Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Mon 20 Oct 2014, 22:26
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Derivatives
Lupufy 005 for Slacko 5.3.3 - One-Click XineDVD and Openbox
Moderators: Flash, JohnMurga
Page 2 of 3 [34 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3 Next
playdayz

PostPosted: Sat 10 Dec 2011, 16:52    Post subject:  

Quote:
md5sum from right click doesnt work in lupufyed racy522. dont know about in slacko

aarf, gtkhash was not in version 002 of lupufy-slacko. It is in the current version 003. Thanks.

Geoffrey, I will move Menumaker and update in version 004. Thanks.
01micko

PostPosted: Sun 11 Dec 2011, 16:53    Post subject:  

Exclamation Important

There is a critical bug with the installation of lupufy-slacko and lupufy-slacko-openbox

The permissions on var and tmp are wrong

tmp <-- 1777

var <-- 777

This can cause problems often with printing.

I have fixed this for the pets I'm uploading to the slacko repo.

If you have installed lupufy-slacko or lupufy-slacko-openbox please run these commands in a terminal:
Code:
chmod 1777 /tmp
chmod 777 /var
This should fix the issue.

Thank you.

NB: Note to ALL packagers:

This is a common problem when a package maker (including sfs files and especially debs) does not check the permissions and ownership of the directories before packaging. It only takes a second to do this and correct. If I have to explain how to do change permissions/ownership you should not be packaging for general consumption!! Ubuntu debs are very sloppy. often the ownership is some one elses Shocked (not on your system so it defaults to 500). This is not a puppy problem however it is the cause of a lot of grief.

playdayz

PostPosted: Sun 11 Dec 2011, 20:44    Post subject:  

Quote:
The permissions on var and tmp are wrong

tmp <-- 1777

var <-- 777

Version 004 of lupufy-slacko and version 002 of lupufy-slacko-openbox correct this problem. They are described in the first message of this thread.
aarf

PostPosted: Mon 12 Dec 2011, 07:54    Post subject:  

racy522 maybe i ran out of space. (15 m out of 47m still reported free) or it was from deleting what i had installed already before adding the pets.
tried a few things and they are working. md5sum for iso, sfs, tar.gz are working from right click now.
dont know if or what the missing dependencies affect. i dont recall doing a dependancy check with lupify002
image-11.jpg
 Description   
 Filesize   22.89 KB
 Viewed   1946 Time(s)

image-11.jpg

image-10.jpg
 Description   
 Filesize   10.09 KB
 Viewed   1894 Time(s)

image-10.jpg

image-9.jpg
 Description   
 Filesize   15.94 KB
 Viewed   1900 Time(s)

image-9.jpg

image-8.jpg
 Description   
 Filesize   15.74 KB
 Viewed   1907 Time(s)

image-8.jpg

ASUS EeePC Flare series 1025C 4x Intel Atom N2800 @ 1.86GHz RAM 2063MB 800x600p ATA 320G
_-¤-_

<º))))><.¸¸.•´¯`•.#.•´¯`•.¸¸. ><((((º>

Last edited by aarf on Mon 12 Dec 2011, 08:40; edited 2 times in total
aarf

PostPosted: Mon 12 Dec 2011, 08:32    Post subject:  

this desktop icon snuck in the backdoor when i wasnt looking. will change it back to its fbpanel -lupify2 icon.
image-12.jpg
 Description   
 Filesize   1.36 KB
 Viewed   1924 Time(s)

image-12.jpg

ASUS EeePC Flare series 1025C 4x Intel Atom N2800 @ 1.86GHz RAM 2063MB 800x600p ATA 320G
_-¤-_

<º))))><.¸¸.•´¯`•.#.•´¯`•.¸¸. ><((((º>
playdayz

PostPosted: Wed 14 Dec 2011, 11:55    Post subject:  

Quote:
dont know if or what the missing dependencies affect.

aarf, That is good information, but I *think* it might be an artifact of Puppy Package Manager, plus I am sure some of the files are truly not there. Lupufy-slacko was created by combining many separate pets and then making sure they were configured as in Lucid. PPM has irritated me by reporting missing dependencies which were actually not missing, just not located where expected by PPM. Trying to satisfy PPM would probably lead to dependency hell and a larger lupufy-slacko. Anyway, if the features of lupufy-slacko are working I am not going to worry overmuch. If you find one that is not working in racy then i will try to make it work in the next version, though I could not add any programs that would conflict with slacko Thanks.
kickstart

PostPosted: Fri 16 Dec 2011, 15:02    Post subject:  

Quote:
Have just tried lupufying Racy. Roxterm appears in the utilities menu but doesn't start when clicked. lxtask is missing completely. Otherwise all the other additional utilities seem to work fine.

