Lucid Puppy 5.28 X/ALSA/FLASH crash

Please post any bugs you have found
dio444

Lucid Puppy 5.28 X/ALSA/FLASH crash

#1 Post by dio444 »

EDIT 2/26/12 -- SOLVED
This has been solved in my case, details in last post in thread.

So, I've been working on migrating to 5.28, but I've run across an issue. If I'm watching flash video for very long, X crashes. In 5.25, after an X crash, a simple xwin restarts it. But it refuses to restart without a reboot. Even attempting to reconfigure with xorgwizard and restarting fails if I do not reboot. After rebooting, alsa fails. Attempting to reconfigure alsa with alsawizard fails.

Code: Select all

amixer: Mixer attach default error: Input/output error
ALSA lib confmisc.c:674:(snd_determine_driver) could not open control for card 0
ALSA lib conf.c:3326:(snd_config_hooks_call) function snd_config_hook_load_for_all_cards returned error: Input/output error
ALSA lib confmisc.c:674:(snd_determine_driver) could not open control for card 0
ALSA lib conf.c:4184:(_snd_config_evaluate) function snd_func_card_driver returned error: Input/output error
ALSA lib confmisc.c:392:(snd_func_concat) error evaluating strings
ALSA lib conf.c:4184:(_snd_config_evaluate) function snd_func_concat returned error: Input/output error
ALSA lib confmisc.c:1251:(snd_func_refer) error evaluating name
ALSA lib conf.c:4184:(_snd_config_evaluate) function snd_func_refer returned error: Input/output error
ALSA lib conf.c:4663:(snd_config_expand) Evaluate error: Input/output error
ALSA lib pcm.c:2212:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.default
aplay: main:660: audio open error: Input/output error
The only way I've been able to get sound back after one of the crashes is to wipe my save file and start again.

My video/audio chipset:

0:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation 82845G/GL[Brookdale-G]/GE/PE DRAM Controller/Host-Hub Interface (rev 01)
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation 82845G/GL[Brookdale-G]/GE Chipset Integrated Graphics Device (rev 01)
00:1f.5 Multimedia audio controller: Intel Corporation 82801DB/DBL/DBM (ICH4/ICH4-L/ICH4-M) AC'97 Audio Controller (rev 01)
At the moment I'm thinking it's an alsa issue at the heart of this. With alsa "working" it takes less than an hour to reliably cause this crash when playing flash video. However, I've been playing flash video for almost 2 hours now with alsa broken (no sound) without an X crash.

Again, it doesn't happen this way in 5.25. When they crash while playing Flash Video, I can restart X or reboot and alsa is fine. Besides, it crashes much more rarely, several hours of flash video at a minimum.

So, did alsa change between 5.25 and 5.28? Is there any log or other useful info I could post for people who care to look at?

Tom[/i][/b]
Last edited by dio444 on Sun 26 Feb 2012, 10:22, edited 1 time in total.

rerwin

#2 Post by rerwin »

dio444,
I have the same sound and video hardware in my NetVista PC, so would like to try to re-create your situation. I am somewhat responsible for sound support in 528, so would like to solve the problem, as well as investigate why the flash player crashes after an hour or more.

Could you point me to a particular video that results in a crash? My investigation may take awhile. Thanks for reporting the problem.
Richard

dio444

-

#3 Post by dio444 »

For me it's any flash video. Mainly YouTube, but it also seems to happen with other flash based video sites. It doesn't seem to be related to a specific video. I just use lupu528 as I normally would, from a fresh savefile-less boot, install a browser, flash, weechat, then head to youtube and start watching video. Eventually (pretty reliably less than an hour later) X crashes out, resulting in needing to start again without a save file for working audio....

Currently watching video in Iron from the Quickpet installer. Most previous tests used Opera, with most of the remaining being in FireFox. We'll see if I can find any reason to think this a browser related issue, but considering how different Opera and FireFox are, It seems unlikely that Iron will behave differently.

