Gtkdialog Development

Under development: PCMCIA, wireless, etc.
thunor
Location: Minas Tirith, in the Pelennor Fields fighting the Easterlings

#221 Post by thunor »

zigbert wrote:...<menuitem icon="gtk-undo"> fails but setting <menuitem stock="gtk-undo"> will work - but now you are not allowed to give it another label than the stock-label. Even more strange is it that gtk-media-stop works with both icon and stock setting, while gtk-media-play only works with the stock.
You say "now you are not allowed to give it another label" but I wasn't aware that you could before. If a stock menuitem didn't have the label I wanted I would use a theme icon menuitem with a custom label which is what you've been doing and not having much joy with.

I decided tonight to investigate making the menuitem operate similarly to the button widget whereby you can use a stock icon with a custom label and to my surprise I found that it was already possible! :

Code: Select all

<menuitem stock="gtk-undo" label="_Undo Something"
	use-underline="true" accel-key="0x5a" accel-mods="4">
</menuitem>
This is how it works: Gtkdialog calls the GTK+ function gtk_image_menu_item_new_from_stock() which loads the stock gtk-undo icon and adds the stock "Undo" label, and then later when the widget is realized and the tag attributes that are GTK+ properties are set, GTK+ sets the label again which overwrites the stock "Undo" label with "_Undo Something" :P

This is news to me! I think that I should update my menuitem example and the one in the examples folder so that it's documented.

I'd still like to know though why some stock icons loaded as theme icons don't show. I'm going to see if I can find the answer to that.

Regards,
Thunor

zigbert

#222 Post by zigbert »

Hi Thunor
This is how it looks in Slacko beta 1

zigbert

#223 Post by zigbert »

thunor wrote:I decided tonight to investigate making the menuitem operate similarly to the button widget whereby you can use a stock icon with a custom label and to my surprise I found that it was already possible!
This will help out if your icon-test doesn't lead to an answer. :)

Sigmund

8-bit

#224 Post by 8-bit »

thunor wrote: I'd still like to know though why some stock icons loaded as theme icons don't show. I'm going to see if I can find the answer to that.
Check out 09.03-tree_icon_columns in the examples.
I was able to add the icons that do not show in your theme_icon_example.

I had also noticed missing icons, but after examining the one above, it shed light on things.
Still, it is interesting that some icons show and others do not.

zigbert

#225 Post by zigbert »

.... And this is how it looks in Puppy 5.11

01micko

#226 Post by 01micko »

Ok, it appears a bug has crept in.. (and got worse?)

Slacko Beta 1 ships with r220 that I compiled. I reverted to the original from the iso and this displays:

Not quite OK, I think.

When I just installed r241 I see what zigbert sees, definitely not OK!.

Hope this helps
Puppy Linux Blog - contact me for access

thunor

#227 Post by thunor »

01micko wrote:Ok, it appears a bug has crept in.. (and got worse?)

Slacko Beta 1 ships with r220 that I compiled. I reverted to the original from the iso and this displays:

[image]

Not quite OK, I think.

When I just installed r241 I see what zigbert sees, definitely not OK!.

Hope this helps
There's no bug and you are essentially seeing the same thing!

In r226 I "modified icon from theme code so that a gtk-missing-image is shown when an image isn't found" (not the tree widget as it's not under my control) so in >= r226 you will see a missing-image icon whereby prior to that you weren't ;)

Look in the column under Menu1 in your screenshot and you can see the compressed buttons that are missing an image but you aren't seeing the missing-image icons, and look at the pixmaps above and you can't immediately tell that they are missing because again you aren't seeing the missing-image icons and the empty pixmaps have no dimension. You could tell though by looking in the tree widgets or in the menus and comparing, and creating a list to check against.

I recommend that you use the latest Gtkdialog (r241) so that we are all testing the same thing and looking at the same thing.

Also when testing it is important to be thorough which is why I compiled a list of the icons that aren't showing.

