Lucid Puppy 5.2.7 RC2

A home for all kinds of Puppy related projects
stu90

#261 Post by stu90 »

Found a nice little menu application last night, myGTKmenu - an easy way to clean up the default desktop layout but keep all the big icons in a easy to reach menu?
Although menu file/s needs manually setting up it is pretty straight forward and will launch a menu from a desktop icon or fbpanel etc and you can have as many different custom menus as you like.

use it like this:
/path/to/mygtkmenu/executable /path/to/my/menufile

full res:
http://i.imgur.com/XhyYX.jpg
Attachments
myGTKmenu.tar.gz
(8.91 KiB) Downloaded 538 times

smokey01

Re: No Screen Blanking

#262 Post by smokey01 »

sszindian wrote:smokey01:

Nice job on the sss screen blanking on/off .pet I hope playdayz will include this in the next release!!!!

I knew you could do it :D :D :D

'Thanks'

>>>---Indian------>
Trio had already done something similar which pemasu has used in MidnightSun03. A truly great Puppy.
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... h&id=41001

sszindian

Another Request

#263 Post by sszindian »

smokey01:

Over in-

Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) / Utilities

I created my first-pet-ever-

Cloud Computing For Every Puppy
A simple .pet allows Cloud for all Puppy Versions

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=69192

I know your (and some others) feelings on cloud computing but, please give it a try on this 26x puppy... there is a cloud program in the menu already setup called 'Converter' I believe it may be of interest to you! I used it last night to convert an MP4 to a FLV and it is just fantastic for something that is free and doesn't take up any space on your computer! ttuuxxx uses it and even has it in his signature-file.

I wish playdayz would consider this .pet for the PPM, I'm sure a lot of puppy's would make good use of it and it's a good introduction for those that might want to dabble with the Cloud, without altering their current puppy. it's only about 93K in size. I also have a Cloud 'Browser' listed in it in that lets you travel the Internet and nobody knows who you are or where you come from!

'Thanks'

>>>---Indian------>
Cloud Computing For Every Puppy (a .pet)
[url]http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=69192[/url]

smokey01

#264 Post by smokey01 »

stu90 wrote:Found a nice little menu application last night, myGTKmenu - an easy way to clean up the default desktop layout but keep all the big icons in a easy to reach menu?
Absolutely brilliant.

Thanks

stu90

#265 Post by stu90 »

0.1 was borked updated to v0.2a
added option to make blank menu files.
And here is a little Yad micro editor for quick editing of the myGTKmenu menu files - make sure the menu files have a .txt extension and are in the directory /root/myGTKmenu

extract and make executable.

cheers.
Attachments
editmenu.gz
version 2.a
(795 Bytes) Downloaded 234 times
editmenu.gz
(370 Bytes) Downloaded 275 times
Last edited by stu90 on Sun 10 Jul 2011, 16:04, edited 3 times in total.

playdayz

#266 Post by playdayz »

Luci-263 is now posted in the first message of this thread. This is the 3rd development release.

Please boot luci-263 with 'puppy pfix=ram' on a CD, or with 'pfix=ram' as boot option in the grub menu.lst, or rename or delete any lucisave.2fs or 3fs on your disk.

There are some fine looking utilities that still are not included. For luci-263 the main goal was to get the significant upgrades from rerwin in order.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
To get gparted working with reiserfs, you need reiserfsprogs
Hey rhadon, reiserfsprogs is rather large, which is why it has not been included--that and it is also rather rare. It should go into PPM however--but I am swamped at the moment ;-) Thanks.

bigpup

#267 Post by bigpup »

Updates.

PupApps 1.5
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=61962

PupControl 1.5
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=61961

Version 1.5.
1 - Added Utility tab to the main GUI.
2 - Added more programs to the support database.
3 - Added additional program categories to the Install and Settings tabs.
4 - Added option to enable/disable the ‘Remove CD dialog’ at shutdown.
5 - Added option to enable/disable the screensaver.

When you install PupControl, needs preferences setup so you can see all options.

PupClockset 1.6
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=61633

PupShutdown 1.7.2
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=56077
The things they do not tell you, are usually the clue to solving the problem.
When I was a kid I wanted to be older.... This is not what I expected :shock:
YaPI(any iso installer)

Billtoo

Luci-263 - 3nd development release for Lucid 5.2.6

#268 Post by Billtoo »

I did a manual frugal install of 263 and did all the same stuff that I
did with 262 regarding devx,kernel source, and nvidia driver +
compiled umplayer (extra stereo plugin is nice).