On a side note... Maybe it's some hardware related issue? Some bad memory locations? I'll have to whip out a low level memory test soon to eliminate that possibility.

Tom

dio444

-

#4 Post by dio444 »

OK, this is getting more interesting: I've been watching flash video in Iron for the whole night, no crashes. The only thing I can think of that's different: I'm running without save file at all. Fresh boot, pfix=ram. Install Iron, Flash, Weechat. Watch YouTube all night, no crash. So apparently the save file itself might be involved in what's going on. Next thing to test: Making a save file with this setup, rebooting, and see if it still crashes. If it does not, next thing is to go back to the exact setup where crashes were happening: Where the save file exists, and 4 sfs files are being loaded (devx, java, wine, libreoffice). If that finally reproduces the crashing, I'll have a totally new direction to be looking at: sfs file loading OR corrupt sfs files.

Tom

dio444

-

#5 Post by dio444 »

OK, Completed 2 different forms of RAM testing (including 3 full MemTest86+ passes), all tests passed. So, bad RAM is unlikely.

Now, with more than 6 hours uninterrupted flash video from a pfix=ram boot, I'm really leaning towards a bad sfs file. Going to do some more testing on that next.

Tom

xdarkknight

Bzar - Lucid Puppy 5.28 X/ALSA/FLASH crash

#6 Post by xdarkknight »

Here's my post on the subject:
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=71045

I'm still so new to Linux (and going BACK to command prompts is nigh on impossible. gotta get the command list at some point!) that I don't know where you'd want me to copy from if you asked for the correct code associated. so if you want more info off me, you'll have to Private Message me to tell me how/where to go to get it.

Thanks for the Help guys!
xDK

rerwin

#7 Post by rerwin »

dio444,
Thank you for making all of those test runs. They confirm my suspicion that the flash player generates endless output that goes somewhere into the pupsave file, filling it up. My task, then, is to take control of the excessive output. I expect to work on this in a few days. Thanks for pursuing this issue.
Richard

xdarkknight

#8 Post by xdarkknight »

well that makes sense. Last night, I watched an hour and a half of Flash video online and at the end of the night, it said I had a full save file 700+MB of space. it was at about 200 yesterday morning, so it's weird that it bogged down in less than 24 hours.

nooby

#9 Post by nooby »

You can look for how that thing grows by itself by going into
File open File by clicking on the icon on the desktop.
or going rtrhough menu and Rox.

Then click on the "Eye" that allow you to see hidden files.
Look for .macromedia but also .mozilla and Firefox and Cache and see how that one fills up too.

So there are two files that fills up when one play Flash.

The Chache of the browser one use so Iron has it's own such directory and Opera has their own and Chromium their own one and so on.

Then you have the Macromedia for Flash that also have a directory with lot of files getting created that log what you look at and you can change and edit settings at the Adobe site for Flash.

So there is much to look into :)
I use Google Search on Puppy Forum
not an ideal solution though

dio444

#10 Post by dio444 »

A tale of two boots:

1)
a) Boot clean LuPu528
b) Install weechat
c) Install a browser (Iron/Chromium/FireFox/Opera)
d) Install flash
e) Watch flash video (YouTube) and play flash games for hours without issue....

2)
a) Boot clean LuPu528
b) Install weechat
c) Install a browser (Iron/Chromium/Firefox/Opera)
d) Install flash
e) Reboot, creating savefile
f) Watch flash video-described crash inevitable.

Conclusion: Whatever's going wrong, it's related to the savefile....

Tom

nooby

#11 Post by nooby »

Yes that is what member rerwin in his post above promised to do but it will take the time needed. No simple thing such so all of us is in same boat. We have to practice patience.

But if one have 1GB memory one usually never hit that limit at least I have not and I am using the computer from early morning to late night continuesly :)
I use Google Search on Puppy Forum
not an ideal solution though

Semme

#12 Post by Semme »

Similar issue, near identical hw:

amixer
ALSA lib conf.c:1016:(parse_value) card is not a string
ALSA lib conf.c:1685:(snd_config_load1) _toplevel_:2:20:Invalid argument
ALSA lib conf.c:3467:(snd_config_hook_load) /etc/asound.conf may be old or corrupted: consider to remove or fix it
ALSA lib conf.c:3326:(snd_config_hooks_call) function snd_config_hook_load returned error: Invalid argument
ALSA lib conf.c:3713:(snd_config_update_r) hooks failed, removing configuration
amixer: Mixer attach default error: Invalid argument

00:00.0 Host bridge [0600]: Intel Corporation 82845G/GL[Brookdale-G]/GE/PE DRAM Controller/Host-Hub Interface [8086:2560] (rev 03)
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: Intel Corporation 82845G/GL[Brookdale-G]/GE Chipset Integrated Graphics Device [8086:2562] (rev 03)
00:1f.5 Multimedia audio controller [0401]: Intel Corporation 82801DB/DBL/DBM (ICH4/ICH4-L/ICH4-M) AC'97 Audio Controller [8086:24c5] (rev 02)
I see it's right popular:

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=71045

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=70927

Like the previous, I'm also running a usb install with the save file placed inside the partition. Figuring a possible ext2 corruption issue, I reloaded and chose to create a 3fs save file. Yes, saved to usb. YouTube video worked both prior to and after save file creation - yes, followed by a reboot. From here I decided I'd cold drop the system while watching a video. Low and behold, after a quick fs check, Pup picked up right where she left off.

EDIT: After last nights clean shutdown and this mornings fresh boot - NO SOUND. Flash version: 10,3,183,7

At this point, rerwins comment has my ears ringing.

dio444

SFS!

#13 Post by dio444 »

OK, update:

1) I'm certain it's NOT about flooding the pupsave. I checked after a crash, and the pupsave was still mostly empty.

2) It's NOT that simply having a pupsave is the problem as described in the previous post. I've been watching flash video for 6+ hours without issue, and I have a pupsave.

I haven't gotten the exact sfs file worked out, or if it's just about sfs loading, but the underlying issue appears to be sfs files. The unwritten step that's the actual problem? Every time I made a pupsave, I was automatically loading 4 sfs files right after, without thinking about it really. devx, wine, java, libreoffice. If I load those sfs files with the pupsave, the crash happens. If I don't, no issues.

So, next step is to try adding them back in one at a time until I tag the offending sfs file.

Tom

Semme

#14 Post by Semme »

Hi dio444,

Your save file.. located on usb or hd partition?

Your Puppy Event Manager save interval?

jpeps

Re: SFS!

#15 Post by jpeps »

dio444 wrote:OK, update:

1) I'm certain it's NOT about flooding the pupsave. I checked after a crash, and the pupsave was still mostly empty.

2) It's NOT that simply having a pupsave is the problem as described in the previous post. I've been watching flash video for 6+ hours without issue, and I have a pupsave.

I haven't gotten the exact sfs file worked out, or if it's just about sfs loading, but the underlying issue appears to be sfs files. The unwritten step that's the actual problem? Every time I made a pupsave, I was automatically loading 4 sfs files right after, without thinking about it really. devx, wine, java, libreoffice. If I load those sfs files with the pupsave, the crash happens. If I don't, no issues.

So, next step is to try adding them back in one at a time until I tag the offending sfs file.

Tom

wiki:
"LibreOffice 3.4 changes:Linux fontconfig leak: Fixed a font-related leak, saving up to 800k or so of RAM, depending on the amount of fonts installed (Caolán McNamara, Red Hat, Inc.)"

dio444

<sigh>

#16 Post by dio444 »

So, I'm back to thinking it's not about the extra sfs files. I had the crash 3 more times with just a lupusave.2fs and no sfs files loaded (except of course the base lupu528.sfs).

