Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Fri 28 Nov 2014, 03:15
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Derivatives
Watch Dog puppy - still maintained?
Moderators: Flash, JohnMurga
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic
Page 1 of 2 [27 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2 Next
Author Message
darkcity


Joined: 23 May 2010
Posts: 2479
Location: near here

PostPosted: Wed 27 Jul 2011, 16:26    Post subject:  Watch Dog puppy - still maintained?  

Does anyone know if Watch Dog puppy is still going...

http://puppylinux.org/wikka/WatchDog

Working my way down the list at
http://puppylinux.org/wikka/PuppyVersion

if anybody know if any Puplets in the list or second table are active or not that'd be useful

Wink

_________________
helping Wiki for help | IF SendSpace link = "dead" THEN PM me ("up file to http://meownplanet.net/")
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website 
CatDude


Joined: 03 Jan 2007
Posts: 1497
Location: UK

PostPosted: Thu 28 Jul 2011, 03:08    Post subject: Re: Watch Dog puppy - still maintained?  

Hello darkcity

darkcity wrote:
Does anyone know if Watch Dog puppy is still going...


As you are probably already aware, it's creator hushpuppy has not logged into the forum since: Tue Jul 01, 2008
so i would have to say that the answer to that is (unfortunately) NO it isn't.

CatDude
.

_________________

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
darkcity


Joined: 23 May 2010
Posts: 2479
Location: near here

PostPosted: Thu 28 Jul 2011, 04:47    Post subject:  

thanks for the heads up, is there any other Puppy that does a similar job?
_________________
helping Wiki for help | IF SendSpace link = "dead" THEN PM me ("up file to http://meownplanet.net/")
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website 
CatDude


Joined: 03 Jan 2007
Posts: 1497
Location: UK

PostPosted: Thu 28 Jul 2011, 05:19    Post subject:  

Hi

darkcity wrote:
...is there any other Puppy that does a similar job?

Not that i am aware of, but...

I have been messing around with a personal project based on: wary-511-k2.6.32.28
it has the following packages installed:
    httpd-2.2.19 (Apache)
    mysql-5.5.13
    php-5.3.6
    phpMyAdmin-3.4.3.1-all-languages
    ZoneMinder-1.24.4

I suppose you could call it a more up to date Watchdog (i refer to it as Wary Watcher Laughing ),
it is by no means perfect (read: Bug Free) but it does work (with my camera at least)

There are no extra drivers installed. (sorry)

If anyone is interested i could upload a copy so they could try it,
though i do not intend to "Maintain it" as such.

The ISO is roughly around 190 MB

CatDude
.

_________________

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
CLAM01

Joined: 22 May 2010
Posts: 79

PostPosted: Thu 28 Jul 2011, 20:40    Post subject:  

darkcity,

Watchdog puppy 2 appears to still be available for download at this url:

http://www.doubleburgerbar.com/watchdog/

Version 2, uploaded in December 2008, is apparently based on a Debian package build of puppy that the url below indicates hushpuppy was working on in June, 2008:

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=30136

The website appears to be maintained, but appears to have not been updated in a while. The contact info might be valid.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
aarf

Joined: 30 Aug 2007
Posts: 3620
Location: around the bend

PostPosted: Thu 28 Jul 2011, 21:11    Post subject:  

CatDude wrote:
Hi

darkcity wrote:
...is there any other Puppy that does a similar job?

Not that i am aware of, but...

I have been messing around with a personal project based on: wary-511-k2.6.32.28
it has the following packages installed:
    httpd-2.2.19 (Apache)
    mysql-5.5.13
    php-5.3.6
    phpMyAdmin-3.4.3.1-all-languages
    ZoneMinder-1.24.4

I suppose you could call it a more up to date Watchdog (i refer to it as Wary Watcher Laughing ),
it is by no means perfect (read: Bug Free) but it does work (with my camera at least)

There are no extra drivers installed. (sorry)

If anyone is interested i could upload a copy so they could try it,
though i do not intend to "Maintain it" as such.

The ISO is roughly around 190 MB

CatDude
.

