Webserverpuppy LAMP and XAMPP

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
Atle

#101 Post by Atle »

Now every problem is resolved and one can install Plugins, modules and whatever to the Puppy avec Joomla.

So now comes for me some time to test this out and a downloadable ISO should be available within not so long.

People that knows Joomla can start to think about areas of use:-)

I have plenty of ideas. :D

Atle

#102 Post by Atle »

Here it is.

Its not perfect, but a good start.

http://bayfiles.com/file/ZU3/KJcplW/Pup ... la_1_7.iso

If you test it, please provide some feedback.

antonio_66

Webserver 4.12, starting x11vnc

#103 Post by antonio_66 »

Dear,
I'm new to puppylinux, so I've a bit problems to understand the used configuration and specific: how to add/start a script after starting X-server.

I use (play :roll: ) with this webserver 4.12, installed it on a Thinclient with CF-Card, added ssh, xauth and x11vnc to it. Session will be saved not to xxxsave_pup, but the other method (I forgot the name yet).

x11vnc needs a started X for running on; and thats my problem. Where should I add this start procedure? I won't start this manually (e.g. after power cut, etc. ); it should be started singly after X-server.

I tried to add the line (x11vnc -rfbauth xxxx -forever -bg) in .xinitrc, but nothing happens. What I'm doing wrong? :?

Thx for help

antonio

antonio_66

Re: Webserver 4.12, starting x11vnc

#104 Post by antonio_66 »

antonio_66 wrote:Dear,
x11vnc needs a started X for running on; and thats my problem. Where should I add this start procedure? I won't start this manually (e.g. after power cut, etc. ); it should be started singly after X-server.

I tried to add the line (x11vnc -rfbauth xxxx -forever -bg) in .xinitrc, but nothing happens. What I'm doing wrong? :?
:wink: well, I found it. I got the right tip in german forum. The directory /root/Startup was not there and I found howto "delay" starting of x11vnc-server...

antonio

gcmartin

Re: Webserver 4.12, starting x11vnc

#105 Post by gcmartin »

antonio_66 wrote:
antonio_66 wrote:x11vnc needs a started X for running on; and thats my problem. Where should I add this start procedure? I won't start this manually (e.g. after power cut, etc. ); it should be started singly after X-server.

:wink: well, I found it. I got the right tip in german forum. The directory /root/Startup was not there and I found howto "delay" starting of x11vnc-server...

antonio
@Antonio66, glad you found this. Thanks for letting us know.

Even though you are new to Puppyland you can do most here a BIG favor by opening a Thread in HOWTO section and describing what distro and how you were able to setup your VNC server for remote desktop serving.

Also Puppy has at its base core design, root user. The official versions are NOT intended to be a multi-user desktop system.

So, I have one question for you. If you glean what I have shared in the prior paragraph, would you consider another lower resource but easier to setup "desktop server".....XRDP. You and others may find this a better fit, for, YOU DON'T HAVE TO INSTALL ANYTHING ON A WINDOWS OR A LINUX PC to remotely login to Puppy which has XRDP..

Hope this helps

growler

New pet but where to host

#106 Post by growler »

I have not been following things puppy but recently upgraded to Barry's newish Racy 522 with the 3.07 kernel.

My old development stuff may have worked but I thought I should update version so I compiled

Hiawatha v 8.0
MariaDB mysql v 5.3.4
PHP 5.3.10

and produced a new pet - bundled with the latest phpMyAdmin - 3.4.10.1 - it is 21 Meg - so quite a fatty I'm afraid. It runs PHP using the FPM binary but I also left in the php cgi binary too - another 8 Meg.

However, where to host this file - I made some notes about the new pet on the http://puppylinux.org/wikka/HiawathaServerMySQL but have not uploaded the .pet anywhere yet.