I'm getting a little stressed trying to chase this down. Going to take a few days break from it, I'll check back in a few days after I've relaxed some.

Tom

P.S. Still has never crashed this way when clean booted without any save file created.

puppyfan1

#17 Post by puppyfan1 »

My sound worked fine for at least a few days of rebooting. But my sound just broke after the last reboot my computer and it seems like it is somehow related to these other problems. X did crash once so it might of been involved. My sound card is different then the other cards listed, so I included my full lspci. The only thing I've done, as far as I know, is install the following software and surf the web. This is my configuration, if you need any other information let me know. I tried running alsoconfig after my sound broke and included its output. If you need anything else let me know.

EDIT: I tried pfix=clean & pfix=purge but they didn't fix the problem. My usb sound adapter seems to work though.

Xorg_High-1.1-Lucid
ff-7.beta
FoxitReader-1.1-Lucid
PupControl-1.6.6
Flash 10.3 r183

Loading driver...
Setting default volumes...
amixer: Mixer attach default error: Input/output error

ALSA lib conf.c:3326:(snd_config_hooks_call) function snd_config_hook_load_for_all_cards returned error: Input/output error
ALSA lib conf.c:4184:(_snd_config_evaluate) function snd_func_card_driver returned error: Input/output error
ALSA lib confmisc.c:392:(snd_func_concat) error evaluating strings
ALSA lib conf.c:4184:(_snd_config_evaluate) function snd_func_concat returned error: Input/output error
ALSA lib confmisc.c:1251:(snd_func_refer) error evaluating name
ALSA lib conf.c:4184:(_snd_config_evaluate) function snd_func_refer returned error: Input/output error
ALSA lib conf.c:4663:(snd_config_expand) Evaluate error: Input/output error
ALSA lib pcm.c:2212:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.default
aplay: main:660: audio open error: Input/output error
killall: aplay: no process killed

00:00.0 Host bridge [0600]: Intel Corporation 82865G/PE/P DRAM Controller/Host-Hub Interface [8086:2570] (rev 02)
	Subsystem: Dell Device [1028:0159]
	Control: I/O- Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR+ FastB2B- DisINTx-
	Status: Cap+ 66MHz- UDF- FastB2B+ ParErr- DEVSEL=fast >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort+ >SERR- <PERR- INTx-
	Latency: 0
	Region 0: Memory at e8000000 (32-bit, prefetchable)
	Capabilities: [e4] Vendor Specific Information <?>
	Capabilities: [a0] AGP version 3.0
		Status: RQ=32 Iso- ArqSz=2 Cal=2 SBA+ ITACoh- GART64- HTrans- 64bit- FW+ AGP3+ Rate=x4,x8
		Command: RQ=1 ArqSz=0 Cal=0 SBA+ AGP+ GART64- 64bit- FW- Rate=x8
	Kernel driver in use: agpgart-intel
	Kernel modules: intel-agp

00:01.0 PCI bridge [0604]: Intel Corporation 82865G/PE/P PCI to AGP Controller [8086:2571] (rev 02) (prog-if 00 [Normal decode])
	Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR+ FastB2B- DisINTx-
	Status: Cap- 66MHz+ UDF- FastB2B+ ParErr- DEVSEL=fast >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR- INTx-
	Latency: 32
	Bus: primary=00, secondary=01, subordinate=01, sec-latency=32
	I/O behind bridge: 0000c000-0000cfff
	Memory behind bridge: fc000000-fdffffff
	Prefetchable memory behind bridge: f0000000-f7ffffff
	Secondary status: 66MHz+ FastB2B+ ParErr- DEVSEL=medium >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort+ <SERR- <PERR-
	BridgeCtl: Parity- SERR- NoISA+ VGA+ MAbort- >Reset- FastB2B-
		PriDiscTmr- SecDiscTmr- DiscTmrStat- DiscTmrSERREn-
	Kernel modules: shpchp

