Dpup Exprimo 5.X.15

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
pemasu

#1581 Post by pemasu »

Iguleder`s 2.6.39.4 does not have zram module enable ie not not compiled in kernel. But I took the script to the safe deposit. When I next time compile kernel, I might include it. Not sure how useful it really is. You create compressed zram to the ram, which you dont have enough already. So swapping to the hdd increases. Okay....swapping to the ram is faster, but what is the result.
For me....with 4 Gb ram, more useful would be editing parameters...which does not use swap to the hdd so early.....I have read that even with enough ram...there is swapping to the hdd.

soundNICK

#1582 Post by soundNICK »

pemasu - I looked this afternoon, and there was 5x12 in the repository_
soundNICK does 5x12 first comment dance :-)

I see lots of changes in 5x12... I like the big clock default. You changed
back to old system for deleting apps in PPM... I liked the older way, so
this is good.

JWM is default windowmanager, it works very well, as does flash installer

real problem #1 I had was with PPM... it keeps looping on "examine dependencies"
and never displays them (the dependencies)... it doesnt let you download them,
and doesnt display them, even though there are many for some known apps.

you've added something to allow savefile entries before exiting, which is good_
however, still I have problem of only one savefile allowed... I have to move any older
savefiles to deep dir for 5x12 not to freeze at startup - shorter way to say, only
one savefile is allowed... hmm

It looks good otherwise

soundNICK

pemasu

#1583 Post by pemasu »

Soundnick. It was not supposed to be downloaded and reported yet. Lol. But...you seem to have found serious bug in it. Somehow one of Shinobars petget folder files has been replaced. I have placed petget as zzzzpetget to the distro specs so it really should have not be possible to happen. I dont know the reason for this. But...I will rebuild the 5.X.12 and place manually Shinobar`s petget to the rootfs-complete to be sure. I have now also removed the petget folder from rootfs-skeleton.
Anyway...the reason to the dependency checking misbehavior has been found.

Okay....if someone else wants tasty and likes some obscure bug hunting, I dont remove the 5.X.12 from repo...but it will be replaced today....after my work...in the evening....in the Finland.

Thanks Soundnick.

soundNICK

#1584 Post by soundNICK »

pemasu wrote:Soundnick. It was not supposed to be downloaded and reported yet. Lol. But...you seem to have found serious bug in it /snip/

Anyway...the reason to the dependency checking misbehavior has been found.

/snip/if someone else wants tasty and likes some obscure bug hunting, I dont remove the 5.X.12 from repo. /snip/

Thanks Soundnick.
pemasu ooooo... so sorry to jump the gun... well, Im glad if something could
be fixed from my complaining :-)

I did find one more thing which probably isnt right... in the 5x12 original version
I downloaded, "Personalize Settings" menu pops up every reboot, no matter
if changes were made and saved before... this is the one for setting time and so forth.

continued good luck with 5x series - my favorite ! !

soundNICK

pemasu

#1585 Post by pemasu »

Soundnick. That problem have been noticed and fixed. I removed some stuff from Shinobars firstrun script, which I dont need. And I accidentally removed the checking if firstrun has been lauched before. It has been fixed in the fixed version.

But....if you find something else....that is another bug, becauce nothing else will be changed.

pemasu

#1586 Post by pemasu »

petget-20120108.pet created by Shinobar seems to loop dependencies in exprimo. Hmm...I just would like to upload this 5.X.12 soon with fixed firstrun. Maybe I switch to use Barry`s original petget folder, from today uploaded commit woof2. Lets see if it has still usb booting and ppm pet installation saving problem. At least it checks dependencies ok, and offers to download and install them.

soundNICK

#1587 Post by soundNICK »

pemasu wrote:/snip/
But....if you find something else....that is another bug, becauce nothing else will be changed.
pemasu... OK... two things after getting 5x12 now in repo... this had
a different checksum and I assumed it was your corrected version... dunno for sure.

