Kudos List - Who are your Unsung Heroes in the Puppy world?

Using applications, configuring, problems
Aitch

Kudos List - Who are your Unsung Heroes in the Puppy world?

#1 Post by Aitch »

I recently posted an appeal for help to the DEVs, who work away tirelessly, so we get to enjoy our Puppy the way we like, and so we can improve the Puppy Experience

Who are your Unsung Heroes, and why?

Maybe a developer, for solving your problem with their derivative and hardware?

Or maybe someone working in the background for all puppy users, like rerwin, or tempestuous, without whom, we'd all be worse of

Maybe the bling team, dejan555 and trio, for making your puppy's appearance and desktop functionality, the envy of all your friends

Or a programmer who shared some really neat bit of code

Or, maybe someone who helped you the first time you came to the forum, who regularly helps noobies?

Maybe it's Barry K himself, without whose efforts there would be no Puppy

Or maybe, John de Murga, without whom there would be no forum, without intrusive adverts, mostly solidly and reliably there every day

Or the mods/admins who keep it chugging away without too much spam, or bad-mouthed users and abuse

I'd also like to say a special thanks to tempestuous, Hairy Will, and pizzasgood for helping me back in 2007 when I 1st came here with a problem, back in 2.14 days, and a UK BT wireless problem, which got sorted, of course....

Here's my list of devs so far, not in any particular order,

playdayz, 01micko, ttuuxxx, big_bass and amigo, runtt21 and prit1, puppyluvr, Sylvander, Scottman, Iguleder, mu, raffy, dougal, jemimah, John Biles, pizzasgood, pemasu, rerwin, tempestuous, CatDude, dejan555, trio, tasmod, Flash, trapster, crash, aragon, sunburnt, rcrsn51, muggins, zigbert, Bruce B, Béèm, magerlab, nyu, YoN, shinobar, clarf, 8-bit, thunor, sickgut, tazoc, sheepy, battleshooter, and all those who I haven't mentioned, including those in the non-English sections, - what a team!! :D

KUDOS to you all!

Take a Bow, :wink: Please, all you wonderful folks!!

Please add your suggestion to the Kudos list, thanks

Note: Apologies if you haven't been mentioned yet! - Patience, we're getting there :wink:

Aitch :)

rokytnji

#2 Post by rokytnji »

Mine are (tops to Barry Kauler and John Murga also)
playdayz
runt21
GrumpyWolfe
jemimah
BigMike
tazoc
CatDude
hondasid

I have many many others and sorry if I missed including you because this community is HUGE and chock full of talent.

Plus many others that are not developers but just good folk like
nooby,morganzola,stu, sneekylinux, bigpup,beem, hell I could go on forever.

Thanks one and all from a desert creature. 8)

Béèm
Location: Brussels IBM Thinkpad R40, 256MB, 20GB, WiFi ipw2100. Frugal Lin'N'Win

#3 Post by Béèm »

When I started with Puppy MU helped me a lot.
And Dougal tried to get FireWire working in these early days also.

I can add Karl godt to the list as he has a good insight in Puppy's working

A neutral order of a list has always been the alphabetical one.
Time savers:
Find packages in a snap and install using Puppy Package Manager (Menu).
[url=http://puppylinux.org/wikka/HomePage]Consult Wikka[/url]
Use peppyy's [url=http://wellminded.com/puppy/pupsearch.html]puppysearch[/url]

Aitch

#4 Post by Aitch »

A neutral order of a list has always been the alphabetical one.
A man after my own heart, thanks, Béèm

An alphabetic list will follow in PLUG, once 2 other admin nominees come forward to agree a forum structure plan [only one, now, as ttuuxxx has committed] :wink:

Meantime, here's a list sorted by using this tool, set as csv

http://www.textfixer.com/tools/alphabet ... -words.php

01micko, 8-bit, amigo, aragon, battleshooter, big_bass, BigMike, Bruce B, Béèm, CatDude, clarf, crash, dejan555, dougal, Flash, GrumpyWolfe, hondasid, Iguleder, jemimah, John Biles, Karl Godt, magerlab, mu, muggins, nyu, pemasu, pizzasgood, playdayz, prit1, puppyluvr, raffy, rcrsn51, rerwin, runtt21, Scottman, sheepy, shinobar, sickgut, sunburnt, Sylvander, tasmod, tazoc, tempestuous, thunor, trapster, trio, ttuuxxx, vovchik, YoN, zigbert,

suggestions plus vovchik added

I am doing this as an 'until', as they are preparatory :D

I'm exploring Free mind, but it is quite spaghetti-ish

Aitch :)

Bruce B

#5 Post by Bruce B »

The Medit text editor can be downloaded from what I call the "official" repository. It has a sort option built in.

(also I'm not a developer on any formal project)

~