or have tried it. Oops it is an old thread
they had not UEFI trouble back then?
I use Google Search on Puppy Forum
not an ideal solution though

playdayz

#46 Post by playdayz »

Does Puppy run much slower in the virtual box? Too slow
for impatient persons like myself?
Could this be a way to get puppy on new UEFI machines?
Yes, an old thread nooby but I did something similar just recently, using VMWare instead of Virtualbox. Lucid will not run on my current laptop so I ran it in VMWare inside Windows 7. It was FAST. It is important to turn on the virtual machine extensions in the computer's bios--mine were off by default, but once I did that Lucid ran full screen as fast as ever. I see no reason why this would not work in Windows 8. It should work with Virtualbox too but I have no recent experience with that.