STEPBYSTEP doing divers typical non creative jobs in mTpaint

Paint programs, vector editors, 3d modelers, animation editors, etc.
oui

STEPBYSTEP doing divers typical non creative jobs in mTpaint

#1 Post by oui »

Caution: This thread did be completely revised beginning 2012.01.14! Please your own step by step descriptions of complete graphic jobs or discussions are now welcome! oui 2012.02.31

Index:
Hi

As this thread did initialy be named:

mTpaint and land map processing and printing out

it also includes a short part about one way for the processing of bike or other routes with an external web application as it was the first goal of this thread!

But as I am using mTpaint more and more for divers non creative purposes (snapshots and processing of the resulting pictures for all possible goals especially make an archive copy of doc's etc., arrangement of existing pictures, elaboration of icons...), I will try to document ways step by step to do it easily because I know it is difficult to access to experience in mTpaint outside the general points detailled in the mTpaint manual in English. user with little knowledge on English have great difficulties to discover in the manual the necessary functions to realize the successive steps needed to realize the jobs because they often don't find the terms!

So I will proceed differently from the manual, don't enumerate the functions but the successive steps needed by processing simple complete job's!

I meet myself always a lot of little difficulties and probably don't know all the hints needed to solve my problems (see my actual discussion concerning such little points I would prefer to answer in this little presentation of typical jobs) and publish for this reason the new message under the neutral pseudo «puppytutorial» having password «linux» so that each one can change my text to amend or extend it if he knows more performent solutions! please only change also the last signature so that we can contact you if necessary if you change something!

all my examples are tested using the pet mTpaint 3.4.

As I did explain in the past, my activity did begin because [ old introduction of this thread: ] I have to make really much sport because of my high blood pressure and I have already 2 years therefore a good performance from about 12000 km biking per year. about 24000 km in two year. there are about 50000 km in total for me and my wife (she use the bike to go to the shops etc.). at 20 km/h, about 2500 hours in 2 year, also a very important and significant activity in our life

printing is now so easy after following help of wjaguar:

Last edited by oui on Tue 31 Jan 2012, 23:07, edited 29 times in total.

wjaguar

Re: mTpaint and land map processing

#2 Post by wjaguar »

What you need is the program called 'gtklp': http://gtklp.sourceforge.net/; tell mtPaint to print through it, and it'll provide you with a GUI to configure all kinds of fancy printing. See the below forum posts:
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 131#469131
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 040#451040

oui

#3 Post by oui »

Introduction: Why I do that (land map processing):

a. I will explain you first why I do that.

b. then I will describe an easy way to process land cards.

c. after that I will explain the treatment of land cards with mTpaint

d. and how to print them out

The jobs c. and d. are not only usable for land cards processing but for a lot of other jobs and can be considered as an good introduction in practical working with the wonderful and versatile little graphic program mTpaint !

introduction

as a lot of people, i have a high blood pressure and my doctor did require that I have to sleep more and to make daily a real good performance of sport. as a lot of people, i also have arthritis so that only two principal sports are recommendable, swim or biking. for different reason, i did retain the last one and have so since about 4 years a yearly performance of about 10.000 km or a little more. during the first year, I did loose about 20 kg weight: it was also part of the prescription of my doctor.

i use a bike computer with indication of cadence so that the arthritis makes no problem: my cadence is always about constant by 85 (or more after changing gear, till max. 105, never lower than 85). at this cadence (= maximal speed about 42 km/h with 42 teeth in front and 11 teeth at the back pinion or, more realistic as average speed, 21 km/h at 42/22 teeth) depending of the daily wind situation indicated online in real time at the next airports, I adapt daily my bike route so that I always have back wind returning a home (and front wind as i am fresh and fit starting the tour of about 35 .. 80 km depending of weather and actual free time disposal as i need 2 .. 4 hours for that daily workload!). as it is really a long time on the bike, it is important for me to select interesting routes to don't be bored (4 hours along!) and prepare then in an adequate cartography program.

i use principally the online application http://bikeroutetoaster.com/Course.aspx

why bikeroutetoaster (as it is not the leader of this kind of online applications)?

the leaders of those applications are mainly concept for the treatment of gps informations. it is absolutely not my purpose! as i did already ride about 50.000 km in the country where i leave, i know it well and don't need any gps... as we are always twice and drive as fast as we can, we will have a precise route to prevent accidents: each of us knows in what direction the other will drive today in the next seconds although we change the route very often (about each day)!

and bikeroutetoaster proposes

the autorouting under 5 cartography systems commutable each time with each other: map - satellite - hybrid - terrain - street - bike.

you can include available routes that you did save f. ex. as *.gpx file

and download your new routes also f. ex. as *.gpx file to save them or send them to your biker friends

or save them on the bikeroutetoaster site if you are registered after «login».

you also can remove or add last steps on the actual route and remove or add points in saved routes to change them (last function can be labor intensive: it is often easier to save preventive intermediate parts of the route!)

and, and that is very fine, you can contribute to better the view of the base of your work in the 5th and most important system part «bike» because it is based on the free and open source and open data project http://www.opencyclemap.org/ so that you can add ways not being recorded until yet or recorded wrong so that the auto routing will really work right after you amendment in opencyclemap and you are not dependent of a sluggish big institution like google etc.!

i also use a second online cartography system to publish my routes: http://www.bikemap.net/

as i find that it is well organized to publish. you can upload routes saved on you hard disk f. ex. as *.gpx file
and add comments and external points to describe interesting details. it is sometimes really important if the route as season specific good or bad or ugly properties, offers good or cheap hosting opportunities etc. you also can inverse the direction of the route (but not amend automatic details as duty one-way streets!).
Last edited by oui on Mon 16 Jan 2012, 23:24, edited 24 times in total.

oui

[fr] mTpaint et manipulations et impression en cartographie

#4 Post by oui »

mTpaint et manipulations et impression en cartographie

Récapitulatif sans explications:

1x:

Code: Select all

- télécharger et installer gtklp
- régler mTpaint sur gtklp (files > actions >> configure: gtklp %f (au lieu de kprinter %f)
- ev. adapter l'imprimante par défaut
chaque fois:

- élaborer dans la carte les détails dans le navigateur web format maximal
- menu > graphic >> mtpaint snapshot screen capture
- diminuer la taille à 50%
- corriger la carte dans mTpaint
- délimiter un rectangle en tirant la diagonale correspondant à l'extrait voulu
- ctrl+C
- majuscule+ctrl+V
- ev. file > save
- action > print
- ouvrir gtkpl avec gexec
1x (seulement à chaque changement de paramètres d'impression):

- remplir les onglets
Explications:

Préparatifs

a. télécharger gtklp en cliquant sur le lien dans le message précédent et l'installer

b. préparer mTpaint à l'utiliser dans

files >
  actions >>
    configure
en y mettant

gtklp %f
au lieu de kprinter %f

comme proposé par Rhadon dans l'une des discussions.

ce en vu de procéder à une belle impression de mes cartes en grand format couleur ou en gris (pour économiser les cartouches d'encre couleur).

Élaborer la carte du parcours dans Seamonkey

Moi, c'est avec Seamonkey que je travaille de préférence en cartographie.

Seamonkey, le navigateur standard de Puppy, est vraiment très efficient vu la possibilité d'escamoter toutes les barres de commande en peu de clics, ce qui laisse la place maximale sur l'écran pour la cartographie.

Je pourrais même imprimer directement depuis Seamonkey mais pas en format transversal, et, de plus, je ne peux pas affiner quel extrait ni bien remplir la page (le register ‘page setup’ permettrait peut-être de changer de direction d'impression, mais pas pour mon imprimante canon Pixma IP4200, le fait que précisément cette sélection soit en couleur pastelle gris clair montre que cups ne m'en donne pas la possibilité).

Il s'ensuit que la carte n'occupe que le haut de la page et, étant dans le sens le moins favorable, est si petite que l'on a du mal à y lire les noms de rues ou la numérotation des routes et autres détails importants.

Mais la capture d'écran permet de transmettre l'image à mTpaint pour faire le reste:

c. Ceci puisqu'il est possible d'ouvrir Seamonkey en format plein écran et d'en procéder à la capture avec l'application standard dans puppy qui est même en tant qu'icône très pratique directement dans la barre infériemenu > graphic >> mtpaint snapshot screen captureure full à gauche juste à côté de la touche ‘menu’ dans la version lupq511 anglophone (ou accessible via le menu > graphic >> mtpaint snapshot screen capture dans les versions où la dite icône fait défaut dans la barre et sur le bureau).

Une fenêtre miniature surgit alors sur le bureau et me propose 2 options

d. J'opte pour

wait 10 Sec
ce qui me donne le temps de minimiser la fenêtre miniature avant la prise de vue de l'écran qui donnera ma carte géographique

e. mTpaint s'ouvre alors automatiquement et surgit à son tour sur l'écran.

et c'est là que, jusqu'à hier, mon calvaire commençait en raison du formalisme très différent dans mTpaint par comparaison aux autres suites populaires multi-usages telles que Office de M$ ou Open devenu récemment Libre Office :lol:

Manipulations dans mTpaint

Pour l'instant je ne vois qu'un petit bout de la carte géographie sur l'écran dans la fenêtre de mTpaint.

f. 2 clics sur le sélecteur puis l'autre sur la valeur de 50 % dans le champ de pourcentage qui apparait au milieu de la seconde barre supérieure des commandes vont me donner vue d'ensemble sur l'écran capturé

éventuellement:
g. je peux avec

ctrl+G
(équivaut à la fonction: effets > gris dégradé (grey scale)) changer de mode et passer en gris pour économiser de l'encre de couleur

h. je peux maintenant marquer avec la touche gauche de la souris une diagonale qui délimitera un rectangle déterminant le champ de l'extrait de plan qui m'intéresse.

i. puis en cliquant sur l'icône ‘copy’ toujours de la barre intermédiaire (l'icône surmontée du mot ‘image’ dans la barre supérieure) je capture une copie de l'extrait d'image dans le tampon mémoire

éventuellement:
j. et avec l'une des deux icônes de rotation en bout droit de la 3ième barre supérieure, je peux faire pivoter de 90° l'image qui est dans la mémoire tampon, mais ne verrai le résultat à l'étape suivante:

k. puis avec

majuscule+ctrl+V
(équivaut à la fonction: éditer > coller dans un nouveau calque (past to new layer)) l'extrait apparait seul et tourné comme on le voulait dans le nouveau calque

l. enfin avec

ctrl+s
((équivaut à la fonction: fichier (file) > enregistrer (save)) j'aurais alors la faculté de sauvegarder mon extrait seul dans l'état où je le voulais

m. je continue maintenant en ouvrant l'onglet fichier (file)

n. clique sur Actions et opte pour imprimer (print) l'image

Intervention de gtlkp

Et alors, zut, rien ne se passe!

En contrôlant dans cups dans le navigateur sous

http://localhost:631/printers/
force est de constater que j'ai 3 imprimantes dans ma liste, 2 virtuelles et la ma vraie imprimante!

C'est la raison!

Ouvrir alors le programme gtkpl (gestionnaire de réglages de cups amélioré), par ex. avec gexec

onglet general

o. on trouve en haut un champ printer, imprimantes, qui doit être bien réglé! opter pour la bonne imprimante avec le sélecteur

onglet output, sorties

p. Sheet usage, utilisation du papier: on choisira peut-être dans orientation landscape, format transversal, si nécessaire

onglet image

q. scaling, échelle, est un champ très utile permettant d'opter pour sheet relative, relativement à la page, mais la encore il faut jouer avec le sélecteur pour découvrir cette option!

Et maintenant on peut enfin presser sur le bouton en bas à gauche raison de toutes ces tribulations:

print !

salut
Last edited by oui on Wed 16 Feb 2011, 18:20, edited 13 times in total.

oui

[de] mTpaint-Handhabung und Ausdrucken bei Landkarten

#5 Post by oui »

mTpaint-Handhabung und Ausdrucken bei Landkarten

Kurzfassung ohne Erläuterungen:

1x:

- gtklp downloaden und installieren
- in mTpaint Zeiger auf gtklp setzen (files > actions >> configure: gtklp %f (anstatt auf kprinter %f)
- bei Bedarf Default-Drucker anpassen
jedes Mal:

- Karte im Browser unter Nutzung der max. Fenstergrösse bearbeiten
- menu > graphic >> mtpaint snapshot screen capture
- Zoomfaktor auf 50% setzen
- Karte in mTpaint korrigieren
- gewünschter Ausschnitt durch eine Diagonale festlegen
- ctrl+C
- shift+ctrl+V
- ev. file > save
- action > print
- gtkpl mit gexec öffnen
1x (nur wenn man die Druckparameter bearbeiten will):

- die einzelnen Register wo nötig bearbeiten
Erläuterungen:

Vorbereitung

a. download (link in der entspr. engl. Wortmeldung) und installieren wie vorgeschlagen

b. in mTpaint under

files > 
  actions >> 
    configure
als

gtklp %f
anstatt von kprinter %f

erfassen, wie von Rhadon in der Diskussion vorgeschlagen.

und bekam danach einen schönen Ausdruck meiner Karter in voller oder bester Grösse passend zum Blattformat entweder farbig oder in Grautönen (um Farbtinte zu sparen). Vorgehensweise:

die Karte unter Seamonkey vorbereiten

Wie ich arbeite kommt meine Karte aus Seamonkey.

Kartenbearbeitung in Seamonkey, unser Puppy-Standardbrowser, ist deshalb praktisch, weil man flexibel und wenigen Klicks praktisch alles Kommandoleisten gezielt abschalten kann, und damit eine maximal grosse Arbeitsfläche von der Bildschirmfläche zur Verfügung hat.

Ich könnte die Karte direkt von Seamonkey aus zum Drucker abschicken. Nur könnte ich da nur wenig dran verändern. Und schon gar nicht die Papierseite richtig füllen (das Register ‘page setup’ würde mir vielleicht ermöglichen, die Druckrichtung anders zu definieren, als nur ‘portrait’ bei anderen Druckern, aber bei meinem canon Pixma IP4200 ist sie hellgrau eingefärbt und damit zur Einstellung gesperrt).

Damit käme die Karte im Kopfteil des langen Blatts. Und so kann man kaum noch ein Strassennamen oder -Nummer oder sonstwas wichtiges noch richtig von der Karte ablesen.

Snapshot zur Übermittlung des Bilds an mTpaint

c. Nach dem Öffnen von Seamonkey in voller Bildgrösse kann man einen snapshot screen capture mit der Puppy-Standardanwendung durch einfaches Klicken auf dem praktischen Druckknopf in der Nähe der ’menu’-Taste links unten am Bildschirm in lupq511machen, wie ich derzeit (oder mit dem Menu > graphic >> mtpaint snapshot screen capture wenn weder diese Software-Taste noch Ikone da sind).

