pMusic 6.0.0

Audio editors, music players, video players, burning software, etc.
zigbert

#901 Post by zigbert »

Version 2.1.7
See main post

Changelog
- New pic in Default theme for radio-stream.
- Decreased spacing in right-click menu.
- Minor improvements in Classic preset.
- Show genre-list for metatags alhabetically.
- Show name of file in Export progress.
- Simplified the setup of preferred souncard. (thanks to playdayz)
- Removed the BOUND_ALSA option.
- Moved settings from 'General' to 'Playback. in preferences.
- Do not stop playing when starting Burn process.
- NLS: Changed: LOC802
- NLS: Removed: LOC809, 810

Stripe

#902 Post by Stripe »

hi Zigbert

have downloaded 217 and installed it in slacko 4.9.X.7 (B5++)
just played a few mp4 files and seems to work great, will keep testing and report if I find any probs

hope this helps

don

edited to add: running in 4.9.9.7 (B5) as well works just as well in here, will keep you informed

rodin.s

pmusic tray applet source code

#903 Post by rodin.s »

I would like to translate pmusic tray applet. Maybe add gettext to it. But I need source code for this. Where can I find it?

playdayz

#904 Post by playdayz »

In the multimedia menu (JWM) you'll also find a item 'CD player/ripper' which is nothing else than Pmusic with a optimized gui for CD-audio.
Yes! That is it exactly. Thanks. This is pretty much the perfect CD player! I am playing cd's again just for fun ;-)

I wonder if it would be possible to get the Pmusic Preferences/Menu in pmusic_CD (to change the soundcard, for instance)?

Add: 2.1.7 worked perfectly as cd player/ripper.. It found no lyrics to The Doors Hello, I Love You, though??? It found album art, but no Artist discography either. Does it need a library or program that 3HD might be lacking?

Also, Yes! 2.1.7 changed soundcards with no trouble.

What I am doing is preparing a Super Multimedia Upgrade Version 2 for Lucid and 3HD which will include the latest Pmusic and Pburn.

zigbert

#905 Post by zigbert »

Stripe wrote:hi Zigbert

have downloaded 217 and installed it in slacko 4.9.X.7 (B5++)
just played a few mp4 files and seems to work great, will keep testing and report if I find any probs

hope this helps

don

edited to add: running in 4.9.9.7 (B5) as well works just as well in here, will keep you informed
Feedback is the best way to improve any program, and to motivate the developer :)

Thank you for your effort
Sigmund

zigbert

Re: pmusic tray applet source code

#906 Post by zigbert »

rodin.s wrote:I would like to translate pmusic tray applet. Maybe add gettext to it. But I need source code for this. Where can I find it?
Here you are.
Attachments
pmusic_tray.c.gz
(1.05 KiB) Downloaded 180 times

playdayz

#907 Post by playdayz »

Very tiny buglet

If I eject a CD and then insert another one and press Read CD before the CD icon has shown up then the tracks are not identified. Pressing Read CD again fixes that (once the cd icon is present).

Very tiny buglet 2

If I change the soundcard, the Speaker Channel options are not automatically changed. For instance, the second soundcard needs to be controlled by DAC, but the Speaker Channel options are still the same as for the first sound card. I know this seems picky and it is--probably nothing can be done--it won't affect most people. The second sound card is an M-audio so I might need to install alsa-tools which has the mixer for the m-audio card. Retrovol can't handle it either. All it means is that I need to use alsamixer to control volume.
Attachments
tiny1.png
(32.84 KiB) Downloaded 405 times

zigbert

#908 Post by zigbert »

playdayz wrote:I wonder if it would be possible to get the Pmusic Preferences/Menu in pmusic_CD (to change the soundcard, for instance)?
It had to be a unique preferences window with only the playback options. I will add it to my todo-list, but with low priority.
playdayz wrote:Add: 2.1.7 worked perfectly as cd player/ripper.. It found no lyrics to The Doors Hello, I Love You, though??? It found album art, but no Artist discography either. Does it need a library or program that 3HD might be lacking?
No it does not require any other backends than wget. I have seen that Musicbrainz fails to give a result, but at next run it does......

As an alternative, I recommend to edit meta tags for Artist to only 'Doors' and Title to 'Hello' OR 'I love you'. Then use the big button 'Search for info' Like this you get the correct spelling, and most likely the same spelling is used in the lyrics databases. BUT, this should not be necessary for CDs as they sends their disc-id to musicbrainz and that is unique.

Sigmund

zigbert

#909 Post by zigbert »

playdayz wrote:Very tiny buglet

If I eject a CD and then insert another one and press Read CD before the CD icon has shown up then the tracks are not identified. Pressing Read CD again fixes that (once the cd icon is present)
If the reading of a disc fails, there should be a message in the statusbar. Does this happen to you?

Regarding buglet 2, it is hard for me to think anything without having 2 soundcards available for testing. Today, Pmusic has only 1 value for selected speaker (name of channel in mixer). To meet your request it needs an array to connect speaker with card. This is a bit beyond the scope at the moment. Sorry for that.

Sigmund

playdayz

#910 Post by playdayz »

This is a bit beyond the scope at the moment.
As I said, they were tiny things, of no significance. Installing alsa-tools gives a mixer than retrovol can use. The other tiny buglet doesn't happen every time and when it does, click Read CD solves it. Pmusic just gets better and better.

zigbert

#911 Post by zigbert »

Playdayz
Your attached image shows
(10:56
So, I looked through my CDs to find a track longer than 10 minutes. 'Keeper of the seven keys' should do.