New BUG #1: when another partition is mounted_ left click shows folders on that
(by RoxFiler)... but... a right click is /supposed/ to show menu where you can
unmount or do other... instead of that, the menu which pops up is: Convert to MP3 /
dir2pet / dir2sfs /...lots of other. Ive seen this before, but sorry cant tell you
which button it is usually for.
This is a mixup for clicking on the mounted drive, Im sure.

2nd thing I wanted to mention... but I see you added post about looking at
options to fix that looping dependency problem.. wasnt working yet when
I downloaded most recent, but you already know by your comment before
this one.

I would rather be known as "the happy user of 5x10", than as "the guy who
keeps telling me what went wrong with 5x12" :-) Dont worry too much...
there are several in this series which work fine already !

Anyway, hope this bug report helps.

soundNICK

don570

#1588 Post by don570 »

There is an irritating bug in Exprimo version 11

When the user clicks on the default audio mixer button
in the mhwaveedit window retrovol doesn't pop up
like in previous versions of exprimo.

The problem is that mhwaveedit needs to be compiled with the
option for default audio mixer.

A quick solution is to use a configuration file in /root.
This has a line that sets the default audio mixer.
It's an alternative method that you might find desirable.

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 116#595116

pemasu

#1589 Post by pemasu »

Yeah. I know what irritation means. Been hunting today the bug which Soundnick found. I mean right click bug. I believe I have found the reason, but...I dont know the cause exactly....so I am not posting the solution yet. I am going to make another test build to see if it is fixed.

Don570. I will hunt your suggestion and implement it.

pemasu

#1590 Post by pemasu »

Dpup Exprimo 5.X.12 has been uploaded.
- Ffmpeg-0.91
- Gnome-mplayer-1.0.5
- Mplayer2-svn
- Latest Radky`s PupApplications, PupControl-1.8.8
- Shinobar`s Firstrun ie Personalize settings added....hostname changing now possible without messing the rox-filer search speed.
- GFTP updated to use Ttuuxxx`s icons and compiled in dpup with that edited source.
- Gnewpet (under heavy development) added under the Utilility. It enables the installed pet repetting straight from ./packages storaged database file...you can grab a installed pet from other puplet and make installable pet with gnewpet.
- JWM-576, no more flickering when installing pet, also resolution change automatically restarts jwm.
- PUI-2, Jemimah`s new Puppy Universal Installer, old version as choice also.
- Couple of jwm themes additions, Aurora gtk theme with engine added.
- Gconv-fix which makes the starting of gtkdialog apps as they should. Annoying delay has been vanished. - This has been long term hunt, fix found by nice strace app which captures all system calls by launched app and the output can be directed to the text file, where the not found libs and files can be traced.
- Iguleders Packages-puppy-dpup-official has been removed. I havent had time and energy to create - database file for those uploaded 465 pets for the pet_packages-dpup repo in smokey01.com where I uploaded those pets I had from Iguleders site. I had almost all.
- Puppizard removed, the scripts repo also vanished.
- Winfonts added for easy Windows fonts sharing, helps Windows OS users. Dont hang me, lol.
- Also Smokey01`s simple DVDCopy app in Multimedia. I suspect Smokey01 will improve it still.
- Pmusic-2.3.0 with all dependencies.
- Oh yeah...using latest woof2...those scripts which are updated by Shinobar excluded. Otherwise up to date woof2 build....except /usr/local/bin/drive_all updated script has been left out. It broke drive icons right click content. At least in Exprimo.

Download link: http://www.smokey01.com/pemasu/DpupSque ... primo5X12/

soundNICK

#1591 Post by soundNICK »

YUM... EVERYTHING works in this one... no further comment is needed.

oh wait, Id like to say, after a tedious night of downloading, I need
to sleep... pity the poor user :-)

Just kidding... FABULOUS Work pemasu ! !

soundNICK

James C

#1592 Post by James C »

Fresh manual frugal install on my main Athlon XP box. No problems yet.... looking good. :)
Attachments
Exprimo 5.X.12.png
(135.85 KiB) Downloaded 825 times

shinobar

petget bug

#1593 Post by shinobar »

pemasu wrote:petget-20120108.pet created by Shinobar seems to loop dependencies in exprimo.
Suppose you do not mean the 'Check dependencies installed pkg' in the menu. It seems no problem.
The problem occurs when you are going to install some package which need to install another dependent packages('conky' in category 'system', for example), right?