Ein Minifenster erscheint am Bildschirm und schlägt 2 Optionen vor.

d. Davon nehme ich die Option

wait 10 Sec
um mir die Zeit zu geben, dieses kleine Fenster zu verkleinern, sonst steht es mit später auf dem Bild

e. mTpaint öffnet sich automatisch und erscheint auf dem Schirm.

Von da an fingen bis vorgestern meine grosse Schwierigkeiten an, weil mTpaint ganz anders arbeitet, als beliebte andere Büro-Suiten wie M$ office oder Open alt. Libre Office :lol:

Job in mTpaint

Da sieht man schon einen Auszug aus der Abbildung des bisherigen Bildschirms mit einem Teil meines Wegs auf der Landkarte in mTpaint erscheinen.

f. mit 2 Klicks auf der %-Anzeige, eins auf dem Selektor, und eins auf dem gewünschten Wert von 50 % ist es jetzt möglich, die ganze Karte verkleinert zu übersehen

eventuell:
g. mit

ctrl+G
(entspr. Funktion: effects > grey scale [Grauabstufungen]) kann ich jetzt das Modus umstellen, um Farbtinte zu sparen

h. Jetzt kann ich mit der linken Mouse-Taste in Diagonal einen Rechteck auf der Karte bilden, der die Grenze des gewünschten Bereichs abgrenzt.

i. durch Betätigen der ’copy’-Ikone immer noch in der gleichen Kommandoleiste (direkt unter dem Wort ‘image’ in der Leiste drüber) übernehme ich den Bildauszug in den Speicherpuffer.

eventuell:
j. und mit einer der beiden vorgeschlagenen Bilddrehungsikonen mit den dafür an der rechten Seite der 3. Kommandobefehlsleiste kann ich eine 90 Graddrehung vornehmen, die im Puffer geschieht, deswegen sehe ich sie erst im nächsen Schritt:

k. und mit

shift+ctrl+V
(entspr. Funktion: edit > past to new layer) erscheint der ausgewählte Ausschnitt des Bildes allein und gedreht nach Wunsch in einer separaten Ebene

l. dann mit

ctrl+s
(entspr. Funktion: file > save) ist oder wäre es nun möglich, diesen Zeichnungsauszug wie er ist, abzuspeichern

m. jetzt kommt der file-Register dran

n. auf Actions klicken und print image auswählen.

Eingriffe in gtlkp

Hm, nichts los, nichts passiert!

Nachforschungen unter

http://localhost:631/printers/
ergeben, dass 3 Drucker aufgelistet sind, davon 2 virtuelle Drucker und mein Hardware-Drucker selbst.

Das war der Grund!

Das Program gtkpl (user friendly front end for cups) mit gexec öffnen!

Register general

o. oben das Feld printer muss richtig sein! bitte den richtigen Drucker in die Anzeige bringen

register output, Ausgänge,

p. Sheet usage: you can probably select here the orientation landscape here if needed

register image

q. scaling ist wahrscheinlich das, was Sie brauchen, sheet relative ist voraussichtlich richtig, aber die Auswahlhilfe muss sie zuerst in die Anzeige bringen!

Ja nun, jetzt sind wir am Ziel, und den erreichen wir mit einem Klick unten auf:

print !

salut

puppytutorial

Elaboration of routes on land cards using «bikeroutetoaster»

#6 Post by puppytutorial »

Elaboration of routes on land cards using bikeroutetoaster :

please make a short visit at the main page of bikeroutetoaster because it will give you a short information, that I have not to repeat here about the performance of bikeroutetoaster.

and follow the invitation

Go to the Course Creator and start creating courses!

a. Register and login

In the Course Creator you will find divers index. The main index is the one being left on top of the view with the entries «Courses» «Map» «Summary» «Cue Sheet» (i never use the last part Cue Sheet...). The first jobs are in the right order so that you have to begin with the register «Courses» and LOGIN (or REGISTER, if you are total newbie!). Here you also can introduce an eventually pre existing Route-File such as *.gpx-file to process it more after that! Or you can load, after LOGIN a saved of your routes (or delete them if you have to much!)

b. Prepare your job on the map

of course under the second register named «map»!

I will NOT explain the zooming etc. on maps as it is now usual for all :P .

directly on the top of the right side of the map you find now a new register with 6 divisions «Plan» «Satellite» «Mixte» «Relief» «Street» «Cycle» and it is the same for you creating work: your course appears in all 6 view forms in the same manner!

bikers will probably use «Cycle» or «Satellite» more as the other views!

at beginning you will probably have a view as following on the maximal map with 5 parts on the screen:

part1 - the full screen
part2 - the Seamonkey window on it
with 3..4 bars on the top, bars being easily to make hidden (hit on the little key left of each bar!)
part3 - the main register bar of bikeroutetoaster on the top, not to hidden
part4 - the world map
part5 - the field named «Controls» at the right side and this field, you can make it hidden! sure! but only after you did check and adjust the choices («use auto routing» Y/n, «Google» N/y, «OSM» (= routing according OpenStreetMap) Y/n, «Car» N/y, «Bike» Y/n or «Foot» as you prefer).
introduce your favorite speed and elevation and choice if in miles or km (see following picture!)

