Dpup Exprimo 5.X.15

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
don570

default mhwaveedit configuration file

#1541 Post by don570 »

I got an idea while looking a Tazoc's Lighthouse 503

He puts a mhwaveedit configuration file in his ISO
so that the first time a user launches mhwaveedit
it will have a wide window and less vertical scroll bars.
It's a nice touch!! :lol:

Here's the file he uses ----> /root/.mhwaveedit/config
Note that there is a line for window geometry

Code: Select all

# mhWaveEdit configuration file.
# Automatically generated by mhWaveEdit 1.4.20
# May be hand edited but extra comments will be removed when the 
# settings are saved.
# Remove this file to restore default settings.

tempfilesFP = true
speedReset = false
viewQuality = 128
timeDisplayScale = 0
varispeedConv = 5
tempDir1 = /root/.mhwaveedit
rollCursor = false
mixerUtility = retrovol
showTimeScale = true
showSpeed = false
showHorizontalZoom = false
playerFallback_BigEndian = false
showVerticalZoom = false
speedSmooth = true
speedConv = 0
soundDriver = auto
soundBufferSize = 65536
timeDisplay = 0
mainwinFront = true
recentFiles = 4
drawImprove = true
varispeed = true
playerFallback_SampleSize = 2
autoPlayMark = false
outputStereo = false
useGeometry = true
outputByteswap = false
ditherPlayback = 0
windowGeometry = 50_50_822_292
diskEditingThreshold = 131072
centerCursor = true
soundLock = false
playerFallback_Signed = true
ditherEditing = 1

Last edited by don570 on Thu 19 Jan 2012, 20:09, edited 2 times in total.

jim3630

#1542 Post by jim3630 »

5x11 manual frugal install to ext4 formally troublesome broadcom driver recognized on wlan0., everything tried works so far.

pemasu your pups just get better and better. thanks

stu90

#1543 Post by stu90 »

pemasu wrote:Thanks stu90. Flasher script works great. Something different to offer in next dpup. Thank you. And good to see you back with yad gui work. Highly appreciated. I will package it with menu entry and make installable pet of it.
Cheers Pemasu - i got alot of free time coming up so hopefully get back into Puppy stuff 8)

Here is a little update for flasher flash downloader:

Changed name to flashgot
Added a testing server GUI at startup
flashgot can also be used to see which version of flash you have installed.
Attachments
flashgot.gz
(2.3 KiB) Downloaded 245 times

pemasu

#1544 Post by pemasu »

Thanks stu90. Will test it immediately. First Puppy script which I have seen to inform the version of installed libflashplayer. That is great !

don570

Extract-pet script

#1545 Post by don570 »

I've been tinkering with the Extract-pet script
located at /usr/bin/Extract-pet

yaf-splash can be used to make it more attractive!!

Try it and see if you like it.
Attachments
Extract-pet-improved.pet
(1.23 KiB) Downloaded 347 times

don570

audacious 3.0.2

#1546 Post by don570 »

Have you ever tried Audacious 3.0.2?
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... &start=150

...and use it with mp3splt to cut a long mp3 file.

An option in mp3splt is to choose the audio player.

Last edited by don570 on Sat 28 Jan 2012, 20:23, edited 1 time in total.

shinobar

GetFlash install Flashplayer

#1547 Post by shinobar »

# v0.8 - 11 Jan 2012 shinobar: flashplayer version info (stu90), fix was not able to uninstall

getflash-0.8.pet
http://shino.pos.to/linux/puppy/
Downloads for Puppy Linux [url]http://shino.pos.to/linux/downloads.html[/url]

pemasu

#1548 Post by pemasu »

Thanks don570. Will do and I test it. Knowing your improvements, I will include it to the next release.
Thanks Shinobar of your updates. Highly appreciated.

pemasu

#1549 Post by pemasu »

Have you ever tried Audacious 3.0.2?
Yes I have. I have even packaged it earlier as sfs, I think it was coupled with some ffmpeg version, I dont remember anymore why. There is also separate sfs for audacious dependencies, it dragged really a lot needed dependencies, Too much for my liking. I suppose I should repackage it, without that ffmpeg (older version, than exprimo now have). But...It will have quite low priority in my todo list.

pemasu

#1550 Post by pemasu »

I compiled today ffmpeg-0.9.1 in dpup:

ffmpeg version 0.9.1.git-5387f99 Copyright (c) 2000-2012 the FFmpeg developers
  built on Jan 12 2012 00:48:53 with gcc 4.4.5
  configuration: --prefix=/usr --cpu=i686 --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libx264 --enable-libfaac --enable-pthreads --enable-small --enable-postproc --enable-libvorbis --enable-gpl --enable-shared --enable-nonfree --enable-libopencore-amrnb --enable-libopencore-amrwb --disable-debug --enable-bzlib --enable-zlib --enable-libspeex --enable-version3 --enable-runtime-cpudetect --enable-x11grab --enable-libdc1394 --enable-libschroedinger --enable-libtheora --enable-libxvid --enable-swscale --enable-libvpx
And latest release, gnome-mplayer-1.0.5 with newer gmtk-1.0.5. I will test them with movies and music next weekend, if they are ok, I will use them and upload next release. I am not sure should I use mplayer2 as in guy dog or mplayer. Does anybody has more experience between them.

I noticed also that Iguleder has removed all dpup pets from his repository, so I have to remove Packages-puppy-dpup-official repo from the next release. I have the stuff I will need with exprimo, but it looks like Iguleder has moved his developing to the next interesting project. I wish we could have his dpup pets and Puppizard and other building scripts back.

gcmartin

#1551 Post by gcmartin »

pemasu wrote:I .... .
Check PM

pemasu

#1552 Post by pemasu »

I think I will go with mplayer2. I managed to suppress one complaint from gnome-mplayer-1.0.5:

(gnome-mplayer:18718): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: IA__g_object_set_valist: object class `GtkSettings' has no property named `gtk-application-prefer-dark-theme' 
It needed editing the main.c and disabling that property which does not exist in gtk version of squeeze.

Gecko-mediaplayer-1.0.5 has been compiled now also. Seems to play net radios.

Ffmpeg-0.9.1 and Pmusic-2.3.0 has behaved together so far....
Attachments
ffmpeg-0.9.1-Pmusic-2.3.0.jpg
(122.04 KiB) Downloaded 783 times

pemasu

#1553 Post by pemasu »

My problems with my adsl connection is not over. I made phone call to the telephone company and I got response. The technician called me and he started to debug my adsl connection from their site. He found one bigger configuration error, which was not appropriate, created by automatic connection system they have. Then he monitored my adsl line one day. He phoned me again and told that the line has error, and transferred the fixing to the line staff. One guy came to study the big connection box which is beside my house. I wasnt home. My daughters boyfriend let him in and he studied the connection from my adsl box, from my router and then from the box which had them all, telewell adsl-wlan-4 rj 45 cable ports -etc (it was the phone company own old box) which I had bought many years ago. After testing he told that that old box worked best and let it connected. He also told that there is nothing wrong in my line.

When I came home, I tested the connection. That old Telewell didnt connect almost at all. Ping losted about 60-80 packages. Same with wlan and cable. Now I am from where I started. My separate adsl box does not support adsl2+, what ever that means, but I can use outside WAN now.
I am not sure if the uploading is okay or not. I will think about should I buy newer adsl box for sure to get that adsl2+ connection. I will probably call that technician and ask him what that adsl2+ means, is it important for reliable uploading. At least it does not support the connection speed I would have with newer adsl box. I should have 14 Mb connection, at least, but that old adsl supports only about 8 Mb.
I mean incoming speed, outgoing speed has been lowered by technician, it should help with troublesome connections. I think that outgoing connection is about 1.5 Mb/s now. We have optical fibre in whole village, so even phoneline adsl connections are quite speedy.

Oh well. Again one evening struggling with WAN connection.
Last edited by pemasu on Thu 12 Jan 2012, 21:06, edited 4 times in total.

