Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Thu 27 Nov 2014, 10:39
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Derivatives
Dpup Exprimo 5.X.15
Moderators: Flash, JohnMurga
Page 104 of 148 [2207 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, ..., 146, 147, 148 Next
don570

PostPosted: Tue 10 Jan 2012, 21:05    Post subject: audacious 3.0.2  

Have you ever tried Audacious 3.0.2?
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=70855&start=150

...and use it with mp3splt to cut a long mp3 file.

An option in mp3splt is to choose the audio player.

Last edited by don570 on Sat 28 Jan 2012, 16:23; edited 1 time in total
shinobar

PostPosted: Tue 10 Jan 2012, 22:48    Post subject: GetFlash install Flashplayer  

# v0.8 - 11 Jan 2012 shinobar: flashplayer version info (stu90), fix was not able to uninstall

getflash-0.8.pet
http://shino.pos.to/linux/puppy/

pemasu

PostPosted: Wed 11 Jan 2012, 02:11    Post subject:  

Thanks don570. Will do and I test it. Knowing your improvements, I will include it to the next release.
Thanks Shinobar of your updates. Highly appreciated.
pemasu

PostPosted: Wed 11 Jan 2012, 14:52    Post subject:  

Quote:
Have you ever tried Audacious 3.0.2?

Yes I have. I have even packaged it earlier as sfs, I think it was coupled with some ffmpeg version, I dont remember anymore why. There is also separate sfs for audacious dependencies, it dragged really a lot needed dependencies, Too much for my liking. I suppose I should repackage it, without that ffmpeg (older version, than exprimo now have). But...It will have quite low priority in my todo list.
pemasu

PostPosted: Wed 11 Jan 2012, 19:20    Post subject:  

I compiled today ffmpeg-0.9.1 in dpup:
Code:
ffmpeg version 0.9.1.git-5387f99 Copyright (c) 2000-2012 the FFmpeg developers
  built on Jan 12 2012 00:48:53 with gcc 4.4.5
  configuration: --prefix=/usr --cpu=i686 --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libx264 --enable-libfaac --enable-pthreads --enable-small --enable-postproc --enable-libvorbis --enable-gpl --enable-shared --enable-nonfree --enable-libopencore-amrnb --enable-libopencore-amrwb --disable-debug --enable-bzlib --enable-zlib --enable-libspeex --enable-version3 --enable-runtime-cpudetect --enable-x11grab --enable-libdc1394 --enable-libschroedinger --enable-libtheora --enable-libxvid --enable-swscale --enable-libvpx

And latest release, gnome-mplayer-1.0.5 with newer gmtk-1.0.5. I will test them with movies and music next weekend, if they are ok, I will use them and upload next release. I am not sure should I use mplayer2 as in guy dog or mplayer. Does anybody has more experience between them.

I noticed also that Iguleder has removed all dpup pets from his repository, so I have to remove Packages-puppy-dpup-official repo from the next release. I have the stuff I will need with exprimo, but it looks like Iguleder has moved his developing to the next interesting project. I wish we could have his dpup pets and Puppizard and other building scripts back.
gcmartin

PostPosted: Wed 11 Jan 2012, 20:03    Post subject:  

pemasu wrote:
I .... .
Check PM
pemasu

PostPosted: Thu 12 Jan 2012, 15:59    Post subject:  

I think I will go with mplayer2. I managed to suppress one complaint from gnome-mplayer-1.0.5:
Code:
(gnome-mplayer:18718): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: IA__g_object_set_valist: object class `GtkSettings' has no property named `gtk-application-prefer-dark-theme'

It needed editing the main.c and disabling that property which does not exist in gtk version of squeeze.

Gecko-mediaplayer-1.0.5 has been compiled now also. Seems to play net radios.

Ffmpeg-0.9.1 and Pmusic-2.3.0 has behaved together so far....
ffmpeg-0.9.1-Pmusic-2.3.0.jpg
 Description   
 Filesize   122.04 KB
 Viewed   737 Time(s)

ffmpeg-0.9.1-Pmusic-2.3.0.jpg

pemasu

PostPosted: Thu 12 Jan 2012, 16:49    Post subject:  

My problems with my adsl connection is not over. I made phone call to the telephone company and I got response. The technician called me and he started to debug my adsl connection from their site. He found one bigger configuration error, which was not appropriate, created by automatic connection system they have. Then he monitored my adsl line one day. He phoned me again and told that the line has error, and transferred the fixing to the line staff. One guy came to study the big connection box which is beside my house. I wasnt home. My daughters boyfriend let him in and he studied the connection from my adsl box, from my router and then from the box which had them all, telewell adsl-wlan-4 rj 45 cable ports -etc (it was the phone company own old box) which I had bought many years ago. After testing he told that that old box worked best and let it connected. He also told that there is nothing wrong in my line.

When I came home, I tested the connection. That old Telewell didnt connect almost at all. Ping losted about 60-80 packages. Same with wlan and cable. Now I am from where I started. My separate adsl box does not support adsl2+, what ever that means, but I can use outside WAN now.
I am not sure if the uploading is okay or not. I will think about should I buy newer adsl box for sure to get that adsl2+ connection. I will probably call that technician and ask him what that adsl2+ means, is it important for reliable uploading. At least it does not support the connection speed I would have with newer adsl box. I should have 14 Mb connection, at least, but that old adsl supports only about 8 Mb.
I mean incoming speed, outgoing speed has been lowered by technician, it should help with troublesome connections. I think that outgoing connection is about 1.5 Mb/s now. We have optical fibre in whole village, so even phoneline adsl connections are quite speedy.

Oh well. Again one evening struggling with WAN connection.

Last edited by pemasu on Thu 12 Jan 2012, 17:06; edited 4 times in total
Iguleder

PostPosted: Thu 12 Jan 2012, 16:54    Post subject:  

By the way, guys - I owe you a little explanation - I moved all my stuff to another domain, that's why all my old files are gone. I just had no time to back up all the packages repository before the old site went down, so they're lost Crying or Very sad

I'm working on a very big Puppy project at the moment, so it's a big problem for me to fix the problems with my site at the moment.

ICQ Number 
peebee

PostPosted: Thu 12 Jan 2012, 16:55    Post subject:  

Hi pemasu

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asymmetric_digital_subscriber_line

adsl2+ is the latest version of the adsl standards and can give higher speeds....

Cheers
peebee

pemasu

PostPosted: Thu 12 Jan 2012, 17:03    Post subject:  

Code:
Version    Standard name    Common name    Downstream rate    Upstream rate    Approved in
ADSL    ANSI T1.413-1998 Issue 2    ADSL    8.0 Mbit/s    1.0 Mbit/s    1998
ADSL    ITU G.992.1    ADSL (G.DMT)    12.0 Mbit/s    1.3 Mbit/s    1999-07
ADSL    ITU G.992.1 Annex A    ADSL over POTS    12.0 Mbit/s    1.3 Mbit/s    2001
ADSL    ITU G.992.1 Annex B    ADSL over ISDN    12.0 Mbit/s    1.8 Mbit/s    2005
ADSL    ITU G.992.2    ADSL Lite (G.Lite)    1.5 Mbit/s    0.5 Mbit/s    1999-07
ADSL2    ITU G.992.3    ADSL2    12.0 Mbit/s    1.3 Mbit/s    2002-07
ADSL2    ITU G.992.3 Annex J    ADSL2    12.0 Mbit/s    3.5 Mbit/s
ADSL2    ITU G.992.3 Annex L    RE-ADSL2    5.0 Mbit/s    0.8 Mbit/s
ADSL2    ITU G.992.4    splitterless ADSL2    1.5 Mbit/s    0.5 Mbit/s    2002-07
ADSL2+    ITU G.992.5    ADSL2+    24.0 Mbit/s    1.3 Mbit/s    2003-05
ADSL2+    ITU G.992.5 Annex M    ADSL2+M    24.0 Mbit/s    3.3 Mbit/s    2008

Thanks Peebee. Yeah, My old separate adsl box reports using Annex A connection when I let it automatically make configuration. So...I could have Annex M speeds by buying newer adsl box. Then the limits would be what my contract has.
mikeslr

PostPosted: Thu 12 Jan 2012, 18:45    Post subject: iguleder's missing repositories  

Hi Guys,

Regarding iguleder's missing repositories, see my post on the Guydog thread: http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=595885#595885
I would think pemasu and Stu90 might be the best sources for reconstructing anything now otherwise lost.

mikesLr
pemasu

PostPosted: Thu 12 Jan 2012, 19:18    Post subject:  

Yes, I do have packages, which I have used in different woof packages-pet folders, but I dont have whole repository. When I have time, I might create another packages_pet-dpup repository based on Iguleders work. There are several pets I have used.
pemasu

PostPosted: Thu 12 Jan 2012, 19:26    Post subject:  

Yeah, got it now. I do have one woof which have a lot of Iguleders new, bigger set of his packages. Which he created during guy dog time. But the pets are amongst my pets and Barrys pets and all the included pets. So...it will be some job to create dpup only pet storage of them, then create package database file and upload them to the smokey repo, if smokey01 gives permission. I could create pet_packages-dpup, for example to there.
pemasu

PostPosted: Fri 13 Jan 2012, 02:41    Post subject:  

More news. I got the telephone company technician to the phone this morning. Missing adsl2+ causes problem. The line connection from the telephone company end try to rise the connection speed over what my old adsl box gives which leads to the connection drop out and leads to the missing packages. It effectively endangers the uploading. Also I had two dhcpd servers at use (adsl and wlan-router boxes) which negotiated the 2 different ip adress series and there is so 2 NAT processes which exposes to the connection problems to the WAN. So....I should disable the dhcpcd from the adsl box but that does not adress the speed negotiation problem. It can be lowered permanently from the telephone company to what my old adsl box stands for or I buy new box.
Page 104 of 148 [2207 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, ..., 146, 147, 148 Next
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Derivatives
Jump to: