Dpup Exprimo 5.X.3.1.10.3 SMP multicore optimized version

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
don570

video report

#381 Post by don570 »

I recently bought an IBM Thinkcenter computer M52
with built in intel graphics

This version of Squeeze works beautifully with it.

Code: Select all

Dpup Exprimo SMP, version 5.X.10.3 on Thu 22 December 2011

Chip description:
 2.0 VGA compatible controller
 Intel Corporation 82945G/GZ Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 02)  
oem: Intel(r) 82945G Chipset Family Graphics Chip Accelerated VGA BIOS
product: Intel(r) 82945G Chipset Family Graphics Controller Hardware Version 0.0

X Server: Xorg
Driver used: intel

X.Org version: 1.7.7
  dimensions:    1280x1024 pixels (338x270 millimeters)
  depth of root window:    24 planes

pemasu

#382 Post by pemasu »

don570. Thank you of the feedback. I will check the packages and updates. I will also fix your posted folder problem. I swapped back to the older dpup stuff and manually went through pet packages and I fixed the distro pet specs when I tried to track latest packages.. There seems to be some swapping happened.

pemasu

#383 Post by pemasu »

Rox right click Search with Pfind. I thought it was removed. We talked about it earlier and I should have removed it but....

EDIT. Found it. It was the pfind pet which installs it. It is Zigberts rox right click addition. So I will need to use pinstall.sh row to make sure it will be deleted when I build with woof..

pemasu

#384 Post by pemasu »

don570. The synaptics driver is not installed, that it means as it tells. Do you use synaptics or some other touchpad driver, like elantech ?
Flsynclient does not work if synaptics driver is not loaded. Also synclient will fail if you try to use it from commandline. Hmm.....

pemasu

#385 Post by pemasu »

I have compiled the latest fotoxx 11.12.2. Seems to work. It will be in my soon uploaded 5.X.10.4 which is small fix and update release.

pemasu

#386 Post by pemasu »

Meaningless double post. Lol. Merry Christmas.

don570

puppy clock 036

#387 Post by don570 »

To pemasu:

I suggest that you switch from pclock to puppy clock 0.3.6

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 537#591537

I just made a change to the font size formula so that the
clock time will show properly in the window.
Last edited by don570 on Fri 30 Dec 2011, 16:39, edited 1 time in total.

pemasu

#388 Post by pemasu »

don570. Got it. Will test.
I found also the reason to the sometimes appearing dbus error when launching Firefox or Seamonkey.
Some mysterious circumstance makes the /etc/dbus-1/session.d directory to vanish. Recreating it, makes dbus happy. dbus-launch shows information it creates instead of that dbus error. And Firefox/Seamonkey is happy.
The main reason to the vanishing directory is absolutely unclear to me, lol.

pemasu

#389 Post by pemasu »

Argh. I have now next version ready, which is probably the last one before I create main Dpup Exprimo with 2.6.39.4 kernel.
But...I forgot to change specs in woof2 for distro name and version. So the version is again Dpup Exprimo 5.X.10.3. Damn it. Lol. I am frustrated now.

I will probably rebuild this version with right version number. But not immediately. I will be too busy still at work. Normally I would have created fixed build, but....I just dont have time atm for it.
Anyway....I want to upload this version which replaces the existing version in smokey01.com repo.

The main updates:
Firefox 9.0.1 with library fix in /etc/profile file.
Radky`s Pup Application updates.PupApps, PupControl,PupSysinfo. They are really nice, useful and functional. Test them. Thank you Radky and thank you that you inform me of your new versions.
New 2Pfx which is xcompmgr/kcompmgr GUI for transparency in jwm. Play with it. Makes transparency options easy with nice GUI. Thank you Argolance.
Puppy speaking clock ( Say Time ) updated.
Pmusic 2.3.0 with streamripper support. Even greater music player-manager-stripper,net radio, etc...Puppy Music Application. Thank you Zigbert.
Don570`s Puppy Clock fixed for wide screens with full window for big numbers.
Some fixes for rox right clicks.
Fotoxx updated to the latest and has possibly support for raw image data. Havent tested.
Firewallstate works now and added, not sure if it was in previous version preinstalled, now it is.
You2pup with movgrap is back. Movgrap will be useful with Pmusic in the future also. Pmusic already has hidden property to play youtube songs.
Wallpapers have some new additions, I again hacked the background_reshape script so that it should not cut the the wallpaper.
Some minor fixes I dont remember anymore....

So...to increase confusion. Reuploaded Dpup Exprimo 5.X.10.3 (I am truly sorry for the version number bug)

Download link: http://smokey01.com/pemasu/DpupSqueeze5 ... o5X103SMP/

Kernel source sfs: http://smokey01.com/pemasu/Kernel_sources/kernel-3.1/

James C

#390 Post by James C »

Looks really good so far....... :)
Attachments
Exprimo 5.X.10.3 (take 2).png
(174.21 KiB) Downloaded 581 times

radky

#391 Post by radky »

A nice gift for the New Year...Thanks pemasu!