Anyway, seeing as most stock-icons-loaded-through-the-theme show from Gtkdialog's C code or the tree widget's GTK+ function with identical results , I'm investigating the theme. I'm working on this right now in fact and have some debugging messages dumped to the terminal:

[root@ese:theme-icon-support]# ./theme-icon-test
widget_button_create(): error='Icon 'gtk-discard' not present in theme'
widget_button_create(): error='Icon 'gtk-goto-first' not present in theme'
widget_button_create(): error='Icon 'gtk-goto-last' not present in theme'
widget_button_create(): error='Icon 'gtk-go-back' not present in theme'
widget_button_create(): error='Icon 'gtk-go-forward' not present in theme'
widget_button_create(): error='Icon 'gtk-indent' not present in theme'
widget_button_create(): error='Icon 'gtk-jump-to' not present in theme'
widget_button_create(): error='Icon 'gtk-media-forward' not present in theme'
widget_button_create(): error='Icon 'gtk-media-next' not present in theme'
widget_button_create(): error='Icon 'gtk-media-play' not present in theme'
widget_button_create(): error='Icon 'gtk-media-previous' not present in theme'
widget_button_create(): error='Icon 'gtk-media-rewind' not present in theme'
widget_button_create(): error='Icon 'gtk-redo' not present in theme'
widget_button_create(): error='Icon 'gtk-revert-to-saved' not present in theme'
widget_button_create(): error='Icon 'gtk-undelete' not present in theme'
widget_button_create(): error='Icon 'gtk-undo' not present in theme'
widget_button_create(): error='Icon 'gtk-unindent' not present in theme'
EXIT="Exit"
[root@ese:theme-icon-support]#
So, GTK+ is telling me that the 17 stock-icons-loaded-through-the-theme that fail to show for me are not present within the theme and therefore I'm going to continue up the theme path, but today is Saturday and the London pubs are calling me :P

Regards,
Thunor

zigbert

#228 Post by zigbert »

but today is Saturday and the London pubs are calling me
that makes sense

thunor

#229 Post by thunor »

zigbert wrote:that makes sense
:lol: Here's something that makes sense:

The icons are built-in to GTK+ and in most cases the filenames are equivalent to their corresponding stock-ids except for the ones that I've noted as not showing for me in lupu-520 with GTK+ 2.20.0 using the Crux theme:

gtk-discard (this is not built-in, it's a known GTK+ "issue")
gtk-goto-first
gtk-goto-last
gtk-go-back
gtk-go-forward
gtk-indent
gtk-jump-to
gtk-media-forward
gtk-media-next
gtk-media-play
gtk-media-previous
gtk-media-rewind
gtk-redo
gtk-revert-to-saved
gtk-undelete
gtk-undo
gtk-unindent

The solution is to append every one of those stock-ids with "-ltr" or "rtl" which will give you the correct theme icon name. I can now see everything except gtk-discard.

I discovered this by looking at /usr/include/gtk-2.0/gtk/gtkstock.h

Now, I don't know the list of icons that are not showing in Slacko beta 1 because I haven't been given that information, but I can see from your screenshot that you can't see:

gtk-dialog-authentication
gtk-dialog-error
gtk-dialog-info
gtk-dialog-question
gtk-dialog-warning
gtk-discard (this is not built-in, it's a known GTK+ "issue")
gtk-goto-first
gtk-goto-last
gtk-go-back
gtk-info
gtk-jump-to
gtk-new
gtk-undelete
etc. etc..

Here's something that doesn't make sense: in Slacko beta 1 you can't see gtk-info, gtk-new or any of the gtk-dialog-* icons!!! In /usr/include/gtk-2.0/gtk/gtkstock.h you should see something like this:

/**
 * GTK_STOCK_NEW:
 * The "New" item.
 * <inlinegraphic fileref="gtk-new.png" format="PNG"></inlinegraphic>
 */
#define GTK_STOCK_NEW              "gtk-new"
Therefore the conclusion to this "issue" is that you need to supply the correct theme icon name to icon="" and not the stock-id, and there appears to be some problem accessing some of the built-in images within the version of GTK+ that Slacko beta 1 is using (can you see them using stock="" ?).

I've updated my icon_names.txt list a few posts back so you might want to download it and try the example again.

Regards,
Thunor

01micko

#230 Post by 01micko »

Hi Thunor... (excuse my dopiness :P, not a programmer at all, just a concreter, I tend to do silly things and ask silly questions)

Ok, (with ltr appended?) these are missing:

gtk-dialog-error
gtk-dialog-info
gtk-dialog-question
gtk-dialog-warning
gtk-disacard (known issue)
gtk-info
gtk-new
gtk-save

They all show ok in example 09.10

What do you think?