[...]

Yes, confirmed.
We need a fix.

Sigmund

zigbert

#912 Post by zigbert »

Ok. (10:56 is now fixed.

But I think your right about that retrieving info from musicbrainz fails for CDs. I need a dive...

Sigmund

zigbert

#913 Post by zigbert »

Playdayz
I find lyrics and discography to fail only if there is a comma in album-name. Is that the same as your experience?

Sigmund

zigbert

#914 Post by zigbert »

Ok, comma in album name for CD-audio confuses musicbrainz. I have made a fix for lyrics and Album-info. Artist-info is harder, and I have not been able to come up with a decent solution. But as Marillion would say it. 2 out of 3 ain't bad.

Sigmund

zigbert

#915 Post by zigbert »

Version 2.1.8
See main post

Changelog
- Bugfix: Show correct length-syntax for CD-audio tracks over 10 mins. (thanks to playdayz)
- Bugfix: CD-audio only: Comma in album-name wouldn't show lyrics or album info in track-info window. (thanks to playdayz)

rodin.s

i18n-pmusic_tray.

#916 Post by rodin.s »

Thank you for the file. I have added gettext to it and have made Russian translation.
Attachments
pmusic_tray.c.gz
source code with gettext
(1.14 KiB) Downloaded 225 times
pmusic_tray-0.1.pet
i18n pmusic_tray with pot-file and Russian translation
(4.16 KiB) Downloaded 250 times

pemasu

#917 Post by pemasu »

I think that I will create pet.specs for Pmusic-2.20 in advance. :D

01micko

#918 Post by 01micko »

:lol:
pemasu wrote:I think that I will create pet.specs for Pmusic-2.20 in advance. :D
Puppy Linux Blog - contact me for access

str4y

#919 Post by str4y »

I could never make heads nor tails of Pmusic. When I tried it years ago, I said to myself, "You can't just drag files over from a Rox window? Huh? This isn't integrated into Puppy.".. plus once I finally figured out how to play a file there was like, no means of moving around one's position within the file-- making it rather useless to me as I usually am listening to spoken word that's a half-hour or more in length. "Whatever, forget that.." gxine was the main player included with Puppy at that time, and suited me fine except for very small things.
So I haven't bothered since then, but just yesterday had a fresh install booted and hadn't put in my fave apps yet, and the kids working the coffeeshop put on thoroughly insipid pop music which had me lunging for my headphones, then something to fill them with. Not keen on Pmusic saying something about rifling through "my music collection" (I'm sure you don't phone-home with it, but I just on principle want nothing compiling a db on my sound files-- it just isn't necessary) I checked out what --help on the cmd line would offer me, and sure, looked simple enough to simply play a song from the directory I opened the term window in. The filename started with 0036_ so I did:

Code: Select all

#pmusic 0036*
grep: /root/.pmusic/tmp/playlist: No such file or directory
mv: cannot stat `/root/.pmusic/tmp/playlist': No such file or directory
/usr/local/pmusic/gui_add: line 4: /root/.pmusic/tmp/filebrowser_dir: No such file or directory
cat: /root/.pmusic/tmp/browser: No such file or directory
mv: cannot stat `/root/.pmusic/tmp/playlist_tmp': No such file or directory
kill: usage: kill [-s sigspec | -n signum | -sigspec] pid | jobspec ... or kill -l [sigspec]

kill: usage: kill [-s sigspec | -n signum | -sigspec] pid | jobspec ... or kill -l [sigspec]

xwininfo: error: No window with name Pmusic_sources exists!
EXIT="Exit"
/usr/local/pmusic/func: line 19:  8291 Terminated              $APPDIR/pmusic_tray
/usr/local/pmusic/func_player: line 15: /root/.pmusic/tmp/PLAYLIST: No such file or directory
/usr/local/pmusic/pmusic: line 317:  8297 Killed                  $GTKDIALOG -p Pmusic_sources -G +"$CLASSIC_X"+"$CLASSIC_Y"
# /usr/local/pmusic/func_progressbar: line 60: echo: write error: Broken pipe
grep: write error: Broken pipe
/usr/local/pmusic/func_progressbar: line 78: echo: write error: Broken pipe

# 
# 

# pmusic 0030*

/usr/local/pmusic/func: line 583: /root/.pmusic/tmp/RIGHT_MENU: No such file or directory
xwininfo: error: No window with name Pmusic_sources exists!
EXIT="Exit"
/usr/local/pmusic/func: line 19:  9490 Terminated              $APPDIR/pmusic_tray
# /usr/local/pmusic/func_progressbar: line 60: echo: write error: Broken pipe
grep: write error: Broken pipe
/usr/local/pmusic/func_progressbar: line 78: echo: write error: Broken pipe

#
I suppose this was whatever version shipped with Lucid 528, so please ignore this and accept my apologies for all my blatherings if you've fixed it.

zigbert

Re: i18n-pmusic_tray.

#920 Post by zigbert »

rodin.s wrote:Thank you for the file. I have added gettext to it and have made Russian translation.
Great stuff!
I have not yet decided how I should include this....
I made a link to your post in the 'Pmusic language support' thread, so others (and me) can find your improvement.

Thank you
Sigmund