I did try with zm1.24.4, xampp, latest perl, and 525. After days of effort got a long way through but not actually working. Would be interested in seeing your iso. Dont know how you got it so small

_________________

ASUS EeePC Flare series 1025C 4x Intel Atom N2800 @ 1.86GHz RAM 2063MB 800x600p ATA 320G
_-¤-_

<º))))><.¸¸.•´¯`•.#.•´¯`•.¸¸. ><((((º>
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website 
aarf

Joined: 30 Aug 2007
Posts: 3620
Location: around the bend

PostPosted: Sat 30 Jul 2011, 08:58    Post subject:  

i am hoping the new pussy from sickgut with 100% debian apt-get compatibility will be a suitable substrate for zoneminder so have paused other efforts..
_________________

ASUS EeePC Flare series 1025C 4x Intel Atom N2800 @ 1.86GHz RAM 2063MB 800x600p ATA 320G
_-¤-_

<º))))><.¸¸.•´¯`•.#.•´¯`•.¸¸. ><((((º>
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website 
CatDude


Joined: 03 Jan 2007
Posts: 1497
Location: UK

PostPosted: Sat 30 Jul 2011, 15:54    Post subject: wary-watcher-511  

Hello aarf

Sorry for the delay in responding

aarf wrote:
Would be interested in seeing your iso. Dont know how you got it so small

Well i deleted quite a bit. Laughing
    I deleted: /root/.cpan (this bugger was about 117 MB)
    and a load of crap from mysql. (this bugger was about 312 MB)

    /usr/local/mysql/docs (11 MB)
    /usr/local/mysql/mysql-test/suite (93 MB)

    I then stripped the bin & lib files (saving around 63 MB by doing that)
    So, the mysql directory alone ended up at around 145 MB (ish)

    Total saving of around 284 MB just by deleting that lot.


I'm not sure if it was safe or not to delete the /usr/local/mysql/mysql-test/suite directory,
could anyone say for sure Question

Anyways, for those that want to have a play with it,
you can grab a copy from here:


For those who are not in the UK,
you may want to edit the timezone that is set in: /usr/local/php/lib/php.ini
@ line 998
it is currently set to: Europe/London

CatDude
.
ww511.png
Description 
png

 Download 
Filename  ww511.png 
Filesize  388.49 KB 
Downloaded  741 Time(s) 

_________________


Last edited by CatDude on Fri 25 Jul 2014, 15:27; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
CLAM01

Joined: 22 May 2010
Posts: 79

PostPosted: Sat 30 Jul 2011, 19:24    Post subject:  

Looking into hushpuppy's Watchdog 2, it appears he went from a puppy base to a Debian live-cd base, for which it ceased to be a puppy.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
darkcity


Joined: 23 May 2010
Posts: 2479
Location: near here

PostPosted: Mon 01 Aug 2011, 07:05    Post subject:  

thanks for the updates added wary watcher to wiki

http://puppylinux.org/wikka/PuppyVersion

_________________
helping Wiki for help | IF SendSpace link = "dead" THEN PM me ("up file to http://meownplanet.net/")
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website 
aarf

Joined: 30 Aug 2007
Posts: 3620
Location: around the bend

PostPosted: Mon 01 Aug 2011, 08:24    Post subject:  

thanks CatDude downloading now.
Code:
wget -4c --http-user=puppy --http-password=linux http://puppylinuxstuff.meownplanet.net/catdude/ISOs/tests/wary-watcher/wary-watcher-511-k2.6.32.28.iso
my first wary Surprised
_________________

ASUS EeePC Flare series 1025C 4x Intel Atom N2800 @ 1.86GHz RAM 2063MB 800x600p ATA 320G
_-¤-_

<º))))><.¸¸.•´¯`•.#.•´¯`•.¸¸. ><((((º>
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website 
CatDude


Joined: 03 Jan 2007
Posts: 1497
Location: UK

PostPosted: Mon 01 Aug 2011, 08:43    Post subject:  

Hello aarf

aarf wrote:
thanks CatDude downloading now.

No problem mate, i just hope it works for you (and anyone else who tries it)
In that screenshot i posted above,
you can see on the two windows with the pics of me in them, various buttons (pause etc and a progress bar),
well they do not appear to work.

I don't know if it is down to something i have done (or not done),
or if it is simply a fault of Zoneminder itself.


Let me know how you get on with it.

CatDude

P.S
I see you figured out the Username/Password for the download,
i forgot to add it Embarassed (now rectified)
.

_________________

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
aarf

Joined: 30 Aug 2007
Posts: 3620
Location: around the bend

PostPosted: Mon 01 Aug 2011, 15:49    Post subject:  

re wary watcher.
everything looks good got internet connection got into phpmyadmin and exported a zm.sql to see why it doesnt look anything like my 525 try.
can change from stopped to started in the zm interface but no camera or images. probably have to go back and read the instruction again.

_________________

ASUS EeePC Flare series 1025C 4x Intel Atom N2800 @ 1.86GHz RAM 2063MB 800x600p ATA 320G
_-¤-_

<º))))><.¸¸.•´¯`•.#.•´¯`•.¸¸. ><((((º>
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website 
CatDude


Joined: 03 Jan 2007
Posts: 1497
Location: UK

PostPosted: Wed 10 Aug 2011, 11:30    Post subject:  

Hello aarf

aarf wrote:
...can change from stopped to started in the zm interface but no camera or images. probably have to go back and read the instruction again.

You need to load the driver for your camera, then configure it in the Source window.

Once you have the driver installed,
you can run the following command to get some details about your camera which will help configure it:
Code:
zmu -d /dev/video -V 1 -q -v


It takes a bit of trial & error with regard to the Capture Width/Capture Height values,
also the Capture Method depends on your camera,
i have one here that will only work with Video For Linux version 1 (USB Pace VC6452V002 ZoomCam)
and another one (built-in on Acer Laptop) SuYin 1.3M HD Webcam that will only work with Video For Linux version 2

    NOTE:
    After making any changes to the config of the camera (and saving them Wink ),
    it may be necessary to restart ZoneMinder (via the console window)


Drivers for both the above cameras are already installed,
the Pace VC6452V002 ZoomCam required that i modprobed cpia_usb
and the SuYin 1.3M HD Webcam required that i modprobed uvcvideo

If you take a look in: /lib/modules/2.6.32.28/kernel/drivers/media/video
you will see that there are quite a few drivers pre-installed (ie: those already in Wary)
As i said, i did not add any drivers myself.

Hope this helps
CatDude
.
acer-inbuilt-webcam.png
 Description   
 Filesize   27.94 KB
 Viewed   3848 Time(s)

acer-inbuilt-webcam.png

acer-inbuilt-webcam1.png
 Description   
 Filesize   178.24 KB
 Viewed   3875 Time(s)

acer-inbuilt-webcam1.png


_________________

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
aarf

Joined: 30 Aug 2007
Posts: 3620
Location: around the bend

PostPosted: Wed 10 Aug 2011, 12:58    Post subject:  

CatDude wrote:
Hello aarf

aarf wrote:
...can change from stopped to started in the zm interface but no camera or images. probably have to go back and read the instruction again.

You need to load the driver for your camera, then configure it in the Source window.

Once you have the driver installed,
you can run the following command to get some details about your camera which will help configure it:
Code:
zmu -d /dev/video -V 1 -q -v


It takes a bit of trial & error with regard to the Capture Width/Capture Height values,
also the Capture Method depends on your camera,
i have one here that will only work with Video For Linux version 1 (USB Pace VC6452V002 ZoomCam)
and another one (built-in on Acer Laptop) SuYin 1.3M HD Webcam that will only work with Video For Linux version 2

    NOTE:
    After making any changes to the config of the camera (and saving them Wink ),
    it may be necessary to restart ZoneMinder (via the console window)


Drivers for both the above cameras are already installed,
the Pace VC6452V002 ZoomCam required that i modprobed cpia_usb
and the SuYin 1.3M HD Webcam required that i modprobed uvcvideo

If you take a look in: /lib/modules/2.6.32.28/kernel/drivers/media/video
you will see that there are quite a few drivers pre-installed (ie: those already in Wary)
As i said, i did not add any drivers myself.

Hope this helps
CatDude
.

thanks catdude.
"Once you have the driver installed, "
hmm yes i had also figured i would need to do some driver searching and reading to get it going. it was a too daunting task then and as i am having a slack attack now too, with my brain refusing to think, this will be done sometime later.

_________________

ASUS EeePC Flare series 1025C 4x Intel Atom N2800 @ 1.86GHz RAM 2063MB 800x600p ATA 320G
_-¤-_

<º))))><.¸¸.•´¯`•.#.•´¯`•.¸¸. ><((((º>
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website 
Display posts from previous:   Sort by:   
Page 1 of 2 [27 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2 Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Derivatives
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
[ Time: 0.1046s ][ Queries: 13 (0.0123s) ][ GZIP on ]