Gatotray

Window managers, icon programs, widgets, etc.
disciple

#21 Post by disciple »

Yes please, even if you don't post a binary, it would be good to post your source changes.
Do you know a good gtkdialog program? Please post a link here

Classic Puppy quotes

ROOT FOREVER
GTK2 FOREVER

pemasu

#22 Post by pemasu »

+1

gatopeich

#23 Post by gatopeich »

chiron wrote:I did some patching around with Gatotray, my version now starts GKrellm (when installed) on clicking. Plus, I fiddled with the values for the thermometer, so now it starts with 35°C, and reaches the top at 85°C. Blinking starts at 70°C. If I can remember how to do the simple text-file operations in C, I will make a config-file, where one can put temperature range, max temperature, the application to start on clicking, and the text that is displayed on mouseover.

If somebody is interested and Gatopeich doesn't mind, I will put it up for downloading.
Those look like good candidates for the new "Prefs/Settings" window I added to gatotray. I was indeed considering them, but the lack of feedback made the investment uninteresting. Would you like to work on integrating those changes as settings?

Here is gatotray's website where you can find tools for collaboration: http://code.google.com/p/gatotray/

chiron

#24 Post by chiron »

My knowledge of C is very basic, 20 years old, and strictly implementing algorithms ;) So I have to admit I don't know how to do anything related to UI, or even basic file operations for that matter.

As for feedback, I like your app. I changed the settings for the thermometer so I see the changes in the temp range that is interesting for me (never below 40°C and if it's above 85°C, well time to shut down)

I think I will load up the changed and commented source (not very much changed, after all), plus the binary, so anybody who wants to see the changes can just have a look. Changed source is in gatotray.c
Attachments
gatotray_patched_by_chiron.tar.gz
(30.07 KiB) Downloaded 521 times

clarf

#25 Post by clarf »

Hi,

I´m also interested in adding my changes on Puppy 2.14X gatotray version to the main source.

Feedback: I already posted the source and binary update in the first page of this thread (on response of a request made by user Béèm), where I included modifications to make gatotray work with older kernel versions (on 2.6.18.1 kernel the cpu freq isn't displayed) and suppressed errors when it doesn´t found some kernel files.

Regards,
clarf