[Q]aptitude(apt-get) usage?

For groups of packages that don't all fall under the same category
treken

[Q]aptitude(apt-get) usage?

#1 Post by treken »

I need to install aptitude on "fatdog" so I can download special packages for compiling android. I've used gnome-linux mint and also used debian-xfce but need something with a smaller foot print as all the tools I need are probably 4 gigs or so. Is there a way to add apt-get and create a "sources.list" to pull from? I've also tried damsmall linux, tiny core, and slitaz but all of those can't use the apt-get command. I heard from a friend that puppy was debian based? Anyway, can someone please help me get straight on this? :cry:

James C

Re: [Q]aptitude(apt-get) usage?

#2 Post by James C »

treken wrote:I need to install aptitude on "fatdog" so I can download special packages for compiling android. I've used gnome-linux mint and also used debian-xfce but need something with a smaller foot print as all the tools I need are probably 4 gigs or so. Is there a way to add apt-get and create a "sources.list" to pull from? I've also tried damsmall linux, tiny core, and slitaz but all of those can't use the apt-get command. I heard from a friend that puppy was debian based? Anyway, can someone please help me get straight on this? :cry:
Short answer,Puppy is not Debian based. Beyond that,I'm unaware of anyone getting apt-get working correctly in any Puppy.

treken

#3 Post by treken »

Ok. Thank you