If it's a Slacko gtk issue I can certainly try to recompile. I'll go through the patches too. But I won't jump the gun :wink: .

Cheers

8-bit

#231 Post by 8-bit »

I have been playing with the example 09.03-tree_column_icons.
I modified it and made a support file called icon-names1.txt.
It shows all icons with their names except for gtk-discard which shows blank for the icon.
I also did not have to append -ltr or -rtl to any of the names for it.

If you want to play or use it as a reference, it is attached.
Attachments
All_gtk_icons.tar.gz
Example that shows all GTK icons with names
(1.4 KiB) Downloaded 296 times

technosaurus

#232 Post by technosaurus »

This may be similar. I posted it in the tips thread a long time ago... Just something I keep handy to find the name of a stock icon... but could be useful

#! /bin/sh
export MAIN_DIALOG='
<vbox><hbox>
<pixmap icon_size="6" tooltip-text="gtk-about"><input file stock="gtk-about"></input></pixmap>
<pixmap icon_size="6" tooltip-text="gtk-add"><input file stock="gtk-add"></input></pixmap>
<pixmap icon_size="6" tooltip-text="gtk-apply"><input file stock="gtk-apply"></input></pixmap>
<pixmap icon_size="6" tooltip-text="gtk-bold"><input file stock="gtk-bold"></input></pixmap>
<pixmap icon_size="6" tooltip-text="gtk-cancel"><input file stock="gtk-cancel"></input></pixmap>
<pixmap icon_size="6" tooltip-text="gtk-cdrom"><input file stock="gtk-cdrom"></input></pixmap>
<pixmap icon_size="6" tooltip-text="gtk-clear"><input file stock="gtk-clear"></input></pixmap>
<pixmap icon_size="6" tooltip-text="gtk-close"><input file stock="gtk-close"></input></pixmap>
<pixmap icon_size="6" tooltip-text="gtk-color-picker"><input file stock="gtk-color-picker"></input></pixmap>
<pixmap icon_size="6" tooltip-text="gtk-connect"><input file stock="gtk-connect"></input></pixmap>
<pixmap icon_size="6" tooltip-text="gtk-convert"><input file stock="gtk-convert"></input></pixmap>
<pixmap icon_size="6" tooltip-text="gtk-copy"><input file stock="gtk-copy"></input></pixmap>
<pixmap icon_size="6" tooltip-text="gtk-cut"><input file stock="gtk-cut"></input></pixmap>
<pixmap icon_size="6" tooltip-text="gtk-delete"><input file stock="gtk-delete"></input></pixmap>
<pixmap icon_size="6" tooltip-text="gtk-dialog-authentication"><input file stock="gtk-dialog-authentication"></input></pixmap>
<pixmap icon_size="6" tooltip-text="gtk-dialog-error"><input file stock="gtk-dialog-error"></input></pixmap>
<pixmap icon_size="6" tooltip-text="gtk-dialog-info"><input file stock="gtk-dialog-info"></input></pixmap>
<pixmap icon_size="6" tooltip-text="gtk-dialog-question"><input file stock="gtk-dialog-question"></input></pixmap>
<pixmap icon_size="6" tooltip-text="gtk-dialog-warning"><input file stock="gtk-dialog-warning"></input></pixmap>
<pixmap icon_size="6" tooltip-text="gtk-directory"><input file stock="gtk-directory"></input></pixmap>
<pixmap icon_size="6" tooltip-text="gtk-disconnect"><input file stock="gtk-disconnect"></input></pixmap>
</hbox><hbox>
<pixmap icon_size="6" tooltip-text="gtk-dnd"><input file stock="gtk-dnd"></input></pixmap>
<pixmap icon_size="6" tooltip-text="gtk-dnd-multiple"><input file stock="gtk-dnd-multiple"></input></pixmap>
<pixmap icon_size="6" tooltip-text="gtk-edit"><input file stock="gtk-edit"></input></pixmap>
<pixmap icon_size="6" tooltip-text="gtk-execute"><input file stock="gtk-execute"></input></pixmap>
<pixmap icon_size="6" tooltip-text="gtk-file"><input file stock="gtk-file"></input></pixmap>
<pixmap icon_size="6" tooltip-text="gtk-find"><input file stock="gtk-find"></input></pixmap>
<pixmap icon_size="6" tooltip-text="gtk-find-and-replace"><input file stock="gtk-find-and-replace"></input></pixmap>
<pixmap icon_size="6" tooltip-text="gtk-floppy"><input file stock="gtk-floppy"></input></pixmap>
<pixmap icon_size="6" tooltip-text="gtk-fullscreen"><input file stock="gtk-fullscreen"></input></pixmap>
