Suggestion for forum: a favourite thread folder

What features/apps/bugfixes needed in a future Puppy
mahaju

Suggestion for forum: a favourite thread folder

#1 Post by mahaju »

I have a suggestion for the forum

I think it will be helpful if there was a way for us to "favourite" a thread that we like, or a thread that contains, let's say, link to a useful file, so that it will be easier to find them later. Sometimes we forget the name of something that we saw in a post somewhere and it becomes difficult to search for it because we do not know what it is called

Right now that only way possible for us to do this (as far as I know), is to make a post in the thread so that it shows up in the list of posts by me. However, for old users of the forum who have thousands of posts, keeping track of a few useful threads this way will be very tiring

Furthermore, if the thread has been locked, there is no way to post a comment in it either

The views of other users will be most welcomed

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#2 Post by Flash »

Why can't you bookmark the thread in your browser? There is even a .pet available with which you can download whole threads to a local storage medium.

mahaju

#3 Post by mahaju »

I could even just save the page to my computer
but if it was available online then I could access it from anywhere

SFR

#4 Post by SFR »

Quasi-solution...

It may be done using Private Messages feature.
It's a bit crazy, but I just tested it and seems to work:

Create new PM (New Post), enter there links of interesting threads and send the message to yourself.
Now, the message is available in Outbox, and you can edit it all the time to add or modify links. After editing, just send it to yourself again.
But, there are few "buts":
1. You can't open copy of this message in your Inbox, because right after that, the message will be moved from Outbox to Sentbox and you'll lose the ability of editing.
2. Deletion of message from Inbox removes it from Outbox also.
3. Moving to Savebox doesn't work - the message becomes uneditable, too.

Thanks to it you'll be able to access your favourite threads from anywhere...but like I said - this solution is crazy :D

Greetings!
[color=red][size=75][O]bdurate [R]ules [D]estroy [E]nthusiastic [R]ebels => [C]reative [H]umans [A]lways [O]pen [S]ource[/size][/color]
[b][color=green]Omnia mea mecum porto.[/color][/b]

Amgine

#5 Post by Amgine »

It is possible to add a Start and Flag to the top of the form.

Flag= Must read

Start= Rank / Fave

I agree, it would be nice..