## 00.01:0 is a bridge from 00 to 01-01
00:06.0 System peripheral [0880]: Intel Corporation 82865G/PE/P Processor to I/O Memory Interface [8086:2576] (rev 02)
	Control: I/O- Mem+ BusMaster- SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx-
	Status: Cap- 66MHz- UDF- FastB2B+ ParErr- DEVSEL=fast >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR- INTx-
	Region 0: Memory at fecf0000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable)

00:1d.0 USB Controller [0c03]: Intel Corporation 82801EB/ER (ICH5/ICH5R) USB UHCI Controller #1 [8086:24d2] (rev 02) (prog-if 00 [UHCI])
	Control: I/O+ Mem- BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx-
	Status: Cap- 66MHz- UDF- FastB2B+ ParErr- DEVSEL=medium >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR- INTx-
	Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 11
	Region 4: I/O ports at bf80
	Kernel driver in use: uhci_hcd
	Kernel modules: uhci-hcd

00:1d.1 USB Controller [0c03]: Intel Corporation 82801EB/ER (ICH5/ICH5R) USB UHCI Controller #2 [8086:24d4] (rev 02) (prog-if 00 [UHCI])
	Control: I/O+ Mem- BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx-
	Status: Cap- 66MHz- UDF- FastB2B+ ParErr- DEVSEL=medium >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR- INTx-
	Interrupt: pin B routed to IRQ 11
	Region 4: I/O ports at bf60

00:1d.2 USB Controller [0c03]: Intel Corporation 82801EB/ER (ICH5/ICH5R) USB UHCI Controller #3 [8086:24d7] (rev 02) (prog-if 00 [UHCI])
	Interrupt: pin C routed to IRQ 11
	Region 4: I/O ports at bf40

00:1d.3 USB Controller [0c03]: Intel Corporation 82801EB/ER (ICH5/ICH5R) USB UHCI Controller #4 [8086:24de] (rev 02) (prog-if 00 [UHCI])
	Region 4: I/O ports at bf20

00:1d.7 USB Controller [0c03]: Intel Corporation 82801EB/ER (ICH5/ICH5R) USB2 EHCI Controller [8086:24dd] (rev 02) (prog-if 20 [EHCI])
	Control: I/O- Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR+ FastB2B- DisINTx-
	Status: Cap+ 66MHz- UDF- FastB2B+ ParErr- DEVSEL=medium >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR- INTx-
	Interrupt: pin D routed to IRQ 11
	Region 0: Memory at f8fffc00 (32-bit, non-prefetchable)
	Capabilities: [50] Power Management version 2
		Flags: PMEClk- DSI- D1- D2- AuxCurrent=375mA PME(D0+,D1-,D2-,D3hot+,D3cold+)
	Capabilities: [58] Debug port: BAR=1 offset=00a0
	Kernel driver in use: ehci_hcd
	Kernel modules: ehci-hcd

00:1e.0 PCI bridge [0604]: Intel Corporation 82801 PCI Bridge [8086:244e] (rev c2) (prog-if 00 [Normal decode])
	Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR+ FastB2B- DisINTx-
	Status: Cap- 66MHz- UDF- FastB2B+ ParErr- DEVSEL=fast >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR- INTx-
	Bus: primary=00, secondary=02, subordinate=06, sec-latency=32
	I/O behind bridge: 0000e000-0000efff
	Memory behind bridge: fa000000-fbffffff
	Prefetchable memory behind bridge: 30000000-33ffffff
	Secondary status: 66MHz- FastB2B+ ParErr- DEVSEL=medium >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort+ <SERR- <PERR-
	BridgeCtl: Parity- SERR- NoISA+ VGA- MAbort- >Reset- FastB2B-
		PriDiscTmr- SecDiscTmr- DiscTmrStat- DiscTmrSERREn-
	Kernel modules: shpchp

