Connect Xbox 360 to internet through Lucid Puppy 5.2

Problems and successes with specific brands/models of networking hardware.
nkossuth8

Connect Xbox 360 to internet through Lucid Puppy 5.2

#1 Post by nkossuth8 »

Can somebody help me? I need to connect to Xbox Live, I'm running an ethernet cord from my Xbox to my computer, but I can't figure out how to connect it to Xbox Live. I'm running off of Lucid Puppy 5.2, and I am using a wireless adapter to connect to the internet.

DPUP5520

#2 Post by DPUP5520 »

Need to be a bit more specific on what you're trying to do. If you are trying to route movies/music which is what i suspect i would suggest trying to compile ps3media server in puppy or running it in WINE (it works for ps3 and Xbox).

uabassguy

#3 Post by uabassguy »

Would help if you could go into a rox console, type ifconfig, and post the results. But I'll tell you I managed to do this by connecting to my wireless network on the laptop (puppy), then connecting my 360 via ethernet cable to the laptop. Set automatic dhcp in the 360's wired settings. Now in the rox console or in the network manager, try to autoconfigure the network with dhcp. Then once both eth0 and eth1 interfaces are live (you can conirm this by running ifconfig again, if both show up you should be good, as long as your computer can still access the internet), run ShareInternet to create a bridge between the two, and allows the 360 to access your computer's internet connection. Shareinternet is a pup file you will have to install. Search the forum or google for it. It worked well for me. Now if only I can get my original xbox to connect to the internet, but I think the hardware may be lacking a dhcp server, only client :( I'll have to figure out how to set the IPtables manually

uabassguy

#4 Post by uabassguy »

Also I forgot to add, if you set anything manually for eth0 (or whatever it is for the wired interface) make sure you put 0.0.0.0 for ip address, gateway, and dns. Shareinternet will configure those for you, but will not be able to if you have set values manually.