Logofor Localisation Project

For efforts in internationalising Puppy and solving problems in this area
RR Koothady

Logofor Localisation Project

#1 Post by RR Koothady »

Hello!

I have created a pre-alpha "Logo" for our "Puppy Localisation Project".

I created it in Inkscape 0.43 and mt Paint 2.2

Eagerly waiting for your comments.
Attachments
pup_loc_logo1.png
(131.02 KiB) Downloaded 1415 times

raffy

Nice, and original puppy

#2 Post by raffy »

Nice work! Maybe names of languages can be written in multiple rows and larger fonts so they remain visible even if the logo is made smaller?

This is the original Puppy, hope it can get into the center:
Cheers!
Puppy user since Oct 2004. Want FreeOffice? [url=http://puppylinux.info/topic/freeoffice-2012-sfs]Get the sfs (English only)[/url].

RR Koothady

A game of sorts

#3 Post by RR Koothady »

Dear raffy

That Puppy is the sketch I made (in Inkscape) based on Barry's original "Pretty Puppy". This "Floral Puppy" is equally interesting. I love to sketch this also.

What I have in my mind is a dynamic game of sorts:

Let's do this logo and circulate it in its native SVG format among all our Puppians from across the world.

The text remains in English in the First Round.

As it gets circulated, each one of us edit the English input designating our language name and replace it with our own native script.

The logo will become a complete wholesome one, only when every language of the world that is writable can be put in natively within "Puppy" itself.

What do you think?

RR Koothady

Lobster
Official Crustacean

#4 Post by Lobster »

I think the sketch is good but needs a second ear and a black nose :)

Also I believe a rainbow represents the flags and colours in the world and is a univeral symbol

If using script - each language should say "Puppy"

SVG can be added as an attachment but drag it into the package on the right - that should turn it into gzip of some sort which is an allowable attachment - actually do we have a rhino-wink tutorial on that?
Puppy Raspup 8.2Final 8)
Puppy Links Page http://www.smokey01.com/bruceb/puppy.html :D

jus407

#5 Post by jus407 »

Lobster wrote:I think the sketch is good but needs a second ear and a black nose :)

Also I believe a rainbow represents the flags and colours in the world and is a univeral symbol

If using script - each language should say "Puppy"

SVG can be added as an attachment but drag it into the package on the right - that should turn it into gzip of some sort which is an allowable attachment - actually do we have a rhino-wink tutorial on that?
hes right about the noise and ear thing but over all good work

RR Koothady

Pup_Loc_Logo SVG

#6 Post by RR Koothady »

Dear Lobster, Jus407:

I was moved by the story of Barry's "Pretty Puppy" and that made me to make an exact sketch of it. The angle in which the head of the Puppy is tilted hides the left ear.

The White Nose is a .PNG distortion. See the attached SVG.

Your interpretation of the colours of Rainbow is right. I wanted the shapes to suggest hands (of us Puppians) reaching from the core 'kernel' that guides us - namely the "Pretty (original lovely) Puppy" which is out there, merged once for all with the mother Nature.

These hands of ours are located with in the boundary of the Globe and we are shrouded by our thousand languages (that is signified by the 'Text' in all languages of the World.)

These hands of ours are streching towards infinity! This is suggested by the Blue Outer Ring - meaning the Sky.

In short:

I wanted to convey the following through this Logo:

We all are of different colours;

United by the Core Kernel that is driven by UNIVERSAL LOVE and COMPASSION. (symbolised by "Pretty Puppy")

We are united in action.

Though divided by languages (till today or may be yesterday) , Puppy has allowed us to act togather by handling all of them in a single Platform.

Though divided by Land and Geography, Puppy has made it possible for all of us to have a United and a Common Journey - that extends our dream toward the Infinity.

Thus, we are provided a HOPE to realise what is called the DIGNITY of the Species into which we were born.

RR Koothady
Attachments
pup_loc_logo.tar.gz
(136.87 KiB) Downloaded 834 times

RR Koothady

Pup_Loc_Logo SVG

#7 Post by RR Koothady »

Dear Lobster, Jus407:

I was moved by the story of Barry's "Pretty Puppy" and that made me to make an exact sketch of it. The angle in which the head of the Puppy is tilted hides the left ear.

Your interpretation of the colours of Rainbow is right. I wanted the shapes to suggest hands (of us Puppians) reaching from the core 'kernel' that guides us - namely the "Pretty (original lovely) Puppy" which is out there, merged once for all with the mother Nature.

These hands of ours are located with in the boundary of the Globe and we are shrouded by our thousand languages (that is signified by the 'Text' in all languages of the World.)

These hands of ours are streching towards infinity! This is suggested by the Blue Outer Ring - meaning the Sky.

In short:

United by the Core Kernel that is driven by UNIVERSAL LOVE and COMPASSION. (symbolised by "Pretty Puppy")

We are united in action.

Though divided by languages (till today or may be yesterday) , Puppy has allowed us to act togather by handling all of them in a single Platform.

Though divided by Land and Geography, Puppy has made it possible for all of us to have a United and a Common Journey - that extends our dream toward the Infinity.

Thus, we are provided a HOPE to realise what is called the DIGNITY of the Species into which we were born.

RR Koothady
Attachments
pup_loc_logo.tar.gz
(136.87 KiB) Downloaded 772 times

RR Koothady

Pup_Loc_Logo SVG

#8 Post by RR Koothady »

Dear Lobster, Jus407:

In short:

We are united in action.

RR Koothady

RR Koothady

#9 Post by RR Koothady »

Hello

I am sorry I seem to have posted this more than once and without the SVG file.

Please bear with me.

Please find the SVG file here.

RR Koothady
Attachments
pup_loc_logo.tar.gz
(136.87 KiB) Downloaded 821 times