Need proper driver for Netgear FA411 ethernet card

bugminer

Need proper driver for Netgear FA411 ethernet card

#1 Post by bugminer »

Hi, I need a driver for a netgear FA411 PCMCIA ethernet card. I'm tired of mucking about with a module (axnet_cs) that isn't 100% right but is the only one that will work after rebooting and even then you have to be a touch lucky.

I have puppy linux 5.2.5 with kernel 2.6.33.2.

Thanks for any help

Btw There is another thread regarding this problem http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=70202

bugminer

#2 Post by bugminer »

I originally posted this in Additional Software>>Requests, Can I please have a reason why this was shifted?

I've started two threads and both have been shifted without a reason given. I have no problem with them being shifted, I'd just like to know why so I can correct mistakes I have seemingly made. Thank you.

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#3 Post by Flash »

Because I thought you'd be more likely to get a useful response here, and because if you did resolve your problem, it would do more good to put it here, since this is where other people with the same problem as you have would be most likely to look for an answer before they post. :)

Did you read Tempestuous' post in the thread you refer to?

bugminer

#4 Post by bugminer »

Ty for the response, Flash. No, I haven't seen that post yet, I'll go and read it.