Lucid Puppy 5.2.7 RC2

A home for all kinds of Puppy related projects
James C

#281 Post by James C »

Forum error...... :lol:
Last edited by James C on Sun 10 Jul 2011, 20:06, edited 3 times in total.

bigpup

#282 Post by bigpup »

bigpup wrote:
playdayz wrote:
I just made a multi-session CD of Luci 262.
Used Burniso2cd
Multi-session CD works fine for me no problems booting with or saving to CD.
Do you have a second machine to test it on?
Well, seems it will only work on the computer it was burned on.
Tried on another computer and not even recognized.
Using Burniso2CD
Tried making another multisession CD of Luci 263 and using it on the two computers I have.
First just burned the CD on one and booted it on the other. Worked like a fresh new Live Puppy CD.
Booted up fine on both.

Now the strange stuff.
Booted the computer it was not made on. No save file yet.
Booted like a first time Live Puppy CD.
Shut down.
Selected make save file to CD.
Got error message
:-( not an mmc unit!

Time to migrate to a new live CD.

So basically, would not let me put a save file on CD.

Use the multisession CD on the computer I made it on and had no problems saving to disc.

After making save file on disc, by running in the computer it was made on.
It would not boot on other computer.

I think it is a hardware issue with the Disc drive burner that is in the computer it will not work in.
It is a Memorex brand multi-recorder DVD/CD burner
Suppose to have all the latest capabilities.

Hope this info helps!
The things they do not tell you, are usually the clue to solving the problem.
When I was a kid I wanted to be older.... This is not what I expected :shock:
YaPI(any iso installer)

Tman

#283 Post by Tman »

playdayz wrote: Does anyone have openbox and jwm themes and backgrounds for us to consider?
Some jwm themes can be found here: http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... &start=285

The nice thing about jwm themes is that they are tiny.

James C

#284 Post by James C »

Luci-263 live pfix=ram on the problematic box.

Booted to a 800x600 desktop. Used xorgwizard,chose "probe" then "1440x900" and got 1600x1200 using vesa. Downloaded and installed the correct Nvidia driver and finally got the desired 1440x900.
No sound at boot.Ran alsawizard. Detected 2 sound cards in error.....only has onboard Nvidia audio.Second attempt got the sound working. :)

Otherwise, looks to be working good.

Jades

#285 Post by Jades »

Deleted duplicate post.
Last edited by Jades on Mon 11 Jul 2011, 12:57, edited 3 times in total.

Jades

#286 Post by Jades »

Deleted duplicate post.
Last edited by Jades on Mon 11 Jul 2011, 12:58, edited 2 times in total.

Jades

#287 Post by Jades »

Deleted duplicate post.
Last edited by Jades on Mon 11 Jul 2011, 12:59, edited 1 time in total.

Jades

#288 Post by Jades »

playdayz wrote:Luci-263 is now posted in the first message of this thread. This is the 3rd development release.
Damnit! I've only just upgraded my fresh install of 260 to 262. ;-) For the record, things seem to have gone smoothly so far. On 260 I noticed that it took a long time for the speaker icon on the icon bar to lose its cross.
playdayz wrote:[Please boot luci-263 with 'puppy pfix=ram' on a CD, or with 'pfix=ram' as boot option in the grub menu.lst, or rename or delete any lucisave.2fs or 3fs on your disk.
There are times when I wish that you'd elaborate on your reasoning for certain things, and this is one of them. Bear in mind that when Lupu 526 is released many people will be upgrading their existing install and may not take kindly to having to create a new save for a minor point release.

What, specifically, is your reason for creating a new file and removing existing ones?
Zhaan - AMD K6 2 500, 512MB RAM, ATI Rage 128 VR. Full install Wary 5.5 [url=http://tinyurl.com/dy66kh8]HardInfo Report[/url]
Merlin - Core i5-4590, 8GB RAM, Radeon R9 270X. Slacko 5.7.0

Tman

#289 Post by Tman »

SFS-Load is great, now I no longer need a pupsavefile.

Playdayz, I have a few suggestions, all of them would take minimal space:

1) More modern looking mini-icons

2) ScOttman's Default-Programs-Chooser

3) Since dillo is the defaultbrowser, and dillo does not use flashplayer, why not remove flashplayer to save some megs?

4) Some bookmarks for dillo, especially a link to the murga-linux forum.
Last edited by Tman on Thu 14 Jul 2011, 01:40, edited 1 time in total.