after that, you can hit on the pin icon directly left near of the word «Controls» and the big field «Controls» is away of the picture: you have all the room to create your route, only a little field «Controls» stay here to get the controls only at requirement!

if you just maximize your seamonkey window, your screen shows now as that:

(no command bar, no status bar in action)

or, depending of the actual situation

of the small bar hiding keys

or of the right control field (commutation by hitting the pin) :

(second picture: all the screen is available as map to draw your course, inclusive the right field! one command bar visible on top, status bar visible at the bottom! to hide the status bar go to the Seamonkey Index «view» and subregister «show/hide»)

this means you have about all the surface of your screen free to elaborate your route (or picture, if you have other applications!): Seamonkey is the perfect helper in graphic work!

c. Begin the new course

Depending of your settings value and internet connection, bikeroutetoaster can learn in which part of the world you are and offer you by start a realistic view of your country. if not, you see now on all the world! if it is the case and you did already save courses in bikeroutetoaster, you can load one course and find directly this country on the screen with the old course (under «Controls», 2d section «Edit», opt for «New course» / or continue the old one if better!).

if not, you have to zoom in and center the picture until your start point appears on the card in an adequate zooming value.

then, hit on this point with the left mouse key

and define the start point, the green point on the picture!

after that, search the destination of your course and hit on it: the auto routing will now try to define an adequate course according to the choices that you did make (I remember: following OSM for bike).

control the route and if you find it good you are already finish!

in the other case, return to «Controls», 2d section «Edit», opt for «Delete last» and select an intermediate destination to try to make the route better and continue so step by step.

Warning: sometimes bikeroutetoaster auto routing refuses to draw some distance - as bikeroutetoaster uses an foreing open map system his performance depends of the informations given by the open maps and some informations (one way, no circulation) or the connections points can be wrong! in such case, you can help you manually if you disconnect for one or two little steps the auto routing and reconnect it if you see that the problem point is finish!

in difficult parts of the route, you can shut down the auto routing and made the route yourself step after step using for example visible details of the satellite view!

eventually you have to see for to amend yourself the data in OSM but it is an other adventure...

d. See the distance and elevation's values / sheet and save the route:

all that happens in the 3d main register «Summary» and you will find an invitation to download a file in for ex. *.gpx format as well as to save the course on the site of bikeroutetoaster.

bikeroutetoaster need some time to prepare the data to be saved! if you disturb it with impatience, it can happen, that it forget the route! be patient! if it happens, you can envisage a print screen to remember what you did make!

saving is very flexible and have divers options. pls try yourself if they are helpful for you...

e. Finish and take your new route with you on tour:

the main way in that program design is to use a file in a navigations instrument like «Garmin» etc.

i have no navigations instrument any more because it is not really useful in my case and I make views of my routes using the snap shot screen capture function of mTpaint so that I can continue the processing directly in mTpaint (other snap shot programs as «pupsnap» are for this reason not really welcome!)

post 596787 created by user «oui»

Last edited by puppytutorial on Mon 16 Jan 2012, 23:11, edited 4 times in total.

puppytutorial

élaboration de parcours sur carte via bikeroutetoaster :

#7 Post by puppytutorial »

Élaboration de parcours sur carte via bikeroutetoaster :

vu que tout est en anglais sur bikeroutetoaster, je change un peu de texte par rapport à mon message en anglais, car traduire ne donnerait aucun sens. De plus, je ne reproduis pas les illustrations car ceci alourdirait le site de ce forum, et encore plus d'ailleurs cette discussion.

commencer en cliquant sur «Course Creator» pour débuter!

a. D'abord s'enregistrer et se loger:

Vous trouverez dans le «Course Creator» différents index. L'index principal est celui en tête à gauche avec les onglets «Courses» «Map» «Summary» «Cue Sheet» (une partie que j'ignore et n'ai jamais utilisée...). Les autres tâches sont dans le bon ordre, donc on commence avec l'onglet «Courses» et se LOGE (ou par s'enREGISTrER, si c'en est votre toute première utilisation!). Mais c'est aussi là que vous pouvez introduire un de vos parcours éventuellement préexistant à l'état de fichier tel que fichier *.gpx, ce en vue de le retraiter! Important est aussi de se loger pour pouvoir enregistrer vos parcours sur le site ou en effacer de votre collection.

b. Traiter votre parcours sur la carte

sous le second onglet nommé «map»!

Je passe sous silence le maniement du zooming etc. sur carte en l'admettant connu de tous.

En haut, à droite, on trouve alors une nouvelle ligne d'onglets à 6 divisions [/i]«Plan» «Satellite» «Mixte» «Relief» «Street» «Cycle»[/i] dont le contenu, le tracé de votre parcours, reste constant d'une vue à l'autre quand au travail que vous y avez élaboré: votre route y apparait inchangée sur tous ces 6 arrières-plans!

Mais les cyclistes utiliseront sans doute l'arrière plan «Cycle» ou «Satellite» plus que les autres!