<pixmap icon_size="6" tooltip-text="gtk-go-back"><input file stock="gtk-go-back"></input></pixmap>
<pixmap icon_size="6" tooltip-text="gtk-go-down"><input file stock="gtk-go-down"></input></pixmap>
<pixmap icon_size="6" tooltip-text="gtk-go-forward"><input file stock="gtk-go-forward"></input></pixmap>
<pixmap icon_size="6" tooltip-text="gtk-go-up"><input file stock="gtk-go-up"></input></pixmap>
<pixmap icon_size="6" tooltip-text="gtk-goto-bottom"><input file stock="gtk-goto-bottom"></input></pixmap>
<pixmap icon_size="6" tooltip-text="gtk-goto-first"><input file stock="gtk-goto-first"></input></pixmap>
<pixmap icon_size="6" tooltip-text="gtk-goto-last"><input file stock="gtk-goto-last"></input></pixmap>
<pixmap icon_size="6" tooltip-text="gtk-goto-top"><input file stock="gtk-goto-top"></input></pixmap>
<pixmap icon_size="6" tooltip-text="gtk-harddisk"><input file stock="gtk-harddisk"></input></pixmap>
<pixmap icon_size="6" tooltip-text="gtk-help"><input file stock="gtk-help"></input></pixmap>
<pixmap icon_size="6" tooltip-text="gtk-home"><input file stock="gtk-home"></input></pixmap>
<pixmap icon_size="6" tooltip-text="gtk-indent"><input file stock="gtk-indent"></input></pixmap>
</hbox><hbox>
<pixmap icon_size="6" tooltip-text="gtk-index"><input file stock="gtk-index"></input></pixmap>
<pixmap icon_size="6" tooltip-text="gtk-info"><input file stock="gtk-info"></input></pixmap>
<pixmap icon_size="6" tooltip-text="gtk-italic"><input file stock="gtk-italic"></input></pixmap>
<pixmap icon_size="6" tooltip-text="gtk-jump-to"><input file stock="gtk-jump-to"></input></pixmap>
<pixmap icon_size="6" tooltip-text="gtk-justify-center"><input file stock="gtk-justify-center"></input></pixmap>
<pixmap icon_size="6" tooltip-text="gtk-justify-fill"><input file stock="gtk-justify-fill"></input></pixmap>
<pixmap icon_size="6" tooltip-text="gtk-justify-left"><input file stock="gtk-justify-left"></input></pixmap>
<pixmap icon_size="6" tooltip-text="gtk-justify-right"><input file stock="gtk-justify-right"></input></pixmap>
<pixmap icon_size="6" tooltip-text="gtk-leave-fullscreen"><input file stock="gtk-leave-fullscreen"></input></pixmap>
<pixmap icon_size="6" tooltip-text="gtk-media-forward"><input file stock="gtk-media-forward"></input></pixmap>
<pixmap icon_size="6" tooltip-text="gtk-media-next"><input file stock="gtk-media-next"></input></pixmap>
<pixmap icon_size="6" tooltip-text="gtk-media-pause"><input file stock="gtk-media-pause"></input></pixmap>
<pixmap icon_size="6" tooltip-text="gtk-media-play"><input file stock="gtk-media-play"></input></pixmap>
<pixmap icon_size="6" tooltip-text="gtk-media-previous"><input file stock="gtk-media-previous"></input></pixmap>
<pixmap icon_size="6" tooltip-text="gtk-media-record"><input file stock="gtk-media-record"></input></pixmap>
<pixmap icon_size="6" tooltip-text="gtk-media-rewind"><input file stock="gtk-media-rewind"></input></pixmap>
<pixmap icon_size="6" tooltip-text="gtk-media-stop"><input file stock="gtk-media-stop"></input></pixmap>
<pixmap icon_size="6" tooltip-text="gtk-missing-image"><input file stock="gtk-missing-image"></input></pixmap>
<pixmap icon_size="6" tooltip-text="gtk-network"><input file stock="gtk-network"></input></pixmap>
<pixmap icon_size="6" tooltip-text="gtk-new"><input file stock="gtk-new"></input></pixmap>
<pixmap icon_size="6" tooltip-text="gtk-no"><input file stock="gtk-no"></input></pixmap>
</hbox><hbox>
<pixmap icon_size="6" tooltip-text="gtk-ok"><input file stock="gtk-ok"></input></pixmap>
<pixmap icon_size="6" tooltip-text="gtk-open"><input file stock="gtk-open"></input></pixmap>
<pixmap icon_size="6" tooltip-text="gtk-orientation-landscape"><input file stock="gtk-orientation-landscape"></input></pixmap>
<pixmap icon_size="6" tooltip-text="gtk-orientation-portrait"><input file stock="gtk-orientation-portrait"></input></pixmap>