Tman

#290 Post by Tman »

Duplicate entry: something was wrong with the forum that night.
Last edited by Tman on Thu 14 Jul 2011, 01:38, edited 2 times in total.

Tman

my requests

#291 Post by Tman »

deleted duplicate entry
Last edited by Tman on Thu 14 Jul 2011, 01:38, edited 1 time in total.

Jades

#292 Post by Jades »

Further to my previous post, I've rebooted Luci 262 a couple of times and haven't noticed a repeat of the slow initialisation of sound I'd seem with Luci 260. In general, Luci 26x seems to be quicker than Lupu 525 although I haven't tested it extensively.
Zhaan - AMD K6 2 500, 512MB RAM, ATI Rage 128 VR. Full install Wary 5.5 [url=http://tinyurl.com/dy66kh8]HardInfo Report[/url]
Merlin - Core i5-4590, 8GB RAM, Radeon R9 270X. Slacko 5.7.0

playdayz

#293 Post by playdayz »

[Please boot luci-263 with 'puppy pfix=ram' on a CD, or with 'pfix=ram' as boot option in the grub menu.lst, or rename or delete any lucisave.2fs or 3fs on your disk.

There are times when I wish that you'd elaborate on your reasoning for certain things, and this is one of them. Bear in mind that when Lupu 526 is released many people will be upgrading their existing install and may not take kindly to having to create a new save for a minor point release.

What, specifically, is your reason for creating a new file and removing existing ones?
Luci-262 was flawed. There were some significant enhancements from rerwin and in installing them I misunderstood what Woof would do, and some were left out. There was also at least one file that should have been deleted and wasn't. Doing it wrong was worse than not doing it, of course. So, all in all I thought we should remove those problems from the testing environment by not updating luci-262. I mentioned the problem I think, but I did not explain the relation between the flawed 262 and the need to start 263 pfix=ram. Thanks.

Yes, Lucid 5.2.6 should be an easy upgrade to a Lucid 5.2.5 save file. However, just as with all the Lucids after the first one, I will say
Tips on Updating
1. Fresh installs don't have any update problems Wink

playdayz

#294 Post by playdayz »

playdayz wrote:
[Please boot luci-263 with 'puppy pfix=ram' on a CD, or with 'pfix=ram' as boot option in the grub menu.lst, or rename or delete any lucisave.2fs or 3fs on your disk.

Luci-262 was flawed. There were some significant enhancements from rerwin and in installing them I misunderstood what Woof would do, and some were left out. There was also at least one file that should have been deleted and wasn't. Doing it wrong was worse than not doing it, of course. So, all in all I thought we should remove those problems from the testing environment by not updating luci-262. I mentioned the problem I think, but I did not explain the relation between the flawed 262 and the need to start 263 pfix=ram. Thanks. That's also the reason 263 came so quick after 262. there was a week between 260 and 262.

Yes, Lucid 5.2.6 should be an easy upgrade to a Lucid 5.2.5 save file. However, just as with all the Lucids after the first one, I will say
Tips on Updating

playdayz

#295 Post by playdayz »

playdayz wrote:

Luci-262 was flawed. There were some significant enhancements from rerwin and in installing them I misunderstood what Woof would do, and some were left out. There was also at least one file that should have been deleted and wasn't. Doing it wrong was worse than not doing it, of course. So, all in all I thought we should remove those problems from the testing environment by not updating luci-262. I mentioned the problem I think, but I did not explain the relation between the flawed 262 and the need to start 263 pfix=ram. Thanks. That's also the reason 263 came so quick after 262. there was a week between 260 and 262.

Tips on Updating

playdayz

#296 Post by playdayz »

Luci-262 was flawed. There were some significant enhancements from rerwin and in installing them I misunderstood what Woof would do, and some were left out. There was also at least one file that should have been deleted and wasn't. Doing it wrong was worse than not doing it, of course. So, all in all I thought we should remove those problems from the testing environment by not updating luci-262. I mentioned the problem I think, but I did not explain the relation between the flawed 262 and the need to start 263 pfix=ram. Thanks.

Tips on Updating

playdayz

#297 Post by playdayz »

Tips on Updating

James C

#298 Post by James C »

Test post..... :)

playdayz

#299 Post by playdayz »

Tips on Updating

James C

#300 Post by James C »

Lets see if this will post?