Quote:
Thanks kickstart. I can understand about roxterm--there is probably something missing. If you could run 'roxterm' in a console it might tell us what is missing and I could possibly add it. LX Task should be under Menu -> System -> system status and config. i don't know why it wouldn't be there. Could you also try to run that in a console if you get a chance--run 'lxtask' no quotations of course.

Sorry about the delayed reply concerning lupufying Racy 522. I'm a merchant seaman and spend long periods without internet access. I tried running lxtask in a console and it was fine so I looked again in the menu and it was where you said it should be. Just didn't look properly first time! Roxterm didn't run. Here's what I got:-

#roxterm
roxterm: error while loading shared libraries: libdbus-glib-1.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
#

I have just uninstalled lupufy-slacko-002 and replaced it with version 004 but it is exactly the same.
playdayz

PostPosted: Sat 17 Dec 2011, 15:48    Post subject:  

Quote:
In racy
#roxterm
roxterm: error while loading shared libraries: libdbus-glib-1.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Hey kickstart, It looks like racy does not have libdbus-glib. I do not want to add a version of libdbus-glib to lupufy-slacko because Slacko already has one. Let's try this simple fix. Install this pet in racy and see what happens with roxterm. Thanks.
dbus-glib.pet
Description 
pet

Download 
Filename  dbus-glib.pet 
Filesize  81.4 KB 
Downloaded  282 Time(s) 
ravensrest

PostPosted: Sat 17 Dec 2011, 22:01    Post subject:  

I upgraded to Slacko 5.3.1 (which runs great) and then installed http://diddywahdiddy.net/Puppy500/lupufy-slacko-xinedvd-001.pet, but when I tried to run it I got an error message that the libXine.so was too short.
BS
playdayz

PostPosted: Sun 18 Dec 2011, 17:59    Post subject:  

Quote:
I upgraded to Slacko 5.3.1 (which runs great) and then installed http://diddywahdiddy.net/Puppy500/lupufy-slacko-xinedvd-001.pet, but when I tried to run it I got an error message that the libXine.so was too short.

ravensrest, Is it possible that your slacko save file is low on memory? That can cause pets to install improperly. I just installed XineDVD in a fresh 5.3.1 and also upgraded a previous 5.3 to 5.3.1 and XineDVD worked both ways. To find how much memory you have mouse over the icon with 4 bars in the system tray in the lower right corner. 50MB should be enough.

I guess your problem was that XineDVD did not run from the menu and so you ran xine in a terminal?

You should check to make sure you got a good download of the pet. The checksum for lupufy-slacko-xinedvd-001.pet is 0e8c24ebc8280634b87b1006d659125d. If you have lupufy-slacko installed you can check by right-clicking the pet and choosing md5sum. POtherwise open a terminal int he directory that contains the pet and enter
Code:
md5sum lupufy-slacko-xinedvd-001.pet

Also, /usr/lib/libxine.so.1.30.0 should show a size of 309K (316416 bytes) in rox -> properties.
ravensrest

PostPosted: Sun 18 Dec 2011, 22:23    Post subject:  

Thanks, Playdayz, that did seem to be the problem. Increased personal storage by 32 M and it runs perfectly.
BS
darkcity

PostPosted: Fri 23 Mar 2012, 14:25    Post subject:  

added to wiki as i think people used to lucid will find this useful Cool

http://puppylinux.org/wikka/LupufySlacko

darkcity

PostPosted: Sun 25 Mar 2012, 16:48    Post subject:  

using openbox pet

'fppanel configure' has trouble remembering Pplugin and Launch, when you switch various other settings - such as 'tray - true/false'

just a minor thing Cool

playdayz

PostPosted: Sun 25 Mar 2012, 18:24    Post subject:  

Version 005 of Lupufy Slacko is posted in the first message of this thread. Since Slacko 5.3.3 includes PupControl it is removed from Version 005.
mikeslr

PostPosted: Sun 25 Mar 2012, 20:01    Post subject: Half (Almost) Lupufy Slacko -- Launcher Runs under JWM  

Hi playdaz & All;

One of the reasons I like Openbox is that currently wbar doesn't hide. So using openbox with fbpanel enables me to add launcher (which by the way wasn't included among your lupufy apps).
I sort-of Lupufyed Slacko using the pet just to add openbox, and added launcher. Unfortunately, the other pets and sfses I added didn't show up in the menu. (They might have had I read this Geoffrey's post: http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=588058#588058). But instead I switched back to jwm and was surprised ('Surprised') and happy ('Very Happy') to discover Launcher was still active.
So now I have "the best" of both. Just thought others might be interested. And perhaps you could add a pet to just install fbpanel and launcher. (I don't think launcher would work without fbpanel, even though jwm uses its own for the task bar).

mikesLr
Page 2 of 3 [34 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3 Next
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Derivatives
Jump to: