Dpup Exprimo 5.X.15

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
pemasu

#1101 Post by pemasu »

Backi. I am glad that you get net connection problems sorted out. I know that you know, but maybe not all others, so....that script is meant for PUPMODE=13. PUPMODE=12 is normal hdd frugal install and that script wont help. The saves are written straight to the savefile. But usb installation is different. Saves are done only at intervals or not at all if interval=0. Then you can shut down with that script instead of normal saving shutdown. It has one quirk also. But nothing serious I think.

Code: Select all

#Unionfs layers setup by this script...
#unionfs layers:                RW (top)    RO1             RO2          PUPMODE
#full install, flash drive:      tmpfs       PDEV1                                    3
#First boot (or pfix=ram): tmpfs                               pup_xxx.sfs    5
#pup_save is a partition:   PDEV1                              pup_xxx.sfs    6
#ditto, but flash drive:       tmpfs       PDEV1              pup_xxx.sfs    7
#Normal running puppy:    pup_save.3fs                    pup_xxx.sfs   12
#ditto, but flash drive:       tmpfs       pup_save.3fs    pup_xxx.sfs   13
#Multisession cd/dvd:        tmpfs       folders(tmpfs2) pup_xxx.sfs   77 ,(13+64)
Last edited by pemasu on Wed 12 Oct 2011, 19:14, edited 1 time in total.

DaveS

#1102 Post by DaveS »

Pemasu... I dont know how this happens, but there are a three entries in /root/.flsynclient, clickfinger1, clickfinger2, and clickfinger3. They should all have a default setting of '1', but clickfinger3 is set to '2'. This is not configurable via the GUI.
With ckickfinger3 = 2, some touchpads (all of mine) go absolutely crazy, copying and pasting blocks of text when only highlighting was required, firing of clicks and doubleclicks for no reason, loading programs when the mouse cursor passes over icons etc.
It is a well known problem through all Linux distros, and simply fixed by changing the default value to '1', but I dont know how you would do that for a new install.
Spup Frugal HD and USB
Root forever!

pemasu

#1103 Post by pemasu »

DaveS. I remember that you posted about it before. Only solution I know of, is to include preconfigured /root/.flSynclient to the build. And hope it will not be overwritten when you first time save your settings.
/usr/bin/flsynclient is binary, you cant change its default settings without compiling it again and hacking the source. Or it takes the default from synclient which is also binary. My included synclient is from wheezy...so it is newer than squeeze one. Of course there could be script to execute synclient with that change: synclient ClickFinger3=1
When you first time use Flsynclient and save it, there is that change also saved.

Flsynclient is just front end for synclient....or thats how I have thought of it.

DaveS

#1104 Post by DaveS »

pemasu wrote:DaveS. I remember that you posted about it before. Only solution I know of, is to include preconfigured /root/.flSynclient to the build. And hope it will not be overwritten when you first time save your settings.
/usr/bin/flsynclient is binary, you cant change its default settings without compiling it again and hacking the source. Or it takes the default from synclient which is also binary. My included synclient is from wheezy...so it is newer than squeeze one. Of course there could be script to execute synclient with that change: synclient ClickFinger3=1
When you first time use Flsynclient and save it, there is that change also saved.

Flsynclient is just front end for synclient....or thats how I have thought of it.
Interesting as it comes up clickfinger3 = 1 in Slacko and Racy, though as we know, Slacko has its own problems just now with touchpads.
All a bit of a black art this touchpad issue :)
Spup Frugal HD and USB
Root forever!

pemasu

#1105 Post by pemasu »

DaveS. Yeah. The missing information for me is...From where the initial configuration is derived from. Knowing that, it would make possible to try to edit it. I dont know what conf files, binaries, dev rules there are which affects and from where the initial configuration comes from. Wiser, smarter, better looking and younger person is needed. Help.

pemasu

#1106 Post by pemasu »

Stu90`s frisbee-manager-0.0.2 has been reuploaded to the my initial post also. I remind you to update to use that version. It fixes the state recognition bug.

I dont have need for it, but there seems to be clear need for that kind nice disabling app for Frisbee. Sniff.....

Thanks stu90. And thanks to you all. I have already uploaded a lot stuff to the Exprimo repo. I will soon post the updated pet-packages-exprimo-official database file.

pemasu

#1107 Post by pemasu »

Lol. Stu90. I believe you have packaged slightly wrong your frisbee-manager-0.0.2 pet. When you extract it, it extracts to 2 folders, root folder has folder 1 and sda2 and inside them is the frisbee-manager-0.0.2 folder. I repackaged the pet in my earlier post.

soundNICK

Re: Dpup Exprimo 5.X.8

#1108 Post by soundNICK »

hey Pemasu !

Well I tried last night, and this x-primo works good with my dual core.

Now I have problem with the launcher, which is... ALT - Esc to start it
if I remember... well... the nice menu block pops up, and has what I
was looking for - a URL space... here is the problem... whatever URL
I type in doesnt seem to go anywhere by clicking icon it makes ?

Usually for launcher icons I used PRISM which isnt supported for
the built in seamonkey... in fact, they stopped prism developing.

Any help with the launcher you know ?

soundNICK / official crack snowpuppy tester extraordinaire

MoebusNet

5.X.8 system report

#1109 Post by MoebusNet »

Pup-SysInfo Summary Report, Wed 12 Oct 2011

=== BASE SYSTEM ===

PC Manufacturer: Acer
Product Name: AOD255
Serial Number: LUSDE0B0050415A7541601
UUID: 9CE64E36-829C-B19C-2111-1C750816BE33

Linux Kernel: 2.6.39
Operating System: Dpup Exprimo-5.X.8
Window Manager: jwm

=== BIOS ===

Vendor: Acer
Version: V3.08(DDR2)
Release Date: 10/07/2010
ROM Size: 2048 kB

=== CENTRAL PROCESSOR ===

Intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU N450 @ 1.66GHz

=== COMPUTER MEMORY ===

total used free shared buffers
Mem: 1023980 919968 104012 0 46984
Swap: 0 0 0
Total: 1023980 919968 104012

=== DISPLAY ===

Monitor Name: LP101WSB-TLN
Screen Resolution (pixels): 1024x600
OpenGL renderer: Mesa DRI Intel(R) IGD GEM 20091221 2009Q4 x86/MMX/SSE2
X.Org version: 1.7.7

VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation N10 Family Integrated Graphics Controller
oem: Intel(r)PineView Graphics Chip Accelerated VGA BIOS
product: Intel(r)PineView Graphics Controller Hardware Version 0.0

=== DRIVES: HDD ===

HDD-1 (sda)
Model Number: TOSHIBA MK1665GSX
Serial Number: 70QMB0TFB
Firmware Revision: GJ002J
device size with M = 1024*1024: 152627 MBytes
device size with M = 1000*1000: 160041 MBytes (160 GB)

HDD-2 (sdb)
device size with M = 1024*1024: 0 MBytes
device size with M = 1000*1000: 0 MBytes

HDD-3 (sdc)

HDD-4 (sdd)
Attachments
DpupExprimo5.X.8.jpg.gz
(54.23 KiB) Downloaded 307 times
Acer Aspire One D255-2301 (N450 Atom @ 1.6 Ghz, 1 Gb RAM, 160 Gb HDD w/WinXP, ENE SD card reader, Alps touchpad) 5.28/5.3.1 via manual-frugal ext4 USB flash drive (4Gb) using GRUB4DOS

pemasu

#1110 Post by pemasu »

Good morning soundNICK. My first army quality distro tester, when I created my first puplet, SnowPuppy. Great to hear about you.

About your question. I seem to have slime in my brains in this morning. I hope coffee ( a lot of coffee) will help eventually.

I am not sure what application is question of. Somekind launcher application or JWM tray launcher ?
Of course I will try to help and I am usually eager to reason and try to understand what is the problem. But now I am a little at loss.

Anyway. Nice that you downloaded Exprimo, used it and gave feedback.

Cheers soundNICK.

pemasu

#1111 Post by pemasu »

Shinobar has found bug, probably with recent aufs. Barry`s report based on Shinobar`s findings:

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 969#571969
USB boot, installing PETs has a problem. It seems that recent version of aufs has a problem, exhibited in both Wary with 2.6.32 kernel, and Racy with 2.6.39.4 kernel.

Shinobar reported it, see post:
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 735#572735

The script installpkg.sh goes into /usr/local/petget, gunzip it and make it executable. Attached:

EDIT
I have decided to revert this change, so please ignore the attachment.

I found that the script does work for me, but there is another problem with it, that will need attention. For now, leave as-is.
The bug causes that in usb booting situations, the pet installations fails, not always, but depending on hardware. It causes that installed files which are written straight to savefile, are not found alright. Pet installation fails with usb booted situations, in PUPMODE=13

I am afraid this affects Exprimo and Next dpups also. They use recent aufs in their kernels.

And stu90 reported that my reuploaded frisbee-manager-0.0.2 pet is also defective. I might have packaged wrong version or dir2pet after 6 hours of work in my frugal installation just have gone grazy. I cant test the pet within 8 hours. I check it when I am back home in the evening.

stu90

#1112 Post by stu90 »

Expriom 5x8 working well here - few modifications. 8)

soundNICK

pesky launcher(!)

#1113 Post by soundNICK »

pemasu wrote: /clip/
I am not sure what application is question of. Somekind launcher application or JWM tray launcher ?
Of course I will try to help and I am usually eager to reason and try to understand what is the problem. But now I am a little at loss.
Cheers soundNICK.
...unfortunately this time, it seems Ive uncovered something you had nothing to do with(!). This function is part of Enlightenment desktop_ not something you included on purpose I think_ plus, they seem to be going thru versions without documenting them, and I found nothing on web to help fix this problem.

Yes, it is called the "Everything Launcher", started with Alt / Esc... too new
I guess to be working right(!). Sorry to bother you on this Pemasu, but
otherwise good to see you again !

pemasu

#1114 Post by pemasu »

Soundnick. Everything launcher. I havent used that, but you could check from runtt21 great manuals if there is something about it. You find a link from Macpup thread. There is a lot good information about e17 anyway. I will play with it soon.

About frisbee-manager. Yeah...I did load accidentally the defective version. Nothing wrong with dir2pet. I created the working version but uploaded the wrong one. I should always change the version number, lol.

I upload here the right one. My earlier post has been reuploaded also.

I will check now if there more posts about that usb boot pet installation problem.

Iguleders posted Wbar works fine. Wbar seems to be much more usable now. No more need to edit manually the content of wbar. Nice gui manager to do it.
Thanks Iguleder.

Stu90. Slight modifications. :D :D People should pet their desktops, so I could feel how it feels to use desktops like Daves or stu90, lol.
Attachments
frisbee-manager-0.0.2.pet
(1.83 KiB) Downloaded 344 times

don570

review of Dpup Exprimo 5.X.8

#1115 Post by don570 »

review of Dpup Exprimo 5.X.8

1) FBReader should have right click options

2) mkdated backup doesn't work with files
with whitespace in name

3) The right click option for folders has two similar
entries - Search inside and Search with Pfind

4) 'Set as wallpaper' right click option needs an icon

don570

review of exprimo 5x8

#1116 Post by don570 »

5) 'Extract here' for .bz2 files did nothing :cry:
Tip: use pupzip to unpack bz2 files

6) When I tried to extract a .txz file from Slackware
I got a 'failed' message. I didn't have that problem
with my latest right click package for Lucid puppy.
I believe I got my script to extract from Scottman.

7) When I tried the right click for
/root/puppy-reference/video/Download.avi
all I saw was a black screen.

8 ) htm and html files have two similar right click menu
items

9) zathura_gui needs updating to version 1.9

10) Is my backup application for pupsave files
worthwhile??
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=71976

Last edited by don570 on Sat 15 Dec 2012, 19:46, edited 2 times in total.

pemasu

#1117 Post by pemasu »

Don570. Have I missed Fbreader right clicks ? I thought I had added them.
If not, I definitively add them. I know you posted the pet for them.

Set as wallpaper, yeah I know. It was last minute addition. Call it laziness.

Duplicate entry for search. I remove another one. Which one do you have in your right click pet. I will remove the other one.

And. Next right click.... the makepet handles right click pet making. The makepet script has been made by stu90. I just added rox right click properties for it. Pet making has never been easier than with that script.
The right click will have dir2pet as right click option when you right click over directory.
Not profoundly tested so feedback is welcome.
Attachments
makepet-0.0.1.pet
(919 Bytes) Downloaded 527 times
Last edited by pemasu on Thu 13 Oct 2011, 20:33, edited 3 times in total.

don570

#1118 Post by don570 »

I use 'Search inside' for folders.

For partitions I forget???
and I just spent several days upgrading it.:oops:

pemasu

#1119 Post by pemasu »

About your second right click post. It is good that someone tests them and I can fix the non working ones.

I will check the .bz2 problem and the .txz script. I check the script in your pet.

About download.avi. I didnt quite understood. .avi right clicks for playing surely works.

don570

#1120 Post by don570 »

about download.avi
I'll check again tonite.