Problem compiling MahJongg3D for Linux

discuss compiling applications for Puppy
Semme

Problem compiling MahJongg3D for Linux

#1 Post by Semme »

Hi Gang,

Would someone be kind enough to point out what I might not have in place here on my 5.28 Pup. Working with the 0.96v found here, I've got my devx and src files loaded, my qt4-qmake and qt4-dev-tools installed and I've exported my qtdir [export QTDIR=/usr/lib/qt] with a soft link from /usr/share/qt4/mkspecs to my export dir. This last bit a guess because I was encountering the following output:

Code: Select all

make[1]: *** No rule to make target `/usr/lib/qt/mkspecs/default/qmake.conf', needed by `Makefile'.  Stop.
In addition to the above I've replaced the QMAKE line in Makefile.doit with "qmake-qt4" in an effort to get this worked out.

Here's where I stand at the moment. As a novice compiler, what am I missing?

Something to do with this [/usr/bin/uic-qt4: Command not found]?

# make
make -f Makefile.doit PREFIX=/usr/local GAMEDATA_PREFIX=/usr/local
make[1]: Entering directory `/root/dwnlds/mahjongg3d.release'
cd src && qmake-qt4 src.pro -o Makefile
cd src && \
	echo -n "#define GAMEDATA_BASE_PATH " > gamedata_path.h && \
	echo -n \" >> gamedata_path.h && \
	echo -n /usr/local >> gamedata_path.h && \
	echo -n "/mahjongg3d" >> gamedata_path.h && \
	echo \" >> gamedata_path.h && \
	make -f Makefile 
make[2]: Entering directory `/root/dwnlds/mahjongg3d.release/src'
/usr/bin/uic-qt4 MainDialogBase.ui -o ui_MainDialogBase.h
make[2]: /usr/bin/uic-qt4: Command not found
make[2]: *** [ui_MainDialogBase.h] Error 127
make[2]: Leaving directory `/root/dwnlds/mahjongg3d.release/src'
make[1]: *** [sub-src] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/dwnlds/mahjongg3d.release'
make: *** [all] Error 2
I've got the Xorg_High driver for my Intel chip installed as well.

TIA for a little enlightenment..

muggins

#2 Post by muggins »

It needs to be compled against Qt3, not Qt4. If you want it already compiled it's available either here, or else here.

Semme

#3 Post by Semme »

Thanks. The part that's confusing is not knowing where to get the correct qt3 packages I need for a successful compile. The ones in PPM don't, as far as I can tell, look appropriate. Aside from this and two pkg dependencies I was missing, I found there's not much light at the end of the tunnel for my Intel 82845G under the available Xorg_High drivers. Now your pkg opens fine without this driver- but without any graphics.. understandable. With the driver installed, X crashes out with a longstanding Intel/Xorg incompatibility.. a rather unharmonious marriage. I know, I'm blessed.

Failed to submit batchbuffer: Input/output error
What I'm gonna do is try'n compile over on my other box and see if I can't make any headway..

muggins

#4 Post by muggins »

@Semme,

I'd recommend trying a few other GLX-based apps, before trying to compile Mahjongg-3D, as I suspect the problem is your graphics chipset isn't supported, rather than anything wrong with the .pet you tried. Maybe try a simple, small, app like SoundRecEd.

If you did want to try compiling it, it would probably be easiest if you downloaded, & extracted, a complete Qt3 package. This slackware package, here looks good. It probably just needs QTDIR & QMAKESPEC set to the right locations.