Midori 0.4.3

Browsers, email, chat, etc.
aarf

#21 Post by aarf »

DaveS wrote:
aarf wrote:for anything more than occasional use midori would have to come in portable form so one instance can be accessed from may puppies. it is too time consuming maintaining multiple copies in different puppies and then more at each upgrade/release.
I have it running very nicely as an sfs aarf. Have not linked the config info to /mnt/home/ but it looks simple enough to do so.
before i try, as sfs does it remember changes to bookmarks, history and speed dial ? my understanding of sfs says no. would require a new make of the sfs to store changes. but it is part of the way there, thanks.

DaveS

#22 Post by DaveS »

aarf wrote:
DaveS wrote:
aarf wrote:for anything more than occasional use midori would have to come in portable form so one instance can be accessed from may puppies. it is too time consuming maintaining multiple copies in different puppies and then more at each upgrade/release.
I have it running very nicely as an sfs aarf. Have not linked the config info to /mnt/home/ but it looks simple enough to do so.
before i try, as sfs does it remember changes to bookmarks, history and speed dial ? my understanding of sfs says no. would require a new make of the sfs to store changes.
OK, so sfs is for the Midori program. When it runs it creates a configuration directory at /root/.config. As this is NOT part of the SFS, changes (bookmarks etc) are saved.
This directory could easily be symlinked from /mnt/home/ the same way we usually do with /root/.mozilla/ making everything available to all frugal installations of Puppy you have.
On the other hand, adding /root/.config/midori/ to the sfs SHOULD save changes in exactly the same way as pupsave.sfs does, unless you made it read only.
Spup Frugal HD and USB
Root forever!

aarf

#23 Post by aarf »

DaveS wrote:

OK, so sfs is for the Midori program. When it runs it creates a configuration directory at /root/.config. As this is NOT part of the SFS, changes (bookmarks etc) are saved.
This directory could easily be symlinked from /mnt/home/ the same way we usually do with /root/.mozilla/ making everything available to all frugal installations of Puppy you have.
On the other hand, adding /root/.config/midori/ to the sfs SHOULD save changes in exactly the same way as pupsave.sfs does, unless you made it read only.
ok thanks Dave i'll look into it.
edit: the other thing i can do with my portable opera is also use it from pussy linux. havent tried to do that with a sfs. pussy uses squashfs.

aarf

#24 Post by aarf »

this page will consistently crash midori without flashlayer being active. (15 m free space.)

scsijon

#25 Post by scsijon »

duplicate post, for once!
Last edited by scsijon on Tue 06 Dec 2011, 22:21, edited 1 time in total.

scsijon

#26 Post by scsijon »

well, i'm using it now on a wary522 without problems, and even logging into here as well as other sites are working, nothing in my qt error system either,

but xerrs.log is stating
"
(midori:15895) libsoup-CRITICAL **: soup_message_io_pause: assertion 'io != NULL' failed
(midori:15895) libsoup-CRITICAL **: soup_message_io_unpause: assertion 'io != NULL' failed
"
since I don't have a Libsoup pet, I take it it's in your package, although I can't find it with a search, ?or is it something that's been forgotten to take out or a dependancy listed for the pet.

and aarf's page loaded up ok

tomo3

Re: Midori 0.4.2

#27 Post by tomo3 »

Just downloaded. Looking forward to trying this... I like Midori, Damn... so fast. Little unstable, no crashed. :P :P

---------214X-top9(libc & libglib UP)------------
Attachments
midori-214X.jpg
(49.06 KiB) Downloaded 2093 times

Tman

#28 Post by Tman »

sc0ttman wrote:I thought my system (Akita) would be too old, seems that it is:

Code: Select all

# midori
midori: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/midori/libcookie-manager.so: undefined symbol: g_tls_certificate_get_type
Although the vast majority of libs and stuff in Akita is now from Wary512... So I expect it will not work in Wary 5.1.x as well....?

