Linux Live Scripts or alienx-remaster

Using applications, configuring, problems
klhrevolutionist

Linux Live Scripts or alienx-remaster

#1 Post by klhrevolutionist »

Puppy2.1 has a drawback at least for me.. When I remaster puppy I do so from a hard drive install. I do this because the ram & time required to remaster is to much..

Well the new remaster script only works from live-cd.

I have two options,

1. Use alienx-remaster which needs updating and hopefully it is being updated.

2. Use linux live scripts, which needs configuring... http://www.linux-live.org/

3. Use hacky remaster, I never could figure it out......

Any other options or help would be great. What would some do without kde-puppy or Optimized......
Heaven is on the way, until then let's get the truth out!

Dougal

#2 Post by Dougal »

I'm quite positive there has been some discussion here already about remastering from HD install.

However, if you five me the details of how the install "works" (which files exist and where) I can try and incorporate that into Barry's script.
What's the ugliest part of your body?
Some say your nose
Some say your toes
But I think it's your mind

Nathan F

#3 Post by Nathan F »

Well if you do go through the whole Linux Live thing let me know how that goes for you. Of course the result would end up being something other than Puppy and probably closer to Slax, but it should be interesting nonetheless. I did some studying of how they were handling certain things a while back, relating to module insertion while the system is up and running, but came away thinking my implementation was probably better for what I was trying to accomplish. Still, I did learn a few things in the process.

Of course I think I've stated before, I think the best way toremaster is to do so using puppy-unleashed. It never fails me and gives much better flexibility. To make drastic changes all you have to know, once you have it working, is how to create and modify unleashed packages, which you have proven you can do already.

Nathan
Bring on the locusts ...