If someone could tell me where best to host it please... if you think it maybe useful to anyone, then I will upload it.

rolf

#107 Post by rolf »

Growler,
For about a year, we've been serving http://www.lanlesalon.com on an IGEL thin client loaded with pup-431-small.iso and your legacy LAMP-6.16-5.1.35-5.2.9.pet, needed for the older kernel in that iso, thank you very much. :) Image
On the hosting site, would a free Dropbox account work for that? In case, here's my referrer link, the sort of thing that gets Dropbox account owners extra free storage space: Image
or, simply http://www.dropbox.com

Atle

#108 Post by Atle »

Hi Growler... Your Great. I can host it for you. .I have a domain on a high speed connection.

I guess there will be some thousands of downloads, so I will notify my ISP about the file being there:-)

Just pass send me a message with a download link at my email skaperen ATT hotmail DOTT com, And i upload it right away.

Is it possible to have a lite version to? With just the very basic functions?

I look forward to test it.
The "old"version works great on Lucid up to 2.5.8.004 as well... Just tested it:-) Now I look forward to test the new one:-)

Best
Atle

growler

New LAMP

#109 Post by growler »

Glad it has been of some use to you guys :-)

MU has offered to host it so I have uploaded it and guess it will be at:

http://dotpups.de/puppy4/dotpups/Intern ... 5.3.10.pet

It may work on older kernels - I've not tested but it was compiled on racy 5.22 and seems to work well in Barry's latest.

You can lighten it by removing /usr/local/bin/php - which is the php cgi binary so you can run php scripts from your machine - (it is a whopping 8.1Meg) without using the web-server. Hiawatha is configured to use /usr/local/sbin/php-fpm - also 8.1Meg. Mysql also has the innodb plugin enabled too but also the aria table type too.. I probably should have disabled that but I put it together quite quickly with the same compile options as last time. There is a little bit of documentation with phpMyAdmin ~ 400k that I left in. phpMyAdmin is now 8 Meg - but I find it an essential tool for working with mysql.

darkcity

#110 Post by darkcity »

Hi there's a typo on the link above LAMP -> LHMP
http://dotpups.de/puppy4/dotpups/Intern ... 5.3.10.pet

add to wiki too
http://puppylinux.org/wikka/HiawathaServerMySQL

thanks for this 8)

mrossw

Re: New LAMP

#111 Post by mrossw »

Hi !

Thanks for posting this new pet! The right url I believe is http://dotpups.de/puppy4/dotpups/Intern ... 5.3.10.pet

I downloaded it to try it but I get this when trying to start it with /etc/init.d/rc.httpd start :

Code: Select all

sh-4.1# /etc/init.d/rc.httpd start
/usr/local/sbin/php-fpm: error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.1.0.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Warning: couldn't create logfile /usr/var/log/hiawatha/exploit.log
I found /usr/lib/libssl.so /usr/lib/libssl3.so and /lib/libssl.so.0.9.8 but not 1.0.0 ... not sure how to get it ...

As for the warning, don't really know why he wants to create the log there as in hiawatha.conf it says location is /var/log/hiawatha ... like previous version.

I must say I installed this pet on top of what I had before (LHMP-7.3-5.1.47-5.3.3.pet) without uninstalling anything ... not sure if this is safe ...

Last comment, I decided to try this pet with a newer version of hiawatha because I am having problems with joomla 2.5: everything works fine but the module manager which gives me a 500 internal server error ... (joomla 1.5 works fine). I mentioned that because i read Atle talking about joomla in this thread, maybe he has some idea ...

Thanks !

edit: running Lucid Puppy 5.2.8

Atle

#112 Post by Atle »

mrossw wrote:
Last comment, I decided to try this pet with a newer version of hiawatha because I am having problems with joomla 2.5: everything works fine but the module manager which gives me a 500 internal server error ... (joomla 1.5 works fine). I mentioned that because i read Atle talking about joomla in this thread, maybe he has some idea ...
I tried Joomla 2.5.1 with the LHMP-7.3-5.1.47-5.3.3.pet and it all worked fine. No problems with anything that I did not have problems with in 1.7. The version of Puppy I used, was 2.5.8.004, but it failed to be remastered, something that did not occur with the first 2.5.8.

You need to turn off the "Search Engine Friendly URLs" in SEO Settings, that you find in Global Configuration.

Also there was this trick, be it dirty or not, that LHMP mastermind Growler thought me, and that is to "hammer" the Joomla directory in your Web-Server... Its in console and goes like this:

cd /root/Web-Server
chmod -R ugo+rw joomla

This is if you make it like I usually do, and that is to create a directory i call joomla in the /Web-Server directory, where I put my entire Joomla installation...

As my aim is to reproduce the Puppy with Joomla, i make like two new and clean partitions, so I can "dump" the Puppy Lucid files from the ISO, straight into the partition, rerun Grub4dos and reboot into the clean Puppy and do the stuff...

I will upload a version with Joomla 2.5.1 within a day or to built on whatever Puppie I can reproduce... And post a link here :D

And that will be now with JUST the latest software, thanks to Growler...

growler

#113 Post by growler »

mrossw wrote:Hi !

I downloaded it to try it but I get this when trying to start it with /etc/init.d/rc.httpd start :

Code: Select all

sh-4.1# /etc/init.d/rc.httpd start
/usr/local/sbin/php-fpm: error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.1.0.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Warning: couldn't create logfile /usr/var/log/hiawatha/exploit.log
I found /usr/lib/libssl.so /usr/lib/libssl3.so and /lib/libssl.so.0.9.8 but not 1.0.0 ... not sure how to get it ...

edit: running Lucid Puppy 5.2.8
I have puppy 5.25 on this machine and it too doesn't have libssl.so.1.0.0 - However, Racy 522 does - I guess also Wary would have too. It might be worth trying to make a symbolic link called libssl.so.1.0.0 that links to /usr/lib/libssl.so.0.9.8 - if you right click on the latter and select link ...

Yes not sure why you get the log file issue - I expect this is not catastrophic... you could try adding an appropriate directive in /etc/hiawatha/hiawatha.conf for the exploit log as:

ExploitLogfile = /var/log/hiawatha/exploit.log

If that works I will make the modification to the .pet and reupload - from the hiawatha manual:
ExploitLogfile = <filename with full path>
Logfile for all exploit attempts: CSRF, denied bodies, SQL injection and XSS
Default = /usr/local/var/log/hiawatha/exploit.log, example: ExploitLogfile = /var/log/exploit_attempts.log
Grrrr

mrossw

#114 Post by mrossw »

Thanks Atle and Growler for your replies !
growler wrote: I have puppy 5.25 on this machine and it too doesn't have libssl.so.1.0.0 - However, Racy 522 does - I guess also Wary would have too. It might be worth trying to make a symbolic link called libssl.so.1.0.0 that links to /usr/lib/libssl.so.0.9.8 - if you right click on the latter and select link ...
Creating the symlinks worked indeed! Nice!
After libssl, it asked for libcrypto.so.1.0.0: I applied the same process and done !
I guess it would be better to have the right version instead, but I am not familiar on how lupu is managing those libs so I will keep like that for now.
growler wrote: Yes not sure why you get the log file issue - I expect this is not catastrophic... you could try adding an appropriate directive in /etc/hiawatha/hiawatha.conf for the exploit log as:

ExploitLogfile = /var/log/hiawatha/exploit.log

If that works I will make the modification to the .pet and reupload - from the hiawatha manual:
ExploitLogfile = <filename with full path>
Logfile for all exploit attempts: CSRF, denied bodies, SQL injection and XSS
Default = /usr/local/var/log/hiawatha/exploit.log, example: ExploitLogfile = /var/log/exploit_attempts.log
Grrrr
My mistake on that, you were right. I didn't pay attention my conf file didn't have the specific line for eploitLogfile. Warning is now gone.

Anyway, I now have a LHMP pile working with Hiawatha 8.0 and it's awesome !

This also allowed me to solve my joomla 2.5.1 problem:
as It seems v8.0 came with a different error pages handling config (i will have to check how this works in hiawatha!) , it let me see a nice joomla debugging screen instead of a skinny 500 error page on v7.0.
The debugging info taught me there was a mysql problem with an temporary index file : Incorrect key file for table '#sql_180c_0.MYI'
So after duckdukgoing, this advice told me I had to change the tmpdir for the mysql server, which made it !
I have frugal install of lupu 5.2.8, which is maybe why the default tmpdir was not ok for the server :?: ... just blind guessing ...

