Slacko 312.37 110807

A home for all kinds of Puppy related projects
DaveS

#421 Post by DaveS »

I have not tested Chrome on Slacko having given up on the whole nasty mess (Chrome that is) a couple of weeks back but in Spup1 I used to have to add these libs. The small image is of libs that Mozilla adds, so should be looked for within the /usr/lib/seamonkey directories.
Attachments
chromelibs2.png
(3.88 KiB) Downloaded 1515 times
chromelibs.png
(16.96 KiB) Downloaded 1574 times
Spup Frugal HD and USB
Root forever!

James C

#422 Post by James C »

I was bored so........removed JWM and added LXDE and PCmanfm.Got rid of that Thunar menu entry too. :lol:
Think that means I'm bored. :)
Attachments
lxde-pcmanfm.png
(76.93 KiB) Downloaded 1841 times

wuwei

pppoe problem in slacko

#423 Post by wuwei »

On page 26 of this thread rcrsn51 wrote:
This odd behaviour once showed up in an early Quirky or Wary. BK fixed it, but I don't know how.
Well, Barry's comment on his blog is this:
wuwei,
I just looked at that thread, I don't recall ever solving it -- perhaps I did, I just don't remember.
Alright? So I guess all hopes rest on you then, 01micko! :D

01micko

#424 Post by 01micko »

wuwei

The version I am putting up tonight is a full rebuild from the ground up with the new woof infrastructure. I'm hoping by some magic the bug disappears [ :roll: ]. Not exactly scientific, I have no clue. I searched all the pppoe scripts, nothing near a mention of "pdf".
I was mistaken in my earlier response, I only recompiled epdfview. The quirky version didn't run. I will redownload pppoe.. maybe something corrupt crept in.
Puppy Linux Blog - contact me for access

wuwei

#425 Post by wuwei »

Thanks 01micko,

looking forward to it and.........keeping the faith :D

Brown Mouse

Re: Chromium 15

#426 Post by Brown Mouse »

sszindian wrote:

I did a Chromium-15 download in Wary-5.1.3 and... IT DID NOT WORK there either so I did a command line on Chromium and it said it was trying to locate file libgcrypt.so.11

Would you both be kind enough to see if you each have that particular lib file installed or any libgcrypt.x files?

Appreciate it!

>>>---Indian------>
Yes,I have the following files installed :- libgcrypt.so,libgcrypt.so.11and libgcrypt.so.1.1.6.0

einar

#427 Post by einar »

James C wrote:I was bored so........removed JWM and added LXDE and PCmanfm.Got rid of that Thunar menu entry too. :lol:
Think that means I'm bored. :)
remaster and post iso ? :=) just wishing , are LXDE and PCmanfm available as pets / SFS ?

BR

Einar

01micko

#428 Post by 01micko »

Hi All

Uploading Slacko Beta 1 as I type, will be about half an hour or so.

It's a little bit exciting .. :lol:

There are still bugs I have not addressed. moving to "Official" required a lot of work as I had a very comfortable structure, so things like Frisbee, Synaptics are still in the same state, sorry. However there are a bunch of fixed bugs, ffmpeg, gnome-mplayer, Pmusic, BrokenDale [ :lol: ], stray menu items (thunar etc),

There will be a very well stocked PPM. Lots of QT stuff for those inclined, alternate multimedia stuff, Emacs, browsers... also the sfs still reside on smokey01 and brainwave but still should work. I'll consult with Barry about the best way to handle this.

There is still heaps to do. I appeal to any body that likes fixing bugs to knuckle down and give us a hand here in the Slacko thread (well in the new Beta thread anyway..).

The time schedule I have set is six weeks until release (late September). I think that gives us a comfortable Beta cycle. We are a maturing product, I have been on Slacko (aka spup) for 9 months now.

Package devs feel free to offer anything you can. Many Slackware packages work ootb but there is always room for more packages!

Ok, 'nuff drivel from me for half an hour at least :lol:

nooby

Re: Chromium 15

#429 Post by nooby »

sszindian wrote:
Nooby wrote:I was lucky using the Chromium pet. Just worked. Even Flash.
Would you both be kind enough to see if you each have that particular lib libgcrypt.so.11 file installed or any libgcrypt.x files?

Appreciate it!

