Moving .iso File to Different Computer

Booting, installing, newbie
Lazy JW

Moving .iso File to Different Computer

#1 Post by Lazy JW »

I have downloaded a couple of Puppies to my Acer laptop and have had some issues with creating a bootable USB combo thumb drive. How can I go about transferring the .iso to another machine that 'might' be more agreeable? Can I simply put the .iso on a thumb drive and load it into a different PC?
Thanks,
Joe

steampunk

#2 Post by steampunk »

I just got done downloading an iso. I copied it to a thumbdrive. I then burned my iso from that thumdrive to a dvd. I booted my new dvd. Everything went fine, so copying did not mess up anything in the process. You should be ok copying it wherever.

Amgine

Re: Moving .iso File to Different Computer

#3 Post by Amgine »

Lazy JW wrote:I have downloaded a couple of Puppies to my Acer laptop and have had some issues with creating a bootable USB combo thumb drive. How can I go about transferring the .iso to another machine that 'might' be more agreeable? Can I simply put the .iso on a thumb drive and load it into a different PC?
Thanks,
Joe
Joe it is perfectly fine to move, copy, and email an .iso.
If you have a cd burner why not first burn the .iso to the cd, boot it then from there use the puppy "universal installer" and install it to your USB that way.

Lazy JW

#4 Post by Lazy JW »

Amgine wrote:...
If you have a cd burner why not first burn the .iso to the cd, boot it then from there use the puppy "universal installer" and install it to your USB that way.
I did that and it works fine on my Acer. I have several older PC's that don't like to boot to a thumb drive in the "normal" manner, so I was trying to create a "Combo Format" thumb drive using the BootFlash, but it didn't work. I started a thread elsewhere about it and had some excellent help from Bigpup as he walked me through the procedure. We are thinking it may be a hardware problem, so I want to give it a try on a different machine.
Joe

Amgine

#5 Post by Amgine »

Lazy JW wrote:
Amgine wrote:...
I did that and it works fine on my Acer. I have several older PC's that don't like to boot to a thumb drive in the "normal" manner, so I was trying to create a "Combo Format" thumb drive using the BootFlash, but it didn't work. I started a thread elsewhere about it and had some excellent help from Bigpup as he walked me through the procedure. We are thinking it may be a hardware problem, so I want to give it a try on a different machine.
Joe

Have you tried changing your boot device priority in your bios? 1st boot USB, 2nd boot CD, then hard disk at the end?