Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Wed 20 Aug 2014, 20:40
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Multimedia
FFConvert - multimedia converter
Page 9 of 15 [223 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 Next
kenbanistu

PostPosted: Fri 04 Nov 2011, 13:39    Post subject:  

Under Wary 5.2 ffconvert's dropdown lists cause my cpu usage to shoot through the roof and my computer becomes very very slow until a selection is made and the list closes, then everything goes back to normal. I don't know if this is a ffconvert problem or a wary problem (I don't have this trouble in puppy 4.3.1) but something somewhere clearly isn't right.

--Ken
rcrsn51

PostPosted: Fri 04 Nov 2011, 13:44    Post subject:  

Run it from the command line and see if it throws up any error messages.
shinobar

PostPosted: Thu 10 Nov 2011, 22:17    Post subject: cpu usage with gtkdialog3 combobox  

kenbanistu wrote:
Under Wary 5.2 ffconvert's dropdown lists cause my cpu usage to shoot through the roof and my computer becomes very very slow until a selection is made and the list closes, then everything goes back to normal.

I can reproduce the issue on Wary-5.2.2 RC.
Seems the gtkdialog3/4 problem on the recent Wary/Racy.
It does not occur on Wary-511.

See also:
http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=71767&start=231

don570

PostPosted: Sat 12 Nov 2011, 12:27    Post subject: combobox bug  

shinobar wrote:
Seems the gtkdialog3/4 problem on the recent Wary/Racy.

Barry Kauler has written about this HERE

PostPosted: Thu 01 Dec 2011, 00:03    Post subject:  

I finally got around to testing this app out and want to say thanks alot for making this shinobar. I really wanted to have the ability to rip dvds and pipe the stdout directly into ffmpeg without having to rip to the hard drive first. With quite a bit of hacking I was able to add that feature to your script. I used code from pdvdrsab & pcdripper to accomplish this. If you tick the checkbox for "use dvd" vobcopy should find the longest title and add that number to the box to the left. You can change that number if you want to rip a different title on the dvd (most times this will rip the main title). I'm guessing there may be some interest in having that feature so I'll attach the revised script here.
ffconvert.jpg
 Description   
 Filesize   72.55 KB
 Viewed   555 Time(s)

ffconvert.jpg

ffconvert.tar.gz
Description 
gz

Download 
Filename  ffconvert.tar.gz 
Filesize  8.68 KB 
Downloaded  254 Time(s) 
shinobar

PostPosted: Fri 02 Dec 2011, 08:20    Post subject: rip dvds  

plinej wrote:
I'm guessing there may be some interest in having that feature so I'll attach the revised script here.

plinej, it's so great!
I will merge your code in next rerease.

shinobar

PostPosted: Sat 24 Dec 2011, 05:18    Post subject: h.264(MPEG4 AVC) with recent version of ffmpeg  

You may need to edit the file ~/.config/ffconvert/ffconvert.rc for h.264(MPEG4 AVC) with recent version of ffmpeg. See the top post.
darkcity

PostPosted: Thu 29 Dec 2011, 13:44    Post subject:  

Hi Shinobar, thanks for making this app, I am running on puppy 5.28. From testing I got these points-

1) running ffconvert from the command line, I also get the error when pressing the preset drop down menu. Also, the message boxes 'loading' do not close - and have to be closed manually.

2) selecting 'WAV audio for CD' preset does not change the audio encoder, which encoder should be used?

3) the 'vorbis' encoder is not recognised by ffmpeg - switching to 'libvorbis' works. does the 'vorbis' option work in any version? if not you could change the preset to 'libvorbis'.

darkcity

PostPosted: Thu 29 Dec 2011, 14:02    Post subject:  

It seems the simplest command works well to make WAV,

Code:
ffmpeg -i inputfilename.mp3 outputfilename.wav

http://archivematica.org/wiki/index.php?title=MP3_to_WAV_using_FFmpeg

so maybe get FFconvert to build that command?

shinobar

PostPosted: Thu 29 Dec 2011, 18:25    Post subject: 'WAV audio for CD' preset is broken  

darkcity wrote:
2) selecting 'WAV audio for CD' preset does not change the audio encoder, which encoder should be used?

Tnx for the report.
The 'WAV audio for CD' preset is broken. Use the 'WAV audio for secondlife' instead.
I do not recommend the code 'ffmpeg -i inputfilename.mp3 outputfilename.wav' because the source is not always match the sampling rate(to be 44100) and channels(to be stereo).

But you need not ffconvert if you burn the audio cd by the pburn. Wink

ferro10n

PostPosted: Thu 29 Dec 2011, 23:24    Post subject: Enhanced Spanish translation for FFConvert
Subject description: plus Portuguese localization

shinobar-san,

I've checked and corrected the existing Spanish translation for FFConvert taken from the .po file included in lang_pack_all_0.9.sfs. I also made a Portuguese translation:
ffconvert_pt_BR.tar.gz
Description  Portuguese translation for FFConvert
gz

Download 
Filename  ffconvert_pt_BR.tar.gz 
Filesize  4.01 KB 
Downloaded  212 Time(s) 
ffconvert_es_enhanced.tar.gz
Description  enhanced Spanish translation for FFConvert
gz

Download 
Filename  ffconvert_es_enhanced.tar.gz 
Filesize  3.99 KB 
Downloaded  217 Time(s) 

darkcity

PostPosted: Fri 30 Dec 2011, 12:15    Post subject: Re: 'WAV audio for CD' preset is broken  

shinobar wrote:
darkcity wrote:

Tnx for the report.
The 'WAV audio for CD' preset is broken. Use the 'WAV audio for secondlife' instead.
I do not recommend the code 'ffmpeg -i inputfilename.mp3 outputfilename.wav' because the source is not always match the sampling rate(to be 44100) and channels(to be stereo).

But you need not ffconvert if you burn the audio cd by the pburn. Wink

Thanks I'll use the 'WAV secondlife' option.

I'm trying different options for burning CDs. I think my CD drive may be breaking or/and Pburn doesn't recognise it. Going to try FFconvert(mp3->WAV) and k3B(Burn) next. Cool

zigbert

PostPosted: Fri 30 Dec 2011, 12:29    Post subject: Re: 'WAV audio for CD' preset is broken  

darkcity wrote:
I think my CD drive may be breaking or/and Pburn doesn't recognise it. Going to try FFconvert(mp3->WAV) and k3B(Burn) next. Cool
Nothing wrong with K3b and FFconvert, but if Pburn could be improved, I am listening....

Sigmund

darkcity

PostPosted: Fri 30 Dec 2011, 12:53    Post subject: Re: 'WAV audio for CD' preset is broken  

zigbert wrote:
darkcity wrote:
I think my CD drive may be breaking or/and Pburn doesn't recognise it. Going to try FFconvert(mp3->WAV) and k3B(Burn) next. Cool
Nothing wrong with K3b and FFconvert, but if Pburn could be improved, I am listening....

Sigmund

Thanks Sigmund. Just testing at moment, it may be a bad drive in this computer Twisted Evil

playdayz

PostPosted: Wed 04 Jan 2012, 12:34    Post subject:  

Hi shinobar. I am working on the Pmusic_Upgrade 002 for Lucid 5.2.8, which replaces the old Multimedia Upgrade. I looked at your configure options and improved my own--it uses ffmpeg 0.8.9.

I was able to convert wmv to mpeg2 by selecting NTSC DVD fullscreen and changing output File Format to mpeg (mpg). Also, I was able to burn wmv to DVD using Pburn 3.4.1. These were the two that you had problems with I think.

I think ffconvert can be a very useful program. If you revise it I suggest possibly including a "Basic" interface that only shows the most popular options--then we could test those all very thoroughly. The Basic interface could include audio to mp3, m4a, flac, ogg and video to mp4, mpeg2, xvid, just for examples.

I got some messages while I was playing around with ffconvert.

1. using the preset MPEG4 Audio I received the following message, and I noticed that there is no m4a in the File Format list.
Quote:
Duration: 00:03:55.12, start: 0.000000, bitrate: 193 kb/s
Stream #0.0: Audio: mp3, 44100 Hz, stereo, s16, 192 kb/s
[NULL @ 0x8064520] Requested output format 'm4a' is not a suitable output format
/root/Loser.m4a: Invalid argument
ffmpeg -i "/mnt/sda1/Users/sunshine/Music/Beck - Mellow Gold/Loser.mp3" -y -f m4a -acodec libfaac -ab 112k -ac 2 "/root/Loser.m4a"
Press [ENTER] to exit :

2. I got a message when I choose aac from the Audio codec menu.

Quote:
Duration: 00:03:14.89, start: 0.000000, bitrate: 184 kb/s
Stream #0.0: Audio: mp3, 44100 Hz, stereo, s16, 128 kb/s
encoder 'aac' is experimental and might produce bad results.
Add '-strict experimental' if you want to use it.
Or use the non experimental encoder 'libfaac'.
ffmpeg -i "/mnt/sda1/Users/sunshine/Music/Beck - Mellow Gold/Pay No Mind (Snoozer).mp3" -y -f mp4 -acodec aac -ab 112k -ac 2 "/root/Pay No Mind (Snoozer).mp4"
Press [ENTER] to exit :

3. I also got the same message as darkcity above when I chose vorbis from the Audio Codec menu.

Quote:
Duration: 00:03:56.69, start: 0.000000, bitrate: 205 kb/s
Stream #0.0: Audio: mp3, 44100 Hz, stereo, s16, 224 kb/s
encoder 'vorbis' is experimental and might produce bad results.
Add '-strict experimental' if you want to use it.
Or use the non experimental encoder 'libvorbis'.
ffmpeg -i "/mnt/sda1/Users/sunshine/Music/Beck - Mellow Gold/Soul Suckin Jerk.mp3" -y -f ogg -acodec vorbis -ab 112k -ac 2 "/root/Soul Suckin Jerk.oga"
Press [ENTER] to exit :

I can work around these messages. I mention them in case you revise ffconvert. Thanks.
Page 9 of 15 [223 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 Next
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Multimedia
Jump to: