[SOLVED] Problem with Perl - exiftool

Using applications, configuring, problems
Luluc

[SOLVED] Problem with Perl - exiftool

#1 Post by Luluc »

Suddenly, exiftool no longer works. Just like that. Consequently, fotoxx is not working properly. I run exiftool on the command line and get this error:
puppypc[355-0]/> exiftool
Can't locate lib.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/perl/5.10.1 /usr/local/share/perl/5.10.1 /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.10 /usr/share/perl/5.10 /usr/local/lib/site_perl .) at /usr/bin/exiftool line 24.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/bin/exiftool line 24.
I hate Perl and have no idea where to start. Can somebody help?
Last edited by Luluc on Mon 03 Oct 2011, 15:12, edited 1 time in total.

muggins

#2 Post by muggins »

@Luluc,

which pupversion & which version of fotoxx? I seem to recall this has to do with perl being in a different location with some pupversions.

Luluc

#3 Post by Luluc »

I finally solved this.

As it turns out, I have been running Puppy with lupu_devx_525.sfs and kernel_src_L4-2.6.33.2-patched.sfs loaded at boot for a long time, ever since I had to install VMware/VMplayer. Then I realized this and decided I didn't need them anymore and removed them from the bootup.

Yeah, well, I THOUGHT I didn't need them anymore. Apparently, Perl is somewhat broken without lupu_devx_525.sfs. Perl and exiftool work fine again as soon as I enable lupu_devx_525.sfs and reboot.

Bottom line: exiftool is a 2 MB pet, but I have to load a 139-MB .sfs at every boot, or I can't use exiftool.

Pathetic.