I though I would share my findings in case it's useful to anyone ...

Thanks again ! Keeping around ...

antonio_66

#115 Post by antonio_66 »

ups, sorry, I haven't look this thread for a long time... :?

@rcmartin
Even though you are new to Puppyland you can do most here a BIG favor by opening a Thread in HOWTO section and describing what distro and how you were able to setup your VNC server for remote desktop serving.
Hm, my knowlegde in linux/scripting language and english is not so good to "maintain" such a theme.
Btw. vnc was working well, but I abandon this project, because of problems with my "hardware-firewall"; there was no way through...

BUT, I have a new project for this ThinClient (Igel 3/3). I want to start a webserver with bloggingsystem like pplog.

Maybe there is the same problem with webserverpupy 412. It is possible that directory /root/hiawatha/ is missing? or maybe not "standard structure" like /var/www/htdocs ?

bye

Atle

#116 Post by Atle »

Hi there...

I tried this symlink thing, but it really did not work. Yet what did work, all off a sudden was to get the former LHMP to work on Puppy 5.2.8.004. Its not such a straight forward thing to remaster anymore. Some ugly workarounds was done, like copying entire /root and /etc, during the remaster process.

Yet I came shot on the latest version.

I have two questions...

1) Is the version that is there for download fixed with the symlink issues(those libssl things)

2) Does this start automatically like the former version?

I guess this ability to run php scripts locally and without the server is sort of neat for those that are learning and developing? My thing is to make a educational platform, so as I am not a programmer, I would not know if it serves any purpose to run it outside the webserver, but I am open for advice.

I am sorry for not fixing this issue with symlinks, as it all became a mess for me :oops:

Thanks to Growler for providing this excellent piece of software.

Atle

#117 Post by Atle »

Ok... openssl-1.0.0d-w-20110209.pet resolves the symlink stuff for me in 5.2.8.004... No more error messages there...

Now its GOOD... The only thing is that is does not show anything at localhost its self, but that does not matter. Just confused me a bit:-)

So it works and so does the packet manager in Joomla 2.5.1.

I guess I will polish a version for JoomlaOnPuppy and upload it in a few days.

jason.b.c

Re: Webserverpuppy LAMP and XAMPP

#118 Post by jason.b.c »

puppymartin wrote:Webserverpuppy 1 (74 Mb)
Extra version: XAMPP 'Lite'

A small (74 Mb or 96 Mb) server for webdesigners.
No Office, no sound, no printing, just a small FTP/LAMP-server:

There are two versions:
1 Hiawatha and PureFTP
2 Apache and ProFTPD

Both have:
- Mysql 5.1.35
- PHP 5.2.9
- phpMyAdmin 3.1.5
- Seamonkey Web-browser and composer 1.1.14
- FTP client: gFTP 2.0.18
- Bluefish web development studio 1.0.7
- Medit 0.9.4. text editor

Download: http://browserpuppy.com/server.html 74 Mb or 96 Mb

is this still available????
Puppy is Awesome..!!!!
[url=http://www.puppylinux.com/][img]http://www.browserloadofcoolness.com/sig.png[/img][/url]

Atle

#119 Post by Atle »

If not available your can try out this

edoc

#120 Post by edoc »

schoolux looks interesting - I will have to check it out soon!

Meanwhile, I need just MySQL for MythTV.

Is there a PET or SFS that will load just MySQL for now, please?

Adding the rest adds too many variables - MythTV plus the IP tv tuner and the USB video interface are enough to keep track of for the moment.

Thanks!
[b]Thanks! David[/b]
[i]Home page: [/i][url]http://nevils-station.com[/url]
[i]Don't google[/i] [b]Search![/b] [url]http://duckduckgo.com[/url]
TahrPup64 & Lighthouse64-b602 & JL64-603