Gnome Wave Cleaner 0.21-16 (32 & 64bit)

Audio editors, music players, video players, burning software, etc.
plinej

Gnome Wave Cleaner 0.21-16 (32 & 64bit)

#1 Post by plinej »

http://gwc.sourceforge.net/

I couldn't get the mpg123 support to work so it's compiled without it. The 0.21-15 & 0.21-16 packages seem to have something wrong with the audio playback source files so I copied the ones from the 0.21-13 source package. Without this the playback doesn't seem to work but it still compiles. I also modified the configure script so it doesn't compile with pulse audio since that seems to break it too. You may have to change the audio playback to "/dev/dsp" in "Settings/Miscellaneous" to get playback to work or delete the config files at $HOME/.gnome2/(gnome_wave_cleaner & gwc) and try again.

The 32bit version was compiled in Lucid. You need to install the fftw pet for this to work. Also, the dev files are posted for fftw incase anyone needs it. For some reason the waveform displays kind of funny in the normal view but displays fine in the spectral view. It seems to work okay though.

The 64bit version: I had to compile a bunch of gnome libs since they weren't included in Fatdog like they are in Lucid. Instead of posting a bunch of separate packages I'll just post the necessary libraries in one pet. I'll probably post the separate gnome packages and dev files somewhere else. The initial posting I forgot to include the gconf package which gwc depends on. You can get it in the Fatdog repository but the libs aren't stripped and all the dev files are in it as well. I repackaged it and will post it below.

I posted the modified source code to get it to compile correctly by copying the audio playback files from the 0.21-13 source code and hacking the configure script so it won't try to compile with pulse audio or mp3 support via mpg123. I added a build script as well.
Attachments
gconf_DEV-2.9.91-x86_64.pet
repackaged from Fatdog repository
(91.64 KiB) Downloaded 325 times
gwc-0.21-16-x86_64.pet
compiled in Fatdog64-521
(171.59 KiB) Downloaded 363 times
gwc-0.21-16-i686.pet
compiled in lucid puppy 528
(157.29 KiB) Downloaded 443 times
Last edited by plinej on Wed 16 Nov 2011, 02:29, edited 11 times in total.

`f00

#2 Post by `f00 »

Useful utility. Thanks and good to see you back :D

plinej

#3 Post by plinej »

added a 64bit version

vovchik

#4 Post by vovchik »

Dear plinej,

Using Lucid, I downloaded the 32-bit versions of fft and gwc and installed. I already have an mpg132 installed that I compiled from svn source a few days ago. When loading a wav file, the gwc prog would freeze up. I got "read had a problem, -1" in the terminal and a fatal segfault popup. I then downloaded the source - same version as you used -, recompiled gwc and now get much of the same. Any advice?

With kind regards,
vovchik

plinej

#5 Post by plinej »

I don't remember testing the 32bit version. I'll boot into lucid today and test and possibly recompile.

plinej

#6 Post by plinej »

Alright, the 32bit version has been updated. Read the first post for information. It's not perfect but it seems to work. If the normal display would work it'd be great but it must have something to do with some libs in lucid. I'm going to recompile the 64bit 0.21-16 version now.

plinej

#7 Post by plinej »

updated the 64bit version to the latest version

vovchik

#8 Post by vovchik »

Dear plinej,

I just tested the 32-bit version. It works fine with wav files that are rather standard (except mono with low sampling rate) but saves something weird back - noise - with mp3 - and nothing with ogg (complains about the ogg lib). Still, it works! Thanks.

With kind regards,
vovchik

PS. What was your ./configure line, BTW?

plinej

#9 Post by plinej »

So it works with a standard wav file for you? Does the waveform display funny? My configure line was:

--prefix=/usr --enable-ogg --disable-mp3 --enable-alsa --disable-pa

The disable-pa didn't seem to work so I modified the configure script so it wouldn't compile with pulse audio. I opened a couple of wav files with the 32bit version in lucid and it seemed to work okay. I didn't try ogg though.

vovchik

#10 Post by vovchik »

Dear pliney,

The waveform is displayed normally,at least in what I have tested:) Oddly, the alsa setting did not work - and you enabled it in "configure"!. It also failed in my own compile, where I also enabled alsa. I tried with hw:0,0 - my default - and got an error. However, /dev/dsp works fine. In any case, an 80%-working gwc is much better than nothing, so thanks again.

With kind regards,
vovchik

plinej

#11 Post by plinej »

I couldn't get the alsa to work in the 32 bit version either. Maybe something incompatible with the alsa compile or version in lucid? The 64bit version seems to work fine for me with "plughw:0,0". It's weird though that the waveform display is messed up for me in Lucid and working for you. I even rebooted with a pristine install and it was messed up.