PaulBx1

#269 Post by PaulBx1 »

I tried 263...
playdayz wrote:Jesse's fix -> http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 524#536524

This is something I *really* need help with: the fail to boot from usb with no drives present. I don't understand Jesse's fix--it seems to me we would want to know why there is a bad value in the referenced file in the first place--but....
Not sure why you can't implement this; if I managed it, you sure should be able! :lol: If you want to know the whys and wherefores of it I can't help you. I only know it works. Please put it in...
playdayz wrote: From the thread with Jesse's fix I gather there might be two problems--one with the no drive bug and another with the syslinux problem in 5.2.5 that *should* be fixed in luci-262.
Yes, two boot problems. I have verified your new syslinux (or isolinux, or ldlinux, or whatever the heck it is) has fixed my problem with booting my Intel D510MO from a flash drive. Now it gets stuck booting, on the missing hard drive bug, but Jesse's fix should take care of that. Only thing I did differently was that I left the flash drive vfat rather than ext2 (as I had used previously), but that probably has nothing to do with the syslinux problem.

Sorry to say, I noticed that the menu bug is back. At least I infer that because you have to do Menu>Filesystem>File Managers>Rox-Filer to get Rox! That subsubmenu has a single entry, and the menu files usually call for more than that to generate another menu level. I tried just running "fixmenus" but that didn't help. The 525 bug thread has the fix for the menu bug, or at least the pointer to the fix.

BTW, have you done anything with "pfix=fsck" not working for encrypted pupsaves? It's never been working since day 1 and it should be an easy fix. Just a couple of modprobes and an losetup. As long as you need to mess with initrd.gz...

rcrsn51

#270 Post by rcrsn51 »

playdayz wrote:This is something I *really* need help with: the fail to boot from usb with no drives present. I don't understand Jesse's fix--it seems to me we would want to know why there is a bad value in the referenced file in the first place--but....
I'm assuming that you would need a new woof build to pick up this patch from BK.

pemasu

#271 Post by pemasu »

What devx should I use. I could compile guvcview 1.45. I have devx for Lupu 525.

Rox right clicks would be very useful.

I just need them, so used to the existence of them I am.

Here is the Don570 updated latest package.
Attachments
Right-click-4.9.5.pet
(47.19 KiB) Downloaded 371 times

PaulBx1

#272 Post by PaulBx1 »

I'm assuming that you would need a new woof build to pick up this patch from BK.
I just stuck Jesse's in the 525 initrd.gz and it worked. I guess there are two different ways to the fix, Barry's and Jesse's?

Wouldn't using a new woof take this out of the realm of a bug fix revision (if it's not already)?

pemasu

#273 Post by pemasu »

I used Lupu 525 devx sfs.
Attachments
guvcview-1.4.5.pet
(160.9 KiB) Downloaded 373 times
guvcview_NLS-1.4.5.pet
(49.54 KiB) Downloaded 301 times
guvcview_DOC-1.4.5.pet
(24.42 KiB) Downloaded 329 times

James C

#274 Post by James C »

Just downloaded 263...... looking forward to the adventure of trying it on the problematic dual-core in a little while :lol:

playdayz

#275 Post by playdayz »

What devx should I use. I could compile guvcview 1.45. I have devx for Lupu 525.
That should be OK I think.

Jim1911

#276 Post by Jim1911 »

Hi playdayz,

Looks solid on my main system with wired internet connection. I still have a problem with wireless connection. Recommend that you consider including Frisbee which makes it very simple to set up a WPA or WEP wifi connection.

I'm posting this from my wife's computer that has a wireless connection established by Frisbee on pemasu's latest Polarpup.

It's great that you are back and in charge. Of course you never really left because you have continued to compile great applications that work on various pups. Looking forward to continued development of Lucid.

Cheers,
Jim
Last edited by Jim1911 on Sun 10 Jul 2011, 19:01, edited 6 times in total.

maxerro

#277 Post by maxerro »

Extra keybindings for JWM users go to /root/.jwm/jwmrc-personal, after the existing ones inside the <JWM></JWM> section.

Code: Select all

<Key keycode="160">exec:amixer -q set Master toggle</Key>
<Key keycode="174">exec:amixer -q set Master 1-</Key> 
<Key keycode="176">exec:amixer -q set Master 1+</Key> 
<Key keycode="178">exec:defaultbrowser</Key>
Last edited by maxerro on Mon 11 Jul 2011, 07:23, edited 1 time in total.

James C

#278 Post by James C »

Fresh manual frugal install of 263 on my main Linux box.Everything good on initial boot.
Installed Nvidia driver,Opera 11.50,Firefox 5.0 and SeaMonkey 2.2.......everything good so far.

James C

#279 Post by James C »

Is the forum messing up again for anyone else or is it just something at my end?

James C

#280 Post by James C »

Simultaneously did a manual frugal install on the old P3 test box........ same results,everything is just working.
Rebooted both installs... all settings are persistent. Looking good so far.