kde-3.5.0 puppy iso downloads

News, happenings
R3MF

#61 Post by R3MF »

cheers.

SamSung

#62 Post by SamSung »

I am having some difficulties with Puppy and KDE installing to HDD

see my post here http://forum.puppylinux.net/viewtopic.php?t=74 whilst I am looking into that a question for the more talented than myself.

I want Puppy and KDE installed on HDD, not a poor mans install either what is the best way of achieving these, could I use a mega puppy or something else. I only want KDE fully working, the apps I can add later.

Any ideas, has anyone else got Puppy and KDE installed to a HDD without then experiencing probs.

As always thanks

Sam

EDIT some hours later

Ok the opt folder and the symlink to usr was missing I have replaced this but not a lot has changed I have found many of the scripts in /usr/sbin so have been able to set up the video and networking.

I cannot get the menu editor to work though in that I cannot find it or do not know the name of the file to call from the commandline. I can call Konqueror from the commandline and it works.

Anyone any ideas on the easiest way to get Puppy and KDE working as I am pulling my hair our. It may look good thanks to KDE but the implementation is poor.

Cheers

SamSung

#63 Post by SamSung »

Ok more news I found the menueditor in /usr/bin ran this and just saved the current file that was in it and I have the original puppy kde menu.

I have also noticed that there are libs missing for some apps.

More later

chubbypuppy

Help

#64 Post by chubbypuppy »

Hi I really liked the Chubby Puppy distro, is their anyway that you could make another, on the latest puppy 2.02??? also i would love to see a web designers puppy distro, with open office and nvu, plus graphics and text editors, if thats possible and maybe call it Designer Puppy, or maybe a Yuppy Puppy? maybe a Business edition? But the web design is my first choice, I just like the sound of Yuppy Puppy,:) Also A vista Gui, with a puppy start would be cool, i like the black style start menu with white background and black taskbar, plus the glowing page close, reduce, min. when you hover over them, I know its a long list but i checked it twice and Christmas is comming soon and thats all i want, Lol keep up the great work @@@@@ 5 stars linux distro, Puppy rules and microsoft users are fools.

Lobster
Official Crustacean

#65 Post by Lobster »

Puppy Raspup 8.2Final 8)
Puppy Links Page http://www.smokey01.com/bruceb/puppy.html :D

laserbeak

#66 Post by laserbeak »

wouldnt i just be able to install KDE without having to download and burn a whole other cd?