Billtoo

Dpup Exprimo 5.X.10.3 SMP multicore optimized version

#392 Post by Billtoo »

I burned the iso to a DVD+R
I haven't made a save file yet, used SFS-Load on-the-fly to get this
far.

Dpup Exprimo SMP, version 5.X.10.3 on Tue 27 December 2011

Chip description:
0.0 VGA compatible controller
nVidia Corporation Device 0de1 (rev a1)
oem: NVIDIA
product: GF108 Board - 1071v1p1 Chip Rev

X Server: Xorg
Driver used: nvidia

X.Org version: 1.7.7
dimensions: 1920x1080 pixels (524x292 millimeters)
depth of root window: 24 planes

No error from Firefox, Nvidia driver working well.
I like the cool wallpaper :)

EDIT:I rebooted and made my save file to a usb hard drive, it's working well.
Attachments
nvidiascrn.jpg
(115.76 KiB) Downloaded 1056 times
Last edited by Billtoo on Wed 28 Dec 2011, 07:07, edited 1 time in total.

smokey01

#393 Post by smokey01 »

Working well here too pemasu.

Thanks & Happy New Year.

backi

#394 Post by backi »

Hi pemasu !

Installed the newest DpupExprimo to Usb stick .

Works fine .... all these problems i reported earlier are gone .
If i will find bugs -problems i will give you feedback .
Good work ......thanks man....

gyro

#395 Post by gyro »

pemasu wrote:I found also the reason to the sometimes appearing dbus error when launching Firefox or Seamonkey.
Some mysterious circumstance makes the /etc/dbus-1/session.d directory to vanish.
I found a "/etc/dbus-1/.wh.session.d" file in the savefile. Removed it, rebooted, dbus service now starts, and the problem is gone.

I am using a frugal install on an NTFS partition, with an ext3 savefile.

gyro

gyro

#396 Post by gyro »

Very interesting...

I just did a fresh frugal install of the latest .iso on the same machine, same partition.

1) During first boot (no savefile), it asked me for keyboard and locale.

2) At the xorg "Probe" / "Choose" screen. I selected "Probe".
With my Intel on-board graphics, this gave me a blank screen.
(I assume that xorg is displaying the resolution selection screen, but for some reason it does not show.) When I press the "Enter" key, it proceeds to the desktop with the default resolution (1280x800, depth 16).

3) No problem with dbus.

I then reboot and create savefile.

1) Boots to desktop with "next boot faster" message and shows extra sfs screen.

2) No problem with dbus.

Reboot.

1) Boots normally to normal desktop.

2) No problem with dbus.

So, has the dbus problem been "fixed"?
Or is it somehow caused by what folk do when they panic at the xorg blank screen?

gyro

pemasu

#397 Post by pemasu »

The /etc/dbus-1/session.d folder exists in main.sfs. I checked that it is not missing. I believe that some circumstance deletes it during usage. It has happened for me only once (with previous 5.X.10.3 version).
And I had savefile created. The .wh ie whiteout file means that there has been set flag, so that the file is not shown (it is deleted), Restoring it just needs that you remove the whiteout file. You cant really delete files or folders from read only main sfs, only flag them as deleted with whiteout files.

Why that happens unintentionally is the mysterious phenomenom. (of course there is explanation for it, but we just dont know that yet). Maybe it is due to some Firefox behavior, or some other app, which needs dbus. I really dont know.

I have made several test builds before I uploaded this latest version. I havent been able to reproduce the problem. With or without savefile and I have used my test versions as my main OS all the time.
So....lets see.....

mikeslr

Ati Radeon Graphics -- Small problem in dialogs

#398 Post by mikeslr »

Hi pemasu & all:

Frugal install of Exprimo 5x10.3 to ext3 partition on Quad-core, 4x Athlon II X4 945, using Ati-Radeo 3100 Graphics. Lighthouse Video report indicates correct driver is in use.
When applications are opened which require input into a dialog box, the input field is obscured by a line. See attached. I can type into the field, and for a moment see the letter I typed, but the line returns almost immediately, obscuring the field and already typed in alfa-numerics.
Opening Frisbee, a large black box initially appears obscuring the "Encryption" and "SSID" sections. After a few moments the box reduces to a black line only obscuring the word "Encryption."
I recall having the same problem in some recent puplet, but don't recall which. Currently, it does not occur in 5x8 smp, but I don't recall if I'm using an alternate version (if there was one) or how I corrected it if it initially appeared.

mikesLr
Attachments
line.jpg
(47.37 KiB) Downloaded 920 times

pemasu

#399 Post by pemasu »

mikeslr. It sounds like your ati graphics and used graphics driver problem. It would be nteresting to hear if the problem vanishes if you compile ati proprietary driver and use it instead.

pemasu

#400 Post by pemasu »

01micko has created nice instantly showing cpu temp tray app. He calls it alpha product but I would say it is already functional and useful. Test it and give feedback if there is something to report.

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=74702