How to transfer pictures from Canon A520 Camera to Puppy?

What works, and doesn't, for you. Be specific, and please include Puppy version.
Fishy

How to transfer pictures from Canon A520 Camera to Puppy?

#1 Post by Fishy »

Hi All

I searched the forum for information on downloading pictures from my Canon A520 and only found a couple of threads from wayyyy back in 2005. Since I don't want to mess up my nice pristine installation of Puppy2.01 has any additional programs (simple) been made available?

My camera appears in USBviewer but not as a drive. I would hope that I have missed the appropriate program in PuPget. Seems to me that most families are getting digital camera and Puppy is a logical distro for the average family, so a simple photo program would be a good fit.

Very happy Woofer :lol:

MU

#2 Post by MU »

my external harddisk also does not appear as drive in usbview, but it is visible in MUT.
Have you tried MUT?

You might have to run
modprobe usb-storage
or
modprobe usbstorage

so that it is recognized.
Mark

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#3 Post by Flash »

I have a Canon A510. I use a $10 MediaGear USB adapter that you put a SD card into and plug into the computer. It mounts with MUT as any USB drive would, and the Canon folders and files show up in Puppy just fine.
[url=http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=69321][color=blue]Puppy Help 101 - an interactive tutorial for Lupu 5.25[/color][/url]

Nathan F

#4 Post by Nathan F »

There is no official program in pupget, but gtkam is available from grafpup.com and will more than likely work for you. Installation should be painless, just download the package from http://grafpup.com/packages/ and then install as an alien package with pupget.

I also like Flash's advice about the card reader. This is what I do most of the time, but mine is a built in front panel version.

Nathan
Bring on the locusts ...

Fishy

#5 Post by Fishy »

Thanks gtkam worked like a charm!