Do you like the FONTS-4-PUPPY thread?

Talk about and post software packages known to work or packaged for Puppy.

How Much Do You Like The FONTS-4-PUPPY Thread?

Excellent
No votes
Very Good
33%
Good
33%
Fair
No votes
Poor
33%

Total votes: 3

maik.murks

Do you like the FONTS-4-PUPPY thread?

#1 Post by maik.murks »

Hi all together.

First of all I like to thank you for visiting the FONTS-4-PUPPY thread and for making that thread so popular :D

Some weeks ago I started that thread with nothing but some fonts and an idea of a concept to present these fonts and some additional informations within this Puppy forum. Since this concept was quite different to other ones normally used for sharing fonts I was curious about it whether this concept will work or not.

Now, some weeks later, the FONTS-4-PUPPY thread has more than 5500 views and more than 1000 font downloads. Well, it seemed to be that the concept is working so far.

Thank you for that, thanks to all of you :D

Moreover, the FONTS-4-PUPPY thread contains about 75 different fonts until now and has two sections at the moment with some additional and hopefully useful informations around fonts and how to deal with them.

So meanwhile, it seems to be that the FONTS-4-PUPPY thread is a fonts pool for Puppy - not a big one, but a pool already - and hopefully a smart one, since the fonts posted there have usually a complete character set - not only Latin - some of them have Greek or Cyrillic, too :wink:

And now, I think, it‘s time for another step.

Let‘s say, that the project FONTS-4-PUPPY has successfully passed its alpha phase. So, the next step should be the starting of the beta phase.

And there we are.

In the beginning of the beta phase of FONTS-4-PUPPY I like to know something of you and so I have a short question to you:

How much do you like the FONTS-4-PUPPY thread?
Please note, that this little question has also something to do with:
How much do you think is the FONTS-4-PUPPY thread useable for yourself?

And now, please be so kind and vote above.

Furthermore I like you to post here your ideas for the FONTS-4-PUPPY thread. Your ideas for possible enhancements for example. Your ideas about the possibilities of searching this thread for fonts. Your ideas about finding particular fonts within this thread. Your ideas for additional informations around fonts which have been left so far. And so on and so forth.

Thank you for your effort :D

And welcome to the beta phase of FONTS-4-PUPPY :D

That's it for now.

Cheers :wink:

Maik.Murks

nooby

#2 Post by nooby »

I guess this is my low quality post for today. I have no good knowledge to contribute.

But wanted to say this one time and then I go drag a rag over my loud mouth. :)

I am not only noob when it comes to fonts for puppy but I know fonts can be very important. I usually are totally unaware I look at fonts until I suddenly hit upon a text with a font that goes against my body preferences and then I suddenly becomes very aware and scream or blurt out. WTF is this font thing, how awful. Why did them to this to us :)

But usually things just look okay and I have not idea that fonts even exists. All is the content and the context and not the surface of the chars I lay my eyes upon. Them are just tools to understand what is written.

But it is true that there are fonts and then there are fonts that stand out as sore thumbs in reality
I use Google Search on Puppy Forum
not an ideal solution though

maik.murks

#3 Post by maik.murks »

Hi nooby.

Thank you for your posting and thanks for your vote :D

Your posting sounds very interesting to me and I‘ve thought about what I should answer. My first thought was about a some more bigger story about fonts and why and how to use them including some pros and some cons. And something about writing and something about the design of writing. And something about design what for. Moreover, I really don‘t think that you are a noob. I think that your are some more of the opposite of a noob.

My last thought was to give you an example of making something with letters as a small gift. So here comes a simple wallpaper in two variants for your pleasure. I hope, you like it a little bit.
The wallpapers are in the zip file attached to this posting. The screenshots were taken with a puplet belonging to this thread.

Maik.Murks

P.S.

@ all the others who make a vote in this thread:
The wallpapers attached to this posting are for you also - for your effort of voting - if you like.

@ the FONTS-4-PUPPY thread:
Well, it seems to be that the FONTS-4-PUPPY thread has its own wallpaper now.

Maik.Murks
Attachments
f4p-dark-thumb.jpg
screeny of the darker variant
(35.03 KiB) Downloaded 1721 times
f4p-light-thumb.jpg
screeny of the lighter variant
(51.02 KiB) Downloaded 1721 times