Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Mon 01 Sep 2014, 16:10
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Eye Candy
My Puppy is more gorgeous than yours!
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic
Page 113 of 158 [2365 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, ..., 156, 157, 158 Next
Author Message
maik.murks


Joined: 28 Mar 2011
Posts: 331
Location: at home, at work or on holidays

PostPosted: Sun 17 Jul 2011, 05:13    Post subject:  

Wink
{rsomd}
w42x3-thumb.jpg
 Description   
 Filesize   39.45 KB
 Viewed   6697 Time(s)

w42x3-thumb.jpg

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
lowrider


Joined: 24 Jun 2011
Posts: 45
Location: Germany

PostPosted: Sun 17 Jul 2011, 06:38    Post subject:  

Just playing with Puppy 5.2 and E16 Windowmanager
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
Aitch


Joined: 04 Apr 2007
Posts: 6825
Location: Chatham, Kent, UK

PostPosted: Sun 17 Jul 2011, 12:11    Post subject:  

Love that electric blue...lowrider

Very smooth Very Happy

Aitch Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
stu90


Joined: 25 Feb 2010
Posts: 1401
Location: England. Dell Inspiron 1501. Dpup

PostPosted: Thu 21 Jul 2011, 09:09    Post subject:  

Lucid Puppy 265.
Crunchbang conky, tint2 panel with a mygtkmenu launcher, transparent urxvt terminal - no rox pinboard as default for clean look, can be switched on / off on the fly for quick access to normal puppy desktop icons / drives.


full res:
http://i.imgur.com/WZXTW.jpg
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
Q5sys


Joined: 11 Dec 2008
Posts: 1047

PostPosted: Thu 21 Jul 2011, 18:44    Post subject:  

stu90 wrote:
Lucid Puppy 265.
Crunchbang conky, tint2 panel with a mygtkmenu launcher, transparent urxvt terminal - no rox pinboard as default for clean look, can be switched on / off on the fly for quick access to normal puppy desktop icons / drives.


full res:
http://i.imgur.com/WZXTW.jpg


as always... I love your work. Smile

_________________



My PC is for sale
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
sc0ttman


Joined: 16 Sep 2009
Posts: 2376
Location: UK

PostPosted: Fri 22 Jul 2011, 08:20    Post subject:  

stu90 wrote:
no rox pinboard as default for clean look, can be switched on / off on the fly for quick access

How are you achieving this? I wanna compare notes!

_________________
Akita Linux, VLC-GTK, Pup Search, Pup File Search
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
stu90


Joined: 25 Feb 2010
Posts: 1401
Location: England. Dell Inspiron 1501. Dpup

PostPosted: Fri 22 Jul 2011, 08:56    Post subject:  

Q5sys wrote:


as always... I love your work. Smile


Thanks Q5sys Cool

To be honest i wasn't to happy with the conky - i like this one more and it also does the weather as well.


full res:
http://i.imgur.com/j8Ja2.jpg
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
stu90


Joined: 25 Feb 2010
Posts: 1401
Location: England. Dell Inspiron 1501. Dpup

PostPosted: Fri 22 Jul 2011, 09:03    Post subject:  

sc0ttman wrote:
stu90 wrote:
no rox pinboard as default for clean look, can be switched on / off on the fly for quick access

How are you achieving this? I wanna compare notes!


Hi sc0ttman,
I use a Yad script in /root/my-applications/bin
and a pinstate text file in /root/Choices/ROX-Filer with ON or OFF in it depending on desktop state.
This is not persistent though as default is set to no pinboard in .xinitrc
Code:
TITLE="Desk Set"
VER="0.1"
TEXT=" <b>Turn desktop and icons On?</b> "
TEXT1=" <b>Turn desktop and icons Off?</b> "

PINFO="`cat /root/Choices/ROX-Filer/pinstate`"
if [[ "$PINFO" == "OFF" ]]; then

### turn desk and icons on ###
    ON=$(yad --title="$TITLE $VER" --text="$TEXT" --button="gtk-quit:1" --button="gtk-apply:0" )
    RESULTS=$?
   
    case $RESULTS in
    0)
    rox --pinboard=/root/Choices/ROX-Filer/PuppyPin
    echo "ON" > /root/Choices/ROX-Filer/pinstate
    echo "Turned desk and icons ON" && exit
    ;;
    1)
    echo "Exit" && exit
    ;;
    esac
   
else   

### turn desk and icons off ###
    OFF=$(yad --title="$TITLE $VER" --text="$TEXT1" --button="gtk-quit:1" --button="gtk-apply:0" )
    RESULTS=$?
   
    case $RESULTS in
    0)
    rox --pinboard=
    echo "OFF" > /root/Choices/ROX-Filer/pinstate
    echo "Turned desk and icons OFF" && exit
    ;;
    1)
    echo "Exit" && exit
    ;;
    esac

fi
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
lowrider


Joined: 24 Jun 2011
Posts: 45
Location: Germany

PostPosted: Fri 22 Jul 2011, 16:10    Post subject:  

@stu90
so nice, reminds me of my crunchbang.

@all
we all know puppy is great, but is it ok to post a screenshot of other OS here in this thread or is there perhaps a other thread here on the forum for this? i have searched a bit around with no success. anyway, dont want to mess up this fine thread so i post 2 screenshots of my crunchbang only as a url:
clean: http://i55.tinypic.com/ehf8nr.png
dirty: http://i55.tinypic.com/2eldu02.png

so, look on the ram-usage on the conky and keep in mind there is a chromium running in the back. not bad for a fullfeed lightweight distro...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
sc0ttman


Joined: 16 Sep 2009
Posts: 2376
Location: UK

PostPosted: Fri 22 Jul 2011, 17:03    Post subject:  

stu90 wrote:
sc0ttman wrote:
stu90 wrote:
no rox pinboard as default for clean look, can be switched on / off on the fly for quick access

How are you achieving this? I wanna compare notes!


Hi sc0ttman,
I use a Yad script in /root/my-applications/bin
and a pinstate text file in /root/Choices/ROX-Filer with ON or OFF in it depending on desktop state.
This is not persistent though as default is set to no pinboard in .xinitrc

Nice, I may give my own script a change or two...

And what is the "not conky" thing that you're running to show system info over the wallpaper? Is it a root-tail thing, like PMConky (from goingnuts)? Cos I can't get that to work with later versions of JWM, but if your method is different I may give that a go..

_________________
Akita Linux, VLC-GTK, Pup Search, Pup File Search
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
Q5sys


Joined: 11 Dec 2008
Posts: 1047

PostPosted: Fri 22 Jul 2011, 18:37    Post subject:  

stu90 wrote:
Q5sys wrote:


as always... I love your work. Smile


Thanks Q5sys Cool

To be honest i wasn't to happy with the conky - i like this one more and it also does the weather as well.


full res:
http://i.imgur.com/j8Ja2.jpg


I was never a fan of conky either. I usually stick with Gkrellm. However those fancy lua themes for conky have me thinking twice...

_________________



My PC is for sale
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
stu90


Joined: 25 Feb 2010
Posts: 1401
Location: England. Dell Inspiron 1501. Dpup

PostPosted: Sat 23 Jul 2011, 08:03    Post subject:  

lowrider wrote:
@stu90
so nice, reminds me of my crunchbang.

@all
we all know puppy is great, but is it ok to post a screenshot of other OS here in this thread or is there perhaps a other thread here on the forum for this? i have searched a bit around with no success. anyway, dont want to mess up this fine thread so i post 2 screenshots of my crunchbang only as a url:
clean: http://i55.tinypic.com/ehf8nr.png
dirty: http://i55.tinypic.com/2eldu02.png

so, look on the ram-usage on the conky and keep in mind there is a chromium running in the back. not bad for a fullfeed lightweight distro...


Hi lowrider - nice setup Cool
Crunchbang with its minimalist style was a firm favorite of mine while distro hopping - if i didn't use puppy full time then i would use Crunchbang.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
stu90


Joined: 25 Feb 2010
Posts: 1401
Location: England. Dell Inspiron 1501. Dpup

PostPosted: Sat 23 Jul 2011, 08:16    Post subject:  

sc0ttman wrote:

Nice, I may give my own script a change or two...

And what is the "not conky" thing that you're running to show system info over the wallpaper? Is it a root-tail thing, like PMConky (from goingnuts)? Cos I can't get that to work with later versions of JWM, but if your method is different I may give that a go..


Hi sc0ttman,
Sorry i wasn't to clear in my previous post - that is still conky i am using just a different .conkyrc + a weather script to the original.
Cool
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
stu90


Joined: 25 Feb 2010
Posts: 1401
Location: England. Dell Inspiron 1501. Dpup

PostPosted: Sat 23 Jul 2011, 08:20    Post subject:  

Q5sys wrote:


I was never a fan of conky either. I usually stick with Gkrellm. However those fancy lua themes for conky have me thinking twice...


Hi Q5sys,

Yes there are some pretty impressive conky setups about - i think Dejan555 posted about using the above on dpup? Cool
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
Q5sys


Joined: 11 Dec 2008
Posts: 1047

PostPosted: Sat 23 Jul 2011, 16:51    Post subject:  

stu90 wrote:
Hi Q5sys,

Yes there are some pretty impressive conky setups about - i think Dejan555 posted about using the above on dpup? Cool

yea thats where I found it. there are a ton of other nifty setups people have done with lua and conky like


btw... what tint2 config are you using? would you mind upping a tar.gz of it?

_________________



My PC is for sale
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
Display posts from previous:   Sort by:   
Page 113 of 158 [2365 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, ..., 156, 157, 158 Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Eye Candy
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
[ Time: 0.1241s ][ Queries: 13 (0.0383s) ][ GZIP on ]