Au début, quand la carte apparait, votre écran mon probablement 5 parties:

part1 - la fenêtre de Xwindow contenant tout le reste
part2 - la fenêtre de Seamonkey avec 3 ou.4 barres en haut, barres instantanément escamotables individuellement (cliquer sur le petit pavé-touche à gauche en tête de chaque barre, puis recliquer pour faire réapparaître!)
part3 - la rangée d'onglets principale de bikeroutetoaster en haut à gauche, non escamotable
part4 - la carte mappemonde
part5 - un vaste pavé latéral à droite, nommé «Controls», bien escamotable, lui! Mais avant de l'escamoter, contrôlez d'abord les options
(«use auto routing» Y/n, «Google» N/y, «OSM» (= routing selon OpenStreetMap) Y/n, «Car» N/y, «Bike» Y/n ou «Foot» selon vos préférences).
enregistrer votre vitesse moyenne probable et celle d'élévation et les unités miles ou km (voir illustration suivante!)

- première illustration -

il vous serait possible ensuite de cliquer aussitôt sur l'icone en forme d'épingle juste à droite du mot «Controls» pour escamoter tout le bloc «Controls» de la vue et disposer ainsi de toute la place pour créer votre route: seul un mini-bloc «Controls» subsiste alors pour faire réapparaître au pro rata du besoin les options de contrôle!

mais si vous ne faites que maximiser la taille de votre fenêtre de Seamonkey, votre vue ressemble alors à cela:

- seconde illustration -

(barre des commandes escamotée, pas de barre des status en prise)

ou, ce fonction de la situation actuelle dans la barres des petites pseudo-touches d'escamotage des barres de travail

- troisième illustration -

ou de l'état (caché / visible) du champ de contrôle commutable par épinglement ou non :

- quatrième illustration -

- cinquième illustration -

(cette dernière vue met en évidence la place maximale que dégage bikeroutetoaster au profit de l'activité de cartographie pour dessiner votre parcours, pavé de droite inclus. On voit dans cette vue qu'on a la flexibilité de la faire apparaître selon le besoin une barre de commande de tête, et même la barre de status en bas (que l'on peut, elle aussi esacmoter en alland à l'index de Seamonkey «view» puis dans le sous-registre «show/hide»)

ceci signifie que pratiquement toute la place utile sert vraiment au travail cartographique sur votre parcours (idem pour le traitement d'autres applications graphique!): Seamonkey facilite considérablement de tels travaux car le gain de place peut être décisif pour pouvoir encore zoomer avec finesse!

c. Commencer à tracer le nouveau parcours

Selon vos réglages de connexion internet, bikeroutetoaster peut apprendre à tenir compte de votre localisation sur le globe et vous proposer de but en blanc une vue à un niveau de zoom réaliste mettant en évidence votre région. Sinon, c'est la mappemonde qui apparaît. Toutefois, si vous avez déjà enregistré des parcours, il vous suffit d'ouvrir l'un de vos parcours antérieur pour ne pas avoir à chercher le bon point de chute au bon zoom.

Autrement, il vous sera malheureusement nécessaire de faire ça par tâtonnements.

Puis quand la vue est telle que votre point de départ est bien définissable, cliquez dessus touche droite souris pour le marquer!

- sixième illustration -

c'est le point vert que l'on voit sur cette extrait de la vue.

auteur: oui 20120201 message 596986

Last edited by puppytutorial on Fri 03 Feb 2012, 22:34, edited 6 times in total.

puppytutorial

reserved for a German translation

#8 Post by puppytutorial »

Bearbeiten einer Fahrtroute auf einer Karte unter Benütyung von bikeroutetoaster :

Da in bikeroutetoaster die deutsche Sprache soweit wie die Autoren es wollten, berücksichtigt ist, ändere ich meinen Text etwas gegenüber meinem englischen Text. Ausserdem lasse ich die Abbildungen nicht wieder erscheinen: es sind die Gleichen. Dies würde den Forum und auch diese Diskussion doch über Gebühr belasten.

Man beginnt seine Tätigkeit mit einem Klick auf «Course Creator» !

a. Registrieren und Anmelden:

Auf der Seite «Course Creator», die sich öffnet, finden Sie verschiedene Indexe. Das Hauptindex befindet sich oben links und enthält die Register «Strecken» «Karte» «Zusammenfassung» «Hinweisblatt» (letzteres habe ich nie benützt...). Die ersten Jobs sind damit in normalen Ablauf: Man fängt also im Register «Strecken an» und meldet sich an (oder registriert sich, falls es das erste Mal ist!). Da können Sie aber auch etwaige Streckendateien, so beisp. *.gpx-Dateien, einspielen, um sie weiterzubearbeiten! Es ist wichtig, sich anzumelden, um die Möglichkeit zu haben, ihre Arbeit hinterher auf dem Site zu speichern bzw. welche aus der eigenen Sammlung bei Bedarf zu löschen.

b. Ihre Strecke auf der Karte bearbeiten:

Ich übergehe die übliche Landkartenhandhabung (zoomen usw.) und setze voraus, sie sei allen bekannt.