>>>---Indian------>
Yes you are right. Yes I do have a libgcrypt.so.11 from 27 Dec that symlink to a libgcrypt.so.11.5.2 from 26 Dec 2010 so somebody kind made one for us back then.

Micko I do keep the faith in Slacko. :)

oops I see the time now on Murga is Today, at 12:25 pm so the file has not been uploaded yet. Still some time before it will be available then? You edit the first file and tell about it there don't you?
I use Google Search on Puppy Forum
not an ideal solution though

rcrsn51

Re: pppoe problem in slacko

#430 Post by rcrsn51 »

wuwei wrote:On page 26 of this thread rcrsn51 wrote:
This odd behaviour once showed up in an early Quirky or Wary. BK fixed it, but I don't know how.
Well, Barry's comment on his blog is this:
wuwei,
I just looked at that thread, I don't recall ever solving it -- perhaps I did, I just don't remember.
Alright? So I guess all hopes rest on you then, 01micko! :D
I can't duplicate this problem. When it showed up in Quirky/Wary, it was in a different context. I vaguely remember that the solution was to clear the shell history with "history -c". But I could be wrong.
Last edited by rcrsn51 on Wed 17 Aug 2011, 13:06, edited 1 time in total.

sszindian

Chromium 15

#431 Post by sszindian »

nooby - Brown Mouse - Dave S

Thanks for the posts on the 'lib' files.... just maybe with enough time (and it appears it's going to take some time) one of us (or someone with a lot of knowledge on browsers) will be able to figure out just what makes this Chromium animal click? I hope so!

>>>---Indian------>
Cloud Computing For Every Puppy (a .pet)
[url]http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=69192[/url]

aarf

#432 Post by aarf »

nooby

#433 Post by nooby »

aarf I would have no clue if you had not shared that link. Much appreciated you cared about us that miss such announcements.
I thought it would be in the first post in the threads I write in but being beta he most likely want comments on that one separate. That is important too.

To not mix up comments. I download and check how it acts up.
I use Google Search on Puppy Forum
not an ideal solution though

Sage

#434 Post by Sage »

Slack has always been one of my favourites, but, sadly, a very brief look at this Puppy proved disappointing. Won't get another chance to mess with it until tomorrow, but one glaring issue was browser display. Had never, ever seen 'aliasing' on any of my kit before, ancient or modern - didn't know what folks were complaining about. Now I see it for the first time (ATI - RV6DE). SM I hate anyway, so don't understand slavish adherence to it in derivatives? The curious reluctance to default to a mixture of US and Oz localisations continues to puzzle despite being raised here several times.
Notwithstanding this, and other apparent issues, the overall presentation is rather pleasant as well as the speed.

Stripe

#435 Post by Stripe »

mispost please remove
sorry
stripe

01micko

#436 Post by 01micko »

Sage wrote:Slack has always been one of my favourites, but, sadly, a very brief look at this Puppy proved disappointing. Won't get another chance to mess with it until tomorrow, but one glaring issue was browser display. Had never, ever seen 'aliasing' on any of my kit before, ancient or modern - didn't know what folks were complaining about. Now I see it for the first time (ATI - RV6DE). SM I hate anyway, so don't understand slavish adherence to it in derivatives? The curious reluctance to default to a mixture of US and Oz localisations continues to puzzle despite being raised here several times.
Notwithstanding this, and other apparent issues, the overall presentation is rather pleasant as well as the speed.
My bad Sage.. there is a template in woof that partially strips libxcb* (all variants included) and this cripples rendering in some kit in Slacko. While my old brookdale (once the bugs were sorted) rendered beautifully my recent radeon looked like fly poo on the monitor! Please test beta 2 when you get the chance (approx a week away).. seamonkey wont be so mucky.

Sage

#437 Post by Sage »

Glad it's not my finger trouble!
I know BK hates me maligning SM, but really, from a user viewpoint it's pants. Noted that the new Salix LXDE 13.37 (Slack-ish) has decamped to Midori; a sound choice, although Opera remains my favourite. Sometimes it's better, at least for those who are able, to worry the h*ll out of good apps that have Flash or other issues, even if it means writing to the developers. Noted that BK does indeed communicate with originators, most of whom are co-operative. The Salix guys seem to have a lot of good ideas, but still behind the vision encapsulated in Puppies.
HW or SW development needs real stamina! I only do the former.