Dpup Exprimo 5.X.15

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
pemasu

#1121 Post by pemasu »

Extract-txz script failure is due to squeeze tar version. Slacko has 2 binaries tar. In /bin/tar*

If you copy them over and so replacing squeeze tar binary version and adding that other tar binary with numbers, the Extract-txz version works.

I have now fixed almost everything. I need to know now what tar binaries should I use with Exprimo. Busybox version does not handle Extract-txz either.

Just grap them from Slacko, lol.

Edit. I believe that Slacko has accidentally 2 versions of tar. Anyway just the tar binary and symlink for its version number works fine with Extract-txz in Exprimo.

Hmm...would there be idea to compile latest version ?

pemasu

#1122 Post by pemasu »

Tar binary from debian sid fixed the Extract-txz functionality. Installing the pet tar binary will be replaced.

Pet created with stu90`s makepet script from over the directory rox right click dir2pet.
Attachments
tar-1.26.pet
(147.3 KiB) Downloaded 339 times

edoc

#1123 Post by edoc »

Got nuts here, finally started work on the 2-yr delayed home addition.

Anyhow, did get a chance to copy the three OS files for 5.X.8 over the 5.X.7 ones and re-used the Save File.

Everything appears to be working fine.

I also loaded the Seamonkey PET - sure appreciate that as my tired brain just wasn't up for a browser/e-mail app change just now. It also appears to work fine.

Interestingly Flash content brings up that "f" icon rather than automatically loading -- I like that level of control - however, some others here may not want that on their computers. Is there a simple way to get Flash content to open to the first page?

Thanks for 5.X.8 and the Seamonkey PET!
[b]Thanks! David[/b]
[i]Home page: [/i][url]http://nevils-station.com[/url]
[i]Don't google[/i] [b]Search![/b] [url]http://duckduckgo.com[/url]
TahrPup64 & Lighthouse64-b602 & JL64-603

pemasu

#1124 Post by pemasu »

New woof has been uploaded. I am not sure if it has fix for usb booted pet installation problem. Shinobar or someone else probably will give feedback. It represents Barrys new Pupcamera, automatic udev handling for different kind usb connected media detections. I have understood that even phones have been detected. It will replace gtkam gui app. I have now done a lot rox right click fixing and updating. Not sure if everything is in place but they are better now. Rox right clicks updating is exhaustive work. I give 10000 points for don570 of his splendid job with them. I am so accustomed to them that Puppy without them feels barebones.

I start to upgrade my installation for new woof. So that latest improvements by Barry and the reported needs for fixing will be included to the next version. I am gonna do my job with leisure space. Not gonna take pressure for uploading. So...next version will be uploaded when I am ready.

DaveS

#1125 Post by DaveS »

Just a quick note of thanks for Right-Clicks from me too. Like you say, barebones without.
Spup Frugal HD and USB
Root forever!

jim3630

#1126 Post by jim3630 »

not going to try any jokes since seldom "translate" in print. just have a relaxing time maybe a canoe out on the lake? still have your pics from summer time.

Tman

#1127 Post by Tman »

pemasu wrote:Rox right clicks updating is exhaustive work. I give 10000 points for don570 of his splendid job with them. I am so accustomed to them that Puppy without them feels barebones.
Although I appreciate all of the work that has been put into Rox right-clicks, whenever I encounter a situation, where Rox right clicks does not offer the app that I need, I just modify the Open With menu.
Just right-click on a specific file and choose customise. A folder will open up for you, then you just drag symlinks of .desktop files or scripts to that folder, and rename those symlinks to whatever you like. I find it much easier.

pemasu

#1128 Post by pemasu »

Tman. That is an option for individual tuning. And nice to have reminder of it also. Anyway...they are not right clicks. They are right-left clicks :D
And there is no file format association. You have same right-left click for every situation. Yeah...I know. To have rox right clicks for every possible application and checking mechanism, which checks if the application is really present...and show only those choices which are available. That would be something.

Tman

#1129 Post by Tman »

pemasu wrote:Tman..they are not right clicks. They are right-left clicks :D
That is true; I have modified Rox right-click myself, but for apps that use various extensions, eg. document viewers, pic viewers, mediaplayers, I find it much easier to add them to the Open With menu. Guess I'm a bit lazier than you in that regard.

johnnywinner

#1130 Post by johnnywinner »

pemasu wrote:Edit. I believe that Slacko has accidentally 2 versions of tar. Anyway just the tar binary and symlink for its version number works fine with Extract-txz in Exprimo.
The Slackware package for tar contains tar-1.13 along with tar-1.26. The pkgtools rely on certain quirks in tar 1.13 to work properly, and generally will be the only thing using it.

pemasu

#1131 Post by pemasu »

Thank you of the confirmation. I just mounted the Slacko iso and didnt boot it.
One mystery solved.....thousands still unsolved....but....42
What do you get if you multiply six by nine"?

"Six by nine. Forty two."

"That's it. That's all there is."

"I always thought something was fundamentally wrong with the universe"

Iguleder

#1132 Post by Iguleder »

pemasu - if you wanted packages ... here they are. Lots of them, all built automatically and extra small :wink:

This includes Firefox, Pidgin, Abiword, Gnumeric and all the other big applications we love and appreciate :)
[url=http://dimakrasner.com/]My homepage[/url]
[url=https://github.com/dimkr]My GitHub profile[/url]

pemasu

#1133 Post by pemasu »

1000000 thanks Iguleder. I surely start to inspect them. And most highly will use them. Really great.

Iguleder

#1134 Post by Iguleder »

pemasu, here are my latest files used to build the puplet I'm working on now.

It includes three things, the Woof I used (vanilla from yesterday), the Woof files plus a custom script I wrote for Woof and my build kit.

My custom script takes all repositories Woof already processed in 0setup and keeps only the first match of each package, so you can order repositories by priority and Woof picks the right packages on its own. This way, I added the Debian Backports repository before the Debian repository of my country - I get maximal download speeds and packages in the main repository are replaced with their Backports replacement automatically, without having to hack Woof to have support for this.

The build kit was used to build all packages I uploaded previously.

EDIT: OMFG, a show stopper! It seems that the Squeeze backports repository lacks xserver-xorg-input-kbd and xserver-xorg-input-mouse; both depend on packages that don't exist in Squeeze at all, so X starts but you can't use the keyboard or a mouse.

I wrote build scripts for both and built the latest versions on top of a Squeeze base, against the Squeeze backports X and now it works. This isn't hacky, because I just build a package missing in the repository. :)

I installed both on a testing build that had the non-responding keyboard and mouse issue, now it works. I'm rebuilding my puplet with both at the moment - if it works, I'll upload it :D
[url=http://dimakrasner.com/]My homepage[/url]
[url=https://github.com/dimkr]My GitHub profile[/url]

pemasu

#1135 Post by pemasu »

Testing now guy dog dpup. Making notes about the usage and the stuff it has. It just works !!!
Missing Rox though.

smokey01

#1136 Post by smokey01 »

pemasu, I have been having trouble getting my little netbook to record sound.

It's an Asus 1015PEM. I had previously tried Puppeee and Lucid-528 without success.

Your 5X8 worked OOTB. Wireless, broadcom, and recording.

Very happy me.

Psip 1.2 also works very well on it.

Thanks again, and to Iggy too.

James C

#1137 Post by James C »

pemasu wrote:Testing now guy dog dpup. Making notes about the usage and the stuff it has. It just works !!!
Pretty fast too.

pemasu wrote:Missing Rox though.
Seems strange with no Rox..... :lol:

jim3630

#1138 Post by jim3630 »

James C wrote:
pemasu wrote:Testing now guy dog dpup. Making notes about the usage and the stuff it has. It just works !!!
Pretty fast too.

pemasu wrote:Missing Rox though.
Seems strange with no Rox..... :lol:
stranger no right click to open pets, isos.
----

liking 5x8 all the more

edoc

#1139 Post by edoc »

Just loaded on two laptops ... smooth install!

Notes:

1. I tried to import the savefile from 4.9.9.1 and the update app ran but there were apparently settings in that savefile which were incompatible as it created some weird anomalies - so I deleted it and rebooted - everything was good.

2. I loaded the Seamonkey PET, again smooth load. I then symlinked my "portable" Seamonkey folder to the /.mozilla folder, edited profiles.ini accordingly, and everything (Address Book, Bookmarks, old E-mails, etc.) were picked up fine.

3. Skype (Beta) also loaded fine on the Netbook on which I had previously reported a successful load of 5X8.

4. LibreOffice also worked fine on the Netbook - I am about to try it on this old Panasonic Toughbook CF-29 laptop.

Thanks again for a real solid Puplet!
[b]Thanks! David[/b]
[i]Home page: [/i][url]http://nevils-station.com[/url]
[i]Don't google[/i] [b]Search![/b] [url]http://duckduckgo.com[/url]
TahrPup64 & Lighthouse64-b602 & JL64-603

myke

keucr module on Dpup Exprimo

#1140 Post by myke »

pemasu,
Just to say I tried Dpup Exprimo and keucr module is not present.

myke
AA1 D255E-keucr slacko 5.3;luci;mijnpup; tw-os; with:Emacs,gawk,noteboxmismanager,treesheets, freeplane, libreoffice, tkoutline, Sigil, calibre, calendar. magic&Noteliner(wine), kamas (DOS)