Iguleder

#1554 Post by Iguleder »

By the way, guys - I owe you a little explanation - I moved all my stuff to another domain, that's why all my old files are gone. I just had no time to back up all the packages repository before the old site went down, so they're lost :cry:

I'm working on a very big Puppy project at the moment, so it's a big problem for me to fix the problems with my site at the moment.
[url=http://dimakrasner.com/]My homepage[/url]
[url=https://github.com/dimkr]My GitHub profile[/url]

peebee

#1555 Post by peebee »

Hi pemasu

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asymmetric ... riber_line

adsl2+ is the latest version of the adsl standards and can give higher speeds....

Cheers
peebee
ImageLxPup = Puppy + LXDE
Main version used daily: LxPupSc; Assembler of UPups, ScPup & ScPup64, LxPup, LxPupSc & LxPupSc64

pemasu

#1556 Post by pemasu »

Version 	Standard name 	Common name 	Downstream rate 	Upstream rate 	Approved in
ADSL 	ANSI T1.413-1998 Issue 2 	ADSL 	8.0 Mbit/s 	1.0 Mbit/s 	1998
ADSL 	ITU G.992.1 	ADSL (G.DMT) 	12.0 Mbit/s 	1.3 Mbit/s 	1999-07
ADSL 	ITU G.992.1 Annex A 	ADSL over POTS 	12.0 Mbit/s 	1.3 Mbit/s 	2001
ADSL 	ITU G.992.1 Annex B 	ADSL over ISDN 	12.0 Mbit/s 	1.8 Mbit/s 	2005
ADSL 	ITU G.992.2 	ADSL Lite (G.Lite) 	1.5 Mbit/s 	0.5 Mbit/s 	1999-07
ADSL2 	ITU G.992.3 	ADSL2 	12.0 Mbit/s 	1.3 Mbit/s 	2002-07
ADSL2 	ITU G.992.3 Annex J 	ADSL2 	12.0 Mbit/s 	3.5 Mbit/s
ADSL2 	ITU G.992.3 Annex L 	RE-ADSL2 	5.0 Mbit/s 	0.8 Mbit/s
ADSL2 	ITU G.992.4 	splitterless ADSL2 	1.5 Mbit/s 	0.5 Mbit/s 	2002-07
ADSL2+ 	ITU G.992.5 	ADSL2+ 	24.0 Mbit/s 	1.3 Mbit/s 	2003-05
ADSL2+ 	ITU G.992.5 Annex M 	ADSL2+M 	24.0 Mbit/s 	3.3 Mbit/s 	2008
Thanks Peebee. Yeah, My old separate adsl box reports using Annex A connection when I let it automatically make configuration. So...I could have Annex M speeds by buying newer adsl box. Then the limits would be what my contract has.

mikeslr

iguleder's missing repositories

#1557 Post by mikeslr »

Hi Guys,

Regarding iguleder's missing repositories, see my post on the Guydog thread: http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 885#595885
I would think pemasu and Stu90 might be the best sources for reconstructing anything now otherwise lost.

mikesLr

pemasu

#1558 Post by pemasu »

Yes, I do have packages, which I have used in different woof packages-pet folders, but I dont have whole repository. When I have time, I might create another packages_pet-dpup repository based on Iguleders work. There are several pets I have used.

pemasu

#1559 Post by pemasu »

Yeah, got it now. I do have one woof which have a lot of Iguleders new, bigger set of his packages. Which he created during guy dog time. But the pets are amongst my pets and Barrys pets and all the included pets. So...it will be some job to create dpup only pet storage of them, then create package database file and upload them to the smokey repo, if smokey01 gives permission. I could create pet_packages-dpup, for example to there.

pemasu

#1560 Post by pemasu »

More news. I got the telephone company technician to the phone this morning. Missing adsl2+ causes problem. The line connection from the telephone company end try to rise the connection speed over what my old adsl box gives which leads to the connection drop out and leads to the missing packages. It effectively endangers the uploading. Also I had two dhcpd servers at use (adsl and wlan-router boxes) which negotiated the 2 different ip adress series and there is so 2 NAT processes which exposes to the connection problems to the WAN. So....I should disable the dhcpcd from the adsl box but that does not adress the speed negotiation problem. It can be lowered permanently from the telephone company to what my old adsl box stands for or I buy new box.