## 00.1e:0 is a bridge from 00 to 02-06
00:1f.0 ISA bridge [0601]: Intel Corporation 82801EB/ER (ICH5/ICH5R) LPC Interface Bridge [8086:24d0] (rev 02)
	Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle+ MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR+ FastB2B- DisINTx-

00:1f.1 IDE interface [0101]: Intel Corporation 82801EB/ER (ICH5/ICH5R) IDE Controller [8086:24db] (rev 02) (prog-if 8a [Master SecP PriP])
	Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx-
	Status: Cap- 66MHz- UDF- FastB2B+ ParErr- DEVSEL=medium >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR- INTx+
	Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 0
	Region 0: I/O ports at 01f0
	Region 1: I/O ports at 03f4
	Region 2: I/O ports at 0170
	Region 3: I/O ports at 0374
	Region 4: I/O ports at bfa0
	Region 5: Memory at 34000000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable)
	Kernel driver in use: ata_piix

00:1f.5 Multimedia audio controller [0401]: Intel Corporation 82801EB/ER (ICH5/ICH5R) AC'97 Audio Controller [8086:24d5] (rev 02)
	Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx-
	Status: Cap+ 66MHz- UDF- FastB2B+ ParErr- DEVSEL=medium >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR- INTx-
	Interrupt: pin B routed to IRQ 11
	Region 0: I/O ports at d800
	Region 1: I/O ports at dc40
	Region 2: Memory at f8fff800 (32-bit, non-prefetchable)
	Region 3: Memory at f8fff400 (32-bit, non-prefetchable)
		Flags: PMEClk- DSI- D1- D2- AuxCurrent=375mA PME(D0+,D1-,D2-,D3hot+,D3cold+)
	Kernel driver in use: Intel ICH
	Kernel modules: snd-intel8x0

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: ATI Technologies Inc RV350 [Mobility Radeon 9600 M10] [1002:4e50] (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])
	Subsystem: Dell Device [1028:017c]
	Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop+ ParErr- Stepping- SERR+ FastB2B- DisINTx-
	Status: Cap+ 66MHz+ UDF- FastB2B+ ParErr- DEVSEL=medium >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR- INTx-
	Latency: 32 (2000ns min), Cache Line Size: 32 bytes
	Region 0: Memory at f0000000 (32-bit, prefetchable)
	Region 1: I/O ports at c000
	Region 2: Memory at fcff0000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable)
	Expansion ROM at 80000000 [disabled]
	Capabilities: [58] AGP version 3.0
		Status: RQ=256 Iso- ArqSz=0 Cal=0 SBA+ ITACoh- GART64- HTrans- 64bit- FW+ AGP3+ Rate=x4,x8
		Command: RQ=32 ArqSz=2 Cal=0 SBA+ AGP+ GART64- 64bit- FW- Rate=x8
		Flags: PMEClk- DSI- D1+ D2+ AuxCurrent=0mA PME(D0-,D1-,D2-,D3hot-,D3cold-)

02:00.0 Ethernet controller [0200]: Broadcom Corporation BCM4401 100Base-T [14e4:4401] (rev 01)
	Subsystem: Dell Device [1028:8127]
	Status: Cap+ 66MHz- UDF- FastB2B- ParErr- DEVSEL=fast >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR- INTx-
	Region 0: Memory at faffe000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable)
	Capabilities: [40] Power Management version 2
		Flags: PMEClk- DSI- D1+ D2+ AuxCurrent=375mA PME(D0+,D1+,D2+,D3hot+,D3cold+)
	Kernel driver in use: b44
	Kernel modules: b44