It was puzzling, but i found a common issue both in petget-20120108 and the woof2:
/usr/local/petget/installpreview.sh
at line 141-142 for woof2, corresponding in petget-20120108 is at line 215-216

Code: Select all

/usr/local/petget/dependencies.sh
 [ $? -ne 0 ] && exec/usr/local/petget/installpreview.sh #reenter.
it sees the exit code returned from dependencies.sh, but the dependencies.sh returns meaningless exit code.
The line 142 (216 for petget-20120108) should be commented out(or just remove).

Code: Select all

/usr/local/petget/dependencies.sh
# [ $? -ne 0 ] && exec /usr/local/petget/installpreview.sh #reenter. # 20Jan12 shinobar: comment out
I need more time to review whole the code and will update the petget in a few days.
EDIT: fixed by petget-20120122.pet.
http://shino.pos.to/linux/puppy/
Last edited by shinobar on Sun 22 Jan 2012, 05:26, edited 1 time in total.
Downloads for Puppy Linux [url]http://shino.pos.to/linux/downloads.html[/url]

pemasu

#1594 Post by pemasu »

Shinobar. Yes...that was the problem. I am glad that you quickly got a knack of it.
Thank you of your response.

peebee

#1595 Post by peebee »

Hi pemasu

In the pursuit of excellence only - not something you need to spend any great time over....

but gnome-mplayer is missing a couple of icons - I'm pretty sure I've seen this problem before (maybe during lupu testing) so its a recurring problem which I guess should be fixed in woof maybe?

Cheers
peebee
Attachments
gnome-mplayer-icons.png
(61.82 KiB) Downloaded 728 times
ImageLxPup = Puppy + LXDE
Main version used daily: LxPupSc; Assembler of UPups, ScPup & ScPup64, LxPup, LxPupSc & LxPupSc64

pemasu

#1596 Post by pemasu »

Peebee. Oops. Yeah. I know the reason. My packaged gnome-mplayer didnt have those missing icons. Known problem. I will hunt them from my previous mplayer pet and post it as...
mplayer2-icon-fix pet here. Will be fixed in next Exprimo version.
Just cant remember all the quirkies you need to do when you change your base apps.
Last edited by pemasu on Fri 20 Jan 2012, 23:54, edited 1 time in total.

pemasu

#1597 Post by pemasu »

Fix for gnome-mplayer missing icons.
Attachments
gnome-mplayer-icon-fix-0.0.1.pet
(2.08 KiB) Downloaded 215 times

pemasu

#1598 Post by pemasu »

Heh...for fun of of it. Nostalgic classic style file manager Xplorer. Two panes, supports copy - paste. Havent Puppizied it. Would need creating working .conf files in /root/.cxxx
Creating working app launchers and then copying those *.conf files and recreating the pet with them.

Happy hacking if someone is interested.

pemasu

#1599 Post by pemasu »

I have reuploaded 5.X.12. I have fixed those missing icons, updated bcrypt_gui script so that it shows masked writing (gtkdialog fix), updated tempicon to use latest version, with svg temperature files. Puppy Universal Installer 2 script is the latest from Saluki 007. Nothing more. Mostly polishing the outcome.

Also here is the svgcleaner which should reduce the size of svg files, if you dont brake them with the cleaner. It can also optimize whole folders. I dont know if it is really working. At least I got it going. It is Qt app so you need some version of Qt libs to use it.

01micko

#1600 Post by 01micko »

pemasu, I tried to make the tempicon pinstall.sh "woof friendly" .. did it work ok? Or did you need to mod it?
Puppy Linux Blog - contact me for access