Rechts oben befindet sich eine weitere Indexzeile mit 6 Registern [/i]«Map» «Satellite» «Hybrid» «Terrain» «Strasse» «Velo»[/i] deren Inhalt, Ihre Strecke, unverändert bei Änderung des Registers bleibt: die gleiche Route erscheint gleibgültig auf welchem Hintergrund!

Trotzdem werden Radfahrer vermutlich herher die Hintergründe «Velo» oder «Satellite» mehr als die anderen benützen!

Bei Start, als die Karte erscheint, erscheinen vermutlich 5 Teile auf ihrem Bildschirm:

Teil1 - das Xwindow-Fernster mit dem ganzen Rest drin
Teil2 - das Seamonkey-Fenster mit 3 oder.4 Kommandoleisten oben; jede dieser Kommandoleisten lässt sich sofort und einzeln aus- bzw. wiedereinblenden (Klick auf der kleinen fast unauffälligen Taste links am Anfang jeder Kommandoleiste!)
Teil3 - die Reihe von Hauptregistern von bikeroutetoaster oben links (nicht ausblendbar)
Teil4 - die Weltkarte
Teil5 - ein grosser Block, rechts, mit der Überschrift «Steuerung», leicht auszublenden! Aber, bitte, bevor Sie das tun, überprüfen und ergänzen Sie zuerst die Optionen («automatische Streckenplanung verwenden» J/n, «Google» N/j, «OSM» (= routing nicht nach Google sondern nach OpenStreetMap) J/n, «Auto» N/j, «Velo» J/n oder «zu Fuss» je nach Ihren Plänen).
tragen Sie Ihre voraussichtliche Durchschnittsgeschwindigkeit, die Steigungsrate, sowie die Einheiten miles oder km (siehe 1. Abbildung ins Englische!)

- 1. Abbildung -

Autor: oui 20120201 Message 596988

Last edited by puppytutorial on Fri 03 Feb 2012, 21:44, edited 3 times in total.

puppytutorial

install «gtklp» if not available on your system!

#9 Post by puppytutorial »

First step - Install «gtklp»

of course, you can proceed to about the same things using directly «cups» by entering following code in the «goto» line of your browser:

http://localhost:631/admin/?op=set-printer-options&printer_name=remplace_here_by_your_printer_name
and adapting the default values

but I find «gtklp» more easy and highly reprodutible!

Check if «gtklp» is already available:

enter

gtklp
in the console and wait a few seconds. if installed, «gtklp» will now appear!

if not, download it, for example from here and install it as proposed!

Second Step - Introduce it into the configuration of «mTpaint»

after starting «mTpaint», you can open the first register «file» and see in the subregister «actions» > «configure»

Then search for the File action line if gtklp is the actual print agent ; if not, actualise it:

if needed hit on the line and amend the entries in the bottom fields of the configurations window.

post 597000 created by user «oui»

Last edited by puppytutorial on Thu 19 Jan 2012, 23:12, edited 3 times in total.

puppytutorial

reserved for a French translation

#10 Post by puppytutorial »

puppytutorial

#11 Post by puppytutorial »

puppytutorial

Re: making a snapshot with mTpaint

#12 Post by puppytutorial »

if you did check if you mTpaint printing agent is the right, you did find a long list of «actions» like

print image

(you now know how to print in mTpaint :wink: !)

and

time delayed screen shot.

Start the time delayed screen shot command:

The already discussed «configure» method includes also a line for the delayed screen shot

You can use both the command in the «puppy menu» > Graphic >> mTpaint snapshot screen capture (one of the last options in the submenu Graphic)

or in mTpaint the way File > Actions >> Time delayed screenshot. An other method is to start it in the console through the CLI:

exec mtpaintsnapshot.sh
(it is a script being in the dir /usr/bin ; you can open it as text to see more about this command...)

You can use the delay time to close or open windows and can open menus or submenus for example to account a step by step processing as I do this thread.

In both cases, your screenshot appears in mTpaint!

More concerning snapshot:

As time delayed working is slow and not always required, divers other scripts exist from puppiers not willing to wait as long. In some Puppy derivates, they are included, in other not. I use the script of the *.pet of this discussion.

post 597048 created by user «oui»

Last edited by puppytutorial on Wed 01 Feb 2012, 13:32, edited 2 times in total.

puppytutorial

#13 Post by puppytutorial »

puppytutorial

#14 Post by puppytutorial »

puppytutorial

exemple no 1: print screen box to add in a forum discussion

#15 Post by puppytutorial »

As «a picture is worth a thousand words» you can often reduce the confusion and discussion using a print screen / screen shot!

problem is, that picture are big consumer of memory and reaction time for the forum engine and your PC monitor.

to avoid to make all that to slow, we will only select the needed screen box where our matter appears and forget the rest of the screen, shrink it as far as possible to let is just readable, and save it in a quality also just adapted to this exigence.