02:01.0 CardBus bridge [0607]: Texas Instruments PCI4510 PC card Cardbus Controller [104c:ac44] (rev 02)
	Status: Cap+ 66MHz- UDF- FastB2B- ParErr- DEVSEL=medium >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR- INTx-
	Latency: 168, Cache Line Size: 64 bytes
	Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 255
	Region 0: Memory at fa000000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable)
	Bus: primary=02, secondary=03, subordinate=06, sec-latency=176
	Memory window 0: 30000000-33fff000 (prefetchable)
	Memory window 1: 38000000-3bfff000
	I/O window 0: 0000e000-0000e0ff
	I/O window 1: 0000e400-0000e4ff
	BridgeCtl: Parity- SERR- ISA- VGA- MAbort- >Reset+ 16bInt+ PostWrite+
	16-bit legacy interface ports at 0001
	Kernel driver in use: yenta_cardbus
	Kernel modules: yenta_socket

## 02.01:0 is a bridge from 02 to 03-06
02:01.1 FireWire (IEEE 1394) [0c00]: Texas Instruments PCI4510 IEEE-1394 Controller [104c:8029] (prog-if 10 [OHCI])
	Control: I/O- Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV+ VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR+ FastB2B- DisINTx-
	Status: Cap+ 66MHz- UDF- FastB2B- ParErr- DEVSEL=medium >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR- INTx-
	Latency: 32 (500ns min, 1000ns max), Cache Line Size: 32 bytes
	Region 0: Memory at faffd800 (32-bit, non-prefetchable)
	Region 1: Memory at faff8000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable)
	Capabilities: [44] Power Management version 2
		Flags: PMEClk- DSI- D1+ D2+ AuxCurrent=0mA PME(D0+,D1+,D2+,D3hot+,D3cold-)
	Kernel driver in use: ohci1394
	Kernel modules: ohci1394

02:03.0 Network controller [0280]: Broadcom Corporation BCM4306 802.11b/g Wireless LAN Controller [14e4:4320] (rev 02)
	Subsystem: Dell TrueMobile 1300 WLAN Mini-PCI Card [1028:0001]
	Status: Cap+ 66MHz- UDF- FastB2B- ParErr- DEVSEL=fast >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR- INTx-
	Region 0: Memory at faff6000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable)
	Capabilities: [40] Power Management version 2
		Flags: PMEClk- DSI- D1+ D2+ AuxCurrent=375mA PME(D0+,D1+,D2+,D3hot+,D3cold+)
	Kernel driver in use: b43-pci-bridge
	Kernel modules: ssb

Summary of buses:

00: Primary host bus
	1e.0 Bridge to 02-06
	01.0 Bridge to 01-01
01: Entered via 00:01.0
02: Entered via 00:1e.0
	01.0 Bridge to 03-06

dio444

The End

#18 Post by dio444 »

OK, after a week of fighting it, I give up. I have no clue where the issue really is. It just crashed out totally without save file (for the last few days I've been running without save file because it improves stability, though that doesn't seem to be enough to stop whatever's happening. So for now, I'm just going back to getting things done in older puppy versions. At the moment I'm in MyWolfe0.28. Will also be running 4.21 and 4.31. Maybe I'll give wary a serious spin...

Tom

flyhighdan

#19 Post by flyhighdan »

I have the same problem. I have same audio chip. Flash crashes randomly on all 3 browsers.

Had to do alsaconf to re-search sound card.

Network is now looking for a wlan. I uncheck wireless box as i am plugged in, and the setting doesn't take. So, eth and wlan bounces to getting ip and loosing it.

I am running lhp503g.

So, my questions is: could someone give me a link to a pet file for the latest nvidia driver for lighthouse puppy? They have 280.13 now, but the newest version I could find was 173...

Could someone give me a link to a pet file for the latest version of flash for lighthouse puppy?

Same thing, they have new stuff, and we can't upgrade because of compatability with puppy, unless someone posts uptodate pets.

moijdikssekool

#20 Post by moijdikssekool »

hello
i have the same problem
I'm doing some compilations of VLC. And i thought it was a problem related to this but i've done some tests and i conclude it is not. Whatever i do, installing flash or not, sound disappears after some reboots. I do a savefile where my sound works and as soons as it disappear, i reload this savefile and work with it until sound crash, this is not very cosy. If you want, i can do some tests for you