If I can to the bottom of this Midori error, I might find that I missed something when updating to a Wary 'core'...
I get the same error message for SolidPup 5.1.1 :(

jemimah

#29 Post by jemimah »

I've compiled Midori 0.4.3, this time against webkitgtk-1.4.3, which seems to have fewer issues, and it's a little smaller.

I didn't build gnutls statically this time so you should install that first.

http://www.smokey01.com/jemimah/saluki/ ... 5-i486.pet
http://www.smokey01.com/jemimah/saluki/ ... 3-i486.pet

---

You'll probably need this updated glib as well:

http://www.smokey01.com/jemimah/saluki/ ... i-i486.pet

Digital_Dissident

What About the Repos?

#30 Post by Digital_Dissident »

jemimah wrote:I've compiled Midori 0.4.3,[...]
What about the repos?

Latest Midori I can find in them is 0.3.5 in "slackware-1337-slacky".

"slackware-13.37-salix" shows 0.3.3

JIGNESH_MODI

midori Crash

#31 Post by JIGNESH_MODI »

my midori crashes
when i enter mail.yahoo.com
so any suggestion?

Dewbie

#32 Post by Dewbie »

Took Midori 0.4.3 for a test drive; first time with this P2 / 350 / dial-up.
Launches quickly, but otherwise lags as badly as latest Mozilla builds.

Pelo

Midori 0.43 default browser of Saluki 023

#33 Post by Pelo »

Midori 0.43 default browser of Saluki 023. So far, no crash. Just missing flashplayer for you tube. Flashplayer is installed for the firefox i use beside Midori (Midori is for the fun of making tries).
Midori crashes shortly before pages are loaded
There appears to be an issue with Glib 2.16. The recommended solution is to upgrade your Glib package to 2.18.
Flash doesn't work
Starting with WebkitGTK+ 1.8.2 (Midori 0.4.7) Netscape plugins are now supported if they're installed in Application Data\Mozilla\plugins or bin\Plugins in Midori's folder (ie. NPSWF32.dll for Flash).
Linux :
The official Flash plugin is called libflashplayer.so .
You can either run that above line and run Midori in the same terminal afterwards or, for the long term, put it in ~/.bash_profile or /etc/profile.d or your respective distribution's place for this.
Any idea about flashplayer for Midori 0.43 ?
Last edited by Pelo on Fri 04 Apr 2014, 16:09, edited 2 times in total.

Semme

#34 Post by Semme »

Try symlinking to ~/.mozilla/plugins.

Pelo

symlink og fireofx plugins

#35 Post by Pelo »

symlink og fireofx plugins. I tried that. But i must tell you i am not a champion of Linux. Apparently my tries get no effect, good or bad. I am reading Midori information on their site right now.

:) But i Have Firefox ready to go, waiting enteriing on the grass.If Flasplayer not working with Midori, I am not going to fall ill.

I am surprised enough with the performance of the version 0.43 on Saluki. It does not break! see that here if you click !

Semme

#36 Post by Semme »

Try adding this >> http://wiki.xfce.org/midori/faq#flash_doesn_t_work to your /etc/profile.

Semme

#37 Post by Semme »

Work'n fine here on >> 0.4.6..

Pelo

Saluki and Midori are two words which go together very well

#38 Post by Pelo »

No need using beside Firefox ?
Facebook has a security prohibition.
Error - http://www.google.fr/url?q=https://fr-f ... _fpLZYRJ1w

The page 'http://www.google.fr/url?q=https://fr-f ... _fpLZYRJ1w' couldn't be loaded.

Peer failed to perform TLS handshake

Pelo

new version 0.5.8 seems no longer having bugs

#39 Post by Pelo »

new version 0.5.8 seems no longer having bugs (Slim X-Slacko)
Attachments
midori.jpg
(37.34 KiB) Downloaded 372 times

s243a

#40 Post by s243a »

Semme & Palso, where are you getting this more recent versions and do they run on Wary?