Example of use: print screen box as picture that you want add in a forum discussion

a - after the snap shot, resize the view on the picture and define a box

as related in the precedent message, your screenshot did appear in mTpaint!

the view on your screen is now about as follow:

mTpaint start usually in half size (or less!) and you see only a part of your snaps shot picture.

change the zoom value here:

at 25 % you probably can see all the picture of the all screen in the little opened mTpaint window but you can work better with for ex. 50 %. try yourself...

the icone «make selection» is already selected as default icone!

make selection» is one of a pair of selection's icons and can select boxes ; the second, at it's right side, is for «polygon selections» for more exigent jobs!)

As this «make selection» for a picture box is already active, you only have to mark the diagonal of the wished box to mark and create the box (it is very easy to change very fine the position of that diagonal with the mouse!).

b - take the content of the box into the Copy buffer

After the box is defined and appears in red lines (see next picture, view on the Windows 95 screen, that I will use later to make a new icon for my desktop to start Windows 95 in qemu as you see I already have in black & white on my screen left of the little mTpaint window !) as you want on the picture in mTpaint, copy the content of the box in the buffer using the Copy icon in the icon bar

Immediately the Paste icon in the icon bar looks coloured and shows that the copy buffer contains a valid copy of somewhat:

This somewhat is the content of the box and only so can be processed for transformations and passing to a new layer to make it independent of the initial picture!

(if you want all the content of the initial picture, you can generate the adapted box simply by using the short cut Ctrl+A!)

c - Set the box into a on new layer

press now the short cut combination: Shift+Ctrl+V

(or go through the index register «edit» in the command line of mTpaint to the command «paste to new layer», it is the same!)

the window of mTpaint become immediately divided in two half and in the one you see your box alone in the new layer!

d - Resize the picture

press now the short cut: page Up

(or go through the index register «image» in the command line of mTpaint to the command «scale canvas», it is the same!)

define in the now opened little window the «new width» with a little more than the half of the «original width»

(as the selection «fix aspect ratio» is preselected per default, you don't need to calculate the «new height»: mTpaint calculate it internal if you let the default selection!)

e - Add arrows if needed

If needed

press now the short cut: F3

a selection's windows for brushes appears. with the diagonal brushes, if you only hit on a point of the screen and not draw them, you see now the back of the red arrows I did use in this discussion (if you draw only a bit, you can make a really fat arrow!)

press now the short cut: F3 again

and select now a brush in form of point. if you only hit with precision (it is very easy with only a little experience) on the head of the arrow, you get the point you see on my arrows! if the position does not be adequate only press now the short cut combination: Ctrl+Z : the last element is immediately erased and you can make again better...

f - Reduce the resolution of the new picture and save it

I use always picture in *.jpg format.

The default value to save picture in mTpaint is not *.jpg but *.png. I always have to take care to change it before I save. After this selection, I can select diverses «JPEG Save Qualities». You get on the screen directly an information (100=High). Please don't use this in a forum! 65 .. 70 is in the most situations really enough!

You save as in about all other applications with the short cut Ctrl+S or the usual commands (File > Save or Save as)!

post 597465 created by user «oui»

Last edited by puppytutorial on Thu 19 Jan 2012, 23:15, edited 2 times in total.

puppytutorial

#16 Post by puppytutorial »

puppytutorial

#17 Post by puppytutorial »

puppytutorial

example no 2: fast way to make a new icon

#18 Post by puppytutorial »

as explained in the last part of the last message, I need a pretty icon for my desktop to start Windows 95 (I am using it daily with one old application having no equivalent until yet, named «ways» from the genial Swiss programmer and virtuos pianist Hannes Keller)!

The smart icon was very easy to make!

See now:

As I did change the object of my snap shot in the precedent discussion, my new icon is about finish :wink:

I only have to

- resize it so, that it have later about the size of my other icons

- eventually change the effect with the short cut Ctrl-G (as I whas in Quirky Linux 1.2 having Grey icons) before

- I save it in *.png format in the subdir

/usr/share/pixmaps/ !

finish: I have now a own icon for Windows 95 :idea:

In

/usr/bin/ !

I did place a copy of the script qemu_laucher_script (standard script of the so named qemu PET package!) that I did adapt a bit an rename qemu_laucher_script4win95

cd /mnt/drive_name/qemu_dir_name

qemu -no-kqemu -no-reboot -localtime -m 64 w.qcow -boot c
Pressing on the keys Crtl+Shift, I did drag and drop the icon of the script on the desktop

making a link on the desktop to the script.

Pressing on the right mouse key > File qemu_laucher_script4win95 >> Set icon as a second Rox instance is open on the subdir /usr/share/pixmaps/ I let the new icon in the box of the little menu window as proposed an now I can use Windows 95 all days in Puppy by only one click!

Author: oui

suppl. info: qemu is as fast that I can write without sluggishness and ways translate immediately the entered text in an other language with the same timing as I can remember on the old IBM-PC's using Windows 95!

post 597606 created by user «oui»

Last edited by puppytutorial on Thu 19 Jan 2012, 23:17, edited 2 times in total.

puppytutorial

#19 Post by puppytutorial »

puppytutorial

#20 Post by puppytutorial »