<pixmap icon_size="6" tooltip-text="gtk-orientation-reverse-landscape"><input file stock="gtk-orientation-reverse-landscape"></input></pixmap>
<pixmap icon_size="6" tooltip-text="gtk-orientation-reverse-portrait"><input file stock="gtk-orientation-reverse-portrait"></input></pixmap>
<pixmap icon_size="6" tooltip-text="gtk-page-setup"><input file stock="gtk-page-setup"></input></pixmap>
<pixmap icon_size="6" tooltip-text="gtk-paste"><input file stock="gtk-paste"></input></pixmap>
<pixmap icon_size="6" tooltip-text="gtk-preferences"><input file stock="gtk-preferences"></input></pixmap>
<pixmap icon_size="6" tooltip-text="gtk-print"><input file stock="gtk-print"></input></pixmap>
<pixmap icon_size="6" tooltip-text="gtk-print-error"><input file stock="gtk-print-error"></input></pixmap>
<pixmap icon_size="6" tooltip-text="gtk-print-paused"><input file stock="gtk-print-paused"></input></pixmap>
<pixmap icon_size="6" tooltip-text="gtk-print-preview"><input file stock="gtk-print-preview"></input></pixmap>
<pixmap icon_size="6" tooltip-text="gtk-print-report"><input file stock="gtk-print-report"></input></pixmap>
<pixmap icon_size="6" tooltip-text="gtk-print-warning"><input file stock="gtk-print-warning"></input></pixmap>
<pixmap icon_size="6" tooltip-text="gtk-properties"><input file stock="gtk-properties"></input></pixmap>
<pixmap icon_size="6" tooltip-text="gtk-quit"><input file stock="gtk-quit"></input></pixmap>
<pixmap icon_size="6" tooltip-text="gtk-redo"><input file stock="gtk-redo"></input></pixmap>
<pixmap icon_size="6" tooltip-text="gtk-refresh"><input file stock="gtk-refresh"></input></pixmap>
<pixmap icon_size="6" tooltip-text="gtk-remove"><input file stock="gtk-remove"></input></pixmap>
<pixmap icon_size="6" tooltip-text="gtk-revert-to-saved"><input file stock="gtk-revert-to-saved"></input></pixmap>
</hbox><hbox>
<pixmap icon_size="6" tooltip-text="gtk-save"><input file stock="gtk-save"></input></pixmap>
<pixmap icon_size="6" tooltip-text="gtk-save-as"><input file stock="gtk-save-as"></input></pixmap>
<pixmap icon_size="6" tooltip-text="gtk-select-all"><input file stock="gtk-select-all"></input></pixmap>
<pixmap icon_size="6" tooltip-text="gtk-select-color"><input file stock="gtk-select-color"></input></pixmap>
<pixmap icon_size="6" tooltip-text="gtk-select-font"><input file stock="gtk-select-font"></input></pixmap>
<pixmap icon_size="6" tooltip-text="gtk-sort-ascending"><input file stock="gtk-sort-ascending"></input></pixmap>
<pixmap icon_size="6" tooltip-text="gtk-sort-descending"><input file stock="gtk-sort-descending"></input></pixmap>
<pixmap icon_size="6" tooltip-text="gtk-spell-check"><input file stock="gtk-spell-check"></input></pixmap>
<pixmap icon_size="6" tooltip-text="gtk-stop"><input file stock="gtk-stop"></input></pixmap>
<pixmap icon_size="6" tooltip-text="gtk-strikethrough"><input file stock="gtk-strikethrough"></input></pixmap>
<pixmap icon_size="6" tooltip-text="gtk-undelete"><input file stock="gtk-undelete"></input></pixmap>
<pixmap icon_size="6" tooltip-text="gtk-underline"><input file stock="gtk-underline"></input></pixmap>
<pixmap icon_size="6" tooltip-text="gtk-undo"><input file stock="gtk-undo"></input></pixmap>
<pixmap icon_size="6" tooltip-text="gtk-yes"><input file stock="gtk-yes"></input></pixmap>
<pixmap icon_size="6" tooltip-text="gtk-unindent"><input file stock="gtk-unindent"></input></pixmap>
<pixmap icon_size="6" tooltip-text="gtk-zoom-100"><input file stock="gtk-zoom-100"></input></pixmap>
<pixmap icon_size="6" tooltip-text="gtk-zoom-fit"><input file stock="gtk-zoom-fit"></input></pixmap>
<pixmap icon_size="6" tooltip-text="gtk-zoom-in"><input file stock="gtk-zoom-in"></input></pixmap>
<pixmap icon_size="6" tooltip-text="gtk-zoom-out"><input file stock="gtk-zoom-out"></input></pixmap>
</hbox>
<button cancel></button>
</vbox>
'

gtkdialog3 --program=MAIN_DIALOG
Attachments
stock_icons.png
(35.13 KiB) Downloaded 819 times
Check out my [url=https://github.com/technosaurus]github repositories[/url]. I may eventually get around to updating my [url=http://bashismal.blogspot.com]blogspot[/url].

01micko

#233 Post by 01micko »

Hi technosaurus.

running r241 in Slacko B1 and my pic is identical to yours, no need to post.

BarryK
Puppy Master

#234 Post by BarryK »

technosaurus,
Just tried it, yes, handy.

One point about missing gtk or gnome stock icons. if you put an icon of the appropriate name at /usr/share/icons, then gtk will use it even though it is missing from the theme -- and maybe this would work for missing gtk-builtin icons also.

For example, in Woof: rootfs-skeleton/usr/share/icons/gnome-stock-trash.xpm (doesn't have to be .png).
[url]https://bkhome.org/news/[/url]

01micko

#235 Post by 01micko »

Thunor,

13.37... FWIW.. I booted my Slackware-13.37 install, did an svn update and the results are identical to my last Slacko results.

Cheers

ps, the pic is ok in slackware techno..

01micko

#236 Post by 01micko »

ok, works perfect in Mageia-1
Attachments
mageia.png
(75.29 KiB) Downloaded 692 times

8-bit

#237 Post by 8-bit »

What is the version of GTK in Mageia-1?
The reason I ask is that some of the icons look different.

jpeps

#238 Post by jpeps »

technosaurus wrote:This may be similar. I posted it in the tips thread a long time ago... Just something I keep handy to find the name of a stock icon... but could be useful
cute..but you can't drag them like ROX thumbnails.

01micko

#239 Post by 01micko »

What is the version of GTK in Mageia-1?
gtk+2.0-2.24.5-6.mga2.i586.rpm

Just a fancy theme I'd say.
technosaurus wrote:
This may be similar. I posted it in the tips thread a long time ago... Just something I keep handy to find the name of a stock icon... but could be useful

cute..but you can't drag them like ROX thumbnails.
:lol:

thunor

#240 Post by thunor »

01micko wrote:Ok, (with ltr appended?) these are missing:

gtk-dialog-error
gtk-dialog-info
gtk-dialog-question
gtk-dialog-warning
gtk-disacard (known issue)
gtk-info
gtk-new
gtk-save
01micko wrote:13.37... FWIW.. I booted my Slackware-13.37 install, did an svn update and the results are identical to my last Slacko results.
I have the answers :)

You sent me /usr/include/gtk-2.0/gtk/gtkstock.h from Slacko beta 1 and I compared it to the version on my lupu-520 and it tells us that just because a stock ID might be gtk-new, it doesn't necessarily mean that that's the filename of the image:

Stock ID                               Built-In Theme Icon Name
                             lupu-520 etc.                   Slacko beta 1

gtk-about                   "gtk-about.png"                 "help-about.png"
gtk-add                     "gtk-add.png"                   "list-add.png"
gtk-bold                    "gtk-bold.png"                  "format-text-bold.png"
gtk-cdrom                   "gtk-cdrom.png"                 "media-optical.png"
gtk-clear                   "gtk-clear.png"                 "edit-clear.png"
gtk-close                   "gtk-close.png"                 "window-close.png"
gtk-copy                    "gtk-copy.png"                  "edit-copy.png"
gtk-cut                     "gtk-cut.png"                   "edit-cut.png"
gtk-delete                  "gtk-delete.png"                "edit-delete.png"
gtk-dialog-authentication   "gtk-dialog-authentication.png" "dialog-password.png"
gtk-dialog-info             "gtk-dialog-info.png"           "dialog-information.png"
gtk-dialog-warning          "gtk-dialog-warning.png"        "dialog-warning.png"
gtk-dialog-error            "gtk-dialog-error.png"          "dialog-error.png"
gtk-dialog-question         "gtk-dialog-question.png"       "dialog-question.png"
gtk-directory               "gtk-directory.png"             "folder.png"
gtk-execute                 "gtk-execute.png"               "system-run.png"
gtk-file                    "gtk-file.png"                  "document-x-generic.png"
gtk-find                    "gtk-find.png"                  "edit-find.png"
gtk-find-and-replace        "gtk-find-and-replace.png"      "edit-find-replace.png"
gtk-floppy                  "gtk-floppy.png"                "media-floppy.png"
gtk-fullscreen              "gtk-fullscreen.png"            "view-fullscreen.png"
gtk-goto-bottom             "gtk-goto-bottom.png"           "go-bottom.png"
gtk-goto-first              "gtk-goto-first-ltr.png"        "go-first-ltr.png"
gtk-goto-first              "gtk-goto-first-rtl.png"        "go-first-rtl.png"
gtk-goto-last               "gtk-goto-last-ltr.png"         "go-last-ltr.png"
gtk-goto-last               "gtk-goto-last-rtl.png"         "go-last-rtl.png"
gtk-goto-top                "gtk-goto-top.png"              "go-top.png"
gtk-go-back                 "gtk-go-back-ltr.png"           "go-previous-ltr.png"
gtk-go-back                 "gtk-go-back-rtl.png"           "go-previous-rtl.png"
gtk-go-down                 "gtk-go-down.png"               "go-down.png"
gtk-go-forward              "gtk-go-forward-ltr.png"        "go-next-ltr.png"
gtk-go-forward              "gtk-go-forward-rtl.png"        "go-next-rtl.png"
gtk-go-up                   "gtk-go-up.png"                 "go-up.png"
gtk-harddisk                "gtk-harddisk.png"              "drive-harddisk.png"
gtk-help                    "gtk-help.png"                  "help-contents.png"
gtk-home                    "gtk-home.png"                  "go-home.png"
gtk-info                    "gtk-info.png"                  "dialog-information.png"
gtk-italic                  "gtk-italic.png"                "format-text-italic.png"
gtk-jump-to                 "gtk-jump-to-ltr.png"           "go-jump-ltr.png"
gtk-jump-to                 "gtk-jump-to-rtl.png"           "go-jump-rtl.png"
gtk-justify-center          "gtk-justify-center.png"        "format-justify-center.png"
gtk-justify-fill            "gtk-justify-fill.png"          "format-justify-fill.png"
gtk-justify-left            "gtk-justify-left.png"          "format-justify-left.png"
gtk-justify-right           "gtk-justify-right.png"         "format-justify-right.png"
gtk-leave-fullscreen        "gtk-leave-fullscreen.png"      "view-restore.png"
gtk-missing-image           "gtk-missing-image.png"         "image-missing.png"
gtk-media-forward           "gtk-media-forward-ltr.png"     "media-seek-forward-ltr.png"
gtk-media-forward           "gtk-media-forward-rtl.png"     "media-seek-forward-rtl.png"
gtk-media-next              "gtk-media-next-ltr.png"        "media-skip-forward-ltr.png"
gtk-media-next              "gtk-media-next-rtl.png"        "media-skip-forward-rtl.png"
gtk-media-pause             "gtk-media-pause.png"           "media-playback-pause.png"
gtk-media-play              "gtk-media-play-ltr.png"        "media-playback-start-ltr.png"
gtk-media-play              "gtk-media-play-rtl.png"        "media-playback-start-rtl.png"
gtk-media-previous          "gtk-media-previous-ltr.png"    "media-skip-backward-ltr.png"
gtk-media-previous          "gtk-media-previous-rtl.png"    "media-skip-backward-rtl.png"
gtk-media-record            "gtk-media-record.png"          "media-record.png"
gtk-media-rewind            "gtk-media-rewind-ltr.png"      "media-seek-backward-ltr.png"
gtk-media-rewind            "gtk-media-rewind-rtl.png"      "media-seek-backward-rtl.png"
gtk-media-stop              "gtk-media-stop.png"            "media-playback-stop.png"
gtk-network                 "gtk-network.png"               "network-idle.png"
gtk-new                     "gtk-new.png"                   "document-new.png"
gtk-open                    "gtk-open.png"                  "document-open.png"
gtk-paste                   "gtk-paste.png"                 "edit-paste.png"
gtk-print                   "gtk-print.png"                 "document-print.png"
gtk-print-error             "gtk-print-error.png"           "printer-error.png"
gtk-print-paused            "gtk-print-paused.png"          "printer-paused.png"
gtk-print-preview           "gtk-print-preview.png"         "document-print-preview.png"
gtk-print-report            "gtk-print-report.png"          "printer-info.png"
gtk-print-warning           "gtk-print-warning.png"         "printer-warning.png"
gtk-properties              "gtk-properties.png"            "document-properties.png"
gtk-quit                    "gtk-quit.png"                  "application-exit.png"
gtk-redo                    "gtk-redo-ltr.png"              "edit-redo-ltr.png"
gtk-redo                    "gtk-redo-rtl.png"              "edit-redo-rtl.png"
gtk-refresh                 "gtk-refresh.png"               "view-refresh.png"
gtk-remove                  "gtk-remove.png"                "list-remove.png"
gtk-revert-to-saved         "gtk-revert-to-saved-ltr.png"   "document-revert-ltr.png"
gtk-revert-to-saved         "gtk-revert-to-saved-rtl.png"   "document-revert-rtl.png"
gtk-save                    "gtk-save.png"                  "document-save.png"
gtk-save-as                 "gtk-save-as.png"               "document-save-as.png"
gtk-select-all              "gtk-select-all.png"            "edit-select-all.png"
gtk-sort-ascending          "gtk-sort-ascending.png"        "view-sort-ascending.png"
gtk-sort-descending         "gtk-sort-descending.png"       "view-sort-descending.png"
gtk-spell-check             "gtk-spell-check.png"           "tools-check-spelling.png"
gtk-stop                    "gtk-stop.png"                  "process-stop.png"
gtk-strikethrough           "gtk-strikethrough.png"         "format-text-strikethrough.png"
gtk-underline               "gtk-underline.png"             "format-text-underline.png"
gtk-undo                    "gtk-undo-ltr.png"              "edit-undo-ltr.png"
gtk-undo                    "gtk-undo-rtl.png"              "edit-undo-rtl.png"
gtk-unindent                "gtk-unindent-ltr.png"          "format-indent-less-ltr.png"
gtk-unindent                "gtk-unindent-rtl.png"          "format-indent-less-rtl.png"
gtk-zoom-100                "gtk-zoom-100.png"              "zoom-original.png"
gtk-zoom-fit                "gtk-zoom-fit.png"              "zoom-fit-best.png"
gtk-zoom-in                 "gtk-zoom-in.png"               "zoom-in.png"
gtk-zoom-out                "gtk-zoom-out.png"              "zoom-out.png"
Therefore you shouldn't assume that the theme icon name for gtk-dialog-authentication is going to be "gtk-dialog-authentication[.png]" because clearly on Slacko beta 1 it's "dialog-password[.png]".

Now, the information above creates another question as to why it is that you can't see all of them since none of the theme icon names are the same as the stock IDs! I'm going to hazard a guess that you have files called gtk-about.png/svg, gtk-add.png/svg etc. in one of the icon paths that GTK+ searches, or maybe they are defined in a theme file or something.

So then, stock IDs are static, theme icon names might change across GTK+ builds, /usr/include/gtk-2.0/gtk/gtkstock.h contains the answers.

The sensible thing to do would be to use stock="" to access the images using the stock IDs, and icon="" to access miscellaneous images from one of the icon paths that GTK+ searches.

Regards,
Thunor