Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Mon 01 Sep 2014, 08:27
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Derivatives
Puppy Crypt 528
Moderators: Flash, JohnMurga
Page 1 of 4 [57 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3, 4 Next
DPUP5520

PostPosted: Sun 02 Oct 2011, 00:43    Post subject:  Puppy Crypt 528
Subject description: An Updated Puppy Crypt

Puppy Crypt 528 is a remake of the old Puppy Crypts but turned in a new direction. Where as the old Puppy Crypt was designed more for simply encrypting files on your computer and having a few more communication and office applications, Puppy Crypt 528 is geared more towards keeping you as anonymous as possible online with as little technical knowledge needed as possible download link is here
Puppy Crypt 528
MD5sum 3e6f330b8405928a8a56f8b3b9d2ed52 Puppy_Crypt_528.iso
Puppy Crypt 528 Apps List
Puppy Crypt 528 Quick Tutorial
Puppy Psip 1.2 Hot-linked from smokey01's site

Edit: Quick Warning I thought I should mention. I do not take responsibility for any wrongdoings done with Puppy Crypt, it is for legal uses only and was put out to demonstrate how you can quickly and securely anonymize yourself online.
Freedom_Openvpn.png
 Description   
 Filesize   107.92 KB
 Viewed   6785 Time(s)

Freedom_Openvpn.png

Freedom1.png
 Description   
 Filesize   105.69 KB
 Viewed   5369 Time(s)

Freedom1.png

Last edited by DPUP5520 on Thu 27 Oct 2011, 00:05; edited 6 times in total
calexand

PostPosted: Sun 02 Oct 2011, 01:27    Post subject:  

Sounds great! Keep us posted...
CA
jim3630

PostPosted: Sun 02 Oct 2011, 14:44    Post subject:  

looking forward to it. what kernel are you planning?
P123

PostPosted: Sun 02 Oct 2011, 14:53    Post subject:  

I am glad this is being updated, as the last version had too many bugs, so I only used it once. Whereas the second last version I used regularly.
DPUP5520

PostPosted: Sun 02 Oct 2011, 17:24    Post subject:  

Im planning on using a base 528 just like he did with all the older versions, removing anything I consider unsecured (sylpheed , fpm2, etc) and replacing with secure encrypted versions ( thunderbird with enigmail , better av, pidgin w/otr ,torbrowser, and so on). It will use ICEWM as the windows manager just like PupRescue. A good chunk of the programs are Java based so it is going to play a big part here and will include JCE integration for cryptographic functions. I was considering making it so that there is no choice to save at shutdown but that would create too much of a pain for people that don't know how to edit and repackage their SFS to keep their own preferences for email, chat, and irc.
Tman

PostPosted: Sun 02 Oct 2011, 20:00    Post subject:  

Sounds good. I'm a fan of IceWM. Please consider these themes ( so I don't have to add them myself, lol ).
Icewm-Themes-sp-1.3.pet

Last edited by Tman on Sun 23 Oct 2011, 23:46; edited 2 times in total
jim3630

PostPosted: Sun 02 Oct 2011, 20:01    Post subject:  

DPUP5520 wrote:
Im planning on using a base 528 just like he did with all the older versions, removing anything I consider unsecured (sylpheed , fpm2, etc) and replacing with secure encrypted versions ( thunderbird with enigmail , better av, pidgin w/otr ,torbrowser, and so on). It will use ICEWM as the windows manager just like PupRescue. A good chunk of the programs are Java based so it is going to play a big part here and will include JCE integration for cryptographic functions. I was considering making it so that there is no choice to save at shutdown but that would create too much of a pain for people that don't know how to edit and repackage their SFS to keep their own preferences for email, chat, and irc.

a simple script pemasu has in ~/my-applications/bin

#!/bin/sh
# skips rc.shutdown and powers off computer without saving the session.
Xdialog --title "script $0" --yesno "\n\nAre you sure to power-off computer WITHOUT saving?\n\n" 0 0

[ $? -eq 0 ] && rm /initrd/pup_ro1/etc/.XLOADED && rm /etc/.XLOADED

exec /bin/busybox poweroff
DPUP5520

PostPosted: Sun 02 Oct 2011, 20:37    Post subject:  

Tman wrote:
Sounds good. I'm a fan of IceWM. Please consider these themes ( so I don't have to add them myself, lol ).
Icewm-Themes-sp-1.0.pet

Sure thing, I can do that, just to let you know I usually disable the ability to switch up themes so you'll have to re-enable it yourself, If you don't know how to all you have to do is go into the preferences file for ICEWM and change show themes menu option from 0 to 1.

Tman

PostPosted: Sun 02 Oct 2011, 21:05    Post subject:  

Got it, thanks. Btw, are you compiling IceWM yourself or are you using the lucid pet?
I am asking cause when I used the Lucid pet, I had problems with VLC in full-screen mode. The standard preferences had conflicts with it. I believe the problem has to do with the key-bindings. Attached is my preferences file, which I stole from Snowpuppy 014 and then modified. ( I am not a coder..just can hack simple scripts ).
preferences.gz
Description  /root/.icewm/preferences - remove the phony .gz
gz

Download 
Filename  preferences.gz 
Filesize  13.84 KB 
Downloaded  507 Time(s) 

Last edited by Tman on Tue 04 Oct 2011, 18:57; edited 1 time in total
DPUP5520

PostPosted: Sun 02 Oct 2011, 21:10    Post subject:  

I tried the lucid pet before and it jacked a bunch of stuff up on my system but I found a few ways around it, I haven't actually used VLC on Puppy so i'm gonna be doing some testing on it once I get everything put together, i'll check out your preferences file once I get VLC put together and see how it works.
DPUP5520

PostPosted: Thu 06 Oct 2011, 01:52    Post subject:  

Hey guys sorry I haven't been keeping ya'll updated for a while but I've been pretty busy, only getting to get about 20 or 30 minutes of work done every day. I'm kind of on edge about whether to keep the Tor-browser in since I've added two anon programs which basically make tor-browser repetitive, plus I can just add the no-script and https packages to firefox. I won't be putting in VLC since it's a pretty big package and doesn't add much to the existing multimedia tools which isn't the point of this version anyway.
From what I can tell it is going to wind up being a little over 400MB since I won't be removing much except what I deem unnecessary or dangerous to security and there are some "fat" programs being added in. Overall it's going pretty well and hopefully should be done in a few weeks, if not it'll get done when I go on vacation after these next few weeks.

DPUP5520

PostPosted: Sun 23 Oct 2011, 21:50    Post subject:  

Puppy Crypt 528 is finally out in first post up top
jim3630

PostPosted: Sun 23 Oct 2011, 22:04    Post subject:  

downloading now. puprescue is really a first rate pup and a learning tool for me. will report back once tested. thanks for what I'm sure will be another great pup.
DPUP5520

PostPosted: Sun 23 Oct 2011, 22:11    Post subject:  

It does it's job, the problem is getting it set up if you don't know how to use the programs, if you have any questions feel free to ask, in the meantime i'm working on a writeup.

Edit: I decided not to prevent it from saving at shutdown, I only did that to my personal copy so you can still create save-files and whatnot, however what I do recommend is not installing anything else which isn't included already as I have it set up to provide maximum security and any extra installs or modifications can override/screw up security settings that are in place.

chrome307

PostPosted: Mon 24 Oct 2011, 06:38    Post subject:  

Thanks for this, looking forward to trying it out! Smile
Page 1 of 4 [57 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3, 4 Next
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Derivatives
Jump to: